Page 266 of 308 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 7694

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Dawn comes to Unova for Elesa iirc. WAIT A MINUTE.

Is that a hint that Dawn could be more into the career of a Pokestylist?????? Pokestylist........Kalos........France........sorr y. I am too optimistic for my own good.
    LOL optimism is always a good thing! I just have the feeling that since they revealed Ash first, then they might bring back an older character (Dawn please) and then Dawn becomes a staple in the Pokemon anime.
    I enjoyed the movies with Ash, Dawn and Brock better then any of the others. The Unova movies were awful imo..
    And Dawn just screams Kalos, it would be a crime not to include her in the upcoming saga.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

Whatever it will be, the chances of Dawn coming back sort of outweigh the chances of her not coming back. I dont subscribe to fanon theories regarding companions even though it has been ingrained into the fandom itself to a large degree that it's almost considered to be canon.

By looking at it from a non shipping, somewhat of a marketing perspective, because bringing Dawn back is like killing two birds with one stone. Not only they have Piplup back, but also a chance at regaining lost fans and getting new ones with the help of Piplup. Ratings would increase probably better than BW as a whole. Note I said probably because it's a maybe. If they replace girls all over again, that might not work. Why? Ratings already decreased sharply in BW, people want to see something different. Even if they do, what else there needs to be convincing as to why ratings would increase in case if they introduce a new female companion? If they want more ratings, then it should be a girl that is more similar to Dawn in appearance. Why? Feminine girls attract audiences quite a bit because it expands the target demographic, attracting a much more diverse audience to watch the show and buy the games. A more tomboyish girl wouldn't attract that much of an audience as compared to Dawn in Japan simply because girls wouldn't relate themselves as much to that character. They would rather be more like Dawn, hence why Pearlshippers in Japan tend to have a majority of females, though obviously male Pearlshippers exist. Even if they do introduce a new girl, then she better be better than Dawn, not just for myself, but for the health of the franchise as a whole. Dawn already rescued the franchise during Gen 4, by slowing and somewhat reversing the decline. But I'm not resting my hopes that some new girl might be better than Dawn, because given how they mishandled BW in many ways, I have huge doubts.

As for the shipping component, it doesn't hurt to bring more Pearlshippers just to increase ratings. The demographic of Pearlshipping attracts young girls, the demographic that watches shows like Pretty Cure, the shoujo demographic. A Dawn revival might revive Pearlshipping to a far greater degree than imagined. But not by much, especially with the poor BW ratings. Thus, XY should attract more of an audience, enough to DP levels to make an impact. And by looking at things, Japanese Pearlshippers make the most zealous out of all Pearlshippers and possibly the Japanese Pokemon shipping scene.

If she comes back, what can potentially happen to the franchise? It's a gamble, but they can pull it off. They just have to think outside of the box. Either way, whether they bring Dawn back or not, they would have to have a LOT of work to do. And I mean a lot. They can't just lazily maintain the status quo, kids are already getting disinterested especially with low ratings and attention grabbing tactics that the franchise is doing lately.
    Last edited by karczx; 1st September 2013 at 7:37 AM.

Taking a gamble is something the anime directors are too scared to do, I think if they made a gamble and made Dawn a traveling companion of Ash and Brock again it would work, but as I said earlier, there is more to making the series better than to bring those two back, the villains need development, much like what happened with Team Rocket early in BW, Team Flare and Team Rocket would make perfect rivals, they basically seek the same thing so them fighting it out and causing trouble would be really nice.

As for Dawn, if she was to come back for a full time appearance being a pokemon stylist would be great, but how will it play out in the series, don't get me wrong I like Pearlshipping, I would hate for Pearl's lustre to be lost if the handling of the series is wrongfully done. I hope for Ash and Dawn to travel again but I feel that it needs to be done right.

so here is my question for you all. If Ash and Dawn were to travel again, how would you see their adventures unfolding as the X and Y series progress?
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

If Ash and Dawn were to travel again, how would you see their adventures unfolding as the X and Y series progress?
    I don't think there would be too much pearlshippy hints to begin with but if they did travel again, they could get alot closer towards the end of the XY saga. Their adventures might be a little similar to the DP series but Dawn's aims might be different if she does decide to go has a pokestylist.

I personally don't want their to be another new female character like the new playable XY girl cause it could potentially rival pearl if she turns out to have a similar personality to Dawns. They could however decide to bring in a younger male character like the XY boy and he could make jokes about Ash and Dawn being very close(someone a little similar to Lyra).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

How would the wedding go?

I can Imaging dawn a pure white dress with pink and red flower in her hair witch is all fancy and stuff. Ash will be in tuxedo duh. Everyone is there even misty and Kenny came. May, zoey, Lyra, ursula and iris are the bridesmaid and drew, Gary ( believe or not he the best man ), Paul (schoking isn't it?) cilan, and Kenny (that y Kenny came). Pikachu and piplup are dress up too. Brook the priest XD. It will be a big one and salvia (the princess) created the wedding. It was the biggest wedding ever for kanto boy married a sihnno girl. After that they live happily in a nice house with 2 (girl and boy) name nikky and Luke.
    Last edited by DarkIceBubbles; 5th September 2013 at 5:39 AM.
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

We WILL be getting Pokemon XY anime info this week!!
    Hopefully they show Ash's companions and hopefully Dawn is there!
    It would be awesome!

I could see, in Kalos, something like a fashion show, which Dawn participates in. It could actually work.
    Just keeping my hopes up right now!
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-8252-4249
    Add me and then PM me so I can add you. Looking for anybody who is getting "Y"

I seriously hope Dawn makes at least a cameo appearance. It's true the whole french fashion theme of Kalos would suit her perfectly, and as one of the most zealous of Pearlshippers I can only hope. But this is the Pokemon Anime department we are talking about here...

I have a prediction, but I don't think it's a prediction any of us would like, as much as I want Dawn to travel with Ash again, and don't get me wrong I would love for it to happen, it is something I seriously doubt, a cameo would be the best thing we can get at this stage, but hey who knows I could be wrong about my prediction of Serena or Shauna being the traveling companion of Ash. I do however think Dawn traveling with Ash again would be nice, we might get some nice Pearlshipping hints, what goes against her is the fact that after a cameo is made they are never seen of heard from again, this is something I seriously hope doesn't happen, because isn't Dawn the most popular traveling companion Ash has had to date? inside Japan.

Oh well I guess we will find out next week, fingers crossed we get to see the return of Dawn and pearlshipping as a result

She is the most popular traveling companion for sure, just as Pearlshipping is the strongest ship (I'm basing that on the amount of fanfics and posts made in Pearlshipping threads on various websites). However you're correct, everytime a character has made a cameo they are written off for good. I have no idea why the anime guys decide to do this, maybe as a final farewell, but it's seriously lame. May and Misty have already suffered similar fates, if you don't count the flashback scene with charmander in S16. I can only imagine they will want to make use of the new characters introduced with the new gen, yet I'm still unsure how they will deal with Iris and Cilan. I don't mind Cilan stayed on as I quite like him, but I've never been fond of Iris, and I still wish they'd of just used Hilda for BW if they simply HAD to replace Dawn. I have my hopes that our favorite bluenette will return, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been watching the show since it originally aired and I was 6 years old and originally seeing Misty get axed off was quite a shocker, and since then character's have never been safe from the chopping block. It has it's pros and cons I suppose, but still sucks *** if you liked that character, and since Misty they have avoided giving Ash any obvious romantic hints like the plague. At least with Misty they made him and her jealous about each other at times, but apparently they don't want Ash to be happy. Dawn and Ash are soulmates, it's such a crime that she left in the first place but hey, what can we do?

woww, it´s been along time since i dont post anything here (sorry i was busy), well i am gonna make a question to all of you.
    żTo be honest, does everyone here really thing that the pearlshipping is the most popular ash shipping or doesn´t?

Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    woww, it´s been along time since i dont post anything here (sorry i was busy), well i am gonna make a question to all of you.
    żTo be honest, does everyone here really thing that the pearlshipping is the most popular ash shipping or doesn´t?
    It is popular at the moment, but I can see that the activity has declined. That's the only thing we can say for certain.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

It's just that the activity is declining in general, it's not as if they lost interest in Pearlshipping. There are many who posted in her once or twice but then just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    It's just that the activity is declining in general, it's not as if they lost interest in Pearlshipping. There are many who posted in her once or twice but then just leave.
    Activity is lower really due to we are all waiting and seeing what will happen. If on the 15th we get news of a certain someone returning it will explode and if we don't then it was still be there just not as often. Also, life tends to distract people from forums and stuff and I am a HUGE Pearlshipper but life still comes first so my posts have dropped alot.

-Vanishes-

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

If Dawn is confirmed then I can promise that this thread will be like a house on fire, there will be no stopping it, unless you have a fire truck and bazooka with lots and lots of water.

alright bad jokes aside, well we are less than a week away from the anime news, let's hope it is favourable, I have seen some people providing evidence on a certain FB page where people want Brock and Dawn to come back into the series, somehow I doubt that they would bring him back, but with Dawn's return seeming more likely, it could ignite some really nice pearlshipping stories fanfics and fanart. we could also see some really nice Pearlshipping hints as well. but at this stage my expectations are low.

Man pokemon X and Y are coming soon. I hope Dawn is in the game or at least in the anime for kalos! It will be awesome!!!! Maybe during the kalos tri Ash is travilinh with someone who was into fashion and contest witch cause to remember Dawn and wish to see her avian then Ash travel buddy heard about a fashion show and convince him to go and that when it happen!! One of the girl walking on the runway remind him of Dawn then he relize! It is Dawn!!! After the show they met up and talk he ask to travel with him agian, she wanted to but someone had to take her place for her career and that with kalos girl say she will take it and then on Ash and Dawn travel trough the kalos region! That will be the best Ep of the kalos if they do make it!!! ^-^
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

alright guys lets do a couple of quick topics, we all know it's a week before the release of information of the new saga, we all know how popular Dawn, Piplup and Pearlshipping in japan is in general so we might get another crack at Pearlshipping guys.

If/When Ash meets up with Dawn how do you picture the reuniting in the Kalos region

How would you like to see Pearlshipping play a part in the new saga

just remember guys we need to keep it realistic, because we cannot be certain that Dawn will be returning.

There's going to be anime news on the 15th? Is that when they're confirming the characters? Yes, if Dawn returns this thread will probably end up with the most posts. Being realistic though, I still think it's possible.

Credits to Xylo at ☆ StarStruck Studios ☆

The ultimate Pearlshipping site, made by me and FinesseMalkin.
    http://www.pearlshipping-datacore.webnode.com

The official Pearlshipping forum:
    http://pearlshipping-vault.boards.net

Keeping the Pearlshipping spirit alive in our darkest days:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5050604/IceArceus

Dedicated Pearlshipper, never an Amourshipper.

If/When Ash meets up with Dawn how do you picture the reuniting in the Kalos region
    I kinda suprisev this questin pop up after a story I told of how they should meet lol. It just above of Paul (dragon master). I find my awswer pretty cool

How would you like to see Pearlshipping play a part in the new saga
    Part of the saga? Hmmm I find tricky to awnser for some resin but I think maybe the kalos girl will maybe like ash as well and then a cat fight happen between kalos girl and dawn I think.... I really don't know for this one
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

Hello! I am a new Pearlshipper, hehe... honestly I never thought I would be a shipper, granted I am only fourteen and usually don't like this stuff much, and I thought if I ever did ship it would be Pokeshipping... but I don't think that fits so well for whatever reason. And May and Iris just do not fit at all for me with Ash... but there is something about Dawn that is... special. Granted, I haven't watched much of the Pokémon anime as I am kinda new to Pokémon, but from what I have see Ash and Dawn go very well together. So I think I have decided to become a Pearlshipper. That may change in the future, but for now my case rests on AshxDawn. They just seem to flow so well together for whatever reason... but anyways, that is my little introduction... is this an OK to sign up for this thread? I hope so... ^^; Thanks!
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Welcome to the thread, Cassafrass1999. It is good that there are new pearlshippers here. It doesn't matter that you are only fourteen. I'm not much older than you.

Aw, well thanks for the welcome IceArceus! I am glad to hear that someone here doesn't think I am nuts to be shipping at this age lol... but again thanks for the welcome! I sure got into the Pokémon and Pearlshipping (or any shipping)! late lol... ^^; Only been watching the anime/reading the manga/playing the games since May this year!
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

In light of how things have been going for us recently, I could as well go on a rant about the effort that was put in developing Ash and Dawn's friendship, and how it is probably going to be wasted.

As a matter of fact, I am sometimes haunted by the thought that perhaps Dawn was never invented to be Ash's soul mate, and that she wasn't meant to occupy a special position amongst other characters (at least as far as her interactions with Ash are concerned), even though the anime evidence clearly points otherwise.

It may be be surprising to some of you that I can't quite reconcile with Dawn and pearlshipping being ignored, but on the other hand, I have noticed serebii posters being highly emotional over much more shallow topics... Indeed, there are people on here who tend to go nuts upon finding out that Ash is not going to capture a Pokemon (!), so I guess it's far from extraordinary for me to be saddened by the fact that Ash and Dawn are inequitably separated. Yeah... It seems so difficult to keep alive the hope that maybe not everything is lost yet.

Sadly, Pokémon is a show where few things turn out right.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful sleeper View Post
    In light of how things have been going for us recently, I could as well go on a rant about the effort that was put in developing Ash and Dawn's friendship, and how it is probably going to be wasted.

As a matter of fact, I am sometimes haunted by the thought that perhaps Dawn was never invented to be Ash's soul mate, and that she wasn't meant to occupy a special position amongst other characters (at least as far as her interactions with Ash are concerned), even though the anime evidence clearly points otherwise.

It may be be surprising to some of you that I can't quite reconcile with Dawn and pearlshipping being ignored, but on the other hand, I have noticed serebii posters being highly emotional over much more shallow topics... Indeed, there are people on here who tend to go nuts upon finding out that Ash is not going to capture a Pokemon (!), so I guess it's far from extraordinary for me to be saddened by the fact that Ash and Dawn are inequitably separated. Yeah... It seems so difficult to keep alive the hope that maybe not everything is lost yet.

Sadly, Pokémon is a show where few things turn out right.
    I mostly agree... but I still think we shouldn't lose hope. You never know what may happen...

Guys, read serebii's newspage. Dawn's not coming back. I literally just had a massive Pokerant at my brother. To be honest, the anime was always going to do this. Rile up emotions and do the opposite. They're very sneaky.
    Last edited by IceArceus; 12th September 2013 at 7:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceArceus View Post
    Guys, read serebii's newspage. Dawn's not coming back. I literally just had a massive Pokerant at my brother. To be honest, the anime was always going to do this. Rile up emotions and do the opposite. They're very sneaky.
    I feel the same way but I am still holding out only due to in the XY poster Serena is in the clutter of everyone else whereas Ash and Pikachu are in the foreground of the poster. When they intro'd May, Dawn, and Iris they were in the foreground at Ash's side. So we may yet not know perhaps Pkmn Smash will inform us on the 15th but everything so far has been Ash only and that wasnt the case for the time leading up to DP and BW they showed Dawn and Iris quickly.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Page 266 of 308 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast