Page 257 of 306 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

  1. #6401
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Don't ask unless you know, USA
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Ohai everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll try to be more regular.

    What reason or scenario would you have for Dawn coming back to the show?
    After Ash finshes whatever he wants to do in Unova, he goes back to Pallet town. Dawn is traveling through kanto for the contests when she meets up with Ash for a pallet town contest or something. Then Ash travels to the new region he's going to next time, and dawn tries to sneak along beside him and "travel" with him without him noticing. Someday whenever Ash's friends are all off doing their own thing, she springs up on him and tells him she wants to travel with him again. Then they go through this whole new region and do the normal region routine with moar Pearlshipping hints.

    ~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

  2. #6402
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Welcome to the thread~~~

    It'd be nice if we all worked together on working on compiling Pearlshipping hints from episodes/movies. I'd split it into several hint groups:

    They would be like this
    Episode Hints (or Movie Hints)

    Episode #xxx (or Movie)
    Pearlshipping rating from 0-5
    Satoshi Hints (if any)
    Hikari Hints (if any)
    Interesting quotes (if any; might be arranged in order of Satoshi or Hikari hints)

    Any potential hints would be listed as confirmed or subjective. Confirmed meaning that it is NPOV while Subjective is POV.

    The way how Bulbapedia arranges it is too confusing and its separates episodes by episodes, having to cycle back and forth.

    Also possible:

    Hypothetical implications
    Similarities concerning the ship
    Hints outside of the show
    Notable Pearlshippers (divided into Confirmed and Subjective; A confirmed example would be Lyra/Kotone; who is an overt, canon Pearlshipper; while a subjective example would be more disputed and not generally considered canon)


    A satoshi hint for hikari is when maybe in rise of darkiad when ash was graving to dawn hand and try to save her .
    A dawn hint to ash is........ Well it hard to choose one but maybe when dawn ask ash what pokemon to use for her contest.


    Question:
    What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping? (Anime openings/endings or anything similar to that are definitely options![/url]
    My number one is high touch then sihnno lead victor theme song and fanilly it not a theme song from pokemon but it call my life will suck without you

  3. #6403
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    45

    Default

    The part when it start " a Satoshi hint.. "And fishing to" use for her contest" that was not be in the quote but it ended up like that but it was from me
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:


  4. #6404
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    Ohai everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll try to be more regular.

    What reason or scenario would you have for Dawn coming back to the show?
    After Ash finshes whatever he wants to do in Unova, he goes back to Pallet town. Dawn is traveling through kanto for the contests when she meets up with Ash for a pallet town contest or something. Then Ash travels to the new region he's going to next time, and dawn tries to sneak along beside him and "travel" with him without him noticing. Someday whenever Ash's friends are all off doing their own thing, she springs up on him and tells him she wants to travel with him again. Then they go through this whole new region and do the normal region routine with moar Pearlshipping hints.

    ~ashiemore
    That really funny it made me laugh for some reason

    My answer will be that after ash is done with unova, then he gose to a new region and he while walks around with pikachu in the new region he in, then dawn fall from a tree and land ontop of ash. Ash might say " Owwww. Dawn? Why did fall from a tree?" dawn will a explain and tell him that she travels alone and ash will ask her to travel with him again. She say sure and done the end ^_^
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:


  5. #6405
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    Ohai everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll try to be more regular.

    What reason or scenario would you have for Dawn coming back to the show?
    After Ash finshes whatever he wants to do in Unova, he goes back to Pallet town. Dawn is traveling through kanto for the contests when she meets up with Ash for a pallet town contest or something. Then Ash travels to the new region he's going to next time, and dawn tries to sneak along beside him and "travel" with him without him noticing. Someday whenever Ash's friends are all off doing their own thing, she springs up on him and tells him she wants to travel with him again. Then they go through this whole new region and do the normal region routine with moar Pearlshipping hints.

    ~ashiemore
    I love this reason I sounds plausiable and even if it doest happen it makes me smile.

    To answer th question of what I think the spirit of pearlshipping is I believe it is the closeness to each other I rewatch DP often in japanese due to sinnoh being my favorite and I always notice something new. I love how they value not only their friendship but each other even after DP. If you look at the lyrics to the 1st best wishes opening and the ending songs to the 14th and 15th movies you can say he is singin to dawn. Especially the movies. All the other relationships are close but too me it doesn't seem as close and I love that.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  6. #6406
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I love this reason I sounds plausiable and even if it doest happen it makes me smile.

    To answer th question of what I think the spirit of pearlshipping is I believe it is the closeness to each other I rewatch DP often in japanese due to sinnoh being my favorite and I always notice something new. I love how they value not only their friendship but each other even after DP. If you look at the lyrics to the 1st best wishes opening and the ending songs to the 14th and 15th movies you can say he is singin to dawn. Especially the movies. All the other relationships are close but too me it doesn't seem as close and I love that.
    So far, Kanto is the only region Dawn hasn't visited (compared to the other girls), much less Pallet Town. I might not be surprised when Dawn would show up at Ash's house surprising him when he arrives (as she might be in his house already after the Wallace cup was over). And if it does lead to that, then it could be implied that she knows exactly where he lives. Even though theoretically, cameo appearances by girls are usually once, but sometimes I feel that that her cameo appearance at the start of BW 2 won't be the last we'll be seeing her.

    As for the movies, so far the only movies that are relevant towards Pearlshipping are usually the DP movies. To suggest the BW movie themes would be stretching it a little bit too far. What'd make you convince that it was Ash singing them and not Dawn?
    Last edited by karczx; 22nd May 2013 at 5:10 PM.

  7. #6407
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    So far, Kanto is the only region Dawn hasn't visited (compared to the other girls), much less Pallet Town. I might not be surprised when Dawn would show up at Ash's house surprising him when he arrives (as she might be in his house already after the Wallace cup was over). And if it does lead to that, then it could be implied that she knows exactly where he lives. Even though theoretically, cameo appearances by girls are usually once, but sometimes I feel that that her cameo appearance at the start of BW 2 won't be the last we'll be seeing her.

    As for the movies, so far the only movies that are relevant towards Pearlshipping are usually the DP movies. To suggest the BW movie themes would be stretching it a little bit too far. What'd make you convince that it was Ash singing them and not Dawn?
    This was all my opinion on the bw movie songs. The best wishes opening 1 is sung by satoshi because rica matsumoto sings it and she is satoshis voice actor so whenever she sings its satoshis prespective. The ending movies the lyrics just suggest again to me that either of them can be singing to each other especially movie 15 ending song it sounds like dawn singing to ash and movie 15 came out during her cameo. This is just what I thought I could be on track or completely off base but that's how I deceipered it


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  8. #6408
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shalour City
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Hello guys, I have two questions. First, may I join? And second, I remember some manga called Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, the one about Satoshi and Hikari's adventures through Sinnoh. Did anyone ever get to translate that manga? Because I really want to read it.

  9. #6409
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MedievalMovies View Post
    Hello guys, I have two questions. First, may I join? And second, I remember some manga called Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, the one about Satoshi and Hikari's adventures through Sinnoh. Did anyone ever get to translate that manga? Because I really want to read it.
    Yeah all are welcomed so Welcome! Their is a translated DP manga check sites like Mangareader.net or MangaFox and you should be able to find it.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  10. #6410

    Default

    Hello everyone, sorry for bein' inactive. Anything new?
    Looking for an artist who likes Pearlshipping. If you are, PM/VM me because I have a GREAT idea for fanart.

  11. #6411
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Page has been updated

    http://mint.45.kg/satohika/

    They're awfully optimistic about BW2. And they're confident that Hikari will appear again in the anime series.

    But the thing about them is that they still haven't updated their episode ratings and reviews.

  12. #6412
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Page has been updated

    http://mint.45.kg/satohika/

    They're awfully optimistic about BW2. And they're confident that Hikari will appear again in the anime series.

    But the thing about them is that they still haven't updated their episode ratings and reviews.
    but what does this means, she will appear again or what?

  13. #6413
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    but what does this means, she will appear again or what?
    Only time will tell it just shows their are people in Japan hoping for her return just like us


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  14. #6414
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Only time will tell it just shows their are people in Japan hoping for her return just like us
    Really is that true? I hope so.....i've always been told that it was Misty that was loved more than any poke-girl in Japan. I sure hope i'm wrong
    and it would be awesome if Dawn did come back in the Kalos region.

  15. #6415
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Really is that true? I hope so.....i've always been told that it was Misty that was loved more than any poke-girl in Japan. I sure hope i'm wrong
    and it would be awesome if Dawn did come back in the Kalos region.
    I believe each girl has their fans but throughout my journeys on Japanese pkmn sites it alwasy seems to ME Hikari was more popular plus as hard her and DP was promoted during its run has to stand for something. There was a japanese site the was a vote panel of Favorite Pokegirl and Hikari was 1 with Haruka 2. I'll try to find it again.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  16. #6416
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I believe each girl has their fans but throughout my journeys on Japanese pkmn sites it alwasy seems to ME Hikari was more popular plus as hard her and DP was promoted during its run has to stand for something. There was a japanese site the was a vote panel of Favorite Pokegirl and Hikari was 1 with Haruka 2. I'll try to find it again.
    You mean this?
    http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/
    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Really is that true? I hope so.....i've always been told that it was Misty that was loved more than any poke-girl in Japan. I sure hope i'm wrong
    and it would be awesome if Dawn did come back in the Kalos region.
    Most Japanese girls don't identify with Misty and Iris, they identify with Dawn because she represents the ideal Japanese girl (Mainly a girly girl version of OS Ash). A lot of Japanese guys like Dawn as well because she's their ideal girl companion. But most of them prefer May. Therefore, Pearlshipping is mainly popular amongst girls (and male fans of Dawn) in Japan. Which is why the removal of Dawn from the series caused a backlash amongst fans because Dawn and her Piplup are almost as iconic as Ash and his Pikachu.

    Despite what people hear, a lot of Japanese dislike tsunderes and many are getting fed up with tsunderes so they prefer less 'masculine' girls. There was a huge uproar when an anime studio decided to adopt a manga series and ended up turning a Type B tsundere into a Type A tsundere.
    Last edited by karczx; 27th May 2013 at 8:53 PM.

  17. #6417
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I believe each girl has their fans but throughout my journeys on Japanese pkmn sites it alwasy seems to ME Hikari was more popular plus as hard her and DP was promoted during its run has to stand for something. There was a japanese site the was a vote panel of Favorite Pokegirl and Hikari was 1 with Haruka 2. I'll try to find it again.
    Ok that's good to know, thanks i would love to see it if you can find it. It also seems that way to me too when
    I look for Dawn images on google and livejounals. She appears to have the most images out of every pokegirl i've seen.

  18. #6418
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    You mean this?
    http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/


    Most Japanese girls don't identify with Misty and Iris, they identify with Dawn because she represents the ideal Japanese girl (Mainly a girly girl version of OS Ash). A lot of Japanese guys like Dawn as well because she's their ideal girl companion. But most of them prefer May. Therefore, Pearlshipping is mainly popular amongst girls (and male fans of Dawn) in Japan. Which is why the removal of Dawn from the series caused a backlash amongst fans because Dawn and her Piplup are almost as iconic as Ash and his Pikachu.

    Despite what people hear, a lot of Japanese dislike tsunderes and many are getting fed up with tsunderes so they prefer less 'masculine' girls. There was a huge uproar when an anime studio decided to adopt a manga series and ended up turning a Type B tsundere into a Type A tsundere.
    Ok i just saw the poll and it looks like you're right. Also I understand why she's popular now with that explanation and definitely glad to hear it. I mean it makes sense that she is
    more preferred than the other girls. Best character development, best character design and best personality imo. The only one that seems to be close to her is May/Haruka, and she used to
    be my all time favorite character. Btw I completely understand the tsunadere thing in Japan, I can't stand those types as well.

  19. #6419
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Ok that's good to know, thanks i would love to see it if you can find it. It also seems that way to me too when
    I look for Dawn images on google and livejounals. She appears to have the most images out of every pokegirl i've seen.
    She has a lot of images on Pixiv. Though roughly comparable to May.

    Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Ok i just saw the poll and it looks like you're right. Also I understand why she's popular now with that explanation and definitely glad to hear it. I mean it makes sense that she is
    more preferred than the other girls. Best character development, best character design and best personality imo. The only one that seems to be close to her is May/Haruka, and she used to
    be my all time favorite character. Btw I completely understand the tsunadere thing in Japan, I can't stand those types as well.
    Another thing I've seemed to notice is that Pearlshippers in Japan tend to write fanfiction more often than draw fanart.

  20. #6420
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    She has a lot of images on Pixiv. Though roughly comparable to May.
    Another thing I've seemed to notice is that Pearlshippers in Japan tend to write fanfiction more often than draw fanart.
    Yeah I've been on Pixiv, thanks to that site alone I have over 200 Dawn screencaps. As for Pearlshippers in Japan writing the fanficton
    more than fanart, maybe it's because with writing you can enjoy an elaborate fan-made story than just looking at a cute picture of your favorite
    shipping. Makes sense to me at least.

  21. #6421
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kalos!
    Posts
    624

    Default

    I would love to join!

  22. #6422
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    considerating that the poll says the truth what does that mean?, it´s a official poll from nintendo or it was made just by a fan?
    the producers read this kind of website to considerate and determine what to do in the future?

  23. #6423
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    considerating that the poll says the truth what does that mean?, it´s a official poll from nintendo or it was made just by a fan?
    the producers read this kind of website to considerate and determine what to do in the future?
    No it was a fanmade poll so I wouldn't put any official bearing to it. Just their are alot of Hikari fans just like any pokegirl. I doubt the producers keep up with the fan pulse at all why would they?


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  24. #6424
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    considerating that the poll says the truth what does that mean?, it´s a official poll from nintendo or it was made just by a fan?
    the producers read this kind of website to considerate and determine what to do in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    No it was a fanmade poll so I wouldn't put any official bearing to it. Just their are alot of Hikari fans just like any pokegirl. I doubt the producers keep up with the fan pulse at all why would they?
    Well, they haven't forgotten how big Pearlshipping is in Japan and how popular Hikari is there. And they probably would intend Hikari to come back because they'll 'meet each other again'. I think they are keenly aware of such things even though well, I can't say for certain. To my knowledge, the only Pokemon ship so far in Japan to have a website dedicated to it is that mint Pearlshipping fansite and its sister sites (its BBS and its secondary fansite). Though during the DP years, they really did dedicate A LOT of time to having subliminal Pearlshipping hints scattered everywhere, especially outside of the anime series in Japan. Thus some kids who grew up with Diamond and Pearl grew up thinking that Ash and Dawn were inseparable. The concept behind Dawn's personality and ideals, being an overtly feminine Ash, also made girls idealize her character just as boys did about Ash's character.
    Last edited by karczx; 27th May 2013 at 10:47 PM.

  25. #6425
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Well, they haven't forgotten how big Pearlshipping is in Japan and how popular Hikari is there. And they probably would intend Hikari to come back because they'll 'meet each other again'. I think they are keenly aware of such things even though well, I can't say for certain. To my knowledge, the only Pokemon ship so far in Japan to have a website dedicated to it is that mint Pearlshipping fansite and its sister sites (its BBS and its secondary fansite). Though during the DP years, they really did dedicate A LOT of time to having subliminal Pearlshipping hints scattered everywhere, especially outside of the anime series. Thus kids that were raised on DP were ingrained with the idea that Ash and Dawn were inseparable.
    Yeah I agree with that as well. I watched DP in japanese the entire duration of it Raw before it was subbed 3/4 way through. I also picked up on the promotion of Satoshi's/ Hikari's relationship romantic or otherwise it was closer and more developed by the writers and marketers than any other Ash/anyone relationship. I just no matter what we see only time will tell also everyone sees things differently we would say sublimial hints and someone else would say "your reading too much into it." I still believe Hikari is returning the writing is on the wall from everything I've seen from watching the original version.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Page 257 of 306 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •