Page 201 of 298 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 7426

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

=O

5000 posts! *confetti*

How much time do you think Hikari will stay? And what type of Pearlshippy interaction do you expect?

As for how long she will stay, I'm not sure. I agree with dentogirl wholeheartedly however with the theory that she's coming only for the league. XD I mean, didn't Hikari's GF in DP take place before the 8th gym? Ash is going to challenge Brycen before the new season starts, so hopefully she joins them in between the two gyms. If she does come to see Ash's battles then that would make her the first female companion to travel to another region just to cheer him on in the competition. She's always the best when it comes to supporting him anyway. =P

As for interaction a high five is a must. Maybe some of the usual "daijobu!" exchanges and a tag battle to show how much nothing has changed between them.

But let's not get our hopes up for this. If she's only around for a mini arc then I don't want to be severely disappointed or anything.
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 12th May 2012 at 5:52 PM.
    ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Unbelievable guys... unbelievable.

Dawn's returning... One could not imagine how blissfully happy I was upon finding out about this...

Needless to say, I'd love it so much if Hikari became a main character once again! I'm not going to analyse all the hints and premises potentially working in favor or against Dawn staying for longer... but with her on the BW2 poster and Piplup being showcased in the foreground... this gives to think.

Even if it is only a cameo I guess I still should be satisfied but after all that time of a wistful longing... In any case, I trust that the writers won't spare us pearlshipping moments.

Because what I fear the most now is being disillusioned.

Let's hope
    Last edited by hopeful sleeper; 12th May 2012 at 8:50 PM.

Oh dear...I just realised how bad Dawn's timing is....I started watching Pokemon from the end of Season 5 a few months back and I'm only at the end of season 9, meaning I have to watch all 191 episodes of DP before Dawn comes back. Fine then....challenge accepted.

More old members =D
    Welcome back,hopeful sleeper xD
    Honestly when BW began,I was a bit unsure if Hikari would ever appear again.
    Then the DP special came and reinforced the theory that she possibly could never appear again.
    But now...it is not just a random cameo,she appeared in the poster,and I still can't believe it either.

@pokefan493: Writers are some time unpredictable.
    I don't know,I like the idea of a mini-season with her.
    Also,it DEFINITELY should happen the things you mentioned
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    @pokefan493: Writers are some time unpredictable.
    I don't know,I like the idea of a mini-season with her.
    Also,it DEFINITELY should happen the things you mentioned
    They're unpredictable pretty much most of the time. Heck, everyone working for anything Pokemon-related is unpredictable. Raise your hand if you saw BW2 coming.

Also, for those PearlShippers who never gave up hope, even after DP ended (This obviously doesn't apply to me since I wasn't a PearlShipper when DP ended, let alone a member of SPPf XD)... What kept you shipping PearlShipping after DP ended? Since there was a good chance that Dawn wasn't returning, thanks to BW being a "re-boot" of the anime, it's interesting how you never gave up hope.

What kept you shipping PearlShipping after DP ended?

To be honest, right after DP ended I was on the verge of giving up being a pearlshipper altogether... but then I recalled all the SatoHika development, all those moments DP had provided...and I thought to myself, this can't be over yet!

Now it might turn out that it's been worth the wait.

Personally, I'm more dedicated to Negaishipping, but I wouldn't mind so much if Pearlshipping became Canon. I think Dawn's guest appearance will stir things up as well. I mean who knows, main cast romance may come to existence during this BW2 season. One thing's certain though, I'm looking forward to the appearances of Dawn, Cynthia, and Homika in this one.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Personally, I'm more dedicated to Negaishipping, but I wouldn't mind so much if Pearlshipping became Canon. I think Dawn's guest appearance will stir things up as well. I mean who knows, main cast romance may come to existence during this BW2 season. One thing's certain though, I'm looking forward to the appearances of Dawn, Cynthia, and Homika in this one.
    I think PearlShipping and NegaiShipping are the most probably shippings right now. I wouldn't mind if NegaiShipping became canon either, since I actually quite like their interactions. Somewhat. Not as much as Pearl, but still.

Heh, if you guys look back a few hundred pages I had a debate with some users on the implications of DP180. I am a supporter of Pearlshipping, and I like it just as much as Negai.

DP180 was a big episodes, and I had alot of tl;dr about it's implications in this thread. It didn't make me happy too say the least, so I was being a bit of a downer after it aired. I think Lokoduro read through it all . ^^;

Her coming back is GREAT news though, I fully expect some high five and maybe a double battle.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 12th May 2012 at 9:31 PM.

I agree! To see Dawn back could provide us with some lovely hints for us fellow shippers. I've actually really grown on this ship, having mulled it over for some time and may (or may not - it's all due with time and exams) or may not post a sketch dump for Pearl, linked back to my DA page. If you guys think it's a good idea, and I find myself with some free time, I may consider doing it, just for the lulz. And because I promised I'd contirbute something~

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~
    Private Detective regarding behaviour and problems; if you have a problem, you may find some benefit in talking to me. May.

I'm willing to help anybody if it raises their chances of solving the issue.

Plus... all I am is bored these days.

So what will happen when Dawn makes her appearance? Will either PearlShipping or Negaishipping begin to become more Canon, or will the writers continue to troll us to no end by keeping the overall pool of mushy romance dryer than your typical episode of One Piece?

I hope Ash, and Dawn have a tag battle for old time sake. Just a fun match in a tournament perhaps? Since they were such an effective team, I'd love to seem them battle together with new Pokemon

If Ash and Dawn enter a tournament together as a team, what kinds of fun things do you expect to happen? How far would they get?

@hopeful sleeper: It will,just wait and see ^^

@PokeMaster366: Yeah I like Negaishipping too xDD
    But then,I think I would be broken up a bit if Negai was supposed to become canon.And one of the reasons is: double troll to WS and PrlS.

@Hyuuga Neji:Yes,the thread was overheating during DP180.From total downfall to ascension.And after DP191,if I remember correctly,your debate began and it was very nice.Pearlshippers seemed very convinced of Dp180 final results.

@jesspikapal: Maybe you could draw something related to her cameo,well I still don't know how far we are from it though.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    @Hyuuga Neji:Yes,the thread was overheating during DP180.From total downfall to ascension.And after DP191,if I remember correctly,your debate began and it was very nice.Pearlshippers seemed very convinced of Dp180 final results.
    Haha, did you actually read through my all my tl;dr rants on that episode in this thread?

I wonder what Dawn is going to promote when she arrives? I don't think there are any contest in Unova, that we know of yet. I kinda expect her to appear with Cynthia, in this tournament thing which is why I brought the idea for a tag battle up.

Unfortunately, I don't expect her to stay for long. It'll probably just be a short arc like May had. But hey, they may surprise us.

Our long wait in exile is finally over!! *Note* I will edit this post in a little while, Im too overjoyed to be developing right now! *

Edit: Please go to the next page to see my full reply xD.
    Last edited by Adelaide1994; 13th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.

Well anyway, something random here, I started making a Negaishipping fanfic and seeing as there are a few Negaishipping fans here, I thought you all would be somewhat interested. Here's the link to it and lets hope that Dawn's appearance will be a success.
    Well, yes, there might be some members here who are interested in Negai, but please keep fanworks of other shippings to its respective thread. I don't want the discussion to veer off track, especially since this isn't a place to discuss Negaishipping. :P

It was and still is my favorite Ash/Dawn shipping, period. One does not need recent hints to keep a shipping alive or likable. As hopeful sleeper pointed out, remembering all of their moments and interactions and situations together... How can I stop shipping them? They are just too precious to one another, romantically or not.

If Ash and Dawn enter a tournament together as a team, what kinds of fun things do you expect to happen? How far would they get?

I don't expect them to argue, but I would love for them to totally obliterate any other team out of the water with their teamwork. If it there is one thing Pearlshipping is known for (or just the Ash/Dawn friendship in general), it's their ability to work together in complete synchronization. <3

Unfortunately, I don't expect her to stay for long. It'll probably just be a short arc like May had. But hey, they may surprise us.
    Me too. I'm going to keep expectations low and only hope for a slightly longer arc than the past girls'. If they do keep her around until BW2 ends then it would be a neat little present for us right? =P
    ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    Haha, did you actually read through my all my tl;dr rants on that episode in this thread?
    Yep,I remember you,DuK and Facescar battling over the true meaning behind DP180 result

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan
    especially since this isn't a place to discuss Negaishipping. :P
    I agree,let's move on then ^^

==========

Well,I see no reason to abandon it.If I didn't believe in Pearlshipping I would have already gave up.
    I didn't even if BW beginning was like rebooting,I didn't feel that the rebooting was strong enough to erase the past and actually I still think like that.

I like the idea of perfect teamwork,until the finals...where they would fight against Iris and Dento.
    They would win,but not after some little emotion of almost losing. XDDD
    So yeah,Winners <3

==========

Yeah,I shall wait and see how many time she will stay.
    Although I'm not really convinced she will stay for main cast,that poster is still in stuck in my mind.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan#493 View Post
    Well, yes, there might be some members here who are interested in Negai, but please keep fanworks of other shippings to its respective thread. I don't want the discussion to veer off track, especially since this isn't a place to discuss Negaishipping. :P
    Okay. I'll just go delete the post. Honestly, I'm wondering how Dawn's Buneary will react when it sees Ash's Pikachu and what Cilan and Iris will say about it.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 12th May 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Okay. I'll just go delete the post. Honestly, I'm wondering how Dawn's Buneary will react when it sees Ash's Pikachu and what Cilan and Iris will say about it.
    O.O
    oh!never thought of that before xD
    But yeah,I am expecting some flirtatious behavior from Bunary again ;D
    I'm wondering how Pochama will react when seeing Pikachu too.Maybe a Highfive? 8D
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Why did I sleep in from all of this!? ARG!!
    Yes, we know now
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

But anyways, I hope there's a reason why and such thing could happen again and..
        Spoiler:- i had no idea:
    "If you attack Konoha, I will have to fight you… So save up your hatred and take it all on me, I'm the only one who can take it! It's the only thing I can do! I will shoulder your hatred and die with you! Because I'm your friend!"
    ~Naruto Uzumaki

I was happy when they showed Dawn in BW2 anime poster. Knowing this,it could be a cameo but makes me wonder on the outside question,Why put Dawn on BW2 poster just for a cameo? Wonder on how Ash is going to see Dawn. Maybe a contest in Unova or maybe she went to Unova to catch new Pokemon to use and Cynthia told her and would be shocked to see Ash is there. Maybe she may help Ash defeat Team Rocket like old times. And reactions with Ash's and Dawn's Pokemon would be in play.

I only just saw it last night, and already so much activity in the thread today! Awesome!

Well, I think we all knew it was coming (why wouldn't they give her an appearance like Misty or May?), but actually seeing the poster is worth all the hype!

How much time do you think Hikari will stay? And what type of Pearlshippy interaction do you expect?
    Well, i'm hoping she'll stay for at least a few episodes, like Haruka did or hopefully a lot longer..., but who knows?
    As to the content of her visit to BW2? I've had this idea in my headcanon for a while since DP ended, about what would happen if they were to meet up again:

-Ash reunites with Dawn at the Musical(/PokeWood?), and more high-fives <3
    -By that time, Buneary is now a Lopunny (I think it would be hilarious to see Lopunny glomp Pikachu to death xD), and she has a couple of Unova pokemon (cute pokemon like Munna, Petilil or Cottonee, but that's off topic >w<)
    -She dons the cheerleader outfit for Ash again at one of his gym battles
    -At some point during her cameo/longer appearance, Iris talks to her about Ash, and (possibly) will question her bond with him <3
    -And I guess if/when she leaves (hopefully not too soon), she'll go beyond just a highfive and give him a sweet, friendshippy hug that leaves a lot open to us ^^

Name: Petunia
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Our long wait in exile is finally over!! . Wow guys, this new piece of information really rocked my world last night and i ended up waking up my parents out of shock *winks*.

The Pearlshipping spirit is what kept me supporting this great pairing for 2 years after Hikari left. To explain myself, I will bring out a quote I posted a month ago.

"Well where can I begin? xD. Satoshi and Hikari have taught us during their DP journeys that trust, companionship, romantic friendship are very important in life. The most important thing they taught me was that in the darkest moments the two of them experienced(Hikari's first round debacles at Hearthome and Solaceon contests and Satoshi's drubbing at the hands of Shinji at Lake Acuity), they were always there for each other. Thats what PearlShipping was mainly about. It wasnt based on hints. It was a pairing that was pure and based on what the both of them did for each other despite not asking. Satoshi never did ask Hikari to support him 100% or go the extra mile with that cheerleading outfit or care so much about his dreams(she said that to Maylene), but Hikari did all these. The thought of Satoshi losing a battle never crossed her mind. She always was there for him. She put on that show for Satoshi after the latter's destructive loss against SHinji and cheered him(and his pokemon) up for the better. What more could I ask for??. Satoshi didnt have to be 100% concentrated on Hikari's contests or feel destroyed and demoralized like he was after seeing Hikari's sadness after losing in the appeal round of the Solaceon contest., but he did display these emotions and was there for her. DP62, I felt pushed PearlShipping to a new level with that Satoshi witnessing Hikari cry and the famous "Ice Cream Date". They were alone together(while Takeshi was paired up with Autumn for almost the whole episode xD), and had time to bond. DP60s really made me into the diehard PearlShiping fan I am today. For me, The PearlShipping spirit exists in this thread and it is because of each every one of us that have been brought together by the most purest of pairings. We laughed, we cried, and experienced many happy times on this thread. I feel that only we can appreciate PearlSHipping for what it is. Only a true PearlShipper can have that pearlshipping spirit. Even after dp180's initial panic, we didnt give up or throw in the towel. We experienced a great conclusion in dp191 which confirmed PearlShipping as one of the greatest ships in Pokemon history. People like FaceScar, DigitalUpKeep and etc.. they were the heart and soul of the thread at one time. They kept the flag flying and inspired many of us this day to continue to support this elysian pairing. I was beginning to lose hope in Pearl at the end of 2010, but after reading their posts in this masterpiece of a thread, I just could not bring myself to abandon SatoHika. I was just driven to support this pairing and Idk if I will ever forget it in the unforeseeable future. The PearlShippers of the past have passed on the pearl spirit and it is something that exists in the hearts of true pearlshippers like us. Satoshi and Hikari have taught us to never give up and I took it to heart. As a result, I find myself even a bigger PearlShipper in 2012 than I was back in 2009 or 2010. The Pearl spirit truly is the fabric of our culture".

You see guys? We have been rewarded and it is this pairing that has brought us all together again. I must say, I am edified to see guys like hopeful sleeper rejoin the thread with rejuvenated enthusiasm .

Would it be cool if i became a new member?

Pearlshipping is cool, i do hope that Dawn does make a more permanent appearance. I also see on the poster that there is no Pignite or Snivy, so I guess that must mean that Emboar and Serperior belong to Ash during the new series. The next Series would most likely be structured like this, the first 15-20 episodes would be the eigth badge and the Unova league, Dawn will appear near the end of the league to give her support to Ash, then the next 50-55 episodes would be an action packed adventure with Dawn helping to save Unova from Team Rocket.

So i am hoping that they change things around instead of Ash getting 8 badges then losing at the regional Pokemon League, that does get a little redundant after a while, it does look like a series with potential with a few of the old characters making a return which in my opinion is about time they did that.

Page 201 of 298 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast