Page 161 of 306 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    If Dawn was in the first pokemon movie with Ash and when Ash "died" how would Dawn react?
    I honestly think she might have reacted in a similar way that Misty did, but maybe more tears involved. I haven't watched that movie in a long time so I can't quite remember what happened exactly.
    I like heavy metal shut up.

Also here's my DeviantArt so you can see my mediocre writing skills.

http://ashdawnheartofwinter.deviantart.com/

Hello guys, remember me? Sorry I haven't exact;y been active on here. School's been keeping me busy.

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082
    Well, you never know what will happen in the future, but hey, it's fun to guess future plots. XD
    I totally do agree with you on that.
    It could go either way. I honestly don't think she will ever return to the main cast, same with Misty and May.
    But still, you know, we're not the writers and therefor, we have no say in what will happen. Besides, there's no way to be sure on what the writers will do in BW. That's up to them. If they wanna bring her back in BW, then they will.
    Of course that's just me for you though.

Lol, I'm looking forward to see how the dub butchers it.
    Believe it or not, the PUSA dub has been much more consistent with the Japanese version then the 4Kids dub was. They definietly followed the Japanese version in DP144 (Gone With the Windworks) a lot more then I expected them to.
    But since DP180 was most a Penguinshipping episode, who knows what they will do. We'll just have to wait and see.

LOL "You looked kind of handsome when you defeated Ash."

The dubbers are predictable as all hell. I honestly laughed a bit when I heard it. I knew they were going to pull this lulzy dub added crap.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 6th November 2010 at 2:35 PM.

hey everyone im new here so i wanted to say hi, but i have no idea what to say

at Hyuuga Neji: your were not the only one to laugh i was like "that came out of nowhere"!
    my avatar is my response of DP 180 dubs version yeah doesnt look like i was to happy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    LOL "You looked kind of handsome when you defeated Ash."

The dubbers are predictable as all hell. I honestly laughed a bit when I heard it. I knew they were going to pull this lulzy dub added crap.
    Personally, I found the Kenny/Brock talk funnier myself. And Dawn's line wasn't that much different than the original; exchanging cool for handsome.

I'm really not worried though seeing we know what's coming up that will keep Ash/Dawn still no.1!

Oh Dubs, you so crazy.

We still have DP191. and Some of the league episodes I guess (Only 2 and a half months guys. o.O).
    Why leave for tomorrow what you can do today?

Given the line Hyuuga brought up... when I watch the ep I'll probably be laughing too much to actually care that they're beefing up Kenny's last episode. Woooooow XD

Anyways, Glad to see there's still activity around here :P. I'm sorry that this isn't a normal post but I'm kinda caught up with other stuff right now... (I still haven't watched BW008 or DP(dub)180...)

I'll say this though, Dawn must have the quickest turn around ever... I can't imagine what they're gonna do for the Paul moment, the Bayleef moment (yes, that one), not to mention the 20 Ash moments that are still left to be casted.
    Last edited by Facescar; 6th November 2010 at 7:56 PM.
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

Hi again. I'd like to provide my thoughts on the dubbed DP180.

As for dubs and original Japanese, I usually know what goes on from the original, but I usually watch the dubs. It does, at times, seem very different with the voice actors delivery and tone. Bad? I can't say, just different.

It was an interesting episode, to say the least. I mean, they throw in the usual Ash/Dawn dialogue from every episode (how they talk to each other when things are going on) and it's quite clear that Kenny/Kengo is jealous. Ok I knew he liked her, but how the anime portrays it, it's almost borderline creepy. He listened in on everything she said and who was she talking to, it would definitely be no surprise if that would be overwhelming (once she knew about it).

Also, I agree that the Brock/Kenny exchange was funny. I really don't believe that Brock is a supporter of penguinshipping (or any shipping for that matter); it's more that he deals with rejection EVERYDAY, so he wants to see someone successful in "love."

All in all, I think this episode (now that I've seen it) gives penguinshipping an inkling of a chance (I guess you could say that about all ships, lol). Before this episode, I never liked it (almost hating it) as Kenny would always call her DD, tap her on the other side of the shoulder, and do those immature stuff that would portray how much he liked her. But, it seems, in this episode, he's matured a little in which he didn't annoy Dawn. So I give penguinshipping a chance.

As for some people saying that she calling him "handsome" makes penguinshipping canon, I laugh at that notion. Like I said, it now has a chance (in my opinion), but ya gotta throw the dog a bone once in a while. Kenny has been wanting her since Day 1, and Dawn (like Ash) isn't mean.

This episode didn't change my thoughts about Pearlshipping. They're still cute together and they support each other like no other. All it did was make Kenny a somewhat tolerable guy (he didn't annoy Dawn, but did listen on everything she said) and maybe penguinshipping possible.

Pearlshipping is tops! I certainly wouldn't mind Cavaliershipping for some reason :P

If Dawn was in the first pokemon movie with Ash and when Ash "died" how would Dawn react?
    cry then try to run to him with Brock holding her back.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/takc3n.jpg[/IMG]
    Friend Code 1077 8600 5245

There was a penguin and pearlshipping hint in this episode.

For the pearlshipping hint:

I'd say it was the fact that when Dawn spoke to the gym leader about her future and she mentioned how her every thought has basically been on Ash and his winning the league and that she wasn't sure on what she was going to do after the league.

Of course, this also foreshadowed why they wouldn't allow Dawn to go on her journey with Ash nor any other male character or rival whom she could depend on... As her character was mostly based on the idea that she needed to learn independence...

Besides that case and point, I did like this episode... Now we wait for another pearlshipping hint.
    NeoMIniTails@gmail.com That is my email

lmao I watched todays DP 180 and it was good. Buizel screwed over Ash with his insistence to fight Kenny's Empoleon like the time against Paul's Ursaring but at least Kenny got a good departure over it.

Only noticeable thing for me was the disbelief/questioning in Dawn's voice when she said "Journey?"

I wonder why Dawn lied to Ash about what she was doing, maybe the writers didn't want to get a love triangle going? lol.

Another part I found funny in the episode was the "handsome" part of the letter was added in a Postscript (P.S.) meaning Dawn thought of it at the last second.

Well I'm looking forward to DP 182 and 183.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    in Dawn's voice when she said "Journey?"

I wonder why Dawn lied to Ash about what she was doing, maybe the writers didn't want to get a love triangle going? lol.
    Because she's secretly starting a relationship with Kenny behind Ash's back. LOLOLOLOLOL

But seriously, I asked the same thing a while back. She just wanted to keep all the drama to herself, and didn't want to concern Ash with it. It was a personal thing between her and Kenny anyway. Asking about would just create more unecessary love drama for Pokemon. Though, I really doubt Ash would really care if Dawn fell for Kenny anyway. He's just that kind of kid.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 7th November 2010 at 6:28 AM.

But seriously, I asked the same thing a while back. She just wanted to keep all the drama to herself, and didn't want to concern Ash with it. It was a personal thing between her and Kenny anyway. Asking about would just create more unecessary love drama for Pokemon. Though, I really doubt Ash would really care if Dawn fell for Kenny anyway. He's just that kind of kid.
    Yeah Ash is the last to care about love unless its love for a pokemon or his mother lol. This brings back the memory of when Aipom was in that contest with Jessie and Ash was so jealous and afraid that Aipom loved Jessie more than him lol.

Because she's secretly starting a relationship with Kenny behind Ash's back. LOLOLOLOLOL
    lmao that made me laugh for a quite a while. You know I wouldn't mind if Dawn dated Kenny, as long as its not/wasn't permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by fireball20
    It was an interesting episode, to say the least. I mean, they throw in the usual Ash/Dawn dialogue from every episode (how they talk to each other when things are going on) and it's quite clear that Kenny/Kengo is jealous. Ok I knew he liked her, but how the anime portrays it, it's almost borderline creepy. He listened in on everything she said and who was she talking to, it would definitely be no surprise if that would be overwhelming (once she knew about it).
    Yes, it´s creepy how Conway-esque Kenny acted in this ep.

Ash and Dawn were merely chatting and having the cool vibe they always
    have, and this dud just kept staring them as if a skunk had crawled in his
    pants and died there, lol. It´s obvious that Kenny is dead envious of
    the amazing bond Ash and Dawn share.

Spoiler:- Envy - it wears green and stares the unattainable coolness:

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

The dubbers thought "handsome" was a good alternate to "cool". Because to be fair, in most cases amoung young japanese girls in animes, "cool' is usually a term used when a girl likes a guy. Now, there are a few exceptions, but in most cases this holds true. The implications of "cool" are different from when she has called Ash "amazing" though. One shows signs of increased interest, while the other shows respect.

Lol, I guess the dubbers though her comment was more or less to show she's ( suddenly) interested in him now. Oh well, life goes on.

The dubbers thought "handsome" was a good alternate to "cool". Because to be fair, in most cases amoung young japanese girls in animes, "cool' is usually a term used when a girl likes a guy. Now, there are a few exceptions, but in most cases this holds true. The implications of "cool" are different from when she has called Ash "amazing" though. One shows signs of increased interest, while the other shows respect.

Lol, I guess the dubbers though her comment was more or less to show she's ( suddenly) interested in him now. Oh well, life goes on.
    But we can never be sure though. Atleast this episode was over and done with in the Dubs. Although I don't watch it, I'll probably end up watching DP191.

Quote Originally Posted by aipomadvanceshipper View Post
    cry then try to run to him with Brock holding her back.
    I concur. I believe that'd probably happen if Dawn were in the first movie or...

Satoshi is hit dead-on with the two most powerful pokemon as the sad music is playing and suddenly the music stops.

The camera is seen going in Satoshi's direction looking at a blue-haired companion watching in shock. It zooms into her eyes which are widening in shock as she begins to shake as she whispers, "No."

Then it zooms into her mouth as she screams it out, "No, Satoshi-kun!"

She tries to run forward but Takeshi tries to stop her whom tries to make him release her but finds herself suddenly too weak to continue on and falls to her knees.

With her head down, she hears the pokemon crying while she keeps trying to reassure herself it'll be okay and at that moment, the pokemon begin to cry themselves.

Dawn looks up and sees Satoshi awaken again. A soft, comforted smile comes over her as Brock helps her up. "Arigatou... Satoshi, you're okay."
    NeoMIniTails@gmail.com That is my email

The more that I think about it; this episode kinda reminds me of Misty Meets Her Match! Though obviously not as love extreme as that episode, a couple of examples of this episode are similar to that one:

Forgive me, my memory on the episode is a little hazy, but if I remember, Rudy had wanted Misty to stay with him (I'm pretty sure he gave her the decision) while Kenny sounded like he wanted to force Dawn to go with him (Though it ultimately came down to her decision as well).
    Ash, as always, remains completely oblivious to both situations (As discussed earlier, Dawn prolly felt that Ash didn't need to get involved as it involved her own relationship with a childhood friend).
    And in the end, they both decided to stay with Ash (until their eventual depature ).

If Brock had been in that earlier episode, I'm sure he would have done the same thing as he did with Kenny, lol!

I'm just wondering, I'm sure you guys had discussed it when it came out in Japan, why wasn't there any blushing? You'd think Dawn and/or Kenny (perhaps he just matured) would have blushed once. I dunno, I just found that a little odd.

So I guess I have a question to propose to pearlshippers (though it's probably been asked and answered a couple times in the past):

Given what we know now about Kenny and his character, what if, in his debut, he invited himself to join Ash, Dawn and Brock? How would the series be different? Would this affect Pearlshipping or Penguinshipping in a favorable or unfavorable way?

Personally, with the way he was in his debut, he'd no doubt get on Dawn's nerves. Ash and Brock certainly wouldn't mind hearing more childhood stories! Kenny would get overbearing in which he would always want to pair up with Dawn for those double battles (that Ash and Dawn had, speaking of which, was the last one they had against Kotone (Lyra) and Khoury (Why isn't it just Cory?)?) and he'd let his jealousy get the best of him (not just of Ash, but all of the male trainers they meet). Dawn, feeling conflicted, talks to Ash about what to do. Leaning on each other in their difficult times, their relationship grows consequently (hopefully in a romantic way, lol!) and we reach another degree of pearlshipping in the anime.

I just don't see the four of them traveling together for very long or well unless one of the characters' personalities change (mainly Kenny's jealously).

LOL! Could you imagine some examples if Kenny was with them?
    Dawn's cheerleadering outfit for Ash
    Uncrushing Defeat (DP133)
    Gone with the Windworks (DP140ish?)
    Rise of Darkrai
    Last edited by fireball20; 8th November 2010 at 5:16 AM.

I laughed when I heard 'handsome' in the letter but it still a pity letter to me Making Kenny understand that Dawn may never return his feelings.Sometimes not all childhood friendships end end up lovely doublely. Kenny beening jealous of Ash was interseting to see if he traveled with them then he would drive Dawn insane with the childhood stories.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Been a while since I've posted here, just watched the love triangle from hell episode, I hated Kenny no offense to Kenny fans and its not cuz I'm a Pearlshipper. If Kenny didn't act the way he did I might kind of like the guy, him trying to get Dawn to travel with him if Ash lost was lame LOL. I guess I can't blame Kenny for being jealous of Ash, he's awesomeXD Ask for movie 1 I think Dawn would cry a lot, I'm thinking she would be next to Pikachu and cry over him. Also that letter at the end of the episode, yah guess Dawn felt she should say some thing nice about the poor kid.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Lol DP180.

In other news, dead thread is dead?

Lol DP180.

In other news, dead thread is dead?
    Stop beating the dead horse. lol.

There have been a couple of posts. Atleast is wasn't like that week that had 5 days without a post.

When Dawn does make her eventual reappearance, I wonder if she'll comment on Ash looking different (seeing BW gave him a slight redesign)?

One way it could go (from how I visualized it in my head) is like this. After meeting up again, Dawn tells Ash that he looks different somehow, leading Ash to being confused and asking Pikachu if it's true while Dawn mentally adds that he looks cooler/more handsome now in her eyes.

Ash then looks Dawn over and says she look different too, making Dawn blush and asking Ash what's different about her (hoping he says something like her being beautiful or something). Then Ash, being Ash, ask if she got a new hat or something.

Dawn and/or anyone else around face plants, followed by Dawn getting mad and saying yes, it is new. Ash ask her what's wrong, making Dawn tell him never mind. When Ash tries to get her to tell him, she says "I was wrong, you haven't changed at all" leading to them arguing and anyone else present laughing.

Hey hey guys, let's stop with the shorty short posts, alright? It's startin' to look a bit spammy in my eyes.

Anywho, I actually really like your scenario, Rowdy. It would be pretty funny to see that happen, plus it's somewhat believable to an extent. By that I mean, for example, I don't think the writers would allow us some insight into her thoughts, especially one such as that. Maybe something like "He looks..happy and confident" or something like that, and in a fond tone, like she's grateful for his happiness or something. Gah. I don't know. My mind feels like it's on autopilot right now. Excuse the suddenness of my presence here.

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO PM/VM ME if you have questions about the thread or if I haven't put your names on the supporters list. Again, I haven't really had the mental willpower to post here since I have no idea what's going on anymore, and I've been more or less hanging around other parts of the forums/shippers community. So, uh, yeah.

Ciao!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys. I've been focusing on Speech/Debate stuff recently... so I haven't had time to post. I'm working towards one last song post soon enough, so just hold tight for that. (by that I mean wait a month or so... so sorry D'X)

I feel really bad that I haven't been able to be on more, but I'm swamped.

Anyways, just to make this about PS... ummm... Dawn'll totally come back in White's clothing, I can just tell it's going to happen. I'm just wondering if the guy who designs those guys and girls (and heck, even the pokemon, right?) planed that out. Any thoughts, zombie thread?

Anyways, I'll be back soon enough,
    - The ever-loyal (if absent) Facescar
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

Page 161 of 306 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast