Page 239 of 305 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 7620

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I really hope they have her return again later on, Misty got more than just one arc maybe Dawn can to?
    Yeah, both Misty and May travelled through two regions with Ash (three for May if you count the Wallace Cup arc), so I'm hoping that Dawn will get the same treatment as well, especially since Piplup is insanely popular (I love that penguin. Shoot me.). And on that note, Iris should too when her time comes XD

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Yeah, both Misty and May travelled through two regions with Ash (three for May if you count the Wallace Cup arc), so I'm hoping that Dawn will get the same treatment as well, especially since Piplup is insanely popular (I love that penguin. Shoot me.). And on that note, Iris should too when her time comes XD
    Thats what I'm thinking, I'm not the biggest Pipulp fan but I know hes freakin popular in Japan.
    Maybe its popular enough to have her return? It'd be kind of like what happened with Brock :P
    I'm still thinking shey'll be at the league to cheer Ash on in her cheerleading outfit, than come back to meet his mom like she wanted to last time.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Man with each passing episode my hopes and dreams for pearlshipping continues to go down the toilet. Pretty much only the reunion Ep had any real interaction and the writers are probably just gonna give us a 30second battle before shoving her off to johto never to be heard from again.

Well, we're nearly at the end now. It was nice to have Dawn back, and while technically she was in quite a few episodes, just wish she had actually done more, or rather talked with Ash more. At least next episode she and Ash will have a battle (guess the earlier Mamoswine and Pignite battle doesn't really count, and considering both their showings in the tournament, they're not doing that great this season). Ash doesn't seem too down after his loss in the most recent episode, and sounds like Dawn will be leaving for another region, just hope the farewell scene is somewhat emotional at least. Sinnoh's ending was pretty... poignant, with them parting at the dock, and then even Ash and Brock going their separate ways. At least sounds like maybe half an episode will be devoted to Dawn's departure (the battle at least), with the first half devoted to the special tournament match.

The reunion episode was nice, shipping-wise at least, but most of the rest of the episodes weren't that great in most aspects (aside from seeing Dawn again), although Dawn worrying during Ash's battle against Dragonite was nostalgic.

Here's hoping we get a decent send-off. While I was very sad at the end of Sinnoh, at least it was an appropriate parting, with a last high five and all. Just hope they don't mess it up too much next episode. Sorry, haven't liked Unova much, and BW2 in particular hasn't caught my interest much.

And oh yeah, nice link, that artist is quite good with plenty of nice pearlshipping scenes (and from some other series too).

Despite the fact that Hikari's appearance wasn't particularly rich in pearlshipping moments, I'm just glad we could see her with Satoshi again.

I sincerely believe that Ash and Dawn will be reunited again after they part next week, even though the chances may not seem very strong. I'm sure you all do the same.

I'm looking forward to the battle between Ash and Dawn. I particularly like this sentence from the summary posted in Bulbapedia. "And thus, a battle that can be said to represent the fruits of the journeys of two who know each other like the back of their own hand unfolds, and...!?" Yeah, it's not that Pearlshippy, but it's good to hear that the strong bond between those two hasn't missed a step despite that they haven't seen each other for so long.

I'm confident that Dawn will make another return. Misty reappeared twice and so did May (if you count Battle Frontier), so why not give Dawn a second reappearance, too?

I´m fairly optimistic about the future as well.

Fact is, aside from Ash and Pikachu, Piplup and Dawn are the most promoted characters of the show
    which itself speaks for their importance to the franchise. The DP generation isn´t that old yet, so the Nintendo suits
    may yet find some marketing value in Dawn. I share BlueDragonfangirl´s hopeful vision... who knows, Dawn and Piplup´s
    popularity may be sufficient enough to encourage the writers to "pull a Brock", and assign Dawn back to the main cast,
    even if only for a short while. After all, we never know which direction the franchise will develop in the future,
    there maybe new game concepts that call for special promotion, Battle Frontier-esque mini sagas etc.
    We must never lose hope!

Ps. I recently got this cute Ash & Dawn mini-figure set from Japan, took a couple photos for you guys
        Spoiler:- piccies:
    Last edited by Hjörung´s wrath; 4th September 2012 at 10:28 AM.

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

Cool

Aw cool, nice find, I can't believe we actually have pearlshipping merchandising out there! Be better if they were in a suit and wedding dress.

I am also holding out for a change where we bring contests and dawn back on the show for her obligatory second region and then have the region male join the cast.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 3rd September 2012 at 9:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjörung´s wrath View Post
    I´m fairly optimistic about the future as well.

Fact is, aside from Ash and Pikachu, Piplup and Dawn are the most promoted characters of the show
    which itself speaks for their importance to the franchise. The DP generation isn´t that old yet, so the Nintendo suits
    may yet find some marketing value in Dawn. I share BlueDragonfangirl´s hopeful vision... who knows, Dawn and Piplup´s
    popularity maybe sufficient enough to encourage the writers to "pull a Brock", and assign Dawn back to the main cast,
    even if only for a short while. After all, we never know which direction the franchise will develop in the future,
    there maybe new game concepts that call for special promotion, Battle Frontier-esque mini sagas etc.
    We must never lose hope!

Ps. I recently got this cute Ash & Dawn mini-figure set from Japan, took a couple photos for you guys
        Spoiler:- piccies:
    ....they're holding hands? ;-;..

I wish i had something like that...XD

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika-Pika-Red View Post
    ....they're holding hands? ;-;..

I wish i had something like that...XD
    We all hope we had something like that. XD

Yes, the writers could well "pull a Brock". Dawn is probably even more popular than Misty or May, so I think that's a possibility there that she comes back. I like the idea of her rejoining the main cast and introducing a new male to the team.

If Dawn were going to rejoin the cast, she would have simply stayed for the rest of BW2. There's no reason to bring her back with tons of promotion, then have her leave again after 7 episodes especially after she was put into the opening and such...if they wanted her to stick around.

Remember by the time the 6th gen starts both Dawn and Piplup will be two gens old. There would be no reason for the writers to focus on an old 4th gen starter when even popular pokemon like Ash's Charizard are rarely seen anymore. The anime constantly moves forward, that's why they have to let all old characters besides Ash go eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    If Dawn were going to rejoin the cast, she would have simply stayed for the rest of BW2. There's no reason to bring her back with tons of promotion, then have her leave again after 7 episodes especially after she was put into the opening and such...if they wanted her to stick around.

Remember by the time the 6th gen starts both Dawn and Piplup will be two gens old. There would be no reason for the writers to focus on an old 4th gen starter when even popular pokemon like Ash's Charizard are rarely seen anymore. The anime constantly moves forward, that's why they have to let all old characters besides Ash go eventually.
    She was a Cameo character, let me look it up for you

Cameo:
    1.A brief appearance of a prominent actor, as in a single scene of a motion picture. Also called cameo role.

They promoted her as a Cameo character. I hope you and several others understand how cameos work, because all this 'dissapointment' over a cameo is really childish, on all sides.

"Disappointment"? What "disappointment"? It was just whiny complaining from people who expected more and "I told you so" from people who didn't.

But CyberCubed, anything is possible, after all. She could well return as a recurring character for the rest of the season. We don't know yet. So keep your fingers crossed (for what you want to happen, that is).

There's no reason to bring her back with tons of promotion, then have her leave again after 7 episodes especially after she was put into the opening and such...if they wanted her to stick around.
    Well, they understandably can´t keep two main girls in the group for long periods of time,
    they don´t want Dawn to hog the spotlight from Iris, an already uninvolved and neglected gen girl.

Gary is an ancient character, yet they gave him several appearances in the DP saga.
    They writers could well be planning on doing something similar with Dawn.
    The fact they gave her several scenes and a place next to the main rivals in the opening,
    gives rise to an implication that she will continue to be involved in the anime somehow.
    (Btw. it´s noteworthy, that Cabernet and Langley who are recurring rivals, didn´t get
    intro screentime at all.)

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

Come on, we shouldn't be so negative in the thread dedicated to pearlshipping about this kind of stuff, save it for the inevtiable yay dawn is gone or some other variation in the spoilers section.

I'll just post a topic
    If Ash and Dawn were to meet again on the anime after her cameo how do you think it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Come on, we shouldn't be so negative in the thread dedicated to pearlshipping about this kind of stuff, save it for the inevtiable yay dawn is gone or some other variation in the spoilers section.

I'll just post a topic
    If Ash and Dawn were to meet again on the anime after her cameo how do you think it would be?
    yeah we shouldn't! I know this isn't directly about dawn, but think of her catchphrase!
    Daijoubu Daijoubu! >3<...
    the fandom is what fills our hearts with pearlshipping when its not happening on the show. .

...Can I say my wish, or how i think it would really go?

HELL. MY WISH IT IS. XD

So in account of dawns teasing...

I can imagine back at the end of the unova league, after ash has won and everything. And dawn sneaks up behind after revealing she followed him the entire way wanting to tell him something...then a kiss, and the rest is history-Z*killed*

I can think of horribly gut-wrenching cliche storys...and yet it sounds so adorable. /killed. xD

but in reality, the cameo would probably be in the next region. I wouldn't mind if she went to see him for no reason except to see him...

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Lets give Brock as an example here Cybs, he returned after a series of being gone and than came back over and over again.
    For all we know this could have been a heads up to the fans saying hey looks whats in store for the future?
    Now am I saying for sure shes coming back? No, its all speculation. Let the fans talk about what we think maybe could happen how great it could be.

Any ways, if she did return Just to not offend Cybs *cough* I think could add a lot more Pearlshippy hints. Lets not forget they never did forget about that high five bit the fans love and of course am excited for

Spoiler:
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 5th September 2012 at 8:26 AM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

And so its over. Well, it was nice to see Dawn back for at least a few episodes. I hope she might show up again, but guess that depends on the writers. No last high-five, which I'm really sad about, unless they meet up again and then have a last high-five, but that's just speculation/wishful thinking. I think its at least mentioned she's heading off to Johto to participate in the next Wallace Cup. If I remember right, back in Sinnoh it was mentioned that it was held in a different region each year? Nice use of continuity at least, and a definite reason to leave right now, rather than just "going off back to her own journey now".

The battle between Pikachu and Quilava was pretty nice. Another inconclusive one, but lasted longer than most of the battles we've seen recently, as well as being somewhat even at least, and they're both really into it, with Cynthia commenting on it. Even Piplup and Oshawott are sad to part, and Piplup is sad to leave Meloetta at least, with Meloetta singing as Dawn's plane flies off, a nice melody, but I much prefer their parting in Sinnoh. This episode had a lot going on, with everyone leaving and introducing yet another friend/rival (and a particularly dumb one at that).

I'm not sure Brock is a good example to cite for Dawn bringing back. Originally it was nice to see Brock back, but from Johto onward he mostly became a joke, especially for Hoenn and Sinnoh (with most of his time running up to random girls, then being dragged away by someone). Ash and Dawn both had distinct goals in Sinnoh, with clear points of progress (each badge and ribbon), with their shared training and support for each other part of what made the Sinnoh saga so great (and is sorely lacking in BW). Brock didn't have any of that, and without contests around anymore, Dawn is left adrift too, so I prefer to have fond memories of how they said good-bye to each other at that dock in Sinnoh rather than have her make occasional bland cameos (I think that was what Misty ended up as by the Battle Frontier saga). At the end of Sinnoh the show was focused on Dawn leaving, here, they said bye at the airplane, but other things took up plenty of screentime too. And they all got momentos of the tournament, Alder keychains (or something), even Dawn, so if she shows up again, she can pull that out... although I'm just grasping at straws here mainly.

Well, I wasn't expecting much from Dawn's return, I was hoping it would be like May's appearance in Sinnoh during the Wallace Cup (and Dawn is going to another one now, too bad it can't be held in Unova this year, but then Unova doesn't even have contests yet), but then Sinnoh had better character focus than Unova. Well, to be fair, this Junior World Cup wasn't really about Dawn's return at all, it was more about Ash's rivalry with Trip and Iris and her Dragonite. At least there weren't any moments that weakened Pearlshipping (like Dawn mentioning anyone else). It was decent, but even with low expectations, aside from the first episode, it wasn't really interesting, even aside from Dawn's presence in the cast (but then I just haven't found BW interesting much at all). Wonder if they'll change the opening now, although I doubt it. I don't understand Japanese, so no idea what they were saying most of the time, but figure it was mostly the same friendship, bonds, battle and training stuff as usual. Ah, Dawn will be missed, but it was wonderful to see her and Ash traveling together for at least a little bit again.
    Last edited by Animefan145; 6th September 2012 at 11:40 AM.

The good-bye scene between them was adorable at least, the writers did such a horrible job with her this series I admit it =/
    Not even a change of clothes or evolutions? She didn't even get to talk about her rivals, not that I care about Kenny but guess the writers hate Dawn's rivals that much eh?
    I liked Ash V.S Dawn fight, Cynthia shouldn't have stopped the dang thing curse you Cynthia!!

Just imagine how awesome it would have been for dawn to be the new rival over kotetsu. When ash asks where shes going she just whips out a badge case and says seigaiha city.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    The good-bye scene between them was adorable at least, the writers did such a horrible job with her this series I admit it =/
    Not even a change of clothes or evolutions? She didn't even get to talk about her rivals, not that I care about Kenny but guess the writers hate Dawn's rivals that much eh?
    I liked Ash V.S Dawn fight, Cynthia shouldn't have stopped the dang thing curse you Cynthia!!
    Seriously, does anyone know how a cameo works. She was a cameo character.

What new clothes. She wore her Platinum ones in the Snowpoint City Arc and giving her Hilda or Mei's outfits is a bad idea.

And she has a Quilava who evolved in the special plus only two members of her tem can evolve and that's Piplup and Buneary, the latter doesn't want to evolve.

While I can see why Pearlshippers were disappointed, look on the bright side, at least Dawn didn't mention Kenny.

While I can see why Pearlshippers were disappointed, look on the bright side, at least Dawn didn't mention Kenny.
    I don't care much for Keny its the Paul fanboys that grind my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    Seriously, does anyone know how a cameo works. She was a cameo character.

What new clothes. She wore her Platinum ones in the Snowpoint City Arc and giving her Hilda or Mei's outfits is a bad idea.

And she has a Quilava who evolved in the special plus only two members of her tem can evolve and that's Piplup and Buneary, the latter doesn't want to evolve.
    It would have been nice to give her some thing this arc though, May and Misty each got some sort of upgrade when they came in for a cameo, even change of outfits and an arc that fit them perfect.
    Dawn just came into the picture, got beat by Iris and oh wells at least we got some nice Pearlshipping moments out of the deal.

Yes Cybs at least Kenny wasn't talked about, seems Dawn doesn't really care about him.

Haven't been here in awhile, but it doesn't seem like anything really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post

I think you mean the former...

Personally, I was quite disappointed about Hikari's cameo in BW season 2. Only the first episode she appears in had a moment, the rest did not. I mean really? Come on! I was so looking forward to her cameo, but unfortunately, no hints. It's not like I was expecting something big, but a small little hint at least. Even the farewell episode was a disappointment.

*sigh* Ah well... what can you do?

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Page 239 of 305 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast