Page 221 of 304 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 7579

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Your fan-art is really great, Foxeaf. Though I'd like it even more if Ash was wearing his BW clothes. We should move with the times, eh?

As for that scene where Ash is leaning towards Dawn with sparkling eyes, I think I'm not the only one who doesn't suspect it to be particularly "romantic". It is speculated that such a reaction from Satoshi might be stirred by Hikari mentioning something related to Pokemon battles, such as a new technique. I find this scenario quite likely and hey, that actually would be awesome. No matter what the context is, that scene definitely has a potential to be a great pearlshipping moment, no doubt about it.

BW2 is drawing near. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Pika-Red View Post
    I just want to see them together again. It'll be so much fun <3

I always loved dawn and ash together, almost as much as I love Dawn. (Ash can take my place in loving her, he's just that good. /killed xD)

My question still is (like others), what he's all shiny-eyed about :O

I'm gonna stick with the rare onix as the real thing, but I can dream can't I? X3

btw, I'm sorta new to the formes here. Never really joined a shipping form. .-... So hello xD
    Welcome to the thread,Pika-Pika-Red!And to the forums it seems xD

Your question is answered below \/

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Lmao when i saw ash going crazy over dawn i was liek :O i wonder what it could be :P
    It seems there is an rare Onix there,it might be just that.Satoshi get excited easily by Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    Attachment 4844
    First little image for you guys. I'm still working on a few more, perhaps 3 more. Thanks for answering everyone!
    This one was more of a warm up because it's so simple. xP Also hence the poor quality image. If you guys like them, I'll post a better version.

Also only a few more days until her cameo. o3o You guys seem really excited~
    Hello Pika-Pika-Red! I really like your sig picture.

Awww man, Endless, why must you be a really good drawer. >w<;; http://endless-summer181.deviantart....dump-308925987

Aww,thanks for sharing it.Cute :3
    I'll be waiting for more to come x)

As always...endless summer amazing me ;w;

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    I want Cilan's opinion of the "flavor" Dawn and Ash make when they're together :3
    Talking about flavor,I haz a question.

What fruit,with its flavor,would represent the pairing the most?
    Yep,fruit.If it was food,it would be pizza xDDDDDDD

Warning:Let's try to make it more than one line,please

2 days for BW2 guys...
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2n0j700.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Pat!

"The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane.

You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    " - Brain Damage,Pink Floyd.

Yes Pizza Loko, i guess Dominoes would be the supplier right.

hmmmmmm that would be tough to pinpoint what exact fruit would represent Pearlshipping, i can't be certain on that one, of course the fruit would have to be sweet, since Pearlshipping is really sweet, i would say strawberry since it is the only one i can think of at this stage.
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Attachment 4844
    First little image for you guys. I'm still working on a few more, perhaps 3 more. Thanks for answering everyone!
    This one was more of a warm up because it's so simple. xP Also hence the poor quality image. If you guys like them, I'll post a better version.

Also only a few more days until her cameo. o3o You guys seem really excited~
    Hello Pika-Pika-Red! I really like your sig picture.

Awww man, Endless, why must you be a really good drawer. >w<;; http://endless-summer181.deviantart....dump-308925987
    lol yeah, its an epic pic. XD

endless is so awesome though ;_;...I'm so happy she's a pearlshipper XD.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoduro View Post
    Welcome to the thread,Pika-Pika-Red!And to the forums it seems xD

Your question is answered below \/

It seems there is an rare Onix there,it might be just that.Satoshi get excited easily by Pokémon.
    I kinda guessed that was the reason...but i can dream can't I? XD
    What fruit? ehhhhh... uhm...Some fruit with ying yang /killed. I dunno lol, but it'd be an awesome fruit xD

random question thou-

err, apparently I fail and think that two days from now is NOT june 21st. xD *hits head* baka...lol

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Aww, this is so cute :3 I especially like the bottom picture!

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful sleeper View Post

As for that scene where Ash is leaning towards Dawn with sparkling eyes, I think I'm not the only one who doesn't suspect it to be particularly "romantic". It is speculated that such a reaction from Satoshi might be stirred by Hikari mentioning something related to Pokemon battles, such as a new technique. I find this scenario quite likely and hey, that actually would be awesome. No matter what the context is, that scene definitely has a potential to be a great pearlshipping moment, no doubt about it.

BW2 is drawing near. Hopefully it won't disappoint.
    I'm going to have to agree with you on this point. As much as I'd like to think the context is romantic, chances are it's not and it most likely is battle related. Why must you be so oblivious to love, Satoshi?
    But still! I think it's super cute how he fanboys, never mind the reason why!

I don't think BW 2 will disappoint by the looks of the trailers

Netanyahu
    What happened to humanity?
    Obama Nation - I'm not gonna vote for your inauguration.

Guys, don't be so pessimistic. We've had a lot of surprises this year, with B2W2 instead of Grey or whatever, a truckload of new, totally unexpected forms, and of course, Dawn coming back to travel with Ash and co. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the anime writers had something up their sleeves for us, such as a shipping becoming canon - heck, there's nothing stopping them, after all (if they allow guns, they should allow romance =P We did have a few crushes after all). So I'd say that we just have to wait and see what happens before being totally pessimistic about it. Not that I'm telling you to get your hopes totally up, but there's still a chance that we might get what we want, right?

And there's no doubt that endless-summer181 is the greatest PearlShipping artist - no, artist overall - in the Pokemon fandom. XD I love the mini-artdump, especially the one where they're hugging each other... so cute >u<

That was an interesting scene to see Ash's eyes when he moved towards Dawn. Yeah, it probably wasn't anything romantic like some people might think. Misty, May and Iris fans would go nuts if it was XD But it definitely was a really cute moment and seeing Ash and Dawn together is amazing! And Morning Sun, that's a cute avatar you have with Dawn on her bed

Hmm... maybe a fruit they shared or gave to the other, berries? lol, what about cherry yea 2 cherry's with its attached to one another to represent the bond, closeness and the famous High Touch not to mention its sweet like them and has a seed to show that they hide the love deep down inside Yep that's the one : )

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That was an interesting scene to see Ash's eyes when he moved towards Dawn. Yeah, it probably wasn't anything romantic like some people might think. Misty, May and Iris fans would go nuts if it was XD But it definitely was a really cute moment and seeing Ash and Dawn together is amazing! And Morning Sun, that's a cute avatar you have with Dawn on her bed
    Excuse me? Not every PearlShipper is a Dawn fan, you know. but at this rate, it almost is

As Pikachu-Fan said, cherry. Because of cherry blossoms. I don't actually have a particular reason - I can just imagine them tasting like cherry. Likewise, Poké would taste like lemon, Advance like avocado, and Negai like grape~

Seems like my question was a bit weird...blame my wishfulshipper pals from their thread since I adapted from there XDDDD jk jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Excuse me? Not every PearlShipper is a Dawn fan, you know. but at this rate, it almost is
    I have to agree with Flame Mistress on this one.Shiping is not about pairing your favorite characters together.If it was...I would probably ship Dento with Hikari.And Satoshi with Iris,cause they are second in each of my favs list(I mean,two lists one for each gender).
    So yeah....generalizing shippers wouldn't be a good idea,as it might offend people.And I know that Flame like Iris much more than Hikari,so let's try to be nice with each other/and each fanbase

Guys, don't be so pessimistic. We've had a lot of surprises this year, with B2W2 instead of Grey or whatever, a truckload of new, totally unexpected forms, and of course, Dawn coming back to travel with Ash and co. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the anime writers had something up their sleeves for us, such as a shipping becoming canon - heck, there's nothing stopping them, after all (if they allow guns, they should allow romance =P We did have a few crushes after all). So I'd say that we just have to wait and see what happens before being totally pessimistic about it. Not that I'm telling you to get your hopes totally up, but there's still a chance that we might get what we want, right?

And there's no doubt that endless-summer181 is the greatest PearlShipping artist - no, artist overall - in the Pokemon fandom. XD I love the mini-artdump, especially the one where they're hugging each other... so cute >u<
    I think the major decision in doing to games again is the logic of earning double lol Now about suprising fans,but rather getting their pockets double full XDDDDD
    Romance...well it is much more about making every fanbase satisfied,I still think they can't do anything about making a shipping canon without pissing the other shippers off.So yeah...
    But hey,like Morning Sun said...the reason doesn't matter much...it is more about Satoshi actually doing some fanboy service there.That's the important part.Also Hikari going all =o about it XDDDD.Cute and Innocent as always :3
    Last edited by lokoduro; 19th June 2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

:) And Morning Sun, that's a cute avatar you have with Dawn on her bed :)
    Thank you! :)

Guys, don't be so pessimistic.
    Pessimistic? No one's being pessimistic, we were just saying that although the reason may not be romantic, doesn't mean it can't be considered a pro for pearlshipping. For goodness sake, his eyes sparkle! :> (Notice I used the words may not be romantic. For all we know, it could be!)

I agree! endless-summer181 is absolutely amazing when it comes to art, and I am so happy that she's a pearlshipper, too!

I dunno... maybe a Pecha berry because it's sweet, and so is pearlshipping <3

Netanyahu

As Pikachu-Fan said, cherry. Because of cherry blossoms. I don't actually have a particular reason - I can just imagine them tasting like cherry. Likewise, Poké would taste like lemon, Advance like avocado, and Negai like grape~
    I shouldn't have worded it that way. The Pokeshippers, Advanceshippers, and Negaishippers would be go crazy if that was a romantic scene.

The good thing is that the writers don't have to care about old shippers from 2 or more generations ago. They just have to put their efforts on the majority of their audience which are kids who grew up watching DP and still watch the show, and those who started watching the show with BW.

Shippers make up a tiny segment of the greater audience, they are just more vocal on certain things. But, a whole generation of young Japanese viewers have gotten used to seeing Ash and Dawn together as if they were fish and water. Those two characters just had to be with each other and it was further reinforced by all the opening songs, toys and promotions they had together. Those young viewers see this not because they are pearlshippers per se, but that's what they have gotten used to during the 4 years DP aired.

And I think the writers made a good effort to show that pearl was just dormant and not absolutely dead during the Unova-as-Kanto phase of this generation. They gave us the following things:

1. At the DP finale Dawn was supposed to go travel with Ash again but something came up which delayed this eventual fate
    2. In the meantime they gave us the DP Special to show Dawn was going to be in Hoenn and she will be 'intact' once she emerges again
    3. Small hints like the usage of "daijoubu" in the intro, and an instrumental version of Dawn's theme used once in a while in BW

Now for Dawn's return we see a huge promotion that includes her as one of the main features of Season 2. Every promo has included Dawn, while sometimes Cynthia or Meloetta weren't included. Combine that with the pearlshippy previews the animators have given us. I think we all can agree for this kind of anime there can never be true romance between main characters but they are trying to tell us Ash's true "soul mate" is Dawn and what they have is a pre-romantic friendship. If they were allowed to age they would have been dating already from all evidence we have seen. In this sense I believe pearlshipping is as canon as any shipping for Ash will ever be.

S-Sorry I haven't c-commented here in a while... Please don't shoot me... ;A;

Curious topic... but not impossible. I'd say...hmm... pineapple. Take into account it's rather unpredictable a fruit - sometimes it's kinda flat, and sometimes it's a little too much, but that same taste is always there in some way or form. I believe that Pearlshipping is similar: Sometimes, the hints were stopped short (or little things that could have been hints but were not) by another character, or sometimes the writers did NOT take advantage of a potentially shippy scene Though I suppose I shouldn't really say that as Pokemon is not romance centered and it kind of fell flat sometimes. Not in the sense of "unshippable", moreso in the sense of: "Oh, I wish there'd have been more added to that", which makes us all the more wistful to ship, which is a good thing. And sometimes Pearl hints were mashed together so brilliantly that it was a little overwhelming at times, though adorkable and completely shippable at the same time. ^-^

I guess what I'm meaning to explain is this: Pearlshipping is always there, no matter how the hints are, or the context is. We're proof of that; even when there was no set confimation that Dawn was to appear again in BW 2 (because despite all the other females appearing again, you can't say for definite until it's been arranged and confirmed that ANYBODY is set to return), we all kept shipping. And some were... converted at the thought of her return I'm... guilty of this actually. Damn you, good persuasive friend... >//> so... yep, Pearl is definable. Pearl is... unique, and Pearl is probably gonna stay with the Pokemon anime forever as one of the most... probable ships. That's what I think.

So yeah, pineapple. ^-^

Ahahaha, I probably wasted alot of your time, making you read all of that, but I felt it was a little deeper a topic. S-Sorry if I went a little overboard there... ^//^;

~Jesspikapal~

PS: Oh, I love those fanarts! And welcome Pika-Pika-Red! ^-^ To the forums too?? x3
    Private Detective regarding behaviour and problems; if you have a problem, you may find some benefit in talking to me. May.

I'm willing to help anybody if it raises their chances of solving the issue.

Plus... all I am is bored these days.

One hour until BW2,I will edit this post when I have information about the opening.
    This could be the chance or not....that Hikari stay for more time than expected.

EDIT:

Well,for me the opening was a total fail where Hikari stay for like 0,2 seconds on screen.That totally destroys the expectations of her being mais cast again....but I never expected that anyways.

The episode itself was...meh.

Satoshi and the others...
    -are goiing to eat ice cream
    -they meet Cynthia
    -they talk
    -TR appear and troll melloeta...then she falls in the middle of a road....
    -melloeta is half dead
    -then the group find her and start taking care of her
    -after,she just disappear
    -then Iris asks Shirona to battle
    -the battle was good,but good biasing as well.Axew learned Giga Impact and could actually damage Garchom a bit.I mean wtf?
    -in the end,they are in a plane
    -Hikari appears on a port after that :3
    -THE END
    Last edited by lokoduro; 21st June 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Well, Dawn is in the opening, so that is a very good sign that she'll be a recurring character at least. She and Piplup show up near the end, as part of the recurring characters/rivals and is in a group shot at the end I think. So she won't travel with them again (of course), but hopefully she'll show up several times over the season instead of just returning for a few episodes arc and then leaving again. I'm actually excited for this new season, although sadly they didn't meet up yet, and don't think there were any new scenes in the preview, just what we've seen before.

Dawn shows up at the very end of this episode, she is already at Cynthia's villa (I think) so she hasn't met up with Ash again yet, but it should be a very wonderful moment next week. Ash recognized Cynthia, but I'm hoping he'll be more enthusiastic when he meets Dawn (though that's probably hoping for too much). Not sure if Cynthia told him Dawn was waiting or not, but really excited to see Ash and Dawn's reunion next week.
    Last edited by Animefan145; 21st June 2012 at 11:40 AM.

So if Dawn is a recurring character then that might be such a bad thing in terms of Pearlshipping. also how the heck does a small untrained dragon pokemon damage a well trained (awesome, brilliant, fully sick) dragon type in a battle. Axew hasn't had hardly any battle experience.

away from my little rant. recurring is defintly better than cameo and main cast at the same time Pearlshipping definitly has a lot of potential in this series which is great to see
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Funny enough, when Hikari shows up in the opening, I caught the opening song itself saying "something hikari something" etc. Based on a translation from the opening thread in the spoiler forum, as well as Bulba's page, its not referring to Hikari herself (probably), I think Japanese anime songs often just refer to hikari (light), but saying it right when Hikari and Pochama show up is probably intentional (I think), so that's nice timing and reference (I hope).

No Hikari/Satoshi interaction yet, but Hikari's presence in the opening is more than I expected. I was expecting Hikari to reunite with Satoshi in BW86 (next week's episode), hang around for one or two episodes (at least until the Onix island one) then leave and probably never be heard from again. Showing up in the opening, and not just in the "Here's Professor Oak, and Misty and Tracy who will never have a speaking line again" segment, but as part of the recurring cast/rivals. We already know she's going to battle Dent's Pansage and her Mamoswine will fight Satoshi's Pignite (sorry for the mixed English and Japanese terms, I know human character names but not the Japanese Pokemon names) so that placement might be appropriate. Even if she's not categorized as a rival, Ash gets along well with most of them anyway. Here's hoping for many encounters with Satoshi in the coming season. I know her joining the main cast is unrealistic, but so far doesn't seem like she'll just be a four-episode cameo like Misty/Kasumi and May/Haruka were, so I hope that's a good sign for Hikari and Satoshi.

She stayed on the opening for 1 nanosecond.It isn't something to go "OMG OMG OMG SHE IS THERE!"
    Anyways,Kasumi was in High Touch,yet she didn't appear in DP nor anything.
    The only scenario which would be very beneficial would be if she was with the trio,something that didn't happen :/
    She will be for a cameo longer than the others.It was just as I expected.
    I really didn't expect the opening to surprise us nor abything,but I really wished it to be.

Anyways...I will bring much better news next week.In fact,this week was more about BW2 beginning rather than Pearlshipping.

Let's hope for a good episode next :333
    Hikari i
    Thanks Pat!

You lock the door
    And throw away the key

Team Rocket are also recurring characters, yet they appear in a lot of episodes and followed Ash from region to region. What is clear is that the writers have done something very interesting with Dawn that they didn't do with the other 2 returning girl characters. And we can expect to still see Dawn on the series for as long as the new opening is being used. Perhaps 3+ months until or after the League.

As Animefan said, there is a mention of "light" aka Hikari in the opening which is intentionally referring to Dawn. Keeping in mind it is Ash who is singing the song we can image that Dawn is Ash's "light", and we see her appearing from the sun. In many ways its very poetic and the animators are basically telling us Dawn is very special to Ash. This is the line:

だけど出会いがいつでも 光をくれる

But my encounters always give me Hikari (Dawn/light)

Intro vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTJIVFxB3c
    Last edited by DiamondClass; 21st June 2012 at 2:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    Team Rocket are also recurring characters, yet they appear in a lot of episodes and followed Ash from region to region. What is clear is that the writers have done something very interesting with Dawn that they didn't do with the other 2 returning girl characters. And we can expect to still see Dawn on the series for as long as the new opening is being used. Perhaps 3+ months until or after the League.

As Animefan said, there is a mention of "light" aka Hikari in the opening which is intentionally referring to Dawn. Keeping in mind it is Ash who is singing the song we can image that Dawn is Ash's "light", and we see her appearing from the sun. In many ways its very poetic and the animators are basically telling us Dawn is very special to Ash. This is the line:

だけど出会いがいつでも 光をくれる

And you're proof that it's intentional is...?

I'm not trying to deny PearlShipping completely, but I think it's a bit over the top that it was completely intentional. Yes, it may refer to Dawn, but it's unknown if it's intentional (and I doubt we'll ever find out), so hold your horses there.

Watched the episode today and though it was decent (Meloetta was super cute! Hate how Axew damaged Garchomp). I cannot wait for next week now!
    The opening was nice and I was happy that Hikari was included in it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post

だけど出会いがいつでも 光をくれる

I noticed the same thing! I find it sweet how the opening mentioned Hikari. Another translation is "But meetings will always bring light!". I hope this can mean that Hikari will appear in later episodes :)

I'm not trying to deny PearlShipping completely, but I think it's a bit over the top that it was completely intentional. Yes, it may refer to Dawn, but it's unknown if it's intentional (and I doubt we'll ever find out), so hold your horses there.
    It may or may not be intentional, but chances are it might have been (I mean they showed Hikari during that quote!). That's why it's an assumption. Don't jump to the conclusion that it might not have been intentional. Hold your horses.

Netanyahu

Agreed, plus others have pointed out that May (Haruka) had the same thing with the song "Haruka Kanata." So while it was a clever thing to do it doesn't really affect Pearshipping any.

Now that's not to say that there won't be any Pearl moments but let's see what happens in the next episode where she actually meets the group.
    Last edited by gohan5; 21st June 2012 at 4:46 PM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I think the whole "light" and Dawn appearing at that moment was a pun. I'm not denying anything but I don't think it's something to get all wrapped up over and get your hopes up. ^^;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

It's intentional because we see Dawn appearing right when that remark about "light" is said. Unless we are expected all this to be a coincidence?

Thoughtful work goes into making these opening, as they tie with the story in the anime. Just like in the first BW opening the song is about encountering a new land, which is what Ash did. Here's more lyrics to the song:

If you can no longer see the road
    Or are sometimes bewildered
    But you will always be by my side for me!

Even the bright sun
    Is hidden by the clouds sometimes
    But encounters will always bring light!

Just like they mention sun in the song, we also see Dawn come from the sun. They give us a lot of connections and make out Dawn to be an intricate part of this by her animation that accompanies it.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I think the whole "light" and Dawn appearing at that moment was a pun. I'm not denying anything but I don't think it's something to get all wrapped up over and get your hopes up. ^^;
    That's the funny thing about shipping, sometimes when 2 characters merely sit next to each other it immediately means they are madly in love. Yet when we have a reference made by one of the characters (Ash singing as himself) connecting those who are special to him (Pikachu then Dawn) its swept under the rug quite quickly. Hmm... (observes certain 2 avatars, ah got it).
    Last edited by DiamondClass; 21st June 2012 at 4:56 PM.

Page 221 of 304 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast