Page 255 of 307 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 7651

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by brawlbankai View Post
    Funny name As a common courtesy, try not to say stuff like the other ships should "die", as that tends to start things that shouldn't happen in the first place

As for the movies, I haven't had a chance to rewatch them yet, but plan to this week-end. Should I watch #12 Japanese dubbed or English dubbed?
    True no bashing of other shippings please. even if Pearl is your OTP respect the others. Watch movie 12 in Japanese the english one does not have Hi Touch! and that is the lionshare of the Movie 12 shipping besides the water flirting hehe.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Ideally, it's best to watch shows subbed because dubs tend to downplay Pearlshipping or somehow diminish its appeal, especially when the original writers spent a lot of time promoting the ship so a lot of the hints are overt yet at the same time, their close relationship is intended to be implied.

PAP_0004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Ideally, it's best to watch shows subbed because dubs tend to downplay Pearlshipping or somehow diminish its appeal, especially when the original writers spent a lot of time promoting the ship so a lot of the hints are overt yet at the same time, their close relationship is intended to be implied.

PAP_0004.jpg
    I have to agree with you on this. Subbed animes are so much better than dubbed.

Oh, and I'm new here. Nice to meet you all!

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn burrito View Post
    I have to agree with you on this. Subbed animes are so much better than dubbed.

Oh, and I'm new here. Nice to meet you all!
    Welcome! What do you like most about Pearlshipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Welcome! What do you like most about Pearlshipping?
    I like the fanart the best. Some of it is so darn cute

Speaking of that, do we have any artists? I have a great idea for fanart, but I'm bad at drawing -_-'.

I wish I could draw well, but I haven't drawn for years.

I seem to think the Japanese DP movie endings have varying degrees of subtle Pearlshipping, but it really depends on the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXbNMHHJDo
    This one (ONE by Crystal Kay) seems to be the most shippy based on the lyrics, that actually is the best out of all the DP movie endings, possibly the best Pokemon movie Japanese ending of all time.

While this one sounds depressing based on the lyrics, especially since it's the last movie for DP series. It made me tear up a little, but it's alright.
    Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D25irfnbiY

This is a little more neutral, Antenna of the Heart by Shouko Nakagawa. It's okay, but in my opinion, the lyrics and the music felt a little stale.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOBxKrsRU3o

Another song, Konna ni Chikaku de by Crystal Kay (obviously not a Pokemon movie ending), but this time it's an AMV/MAD, based on one of the ending songs for Nodame Cantabile. But it is a very popular song amongst all kinds of shippers to make AMVs with.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PQ-E7_I64

Sometimes, talking about it and the thought of being afraid of never seeing Hikari again in the anime makes me feel a little depressed. I should take my mind off of it some time.

I wish I could draw well, but I haven't drawn for years.

I seem to think the Japanese DP movie endings have varying degrees of subtle Pearlshipping, but it really depends on the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXbNMHHJDo
    This one (ONE by Crystal Kay) seems to be the most shippy based on the lyrics, that actually is the best out of all the DP movie endings, possibly the best Pokemon movie Japanese ending of all time.

While this one sounds depressing based on the lyrics, especially since it's the last movie for DP series. It made me tear up a little, but it's alright.
    Ice Cream Syndrome by Sukima Switch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D25irfnbiY

This is a little more neutral, Antenna of the Heart by Shouko Nakagawa. It's okay, but in my opinion, the lyrics and the music felt a little stale.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOBxKrsRU3o

Another song, Konna ni Chikaku de by Crystal Kay (obviously not a Pokemon movie ending), but this time it's an AMV/MAD, based on one of the ending songs for Nodame Cantabile. But it is a very popular song amongst all kinds of shippers to make AMVs with.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PQ-E7_I64

Sometimes, talking about it and the thought of being afraid of never seeing Hikari again in the anime makes me feel a little depressed. I should take my mind off of it some time.
    Movie 12 ending ONE by Crystal Kay is an amazing song. In the movies the lyrics with the more overt shipping hints in the openings. Look at the full lyrics to Together and Hi Touch also look the lyrics to Best wishes. The anime endings Kimi no soba de, Kaze no message, and also lalala in my heart lol.

Hikari's cameo had some plot holes, but still somewhat pearlshippy.

1) How did Satoshi know beforehand about the Wallace/Mikuri Cup in Johto? He also knew what tournament she was going to be in off the bat! He's in Isshu of all places, there aren't any contests there at all.

2) Iris and Dent have heard about 'Pokemon Coordinators' before but only from Satoshi, probably when he was talking about Hikari. So I'd assume that outside of the episodes, it's implied that he talks about Hikari (and how great a Coordinator she is) a lot.

3) Why wasn't Satoshi surprised that Hikari was leaving for Blackthorn City?

4) Also, no mention of her progress in the Hoenn Grand Festival was revealed.

Given how the writers intended for it to be a uniquely different ship, I guess they still showed something subtle. That said, that's a great development from the writers. So not all is mostly negative from her cameo. They still showed that they care for her character and they certainly do build up on Pearlshipping. Well, the main reason why she seemed different was because of how BW is a different series than DP, especially in which Hikari started using Iris' 'such a kid' jest at Satoshi just to tease and surprise him as always. Saying all that made me feel a little better.

Hikari's cameo had some plot holes, but still somewhat pearlshippy.

1) How did Satoshi know beforehand about the Wallace/Mikuri Cup in Johto? He also knew what tournament she was going to be in off the bat! He's in Isshu of all places, there aren't any contests there at all.

2) Iris and Dent have heard about 'Pokemon Coordinators' before but only from Satoshi, probably when he was talking about Hikari. So I'd assume that outside of the episodes, it's implied that he talks about Hikari (and how great a Coordinator she is) a lot.

3) Why wasn't Satoshi surprised that Hikari was leaving for Blackthorn City?

4) Also, no mention of her progress in the Hoenn Grand Festival was revealed.

Given how the writers intended for it to be a uniquely different ship, I guess they still showed something subtle. That said, that's a great development from the writers. So not all is mostly negative from her cameo. They still showed that they care for her character and they certainly do build up on Pearlshipping. Well, the main reason why she seemed different was because of how BW is a different series than DP, especially in which Hikari started using Iris' 'such a kid' jest at Satoshi just to tease and surprise him as always. Saying all that made me feel a little better.
    The Mikuri cup is a annual regional rotation tourney. It started in Hoenn sometime during AG went to Sinnoh were Hikari won. Next was Johto and Kanto.

Also, it was implied Satoshi and Hikari talks outside of the series because he was like you could have contacted me when you were in Isshu. It was cool that Satoshi talks about Hikari to Iris and Dent but then again she is vaguely mentioned in Best Wishes lyrics....

Hi!
    As you can see, I'm new to this thread, although I have read through quite a few of all of your posts. I am a hardcore Pearlshipper and this thread seems to be one of the most active and rich in good pearl analysis, so I was wondering if I could join this thread. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IceArceus View Post
    Hi!
    As you can see, I'm new to this thread, although I have read through quite a few of all of your posts. I am a hardcore Pearlshipper and this thread seems to be one of the most active and rich in good pearl analysis, so I was wondering if I could join this thread. Thanks.
    Everyone is welcome. So long as they don't openly diss pearl. So enjoy yourself.

Everyone is welcome. So long as they don't openly diss pearl. So enjoy yourself.
    Thanks, pokemonsquared. Don't worry though. I wouldn't ever diss pearl. Whether it is openly or in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IceArceus View Post
    Thanks, pokemonsquared. Don't worry though. I wouldn't ever diss pearl. Whether it is openly or in my mind.
    Welcome to the thread. Feel free to say your theories and feelings on pearlshipping we all do

Welcome to the thread~~~

It'd be nice if we all worked together on working on compiling Pearlshipping hints from episodes/movies. I'd split it into several hint groups:

They would be like this
    Episode Hints (or Movie Hints)
    Episode #xxx (or Movie)
    Pearlshipping rating from 0-5
    Satoshi Hints (if any)
    Hikari Hints (if any)
    Interesting quotes (if any; might be arranged in order of Satoshi or Hikari hints)

Any potential hints would be listed as confirmed or subjective. Confirmed meaning that it is NPOV while Subjective is POV.

The way how Bulbapedia arranges it is too confusing and its separates episodes by episodes, having to cycle back and forth.

Also possible:

Hypothetical implications
    Similarities concerning the ship
    Hints outside of the show
    Notable Pearlshippers (divided into Confirmed and Subjective; A confirmed example would be Lyra/Kotone; who is an overt, canon Pearlshipper; while a subjective example would be more disputed and not generally considered canon)

Question:
    What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping? (Anime openings/endings or anything similar to that are definitely options!)

Old site that I found
    http://friend.45.kg/satohika2/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_yEUOO9Qc

What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping?

Mine is "the One" by Crystal Kay the ending to Movie 12. I love that song and it is certainly the first song I hear when I think about pearlshipping. Hi Touch is a close 2nd.

Also, i would love to compile at pearlshipping list. I may start it....

Question:
    What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping? (Anime openings/endings or anything similar to that are definitely options!)
    I'll have to say Hi Touch, at least for now, may change whenever I get around to actually watching the movies. Hearing about "the one" really makes me want to watch them. Unfortunately I haven't had the time

As for the pearlshipping list, I'd love to help, but again, I just don't have the time. I'll look through and post whatever I find relevant in my free time

I would also say Hi Touch, since the lyrics are quite shippy, and the harmonics also have that romantic feel to them.
    Ice cream syndrome is also romantic (and is from Ash's viewpoint), but the lyrics where it says ' a jet plane tearing the blue sky in half' worries me. It is what happened in Dawn's goodbye in Unova. What does this mean for Pearlshipping?

Hello there, Pearlshippers. Been a while but I'm back now.

What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping?

I'm gonna have to say High Touch. That song is just the ultimate Pearlshipping hint, IMO. The lyrics are very shippy if you ask me and it's kind of hard not to think about Pearlshipping when listening to it.

There are some other songs that make think of Pearlshipping when I listen to them but High Touch just takes the cake.

Hi again everyone. Sorry i haven't been on in a while, but I'm back now.

I like Hi Touch, but I haven't listened to that in a while. If I ever get around to watching the movies that might change, but for now my knowledge of Pokémon music is very small. My D&P series watch has come to a halt because I can't get on the computer I was watching on can now not be accessed, and I don't know any other way I can watch the episodes. I'll try to look up more hints on the web in the meantime, but for now that might be all I get.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

hi, this will sound crazy but i have been reading all this comments about the pearlshipping since like when Best wishes season 2 was announced, but i have never gave my opinion before can i join to the conversation?
    Last edited by cf16polo; 13th May 2013 at 6:22 AM.

Anyone is welcome. And please feel free to express what's on your mind when it comes to Pearlshipping.

And welcome to the thread~~

Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    hi, this will sound crazy but i have been reading all this comments about the pearlshipping since like when Best wishes season 2 was announced, but i have never gave my opinion before can i join to the conversation?
    All are welcome. If you wanna talk AshxDawn this is the thread lol. Welcome!

Is it just me, or are there a lot more people coming on to this thread than usual(including me)? I'm not complaining, because its great and its always better to have more cotributing to the thread. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome to all the new people on here.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

The more the merrier I'd say. It always fun to have like minded people to chat about pearlshipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    Is it just me, or are there a lot more people coming on to this thread than usual(including me)? I'm not complaining, because its great and its always better to have more cotributing to the thread. Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome to all the new people on here.

~ashiemore
    I was thinking the same thing lol

anyways, I would also like to say welcome to all the new people as well, I'm fairly new as well, so lets all get along

Page 255 of 307 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast