Page 212 of 308 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 7694

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful sleeper View Post
    I fully understand your point but coming to think of it...it would be kind of odd if there wasn't any pearlshipping moment during Dawn's stay.
    Yes I see your point.But the fact that BW2 isn't DP remains...while there their story together was the main focus(remember the intro lines "Satoshi and Hikari's story")in DP,BW2 seems to focus more on the plot of the champions,team rocket,the tournament and the league.
    I wasn't here since the very beginning but I can imagine that those of you who supported pearlshipping when DP had just only started also did not have great hopes about how Ash and Dawn's relationship would develop.
    And yes,no one would expect how that friendship grew,to the point of the two singing in a duet :3 That was the summary of their romantic partnership after all.

Guys, Dawn is going to be present in the anime again - who would've guessed it would happen, say, 3 weeks ago?
    N one probably.I remember it was almost midnight when the news came to me,I was chatting with dentogirl and she said "Loko,I think Hikari might be back."
    I was like "OMG?HOW SO?"
    It didn't take long for a wave of posts here just by some hours of news spreading.

3 weeks,3 weeks...I will be certainly watching it on raw,just to get updated quickly.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    Yes I see your point.But the fact that BW2 isn't DP remains...while there their story together was the main focus(remember the intro lines "Satoshi and Hikari's story")in DP,BW2 seems to focus more on the plot of the champions,team rocket,the tournament and the league.
    I agree, while it would be nice to see some nice moments of Ash and Dawn's friendship, ultimately this season isn't built around that. DP was where we saw that and that's where it'll remain. They will have a nice reunion, but the spotlight is no longer on Dawn.

And yes,no one would expect how that friendship grew,to the point of the two singing in a duet :3 That was the summary of their romantic partnership after all.
    Wellllll, it was a way to promote money seeing as both characters have VAs that are pretty prominent singers. But anyways yeah it was a nice song about friendship.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I agree, while it would be nice to see some nice moments of Ash and Dawn's friendship, ultimately this season isn't built around that. DP was where we saw that and that's where it'll remain. They will have a nice reunion, but the spotlight is no longer on Dawn.
    While I see your point about leaving what was in DP IN DP, it's not really your call to say whether there will definitely not be any cute moments between them. And if it's Dawn that's returning, obviously she has to have some kind of focus, so perhaps you're wrong about the spotlight too; I'm just suggesting that you be a little more sensitive in your posts, otherwise people will talk. And not as nicely as I have either. What I guess I'm trying to say is that: Leave the conclusions to the writers, lest you sound slightly prestegious or even arrogant. because we all know you're not really.

Anyways, I think Pearl is bound to have a nice reunion, perhaps with their "high-touch" instrumental playing in the background - unlikely, but definitely a nice touch if it was to happen that way.

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jesspikapal View Post
    While I see your point about leaving what was in DP IN DP, it's not really your call to say whether there will definitely not be any cute moments between them. And if it's Dawn that's returning, obviously she has to have some kind of focus, so perhaps you're wrong about the spotlight too; I'm just suggesting that you be a little more sensitive in your posts, otherwise people will talk. And not as nicely as I have either. What I guess I'm trying to say is that: Leave the conclusions to the writers, lest you sound slightly prestegious or even arrogant. because we all know you're not really.

Anyways, I think Pearl is bound to have a nice reunion, perhaps with their "high-touch" instrumental playing in the background - unlikely, but definitely a nice touch if it was to happen that way.

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~
    Please don't misunderstand, I'm not against Pearl having a lot of moments or focus. However, I'm trying to keep a viewpoint like Yuppirox, that we shouldn't be expecting another DP saga of hints here. That's all I'm saying.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Well, honestly I kinda agree with gohan about the possibility of just a minor amount of hints for Pearl in BW. Dawn most likely isn't going to be the spotlight here if she's only around for a cameo appearance. But that doesn't mean we're not going to see anything, period. After all the possibilities are endless. Nothing is set and stone.

Wellllll, it was a way to promote money seeing as both characters have VAs that are pretty prominent singers. But anyways yeah it was a nice song about friendship.
    I thought it was mostly a way to cement the idea that Dawn was a co-star in DP... I mean Megumi isn't really that much of a singer compared to Rica, to be honest. And while it was a song about friendship, the fact that it was created and focused so much on their bond really says a lot. I never really saw High Touch as anything specifically romantic but it really was a highlight in Ash and Dawn's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5
    They will have a nice reunion, but the spotlight is no longer on Dawn.
    I said it wouldn't be like DP,while it could be little less or much less.I don't know for sure,nor do you or anyone...the only spotlight for BW,until now,is Satoshi.

To be honest,I sense some irony in your sentence.If that's so,I'll kindly ask you to stop.Because,even less than this,already caused me to receive some complains from members here.So yeah,we don't need attrictions and you probably know that "High Touch" is one of our prides.

EDIT:I'm done with speeches...we should stop.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

now knowing that the 2nd episode of the new season of Best Wishes has a Piplup in it, i am sure we'll see Dawn in that episode as well, can't wait to see it
    Dawn, why don't you give Ash a big fangirl hug and kiss to your favorite Pokemon trainer ever when you see him again?
    since we all know deep down, you really want to
    Pearlshipper!!!!!!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    To be honest,I sense some irony in your sentence.If that's so,I'll kindly ask you to stop.Because,even less than this,already caused me to receive some complains from members here.So yeah,we don't need attrictions and you probably know that "High Touch" is one of our prides.
    Hey it's okay loko, really. High Touch is a song mainly about friendship, he is right. BUT it's not going to seem that way to everyone. It's best to look at it in a different perspective every once and a while. Besides, even if it is about friendship, it's still very shippy considering the context behind it with such lines as "You're smile is always there/with me" which indicates a friendship that goes in much deeper than what we see on the surface. So there is no need to feel so defensive about High Touch since the meaning behind it varies with each person. After all we are a respectful bunch, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensesfail View Post
    now knowing that the 2nd episode of the new season of Best Wishes has a Piplup in it, i am sure we'll see Dawn in that episode as well, can't wait to see it
    Dawn, why don't you give Ash a big fangirl hug and kiss to your favorite Pokemon trainer ever when you see him again?
    A hug would be adorable, and a kiss would be overkill. XD And yeah, I can't wait to see them either~ Seeing Ash and Dawn together will certainly bring back memories of the times they've spent together in DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppirox View Post
    Hey it's okay loko, really. High Touch is a song mainly about friendship, he is right. BUT it's not going to seem that way to everyone. It's best to look at it in a different perspective every once and a while. Besides, even if it is about friendship, it's still very shippy considering the context behind it with such lines as "You're smile is always there/with me" which indicates a friendship that goes in much deeper than what we see on the surface. So there is no need to feel so defensive about High Touch since the meaning behind it varies with each person. After all we are a respectful bunch, amirite?
    Yes boss,as always I think I got a bit hyped up and I sincerely apologize for anyone who got offended by that.The thread really got some rough discussions lately,all this euphorism with Hikari's return and all...everyone needs to calm down at least for now.

A hug would be adorable, and a kiss would be overkill. XD And yeah, I can't wait to see them either~ Seeing Ash and Dawn together will certainly bring back memories of the times they've spent together in DP.
    Agreed,though even a hug...is a symbol of love.At least In japanese culture,it is worthy much more than missing someone.A high five would be the most suitable symbol for them,I wonder who will raise the hand first....or will it be the two
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Quote Originally Posted by Sensesfail View Post
    Haha, I kind of thought one of them would hug the other due to excitement of seeing the other again after such a long time. I listened to High Touch recently and realized how strong it is as a hint. A nice hint, imo. A reference to the lyrics would be a great easter egg that the writers could add.
    Speaking of Piplup, do any of you think of the Piplup/Pikachu buddy relationship means anything for Dawn/Ash? I hope those two get some interactions in Dawn's first cameo. I mean, they hugged on their last episode together for crying out loud. xD Pip and Pika would really miss eachother as well. : 3
    Piplup's popularity really helped Dawn haha.

It seems rather obvious that Ash will remain the only star for the rest of BW but, as I've said, this doesn't necessarily have to hamper pearlshipping's chances. Plus, I don't think the writers will keep Dawn on the sidelines all the time - no matter how long she stays.

Naturally, in DP it was easier to incorporate pearlshipping into the anime since Ash and Dawn were portrayed as a duo. However, as I'm sure you perfectly remember, there were a number of moments in DP when Satoshi was given the main focus, and yet, SatoHika didn't suffer from it at all - quite the contrary.

The same may also happen now, with the help of Pikachu and Piplup as well.
    Last edited by hopeful sleeper; 27th May 2012 at 7:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf
    Speaking of Piplup, do any of you think of the Piplup/Pikachu buddy relationship means anything for Dawn/Ash? I hope those two get some interactions in Dawn's first cameo. I mean, they hugged on their last episode together for crying out loud. xD Pip and Pika would really miss eachother as well. : 3
    Piplup x Pikachu was a very important parallel with their trainers.For being their signature Pokémon,they represent their trainers well and you can see that in their pride.The moment when this parallelism becomes evident is DP191.It is just symbolic the way the episode progresses as their trainers took longer to feel the departure.Pikachu and Piplup copied the highfive in the end and then hugged,maybe they are once step ahead of their trainers in displaying their feelings.
    No,I'm not saying Pikachu and Piplup are a couple,but rather saying that their friendship was one of the deepest when it comes to Pokémons and that could mean as well the feeling between the trainers.And the way they developed it,united with Satoshi and Hikari's bond,made this theory much more solid than it was from others,even Pikachu x Buneary(which more for,doesn't affect Pearlshipping internally,but affect it externally).Why?Because I think one of the only good parts of this relationship between the two Pokémon is that Satoshi and Hikari always put their Pokémon's will as priority.Then I could see they travelling together,because Pikachu and Buneary are together too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful sleeper
    Naturally, in DP it was easier to incorporate pearlshipping into the anime since Ash and Dawn were portrayed as a duo. However, as I'm sure you perfectly remember, there were a number of moments in DP when Satoshi was given the main focus, and yet, SatoHika didn't suffer from it all - quite the contrary.
    The League episodes for example.We can't deny that Satoshi was the main focus,and his rivalry with Shinji,of course.But Hikari was there,and they kept changing the scene to show how she was reacting to the different thrills of the battles.She was the most confident there,Takeshi negativeness couldn't get through her because she believed in Satoshi too much to even bother Takeshi.Although,League episodes seems,to me,a consequence of events due to what happened in DP180.Jasmine's speech during that event was probably one of the most important things Hikari heard when choosing her path.It was like "follow your heart",even if unnintentionally,she followed Satoshi and that means something
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

You know what would be great? If Ash cheered Dawn on in her battle against Dento.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    You know what would be great? If Ash cheered Dawn on in her battle against Dento.
    Yes, yes that would be great! You know what would be even better though? If they had him use this outfit:

XD Kidding, kidding... Though I wish he had used that outfit during DP at some point. Imagine if he had used it during one of Dawn's contest? That would have been cute <3

When I saw that I was hopping that was an actual scene too, maybe hey'll at least cheer for her in this battle, that'd be too cute. Him training Dawn again is another thing I'm really hopping for ^

I'm going to have a countdown clock in my signature till season 2 airs LOL Thats how excited I am for this.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 28th May 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Should be an interesting season of Pokemon. great they are changing things up a bit.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Hmm, sorry I haven't been on here for a while; I've been preoccupied with other things... ^^;

But I has a topic~ :3

How do you think Dawn would react to the Pokemon that are native to Unova?

Well, I personally think that Dawn would be curious, above all else. And her curiosity could drive her to ask questions. And who better to ask those questions to than her favourite Pokemon Trainer?? Hmm? C'mon, it makes perfect sense!! xP But on a serious note, I can picture Dawn as sensitive around the new creatures - like, not quite sure if she wants to let the others who know the Pokemon do what they know how to, or if she wants to get to know them herself. I CAN, despite saying she may be slightly nervous about it, imagine her bombarding Ash with a tonnes worth of questions about them, peppy and bright as always whilst he's standing there with a kind of: ^^; look on his face. All in friendship might I add, not in annoyance. It would also give Dento and Iris screen-time... *shot*

As for the High Touch song, I can honestly see the expression and feel the emotion; it's a powerful song, and definitely one I never thought I'd come across in Pokemon as the nature of the show seems too light and comical - not to mention kid friendly... ¬.¬ - for such raw emotion to be there. However, I'm more than joyous to have found it there and continue to follow the lyrics loyally, even to this day. This, for me, was one of the most cemented Pearlshipping hintsever. Keep in mind I said it was MY opinion, meaning I know not everyone will feel this way.~

I'll have to go now though - and think of more topics for you guys~ because I have an essay to eb doing but I'm on the forums instead... xDDD

Happy Pearlshipping!~

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Jess has a topic,yay! :3

Well,I do wonder,by the time she cameo,if she will have already settled there for a while or will have just arrived.For the later,it will make sense that Hikari would be amazed at Satoshi's catch rate C'mon,it's something different that he had been doing since and the Tournament would be a good opportunity for Satoshi to impress Hikari.She have already fangirled for him xDDD
    But then,I think she will be fangirling over Dento and Iris Pokémon as well The intensity is what matter though and I think,since they already know each other for a long time,Hikari will be paying attention closely to Satoshi again XD

As for the High Touch song, I can honestly see the expression and feel the emotion; it's a powerful song, and definitely one I never thought I'd come across in Pokemon as the nature of the show seems too light and comical - not to mention kid friendly... ¬.¬ - for such raw emotion to be there. However, I'm more than joyous to have found it there and continue to follow the lyrics loyally, even to this day. This, for me, was one of the most cemented Pearlshipping hintsever. Keep in mind I said it was MY opinion, meaning I know not everyone will feel this way.~
    Jess,you said what was in my mind,though with better word usage xD
    I don't think they can go any farther either when it comes to shippy songs in Pokémon.
    As for the bold,I agree...but I also recognize DP as more emotional due to the deep rivalry and Hikari getting her spotlight with Satoshi.

I don't know how BW will handle their bond in a different series then DP,I think they will adapt it just fine....like they could adapt from DP to BW(series adaptation)from extremes without losing its track.

I'll have to go now though - and think of more topics for you guys~ because I have an essay to eb doing but I'm on the forums instead... xDDD
    Naughty you are....Though I can't say anything because I should be busy as well,doing a project for Uni
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Yes, yes that would be great! You know what would be even better though? If they had him use this outfit:

XD Kidding, kidding... Though I wish he had used that outfit during DP at some point. Imagine if he had used it during one of Dawn's contest? That would have been cute <3
    oh heavens no, thats just as bad as the outfit Ash wore when he was practically naked during that Pokemon fashion show that Dawn ended up winning in that beautiful blue dress she wore with her hair down as well
    Pearlshipper!!!!!!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If Ash seriously wore that outfit, I'd stop watching Pokémon altogether and lose all interest in anime-related stuff whatsoever. That outfit... That outfit is horrible. *shudders* I have my reasons...

Shot answer incoming... I think she's be very curious indeed about the Pokémon, for obvious reasons. But... If that would be related with PearlShipping, I don't know. Wait, why are we talking about Dawn, anyway? People, this is a PearlShipping Discission Thread, not a Dawn and BW2 Discussion Thread. =|

So, uh, introducing a new topic: Do you think the group's Pokémon (as in, Iris's and Cilan's) will be for or against PearlShipping?

About the outfit,I think Satoshi would be awesome in Hikari's cheerleadering dress. *shot* jk

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress
    Shot answer incoming... I think she's be very curious indeed about the Pokémon, for obvious reasons. But... If that would be related with PearlShipping, I don't know. Wait, why are we talking about Dawn, anyway? People, this is a PearlShipping Discission Thread, not a Dawn and BW2 Discussion Thread. =|
    At first,I was about to address the same thing,but in her reply she could put Pearlshipping into the discussion and it turned out good
    I replied to the topic as well and I don't think it got off-topic.
    Besides,everyone got their one liners and off-topicness to appear already Even me a little
    The moment is doing that.Hopefully,we will get something we all waited for...

Do you think the group's Pokémon (as in, Iris's and Cilan's) will be for or against PearlShipping?

As for now,I don't have much of an opinion regarding Iris's and Dento's Pokémon x Pearlshippng.
    From the trailer,all I could see is interactions between Satoshi's and Hikari's.
    Although,Oshawott doesn't seem very confortable with Hikari's Pokémon behavior.I bet he will be an annoyance xDDD
    He seems rather angry with Pikachu(because of Buneary's crush),Piplup(Rivalry?) and probably Pachirisu(Shell kicking/troll xD)

Conclusion: Oshawott is a good candidate of anti-Pearl Pokémon.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Do you think the group's Pokemon (as in,Iris's and Cilan's) will be for or against Pearlshipping?
    I think that Anew would be for Pearlshipping since he is the sweet and friendly type of Pokemon. So I see him getting along with Piplup or Pachrisu the most. To see why Pikachu and Piplup are such good friends. As for Dento's Pokemon I say that Pansage would be for Pearlshipping too in a less manner. I don't think that Oshawott would be against Pearl but hoping that Piplup might stick around so they would continue their Riviary against each other. He could see Piplup as a friend but in a rival point of view.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Oh, I'm sorry if I caused any feelings of off topicness Flame Mistress. I didn't mean any harm... ^^;

Do you think the group's Pokémon (as in, Iris' and Cilan's) will be for or against PearlShipping?

Hmm... I think Emolga, the trickery of Iris' team - or seemingly so - would be all fun and games when seeing that Dawn and Ash are fond of each other, most likely attempting to push them closer through cliche meassures, like tripping one up so they fell into the other's arms or whatever sloppy "romance" things you can think of. Emolga will also most likely be the one to catch on first to any attraction - if there is some, which we believe there is. I think Iris' main Pokemon, Axew, is too little to notice, though he may catch on to Emloga's teasing and join in, just because she'd be doing it - the two seem to have a cute bond between them.

Either that, or Pansage. He, like his owner, seems intelligent. Though, if he was to find out, he'd be more gentle about it, using gentle approaches much like his trainer. Maybe using the love for food to his advantage in order to get Ash and Dawn eating together in some cute scene, though them two not realising it was a date-like occurence. I can also picture him being a little mischievous and telling the other Pokemon to hint at it to their trainers - or even Ash and Dawn themselves! - to keep him looking mature like his trainer; comical enough for Pokemon anyways~ x3

Hmm... I'll think of some topics for you, if you'd like, though my brain's dead right now.

Naughty you are....Though I can't say anything because I should be busy as well,doing a project for Uni
    I'M the naughty one?? At least I've FINISHED my essay now; you're the one who's got tonnes upon tonnes of studying to do. Have fun, Tiny Troll~ xP

Happy Pearlshipping!~

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~

Well, if for some reason Dawn finds herself unfamiliar with 5th gen Pokemon and with the Unova region in general, I totally see Ash explaining things to her. Keep in mind though that Dawn will have to become acquainted with Iris and Dento, so some parts of BW2's first episodes will likely be devoted to that (we already have some instances of it).

However, seeing that Ash is the one that Dawn knows the best and likes the most, I think we can expect a lot of interaction between Satoshi and Hikari. It would be only natural if they were spending much time together, not having seen each other for such a long time.

As it has been mentioned, a heart to hart about their past and recent journeys would be fantastic.

One thing is for sure: They will be separated in some part of one episode,when Iris and Hikari are being chased by an Onix.I think that would be a good opportunity for them to get along and maybe Iris start pushing something between the two.She teases everyone,even Dento and Satoshi to this date...so even if they eventually became good friends,Iris could be teasing Hikari and Satoshi being together kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JetshipperKekkaishi
    I don't think that Oshawott would be against Pearl but hoping that Piplup might stick around so they would continue their Riviary against each other. He could see Piplup as a friend but in a rival point of view.
    Well,that could work too...honestly,thinking a bit more...this formula of deadly rival to friendly rivals is very cliché on Pokémon,isn't it?It might just be repeated.Point for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jesspikapal
    I'M the naughty one?? At least I've FINISHED my essay now; you're the one who's got tonnes upon tonnes of studying to do. Have fun, Tiny Troll~ xP
    Guess what,I finished and now I'm posting again *trollface* *end of our discussion since this is no place for that*
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Page 212 of 308 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast