Page 265 of 308 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 7694

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

  1. #6601
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey everyone! I'm looking for someone who recommended my Pearlshipping Fanfic on here not long ago. I'm the writer of 'A Pokemon Future' and I really hope who ever has read it has enjoyed it.. but please do not pass it on as your own. Someone already tried and they didn't get very far with it unfortunately! :P

    I might as well add a nice AshXDawn pic 67987_10151301056372736_584501160_n.jpg

  2. #6602
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I have a question since it has been a little slow lately. With the Dawn returning situation, how's it going? Earlier there were rumors about her returning posted here but those seemed to stop after a while.

    Credits to Xylo at ☆ StarStruck Studios ☆



    The ultimate Pearlshipping site, made by me and FinesseMalkin.
    http://www.pearlshipping-datacore.webnode.com

    The official Pearlshipping forum:
    http://pearlshipping-vault.boards.net

    Keeping the Pearlshipping spirit alive in our darkest days:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5050604/IceArceus

    Dedicated Pearlshipper, never an Amourshipper.

  3. #6603
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceArceus View Post
    I have a question since it has been a little slow lately. With the Dawn returning situation, how's it going? Earlier there were rumors about her returning posted here but those seemed to stop after a while.
    Well Brock's returning for a cameo very soon so the chance of Dawn returning again is very unlikely especially since she already returned not long ago. Im hoping she will be back in xy but it seems that there's are silly pattern going were character's never return after their cameos :/
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  4. #6604
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Don't ask unless you know, USA
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Honestly, Idk why we all have to hope and hope and hope that Dawn is going to make a return in the show. Any non-current ash ship is almost just speculation at this point (Even current ones are mostly speculation). Let's face it. Dawn isn't coming back as a main character, and cameos are nice but a TV show programmed for ages ~6-9 is not going to have any canon main character ship in it, and we are now facing two reasons why this is not going canon.

    I'm not trying to stop something that's fun or anything, but I think the thread should focus on what would happen if Pokémon was geared for its real audience. Dreaming is fun, but realizing what is actually happening is inevitable(however much we wish that was not the truth)

    ~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

  5. #6605
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Hey guys let's not lose hope!
    If there is any previous character who will come back in Pokemon XY it is Dawn.
    I, for one, just have that odd feeling that she will come back.
    I know it is unlikely, but the feeling is there in my head and it's never bad to dream!

    Btw I think Dawn would fit Kalos(France) perfectly!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

  6. #6606
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sinnoh w/ Dawn
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    Hey guys let's not lose hope!
    If there is any previous character who will come back in Pokemon XY it is Dawn.
    I, for one, just have that odd feeling that she will come back.
    I know it is unlikely, but the feeling is there in my head and it's never bad to dream!

    Btw I think Dawn would fit Kalos(France) perfectly!
    I too have that feeling she will return and wont stop believing in it until she doesnt. Hikari and Pochama are too popular in Japan for it to ignored.


    My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

    Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

    Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

  7. #6607
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I too have that feeling she will return and wont stop believing in it until she doesnt. Hikari and Pochama are too popular in Japan for it to ignored.
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    Hikari and Pochama/Piplup are way too popular in Japan to be ignored, and the fact that they revealed Ash first for this upcoming series shows that they might be bringing back an older character! You always have to have hope!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

  8. #6608
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    Hey guys let's not lose hope!
    If there is any previous character who will come back in Pokemon XY it is Dawn.
    I, for one, just have that odd feeling that she will come back.
    I know it is unlikely, but the feeling is there in my head and it's never bad to dream!

    Btw I think Dawn would fit Kalos(France) perfectly!
    Same here, I'm not expecting her to come back, but looking at it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if she returns.

  9. #6609
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    If that does happen, even if it's unprecedented, and against all the odds, we must somehow celebrate the event. [If it does happen somehow :P:P:P:P] Just being optimistic here :3

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  10. #6610
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    If that does happen, even if it's unprecedented, and against all the odds, we must somehow celebrate the event. [If it does happen somehow :P:P:P:P] Just being optimistic here :3
    Out of every past female companion, Dawn will always have the best chance to return. She is mega popular in Japan, and the writers would hate to ignore and hurt the Japanese viewers.
    I'm always going to be optimistic haha!!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

  11. #6611
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Don't ask unless you know, USA
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Did I forget to mention I wanted to join the thread? I am usually stupid like that.

    I wish I could be as optimistic as everyone else was, but this seems unlikely to me. Unless there is a majority of people who want Dawn to return as a main character (in Japan) then she probably won't. Of course, i'm sure she will make cameos reminiscent of her previous one. My final statement: Dawn has the best chance of any of the main characters of returning, but that is still a kind of miniscule chance. If everyone got their way in what the TV show was like, then there would be like 286,479 different Pokémon shows...XD

    ~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

  12. #6612
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    Did I forget to mention I wanted to join the thread? I am usually stupid like that.
    I post in several shipping threads. Never asked for a welcome. I welcome myself in :3:3 But that's just me.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  13. #6613
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Don't ask unless you know, USA
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I post in several shipping threads. Never asked for a welcome. I welcome myself in :3:3 But that's just me.
    Now that's really kind and thoughtful, isn't it? Welcoming a new person (namely yourself) into a thread. Sounds like inviting yourself to a party.

    ~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

  14. #6614
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    Now that's really kind and thoughtful, isn't it? Welcoming a new person (namely yourself) into a thread. Sounds like inviting yourself to a party.

    ~ashiemore
    I know right. I am awesome, just like that :P:P:P I am getting cracky as it is 2 AM. I should probably not derail this thread than I have already done.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  15. #6615
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I too have that feeling she will return and wont stop believing in it until she doesnt. Hikari and Pochama are too popular in Japan for it to ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    Hikari and Pochama/Piplup are way too popular in Japan to be ignored, and the fact that they revealed Ash first for this upcoming series shows that they might be bringing back an older character! You always have to have hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    Out of every past female companion, Dawn will always have the best chance to return. She is mega popular in Japan, and the writers would hate to ignore and hurt the Japanese viewers.
    I'm always going to be optimistic haha!!
    And the biggest thing (and the most important to do something of this) is that: (in reverse order of airing).

    2.7 / 3.3 / 4.4 / 4.2 / 4.0 / 3.2 / 3.8 / 3.6 / 4.0 / 2.8 / 4.3 / 3.4 / 4.2 / 3.1 / 4.0 / 4.0 / 3.9 / 3.2 / 4.9 / 3.9 / 4.6 / 5.1 / 4.7 / 5.3 / 5.5 / 4.4 / 5.2 / 4.3 / 4.7 / 5.0 / 4.3 / 5.4 / 5.4 / 4.5 / 4.2 / 5.8 /, ...

    In DP they don't get lowert han 5 except in very special occasion. And always ihas more than 4. Starting oin Episode N 12 the average rating is 3.7. And the ratings has decided that ratings like Episode N are low...

    We mnow (specially I) that the show is getting sick because if those ratings and they are doing everything and more to hype this.

    A Dawn return won't be done for nostalgia or for shipping, if they do, there's because the anime has to risk with it because they have problems right now.

    And if that's true, they can risk it with other ones?
    Brock, no; because even when he left in DP, he is not remembered for that. Specially when he is getting by some only two minutes or so of screentime. (Compared it with 8 episodes).

    May and Misty. DP survived without them. They were a success then.

    BW has a big problems with ratings. Rating dropped in TV, true. but not with a 25-30% liek some parts of BW are. And BW started with higher ratings than DP, and when we are in late Season 1 DP was like new while BW is getting 4s constantly.

  16. #6616
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eievui-Nymphia View Post
    And the biggest thing (and the most important to do something of this) is that: (in reverse order of airing).

    2.7 / 3.3 / 4.4 / 4.2 / 4.0 / 3.2 / 3.8 / 3.6 / 4.0 / 2.8 / 4.3 / 3.4 / 4.2 / 3.1 / 4.0 / 4.0 / 3.9 / 3.2 / 4.9 / 3.9 / 4.6 / 5.1 / 4.7 / 5.3 / 5.5 / 4.4 / 5.2 / 4.3 / 4.7 / 5.0 / 4.3 / 5.4 / 5.4 / 4.5 / 4.2 / 5.8 /, ...

    In DP they don't get lowert han 5 except in very special occasion. And always ihas more than 4. Starting oin Episode N 12 the average rating is 3.7. And the ratings has decided that ratings like Episode N are low...

    We mnow (specially I) that the show is getting sick because if those ratings and they are doing everything and more to hype this.

    A Dawn return won't be done for nostalgia or for shipping, if they do, there's because the anime has to risk with it because they have problems right now.

    And if that's true, they can risk it with other ones?
    Brock, no; because even when he left in DP, he is not remembered for that. Specially when he is getting by some only two minutes or so of screentime. (Compared it with 8 episodes).

    May and Misty. DP survived without them. They were a success then.

    BW has a big problems with ratings. Rating dropped in TV, true. but not with a 25-30% liek some parts of BW are. And BW started with higher ratings than DP, and when we are in late Season 1 DP was like new while BW is getting 4s constantly.
    I saw the ratings too and i believe you 100%.
    Pokemon BW had the lowest rating of all time which was 2.2.
    Best Wishes started off better then DP in terms of ratings but then Mid-season(after around the 43rd-44th episode) is when Best wishes started to tail off. Now they are constantly getting low ratings.
    They haven't gotten a rating of at least 6 since the episode "Junior Cup encounter and farewell!", which is coincidently an episode with Dawn in it....
    Pokemon DP never got lower then 4.1
    If any body wants to see the ratings for themselves, just pm me and I'll link you with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

  17. #6617
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    The thing is, whatever they do, if they follow the same routine again, then they'll be unimpressed and disappointed over the hype. Then it would be possible that XY would have worse or even ratings compared BW.

    I do think that having Dawn appear in the show constantly would slow the decline of the show to stabilize it, just like in DP. Game sales of BW weren't as popular with children compared to DP, and BW sold worse than RS. The show is the main way to introduce the target audience to the games and introduce them to merchandise such as toys.

    I'm still on the fence with this one. If I had to say anything, if Dawn comes back, great, but its not enough. If she doesn't, then I'm praying for their success because they better make XY worthwhile. Either way, they would have to try hard to regain lost ratings, and as it stands right now, it isn't looking so good, especially with DA.

    They've also tried to tease and stir Pearlshippers into a fever pitch over in Japan, so maybe not all is lost. But even if she comes back, I can't even imagine what kind of role she would play in XY. It's great and all, but it might start to feel as if it were a cop out, like a publicity stunt unless if they try a different or unexpected take on things.
    Last edited by karczx; 30th August 2013 at 5:55 AM.

  18. #6618
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Now that I'm off my high horse, I have to agree with your post, Karczx. It would definitely seem like a publicity stunt, mostly to those who are not fond of her. And there is some truth in it, because if they would return Dawn, then it would only be for appeasing the fans.

    I badly want to see Dawn in Serena's clothes

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  19. #6619
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    The thing is, whatever they do, if they follow the same routine again, then they'll be unimpressed and disappointed over the hype. Then it would be possible that XY would have worse or even ratings compared BW.

    I do think that having Dawn appear in the show constantly would slow the decline of the show to stabilize it, just like in DP. Game sales of BW weren't as popular with children compared to DP, and BW sold worse than RS. The show is the main way to introduce the target audience to the games and introduce them to merchandise such as toys.

    I'm still on the fence with this one. If I had to say anything, if Dawn comes back, great, but its not enough. If she doesn't, then I'm praying for their success because they better make XY worthwhile. Either way, they would have to try hard to regain lost ratings, and as it stands right now, it isn't looking so good, especially with DA.

    They've also tried to tease and stir Pearlshippers into a fever pitch over in Japan, so maybe not all is lost. But even if she comes back, I can't even imagine what kind of role she would play in XY. It's great and all, but it might start to feel as if it were a cop out, like a publicity stunt unless if they try a different or unexpected take on things.
    You have a great point and I agree with everything you just said. The ratings for BW were dead-awful and bringing back a person like Dawn would increase them but not by an insane amount.
    They also want to promote the games as well, and in my opinion, the best group for this would be: Ash, Dawn, Serena/Alexa and Grant.
    It's a 4 person group and it might get crowded but I would love this group.
    This group will allow the Pearlshippers to be happy and will also bring in new fans if they use either Serena/Alexa and Grant.
    This would be the best group for Pokemon XY! Remeber it's just my opinion, nothings confirmed yet
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

  20. #6620
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Great Southern Land
    Posts
    420

    Default

    If pearlshipping comes back with a vengeance in the X and Y saga, it would work out nicely, but it depends on whether there is contests and a reason for Dawn to travel to Kalos, I believe that it would be nice since Kalos does suit Dawn so her as a traveling companion with Ash would be really nice. so lets hope that Pearlshipping does come back with a vengeance, it was a little underwhelming in the BW saga, but that doesn't matter if the new saga falls away, there has to other things that will drive the series apart from Dawn doing a full time return.


    there needs to be a better story line, something the directors neglect, there has to be more than collect 8 badges and then getting creamed in the regional league, like have the villains become a threat, have Mega-Evolution play a part in the story, bring fairy types a good part in the series itself.

    what caused BW to drop off was the fact that Team Plasma finished as fast as it started and didn't get a series involvement, Team Rocket became a joke after a seventh of the way through the series.

    so for the series to be a success, we need Team Flare to play a part, Mega-Evolutions and the fairy type to play a part and for Team Rocket to be around more often and be a rival to Team Flare. if Dawn is to travel with Ash, she would need a reason, I have a feeling we will find that reason soon enough, CoroCoro is only a couple of weeks away from being released and I think it would be one of the best hints we will see to what the new games will involve, it could also shed some light on who will travel with Ash, I am keeping my expectations low, because in reality I am expecting either Shauna, Serena or Dawn to be one of the female traveling companion with Ash with Brock or the other guy from the game
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

  21. #6621
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    If pearlshipping comes back with a vengeance in the X and Y saga, it would work out nicely, but it depends on whether there is contests and a reason for Dawn to travel to Kalos, I believe that it would be nice since Kalos does suit Dawn so her as a traveling companion with Ash would be really nice. so lets hope that Pearlshipping does come back with a vengeance, it was a little underwhelming in the BW saga, but that doesn't matter if the new saga falls away, there has to other things that will drive the series apart from Dawn doing a full time return.


    there needs to be a better story line, something the directors neglect, there has to be more than collect 8 badges and then getting creamed in the regional league, like have the villains become a threat, have Mega-Evolution play a part in the story, bring fairy types a good part in the series itself.

    what caused BW to drop off was the fact that Team Plasma finished as fast as it started and didn't get a series involvement, Team Rocket became a joke after a seventh of the way through the series.

    so for the series to be a success, we need Team Flare to play a part, Mega-Evolutions and the fairy type to play a part and for Team Rocket to be around more often and be a rival to Team Flare. if Dawn is to travel with Ash, she would need a reason, I have a feeling we will find that reason soon enough, CoroCoro is only a couple of weeks away from being released and I think it would be one of the best hints we will see to what the new games will involve, it could also shed some light on who will travel with Ash, I am keeping my expectations low, because in reality I am expecting either Shauna, Serena or Dawn to be one of the female traveling companion with Ash with Brock or the other guy from the game
    Dawn did get the most episodes in her "return" out of every single female companion to date. She got 9! Misty has a combined 5 while May also has 5. Also remember Dawn travelled to Unova which I found weird because there were no contests, so there really wasn't a really good reason for her to go there, other then to see Ash!

    Kalos suits Dawn as well imo! It would be great to see her back and since there is character customization then they can easily put Dawn in Serena's clothes.
    It would be great for Dawn to return and I think it will happen but if the anime wants to get at least DP ratings back then they will need Dawn and a good storyline.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

  22. #6622
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Don't ask unless you know, USA
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken77 View Post
    Dawn did get the most episodes in her "return" out of every single female companion to date. She got 9! Misty has a combined 5 while May also has 5. Also remember Dawn travelled to Unova which I found weird because there were no contests, so there really wasn't a really good reason for her to go there, other then to see Ash!
    Possibly one of the best Pearl hints, dawn comes to unova and just happens to come across Ash? I don't think so. She wouldn't go to the trouble of quitting contests for a while and just go to a place without contests. Now how did Dawn find out where Ash was during when she was in Unova? Put all of this together...and you will know that it is too much to just be a coincidence. I rest my case. =)

    ~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

  23. #6623
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    Possibly one of the best Pearl hints, dawn comes to unova and just happens to come across Ash? I don't think so. She wouldn't go to the trouble of quitting contests for a while and just go to a place without contests. Now how did Dawn find out where Ash was during when she was in Unova? Put all of this together...and you will know that it is too much to just be a coincidence. I rest my case. =)

    ~ashiemore
    Cynthia invited Dawn :P Maybe Cynthia is a Pearlshipper?

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  24. #6624
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Don't ask unless you know, USA
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Cynthia invited Dawn :P Maybe Cynthia is a Pearlshipper?
    I would hope. I don't watch B&W so I wouldn't know. But still Dawn is pretty involved in contests...
    I really need something to put here.

  25. #6625
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    I would hope. I don't watch B&W so I wouldn't know. But still Dawn is pretty involved in contests...
    Dawn comes to Unova for Elesa iirc. WAIT A MINUTE.

    Is that a hint that Dawn could be more into the career of a Pokestylist?????? Pokestylist........Kalos........France........sorr y. I am too optimistic for my own good.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


Page 265 of 308 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •