Page 163 of 306 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Default Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

3-4 days since the last post... oh well :P    Spoiler:- Topic Time!:

Spoiler:- Contest Sadness:
        Spoiler:- Parting Note:
    btw, if you guys think I'm posting too much... be sure to let me know ._.

=EDIT=
    haha, shoulda known Japanese Emperor Satoshi was still around XD. Good to hear from you
    Last edited by Facescar; 27th November 2010 at 12:16 PM.
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

I read this thread everyday!!!
    I am just too lazy to post anything...
    However, don't worry!!!
    I am a pearlshipper forever...

CONTEST? HURRAH~!

Can I participate in the contest? I'll do something under the art category.
    Hopefully I can get Ash's hair right. And Dawn's hat. And actually finish a CG drawing. And get it in on time because I'm just so busy. *sigh* BUT I SHALL TRY.

Wow, I haven't been to this thread for a while. :P I have read Facescar's post about Ash's entire Pokemon journey and about their opinion on Dawn's return, and I officially have faith in her return now.
    I picked some frozen strawberries
    so I could ice your bruise-y knees.

But frozen things, they all
    unfreeze.

And now I taste like...

Sorry about just now posting, but I've been finishing some Chemistry research for school, and I've been working on my fanfic a ton. (Plus it's Thanksgiving weekend in America... I'm still super full.)
    Anyways, if Dawn does reappear for a bit in Best Wishes, it might be due to advertisements? I mean that's probably the only reason besides one of the writers taking a liking to Dawn and Ash... And what's this about the Champion's League? From the sounds of it, it sounds like an epic finale to Ash, and... a good time for everyone to come back. I mean, we've had Ash for how long now? I doubt/hope they don't go to a sixth generation with Ash...

EDIT: I thought this didn't get posted... iPods can be unreliable sometimes. Anyways, what do I have to do for the fanfiction part of the contest? It sounds interesting. And when would the cutoff date for entries be?
    Last edited by nuggetmaster; 28th November 2010 at 7:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlick_Anime View Post
    CONTEST? HURRAH~!

Can I participate in the contest? I'll do something under the art category.
    Hopefully I can get Ash's hair right. And Dawn's hat. And actually finish a CG drawing. And get it in on time because I'm just so busy. *sigh* BUT I SHALL TRY.
    Ohoho! Of course you can participate! That's exactly what I want to see~

Spoiler:- contest entries:

We need more people! There can't be just one person for each category. It wouldn't be a contest that way, now wouldn't it? ):

By the way, sorry for the short post this time. I'm not mentally awake at the moment, and I'm kinda distracted right now..

So, what exactly do we do in the contest? Say I wanna participate in the graphics section, what do I 'ave to do?

Hey Everyone. How are you all doing?

So I am back from my Hiatus from the anime and pokemon. I basically gave up on both a little while after BW001. So i honestly don't know what's been going on with the anime and even this thread. My sincere apologies. So I should have some more free time now to post and see who the more regular posters are other than my friend Post Master General. My support for PS is there but it has diminished a bit.

So to stay on topic, It looks like the animators were not lying when they said that this saga would be faster than he previous ones. So my question is: Would this be beneficial for PS or not?

Sinnoh, Classic.

I would like to enter in the contest under the Art catorgy, but what exactly do we have to do?

So my question is: Would this be beneficial for PS or not
    Depends. BW seems to be rushing things very quickly, maybe too quickly so maybe Dawn's camo could be short, not like May's Wallace Cup camo which was around 4-5 episodes. if BW continued this sudden rush then maybe Dawn might not have a powerful return like May's camo back in Sinnoh.

In the topic for beneficial for Pearlshipping, i really don't know. i mean Dawn and Ash didn't really have a item to share. like with Misty, she gave Ash the Misty lure and the handkerchief, May and Ash both have the ribbon and now the Teddiursa wooden figurine. I can't say much since BW is fairly new, but im sure that whatever happens when Dawn shows up, pearlshipping will gain more hints and whatever happens, it will end up begin beneficial.

But if the writers and animators don't remind us fans anything about the Sinnoh saga or any of the past regions Ash has been, then Pearlshipping would be in trouble, same goes to Poke and Advance.

9 weeks of Pearlshiping left? (maybe even less) wow, can't believe DP is going to end soon. i mean the DP US airing. Cartoon network repeated Galatic battles right after Ash finished his battle in Snowpoint. so i guess Pearlshipping will last a little longer over here.
    Last edited by Midnightmoon6o2; 5th December 2010 at 8:50 AM.

Forgive me for not being active on here. I've been very busy lately and I haven't had much of a chance to get online.

Ok, I really like the idea of this Contest and I'm definitely interested on participating. It would definietly give me a reason to write that Pearlshipping one-shot I've been dying to write for like ages now.
    But yeah, I'm definietly interesting in participating in this Contest, Pat. But the only thing I can do is write fanfics :/

I don't see how this benefit Pearlshipping at all.
    Maybe if Dawn does come back to the main cast again, which I highly doubt, then maybe it would.
    It also depends on if Dawn gets a cameo in BW. But I'm gonna have to to agree with midnightjewels on this one. If BW is rushed, then I doubt Dawn's return, even if it is a cameo.
    But still, I just don't see how BW being fast-paces would benefit Pearlshipping.

And I honestly can't believe that DP is ending really soon. Despite the fact that I do happen to like BW a lot so far, I still miss Dawn like crazy. Watching DP191 in English is gonna be hard but definietly nowhere near as hard as it was when I watched it in Japanese. I still cry every time I watch the Japanese version. Especially during Piplup and Pikachu's crying scene.

But no matter what happens, I'll always remain a hardcore Pearlshipper, no matter what. I assure you guys that.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Smile

Hey Everyone! I have not posted on this thread in like forever...I forgot my passord and i was so upset about that. :'( I have been super busy and i just moved to another place...so many boxes...but i still love Pearlshipping! and still think they are a super cute couple! I was wondering why noone seemed to mention Satoshi's liking to mijumaru. He never had a water starter as his first pokemon in a new region and i thought it had to do with hikari because of his attachment to piplup. He even called mijumaru cute! I think hikari rubbed some of her personality onto him. anyway I will try and keep this thread active and I hope we will continue to have great discussions! I always get hopeful when i hear the opening of best wishes because when he sings the part of "that nostalgic voice" he sings it with alot of emotion to shoe how important it is to him.

As to how best wishes being face paced i can't think of any benefits but I am sooo hoping hikari was the one who designed his clothes. Imagine if he gives him a new design for his next region?! that would be sweet! but i really think they HAVE to bring dawn back because they always do it as seen with the examples of misty and may. I really hope they hug when she debuts in best wishes...and that ash will be close to crying when she leaves cause that would really show how much he cares about her. and thank you facescar and wind21! you both have very good points and it makes me excited all over again for pearlshipping! keep it up you guys!

Default Back, just barely :/

Quote Originally Posted by ~SkyHigh~ View Post
    Forgive me for not being active on here. I've been very busy lately and I haven't had much of a chance to get online.
    (aren't I clever =_=).

Ok, I really like the idea of this Contest and I'm definitely interested on participating. It would definietly give me a reason to write that Pearlshipping one-shot I've been dying to write for like ages now.
    But yeah, I'm definietly interesting in participating in this Contest, Pat. But the only thing I can do is write fanfics :/
    Awesome! Hopefully even more of us will join on. And don't worry about "only" fanfics, it's the same with me :P.

Well, here's my fundamental point... Any time where Dawn comes back cannot happen during BW proper. By which I mean the Isshu journeys. It can only feasibly happen as a result of a re-journeying through a different region. That is far more likely if BW is rushed (since it's unlikely that the Gen VI game, which will mark the end of the totality of BW, will come out any time soon). That is because it gives Ash and Dawn a ton more time for closure. I just can't see Pearlshipping made canon over the course of 2-4 episodes unless they truly are pressed for time and the anime is about to be canceled...

-EDIT- The Champions League fits the bill perfectly. Of course, in such a scenario May, Misty, and Iris would all probably come along too.

As for a cameo, it can certainly be nice (and we might get some nice moments ), but it would likely preclude her coming back as a full-time cast member.

Quote Originally Posted by pokelover94 View Post
    I was wondering why noone seemed to mention Satoshi's liking to mijumaru. He never had a water starter as his first pokemon in a new region and i thought it had to do with hikari because of his attachment to piplup. He even called mijumaru cute! I think hikari rubbed some of her personality onto him.
    You're absolutely right. As I mentioned in a previous post, Ash also picked up Dawn's cheek-pout. I don't think he ever really got those kind of pickups from Misty or May...

As for more similarities: It's interesting to note that in both Ash and Dawn's cases, the water starter saved them before they were actually their pokemon. I'm seeing some subtle hints here and there about that, but only time will tell if that becomes more important.

anyway I will try and keep this thread active and I hope we will continue to have great discussions! I always get hopeful when i hear the opening of best wishes because when he sings the part of "that nostalgic voice" he sings it with alot of emotion to shoe how important it is to him.
    Yeah I'm wondering if the dub will have anything similar at all (doubtful, since they rarely base their songs off the Japanese, but it's entirely possible :P).

I am sooo hoping hikari was the one who designed his clothes. Imagine if he gives him a new design for his next region?! that would be sweet! but i really think they HAVE to bring dawn back because they always do it as seen with the examples of misty and may. I really hope they hug when she debuts in best wishes...and that ash will be close to crying when she leaves cause that would really show how much he cares about her.
    While I'm not sure Ash ever will cry again... (the last time he got close was when Pikachu nearly died in Sinnoh, but even then it was just a drop) I certainly think that would be an awesome situation XD. I think they could do a lot with what seems to have been a brief time-jump between DP191 and BW001, but I doubt that any of that will be colored in. All I can say is that it seems that Delia Ketchum finally got to spend some quality time with her son. She essentially forced him into finding a new place to explore XP.

and thank you facescar and wind21! you both have very good points and it makes me excited all over again for pearlshipping! keep it up you guys!
    haha, thank you! I'm not sure I deserve the praise, but I definitely appreciate the kind words

Anyways, as for the contest: I'm reallllllly excited to get to work on my submission story (I'll start next week after finals :P), not to mention getting back to my other one. I hope more of you guys sign up to take part, because I think it'd be great for the thread
    Last edited by Facescar; 12th December 2010 at 7:59 AM.

I'm new here and I'm Kinda late I know^^ but I recently finish the DP Saga and the Hikari & Ash journey miss me already. I love Misty, less Haruka but my favourite girl is Hikari. Sinnoh is the better region since the beginning.
    - With so much reference to Kanto and Johto,
    - With the best characters
    - With an awesome and diversified journey
    - First time he goes this far to a league
    - and with an amazing cute girl like Hikari

She is the closest girl to Satoshi.
    They cheers up together, they share their pain, she was kinda impressed when she saw the Satoshi's previous pokemon. She always encourage him and Kotone (from Johto) said that they go along so well. They built a strong bond that's why they needn't share a stuff. When Tiplouf cries !!! when she said she will follow them to Kanto !!! (even if she didn't because she has to take her own path) Makes me happy^^ .

Takeshi, Satoshi, Hikari sure knows about their respectives path thanks to "Sinnoh ark". And Dp marks the end of the 1 part of Pokemon Saga because BW is a new begining. So DP is not a season like an other. they grown up.So that even if Pokemon is comercial, for kids etc...like other guys at the end of the serie hope that he will has a relationship and hope she'll return with Satoshi. Can't wait this moment.
    In black and white we can see Shirona, maybe the heroes of Sinnoh are not forgotten ? Hope that Satoshi will at least see Hikari in model Magazines or in Contest if Isshu get ones.

You surely knows all of that but I Wanted to post because I love pearlshipping and I wanted to clear my mind. For me it's the greatest pair for a reason that I can't explain but it's an evidence ! They are so cute...

Thanks for having read my annoying post.
    Pearlshipping (and Sinnoh) 4ever.
    Last edited by Raitei; 13th December 2010 at 3:04 AM.

Hey everyone! Just checking in... sign me up for this contest, and let's get this going! Come on, let's get this thread up! Too intense? Oh well, I felt the need to keep this thread alive. I have a Pearlshipping question, but it's more about the fanfiction representation of it. (Endless possiblities...)

Anyways, when/if you read Pearlshipping fanfictions, what appeals the most to you? I'm just curious, that's all...

Also, another question... for those of you that have watched Pokemon since the first season, if it was official that Ash would never ever travel or meet the old cast members ever again during Best Wishes and possibly beyond, would you keep watching?

Hey Raitei! Nice to see a new member join the fold, no matter what the time

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetmaster View Post
    Hey everyone! Just checking in... sign me up for this contest, and let's get this going! Come on, let's get this thread up! Too intense? Oh well
    Haha, it works

And yay! New contest-goers!
    Anyways, when/if you read Pearlshipping fanfictions, what appeals the most to you? I'm just curious, that's all...
    Umm.. sticking to the actual character's personalities? It just doesn't work for me when I can change the names and it still fits :P

Also, another question... for those of you that have watched Pokemon since the first season, if it was official that Ash would never ever travel or meet the old cast members ever again during Best Wishes and possibly beyond, would you keep watching?
    Probably not except in clumps at the end of journeys. I've already dropped off on watching BW for a bit now...

Literally jumping for joy over this side special with Hikari and Takeshi. Maybe there won't be anything close to a pearlshipping reference or anything, but it'll be GREAT to see those two again.

Thanks Facescar^^

Can't wait for this one hour's special !!! Want to see Brock and Dawn =)
    Wind21 Like you I think there won't be pealshipping but who knows ?^^
    Pearlshipping 4ever !!!

It might be nothing more than wishful thinking on my part, but I'd like to hope the one hour special might at least hint (if not come out and say) that Dawn is thinking about going to Unova after hearing about the Pokemon Musical contest and being intrigued by it (if not to join up with Ash from the get go), thus leading to a possible reunion there.

I guess Dawn getting another appearance warrants a return here from me. I'm just really interested if she has any lingering thoughts about Ash now that he is gone.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Default I just exploded... ._.

Well... that was fast!

So, in early Feb. we'll be getting Dawn and Brock's return?

(first off, I'm pretty sure these are real, but you never know)

Thoughts:

It's interesting that Cynadquil evolved: It really was the only one left with room to grow up, and I don't see any of her pokemon evolving further. This makes me far more doubtful she'll return during the Pokemon Champions League arc, whenever it does happen, unless she either pulls an Ash and leaves a ton of her pokemon behind or doesn't have much character development.

Why are they on a boat/balcony?!?: The description says that Dawn's at Hearthome, but then why is she waving off a balcony/boat?!? I'm just confused :P

This is a final goodbye, and yet it isn't. Something's off: When May and Misty got their final goodbyes, they were sporting new outfits. Nada for Dawn or Brock. For Brock, this makes sense, as he has kept the same look since episode... what... 3? 5? But for Dawn? She's a fashion guru of sorts now. She's done with designing too, so the only thing holding her in Sinnoh is a rematch with Zoey... I'm just rambling now. Point is, this isn't following the usual pattern, something that's highly unusual for pokemon. When you look into things, there's always a set pattern to what happens and when. Just look at the order of Ash's pokemon acquisitions, etc.

Dawn probably WILL be thinking of Ash at some point: The real question is for how long or in what context? Are they going to force some other Dawn-shipping? Will they leave it open? Will Pearlshipping get a final (albeit little) push?

All said, I'm excited . Not to mention happy to know that they aren't retired. Yet.

Been gone lately, been a while BUTT

Don't you think this is a little bit too soon should this count as Dawn's 'cameo'.
    By February, we would only be at around BW020, while the other two girls cameo happened well into series (AG044 and DP075 respectively). I mean if this doesn't count as the cameo, then w/e. But if it does, it is really too soon imho.
    Why leave for tomorrow what you can do today?

A special with Dawn and Brock? Where did you hear that? I've been out of the current loop for Isshu- or should I say Unova? When's it supposed to air? This special seemed to breath some life into this thread...

A special with Dawn and Brock? Where did you hear that? I've been out of the current loop for Isshu- or should I say Unova? When's it supposed to air? This special seemed to breath some life into this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetmaster View Post
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...eturn_to_anime

It is supposed to air in February
    Why leave for tomorrow what you can do today?

Now I'm Back.

Finally some new news on Pearlshipping has sparked the Pearlshipper inside of me again XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideologies View Post
    Been gone lately, been a while BUTT

Don't you think this is a little bit too soon should this count as Dawn's 'cameo'.
    By February, we would only be at around BW020, while the other two girls cameo happened well into series (AG044 and DP075 respectively). I mean if this doesn't count as the cameo, then w/e. But if it does, it is really too soon imho.

It's a special, not a cameo. So my guess is that it will just be an update of how Brock and Dawn are doing. (or something of the sort). It's highly unlikely IMO that they are going to meet up with Ash in this special. But like others have said, it will for sure have something about Dawn missing Ash.

Sinnoh, Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    I'm just really interested if she has any lingering thoughts about Ash now that he is gone.
    It´d be almost an insult if she doesn´t even mention Ash.
    We know how bad Piplup wanted to travel with Pikachu, so I think we can
    safely expect at least marginal interaction concerning Ash´s current affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Facescar
    Why are they on a boat/balcony?!?
    Because she sails to Unova in pursuit of her man *shot* XD
    Will Pearlshipping get a final (albeit little) push?
    Indeed, even a tiny push would be most welcome, to give us something
    to chew on for the following weeks and months. Heck, I could even manage
    the next couple years without a Dawn cameo, if only this February special
    had a satisfactory dose of shippiness.
    Last edited by Hjörung´s wrath; 15th December 2010 at 3:21 AM.

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

Page 163 of 306 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast