Page 217 of 307 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 7655

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    even a small battle between then wouldn't be so bad. it could be used as a way to show how much they have improved since the last time they saw one another and learn new moves they never knew the other had to improve their team work.

Remember Ash and Dawn learn off one another by seeing each other battle, that's what made them such a potent team in DP, they learnt off eachother and adapted them into their own style of battling, they worked off eachothers weaknesses, that's what makes the team of Ash and Dawn very powerful. So what I am saying is they will battle to learn about each others new moves and apply them in later battles when it is required.
    Yes,I see your point.Although this doesn't mean they have to battle directly to learn from each other.They could just watch and cheer for the other or tag battle together.They didn't need to battle during DP to improve and develop such a good partnership,not only in the tag battles but also when one was battling alone and used moves that the other created
    That's the reason.I don't know why BW2 should be any different.
    Also it is much farther than just learning from each other...it is part of the shipping major characteristic,the core of it relies on partnership...so I prefer the two to stay co-oping
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Well, let's make this ongoing discussion a real one, shall we?

Which of the following do you think will be more influential on PearlShippinh? A Tag Battle where Ash and Dawn are a pair, or a regular battle where Ash and Dawn are against each other?

Really, I think that a tag battle would be better, since it shows their good teamwork, and that they're a pair in which they care about each other and are always supporting each other. I see them as a supporting couple, not a learning couple (if you get what I mean).

I personally feel that Ash will be impressed with Dawn's battle against Cilan; even from just watching the preview, she's improved on her signature moves (like the spin attack) and so I think that Ash would perhaps compliment her about her developed battle stratergy.

Because Ash's basis is battling, they'd be on common ground - both being good at battling, though for different reasons Battles/Contests - and I think this would help them to click back together. Because, even though we're all Pearlshipper's here, you can't really expect them to be as perfectly clicked as when they travelled together. Because time has separated them, even if only a little. So it'll take a little time to get back on that level they were on before they parted ways. However, that being said, I think it'll be filled with lovely hints for us all, spurred mostly by curiosity, as that time they spent apart has been spent defining themselves as individuals. So I think they'll be fairly curious to hear about each other's endeavours and that will push them closer all over again, possibly even closer than before. :3

I don't know why BW2 should be any different.
    BW2 will probably be different, because it's an entirely new dynamic between group. Remember, Dawn will have to level herself out with the whole new group before she and Ash can even begin to develop as a partnership, because the writer's are more interested in the teamwork of the group, not romance. Though, that being said, she looks as if she'll fit in with Cilan and Iris fairly quickly, based on both preview and what the actual anime has done with such meetings before. If I remember correctly, which I think I do, May was accepted quickly by Dawn and the group, so I feel it shouldn't be any different for Dawn returning. So hopefully it won't be too long before Ash and Dawn are getting nice, preferabley solid hints. :)

Which of the following do you think will be more influential on PearlShipping? A Tag Battle where Ash and Dawn are a pair, or a regular battle where Ash and Dawn are against each other?

Hmm... I think both have their pros and cons. A Tag Battle will be good for their teamwork, and their development as a pair. It will also strengthen bond and help them to get back on track with that strong friendship they had before (no, I don't think they're not still close, I just feel time's separation plays a big part in how good a relationship works, no matter what pairing it is for) and it will also help them to get an idea of what and how they're been training like during their separation.

But a battle against each other would help, not only to see what they've learnt as individuals, but help them to learn more themselves. Because they've both picked up on new tactics by the looks of things. So I think they could both understand each other a little more when they understand the tactics they would use against each other, and we all know that understanding is a key part to a healthy partnership. Plus, new tactics could initiate interest too! :)

I kinda ranted on and on then... didn't I?? Sorry... ^^;

Oh, and I think the huge Pearlshipping picture is a great idea, Foxeaf. I'll try and come up with some ideas for it, if you're still in need of soem suggestions. If you like of course. If not, good luck to you and your Pearlshipping art. On the topic of Art, I may be posting some Pearl into DA soon, so if I do, I'll post the link here.

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~
    Last edited by ~Demon Maxwell~; 8th June 2012 at 3:33 PM.
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jesspikapal
    I personally feel that Ash will be impressed with Dawn's battle against Cilan; even from just watching the preview, she's improved on her signature moves (like the spin attack) and so I think that Ash would perhaps compliment her about her developed battle stratergy.
    Satoshi and Hikari are easily impressed,they are always "Sugoi!Sugoi" xDDDD
    Probably he will comment on something,which is still unknown by Iris and Dento about Hikari strategy.I hope she uses many DP moves.

BW2 will probably be different, because it's an entirely new dynamic between group. Remember, Dawn will have to level herself out with the whole new group before she and Ash can even begin to develop as a partnership, because the writer's are more interested in the teamwork of the group, not romance. Though, that being said, she looks as if she'll fit in with Cilan and Iris fairly quickly, based on both preview and what the actual anime has done with such meetings before. If I remember correctly, which I think I do, May was accepted quickly by Dawn and the group, so I feel it shouldn't be any different for Dawn returning. So hopefully it won't be too long before Ash and Dawn are getting nice, preferabley solid hints.
    You are generalizing something which isn't for general discussion.I'm talking about BW2 being similar to DP when it comes from their tag battles x direct battles.It is still much better to them to tag battle then to them to battle each other.I can confirm that.I don't think past girls battling Satoshi helped them in anyway...Satoshi and Hikari won't be any different,plus they work together much better than they argue ;P SatoHika is much more focused on support than on learning,arguments and all.So that's a good reason why it won't be any different since it a much farther reality.

Which of the following do you think will be more influential on PearlShipping? A Tag Battle where Ash and Dawn are a pair, or a regular battle where Ash and Dawn are against each other?

Tag Battle.As I already said,it comes from the core characteristics of the pairing.They support each other and they share an awesome partnership,battle-wise or not.
    I agree with FlameMistress,it is a supportive pairing more than a teaching pairing.The "teaching" I meant earlier was not about real teaching and obligations,it was about supporting the other by creating new moves,giving ideas and making an effort for the other.That's why I don't classify Pearl as similar to Advanced(in the beginning I mean).Satoshi was lile a Teacher to Haruka and all,I don't think Satoshi was to Hikari.He was her supporter,the one to feel her sadness,and the one indirectly motivating her by his training and his confident.He gave her confidence and she got over many difficult situations with it.
    It's quite different of other type of relationship like Shinji x Satoshi.The rivalry between the two,the amount of differences...that's why both got stronger watching each others progress.That's different from Pearl,in that case they needed to confront each other to test each other strenght.Satoshi and Hikari need that?I don't think so.They share so many similarities that they don't need to use a direct battle as a method of teaching,progression or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jesspikapal
    Hmm... I think both have their pros and cons. A Tag Battle will be good for their teamwork, and their development as a pair. It will also strengthen bond and help them to get back on track with that strong friendship they had before (no, I don't think they're not still close, I just feel time's separation plays a big part in how good a relationship works, no matter what pairing it is for) and it will also help them to get an idea of what and how they're been training like during their separation.
    No,separation part doesn't play a big role on the pairing itself.It didn't play a big part on SatoHaru(No.I don't support,though I saw that they were like AG on DP,nothing really changed...I have to admit that),why would it play a big part on SatoHika?What played a big part on all girls cameo is the fact that he girl is cameoing,she isn't main cast,nor the main focus.Hikari was a co-star during DP and that helped Pearlshipping a lot.She won't be on BW2,that's what plays the big part.Not the separation itself.Writers plot,marketing *cough* *shot*
    But a battle against each other would help, not only to see what they've learnt as individuals, but help them to learn more themselves. Because they've both picked up on new tactics by the looks of things. So I think they could both understand each other a little more when they understand the tactics they would use against each other, and we all know that understanding is a key part to a healthy partnership. Plus, new tactics could initiate interest too!
    And that's why I see no point in them battling being a priority or something needed.Because every reason above can be achieved in tag battles,in supporting each other or simply watching a battle.Didn't you say that Satoshi would be impressed by Hikari improving?Well that already cut out the see the other's progress individually.New tatics can come individually,but also can come from the tag battles and by simply interacting together.They don't need to battle each other in any sense...but tag battle is something which most Pearlshippers were expecting.

That should be a good reason enough why Tag Battles are much more needed for real improvement than direct battles.At least,for SatoHika.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

In one of the summarys for the first episode some one translated it and said Dawn was waiting for Ash, think thats cute ^
    Did she know Ash was coming? I mean, how did she know?
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 8th June 2012 at 6:55 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    In one of the summarys for the first episode some one translated it and said Dawn was waiting for Ash, think thats cute ^
    One of my guesses was that she already planned a meeting with him on a Pokémon Centre.So he was going there for the meeting,but since she was already there,she planned to play with him and surprise him like that.That's one possibility.
    If this translation is accurate,well...we can eliminate the possibility that she went to Isshu just for a surprise.
    She could have already talked to Cynthia.And Satoshi could have heard that Hikari was there by Cynthia too.
    Sounds plausible
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    One of my guesses was that she already planned a meeting with him on a Pokémon Centre.So he was going there for the meeting,but since she was already there,she planned to play with him and surprise him like that.That's one possibility.
    If this translation is accurate,well...we can eliminate the possibility that she went to Isshu just for a surprise.
    She could have already talked to Cynthia.And Satoshi could have heard that Hikari was there by Cynthia too.
    Sounds plausible
    Did they have a time to meet up or some thing? Little odd that he seemed sort of shocked that she was there, or maybe she was early than what they said. I like the idea of Cynthia giving Dawn a call to tell her that Ash was coming to where she was and her being really excited about it ^

I really look forward to the teasing scene, its cute.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Did they have a time to meet up or some thing? Little odd that he seemed sort of shocked that she was there, or maybe she was early than what they said. I like the idea of Cynthia giving Dawn a call to tell her that Ash was coming to where she was and her being really excited about it ^

I really look forward to the teasing scene, its cute.
    As I said before...I don't know why...but Pokémon Anime loves to make people go "OMG OMG OMG" about anything,and Satoshi is one that LOVES to do that XDDD His brain probably just got overheated by the fact she is there,very lively
    Ah,that could be a good theory...I mean the Cynthia one.She could be in contact with Cynthia and all.I think both Satoshi and Hikari will have contacted Cynthia before they eventually meet...I guess Satoshi heard of Hikari before their meeting....but then...let's wait and see ;D

Also,for the ones who are unfamiliar with japanese names,Satoshi is Ash and Hikari is Dawn jk jk *shot*
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Hope Ash will get it out of his EGGHEAD that Dawn is trying to imply something...

C'mon Ashy!!! Make your move!!! She's a keeper!!! What better than a best BFF!!!!

Aww! That's sweet! She probably knew its not like Ash to turn down an opertunity to battle!

Definitely tag battle! It shows how well they battle together, how similar their styles are and how they gat along and I don't really think that there's anything too romantic about a pokemon battle but that's just my opinion and I don't want to offend people who think differently.

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Given that Hikari will be participating in the World Tournament (or whatever it is called), it cannot be ruled out that Ash and Dawn will be matched up against each other at some point. My reception to this idea is still lukewarm but I have to admit that there could be some good sides to such a development. It would be, for instance, interesting to see how Ash and Dawn would react upon finding out that they are to battle each other and how they would interact after the duel is over. So what I'm basically trying to put across is that possible battle between Ash and Dawn would, in my opinion, by no means influence pearlshipping adversely. But then again, Hikari has not had an official one on one battle with Satoshi and I'd like this state of things to be preserved since it's something that distinguishes Dawn from other female companions. As it's been rightly noted - friendship between Ash and Dawn is supportive, not competitive.

I haven't been here for so long!! I'm such a bad member but I honestly didn't think Dawn would ever come back haha

I made this banner after the final DP episode aired which is near 2 years ago now and I dont think it ever made it onto the front page banners but I'll bring this too you again with my sincerest apologies for giving up on pearlshipping xD

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4167/pscopy.jpg
    Team Rocket: Built On Lies

Set after the events of Operation Tempest, Giovanni's next scheme plans to send the whole world into ruin. But how will Team Rocket cope when they realize that Operation Tempest changed Giovanni forever...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Built-On-Lies

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1891 - 1654 - 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Sylva View Post
    I haven't been here for so long!! I'm such a bad member but I honestly didn't think Dawn would ever come back haha

I made this banner after the final DP episode aired which is near 2 years ago now and I dont think it ever made it onto the front page banners but I'll bring this too you again with my sincerest apologies for giving up on pearlshipping xD

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4167/pscopy.jpg
    Nice one,never would thought of that xDDDD(the pun)

@hopeful sleeper:Same here,I prefer it to be preserved.Although I don't think it is confirmed that she will enter the tournament....we don't even know the qualification rules.Maybe it is a more advanced tournament so that Hikari could not enter.
    Anyway,like "Dawn and Piplup" said battles aren't supposed to be anything romantic,neither pokémon anime itself.I just want a tag battle to watch their awesome partnership again,and maybe prove that it hasn't been forgotten.Other than that,I just want good moments....mainly not battle focused.(Rather unlikely,considering that BW2 plot is about a tournament and Team Rocket plot)
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

I would really want to see them doing a tag battle. In this case, they can improve their team work as pairs partners. Although, I also like to see them battle thoughXD

Nice. I love how you made that one!
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    Tag battles with Ash and Dawn always show how close they are with each other. Especially for Ash, having battles is one of the most important things to him, so sharing it with Dawn is a way of saying how much he values Dawn. For the Dragonite battle we will probably hear Cilan saying that nobody else can be in sync with Ash the same way Dawn is.

We found out that Dawn knows that Ash is Unova and that she was waiting for him. I think after Dawn was done with the GF in Hoenn she met with Cynthia, who told her about the Junior Cup taking place in Unova and that Ash is there too. She probably bounced at the idea of seeing Ash again and wanted to go there mainly to meet Ash again.

Some new images of Dawn going behind Ash and trying to tease him, and meeting his pokemon.
    http://www.pokemon.jp/#/contents/anime/ca_01/2.html

Then the next part which shows Dawn saying something like "hey Ash, its being a while!" and a wink.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX2bsNiYShM

hi
    firstly i'd like to ask how to become a member (and get on that massive members list)
    but secondly i'd just like to say that ash and dawn would have worked as a romantic couple in DP. the first few episodes they argued a bit, but afterwards they were loyal and happy ^___^
    also some of the lines they said were really funny
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    hi
    firstly i'd like to ask how to become a member (and get on that massive members list)
    but secondly i'd just like to say that ash and dawn would have worked as a romantic couple in DP. the first few episodes they argued a bit, but afterwards they were loyal and happy ^___^
    That's easy line up and fill this very outrageous big form which would grant undying loyalty *evil laugh* xD haha j/k xP Welcome to the thread !! once Pat-chan returns she will update the list and you will be included (:.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass
    Tag battles with Ash and Dawn always show how close they are with each other.
    I fully agree with this. Every time Satoshi /( Ash ) and Hikari /( Dawn ) have a Tag battle it always show how close they are , I remember their first one that they ended up arguing but with their newly found team work it ended strengthening their bond. If this is of any indication I hope for the duration of her in season 2 that they have more tag battles who knows maybe something can progress over there xP. So I think a tag battle will be more influential because it can open a lot of possibilities that can lead up to events that will strengthen their already strong bond.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    hi
    To become a member you simply need to do everything WGCV23 said. (:<
    Nah,joking.Feel welcomed and just look at the list
    Now,we put numbers on the list,easy to count amount of members now.

@Wil: Who is this Satoshi and Hikari you are talking about?I'm too dumb to even know :S
    lol jk.

@DiamondClass: Thanks for the info
    Hikari is been quite playful this time around,isn't she? *trollface* I don't know,maybe she is just happy to meet Satoshi again Also,what's up with all the winking and stuff.I don't what to think,maybe they are too natural with each other already xDDDDD
    This time,writers aren't ignoring us :3
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Hmmm, it seems Oshawott and Piplup will be battling together - or at least alongside each other. That could be very interesting since they seem to dislike each other Well, it's very obvious, but I don't like to jump to conclusions, only to get disappointed... xD and clash alot. Plus, it will be nice to see a serious side to both of them (Pip and Osha) as the determination shown when battling could really reflect their trainers alot.

Also some of the lines they said were really funny.
    I agree. And humour always helps to push a relationship along, so they were pretty much set to go. It's nice to know that the pair are aware that, if one insults the other, it's nearly always a joke, so I think that's another example of trust between them. ^-^

This time,writers aren't ignoring us :3
    Ah, we can only hope, Loko... x3

Chili Chicco Sanyo Girl,
    AKA:
    ~Jesspikapal~
    I used to care but now I'm pretty much just bored and heavily attracted to Jeff Clement.

Tumblr!: http://rubyhaireddemon.tumblr.com/

I saw the preview when Ash and Dawn battle together. Wow I never thought that Oshawott and Piplup to get along together. I notice that Ash's and Dawn's Pokemon get along well,maybe they are working out their differences in this one battle. It is nice to see Ash and Dawn battle together again even after DP. :3 The writers sure know how to tease Pearlshipping since Pearlshipping has a major fandom in Japan and they somehow know.

Banner made by Skiyomi

Quote Originally Posted by JetshipperKekkaishi View Post
    I saw the preview when Ash and Dawn battle together. Wow I never thought that Oshawott and Piplup to get along together. I notice that Ash's and Dawn's Pokemon get along well,maybe they are working out their differences in this one battle. It is nice to see Ash and Dawn battle together again even after DP. :3 The writers sure know how to tease Pearlshipping since Pearlshipping has a major fandom in Japan and they somehow know.
    I think High Touch and the Domino's commerical made it pretty evident that the writers are aware of Pearlshipping. Lol

I think it's amazing how Pearlshipping is by the most powerful out of all the ships in the Pokemon fandom. When Dawn was first introduced back in 2006. (Wow, it's been 6 years! I remember when I first heard of DP how excited I was.) I had a feeling that she and Ash were going to make a decent team, but this has by far exceeded my expectations. No ship has as many hints and evidence as Pearlshipping does.

Oh and I've been lurking this site and pearlshipping threads since 2008 but I finally made an account a few weeks ago. Hello everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by JetshipperKekkaishi View Post
    I wish I could see this preview, sounds cute. I wonder when they battle? I think its training, they often did that with each other back in D/P series and I hope it ends with a high five ^

How long do you guys believe Dawn will stay?

Until the end of the tournament, at least. Anyway, i'm just glad to see Ash and Dawn's dynamic returning, these two made DP sweeter to me than any other saga! I'm waiting for good pearshippiness on BW2 and... maybe, Ash and dawn fight against each other? Oh, too much emotions!
    Last edited by DuquĘ?; 13th June 2012 at 9:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Welcome, PrinceGray~ Enjoy your, um, posting on this forum. xDD

I see that no one replied to my request. Well, it was more of an offer. x3
    *cough*Does anyone have any requests on Pearlshipping? I want to give some fanart but I have no good ideas. *cough*
    What if Ash mentions Dawn before her appearance? That would be sweet. 'w'
    I'm not sure if you guys have already discussed this, but what Pokemon would the two be? Pikachu for Ash, obviously. xD I always thought of Buneary for Dawn. Haha~ Well, whenever I pictured characters as Pokemon anyway.

Page 217 of 307 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267 ... LastLast