Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306
Results 7,626 to 7,640 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Default Long live pearlshipping!

What Pokemon song reminds you of Pearlshipping? Please name two cause everyone are gonna say High touch!

Just two that aren't High Touch? This is going to be difficult because High Touch is the ultimate Pearlshipping song, IMO. But oh well, here we go...

1. In Your Heart, LaLaLa
    From the minute I first heard this song, I just immediately found myself thinking of Pearlshipping. There are some lyrics that are very shippy in that song if you ask me and clearly, since it was a DP song, it kind of signifies Pearlshipping.

2. By Your Side ~Hikari's Theme~
    When I first heard this song, I immediately convinced myself it was a Pearlshipping song. I mean, the lyrics, "I'll get stronger by your side" just made me think it was about Ash.

So yeah, those are the two.

How did you get into Pearlshipping?

I'll be perfectly honest with you, this is the ship that really got me interesting in shippings in the first place. If not for this pairing, I probably would not be here right now.

Even before DP started airing, I became a supporter of Pearlshipping. I loved Dawn and I thought that she and Ash would just make such an adorable couple. Then when DP started airing, I fell in love with this pairing after seeing how close Ash and Dawn were to each other. They seemed inseparable during DP and that's what caused me to become the massive Pearlshipper I am today. They were always so supportive of each other; Ash never missed any of her contests and she wore a cheerleading outfit for some of his gym battles. And the high fives, which are what I love most about this pairing because they, in my opinion, show that Ash was closer to Dawn then he was to any of his other female companions.

That is why Pearlshipping is and always will be my favorite Pokemon shipping. No other pairing will ever be able to compare to it, ever. Ash and Dawn were just made for each other and while I do ship Ash and Dawn with other people, no pairing will ever be able to top this pairing. Ever. No matter what anyone says!

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

What Pokemon song reminds you of Pearlshipping? Please name two cause everyone are gonna say High touch!

One

the main theme from the 11th movie is perfect for pearlshipping, for me is a Dawn's point of view of Ash and the relationship with him

in your heart lalala

the last ending of DP saga is pretty perfect for this shipping, the theme talk about of a relationship of a girl whith a "very special" friend and the apparently feeling pf love with him just like "One" that song is for me other Dawn's point of view over Ash and the kind of relationship with him

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Two songs for this other than High Touch

Hmmmm. i think Hikari theme would be nice

Another is (EN)
    You and Me and Pokemon ( I a never really sure why i chose this)
    I can somehow see it lit that cute. feelings being slowly realize.

I also think Dawn should only appear every now and then its much more exciting than a rather long boring extending of her appearance.
    It should be rare but high quality and brillant would be better.
    Last edited by dechirures; 29th September 2014 at 9:51 AM.
    Are flaws really bad? Because they are not perfect, they become worried. They don't stand still and instead move forward.
    After they become perfect, they will stand still.
    Incompleteness is the ideal.

New question:

Who do you thunk is the buggest threat to Pearkshipping?

for me no one is but if there is someone then its Amourshipping. So far its just serena but not from ash. But the writers are up to something. Tough it dosent seem like the writers like her as much as Dawn.

Kenny is a no cause The " Handsome " thing was only in the dub so that dosent count ( in jap she said " cool " to make him feel better ) . And as if that isnt enough then just think about this: Dawn left him like a Rejection note so NO!

so thats my toughts , what are yours? Come on Pearlshippers this thread is very in acctive!

Let's try not to involve other shippings since otherwise, we'll go off topic.

Who do you think is the biggest threat to Pearlshipping?

To me, it's their obliviousness. Both Ash and Dawn are pretty dense, especially Ash. The closest Dawn came to thinking about romantic relationships was when Lyra brought it up. However, her density showed up again when Kenny tried to ask Dawn to travel with him.
    Personal ratings of the anime

Original: 7/10
    Orange Islands: 7.5/10
    Johto: 7.25/10
    Advanced: 8.25/10
    Battle Frontier: 8.5/10
    Diamond & Pearl: 8.5/10
    Best Wishes: 3/10
    XY: 8.75/10 (Subject to be changed)

I will allow the talk of the other shippings but under two conditions, guys. I don't want to see any you bashing any ships whatsoever. That will not be tolerated and it will be punished. Also, it must related one way or another to Pearlshipping since that is the main topic here.

Okay? Does that seem fair?

Do any you see DP180 as a Pearlshipping hint? I do.

I know what you're thinking right now but seriously, just think about it. Dawn declined traveling with Kenny just so she could support Ash in the Sinnoh league, that's pretty big, if you ask me. I don't know if she felt like she had to because he supported her in the Grand Festival but yeah, I do think it's a Pearlshipping episode.

I just wanted to say this before I answer the topic.

I know a lot of people think it's Amourshipping but for me, it's both of their obliviousness.

We all know how dense Ash is, like seriously, when Meowth fell in love with a Glameow, he seriously had no idea what was actually going on. If he's literally that dense, there is literally no chance of him ever getting into a relationship unless he grows up and I don't see that happening anytime soon, given the anime's current state.

Now, Dawn's not as dense as Ash is but she's still pretty dense. The thought of love and relationships until Lyra mentioned something about it.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Sorry i didnt really mean to onvolve other shippings!

And good points above, i never really tought of that ( its there obliviousness ) and it sounds great. Now i dont see amour as a big threat.

By the way check this video out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSD...j7IAuFdsAn1IEw

This really fascinated me! this is a big hint!

Quote Originally Posted by ~SkyHigh~ View Post

I know what you're thinking right now but seriously, just think about it. Dawn declined traveling with Kenny just so she could support Ash in the Sinnoh league, that's pretty big, if you ask me. I don't know if she felt like she had to because he supported her in the Grand Festival but yeah, I do think it's a Pearlshipping episode.

I know a lot of people think it's Amourshipping but for me, it's both of their obliviousness.

We all know how dense Ash is, like seriously, when Meowth fell in love with a Glameow, he seriously had no idea what was actually going on. If he's literally that dense, there is literally no chance of him ever getting into a relationship unless he grows up and I don't see that happening anytime soon, given the anime's current state.

Now, Dawn's not as dense as Ash is but she's still pretty dense. The thought of love and relationships until Lyra mentioned something about it.
    I don't know. Even though they are oblivious (one is less than the other), it doesn't really affect how close Dawn and Ash are currently. I think the solution for that is have them alone more often. We saw how well they interacted, currently have the greatest dynamic. Maybe if there were less people interferences, there's a good chance. Though I would suspect the series would need (well, want) to be rated higher if romances are to be involved beyond the cute factor.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjagamer720 View Post
    Sorry i didnt really mean to onvolve other shippings!

And good points above, i never really tought of that ( its there obliviousness ) and it sounds great. Now i dont see amour as a big threat.

By the way check this video out : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSD...j7IAuFdsAn1IEw

This really fascinated me! this is a big hint!
    The video got taken down, but if anyone still wants to watch it, they can with this link:

https://b4887dae9066725ea5e2e2611338...nwaytrufin.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    How did you get into Pearlshipping?
    I got into Pearlshipping all because of Dawn's cameo in Rival Destinies. I asked myself, "How could anyone be this close with Ash? There's no way." But it was true. So after I watched the cameo I went back to enjoy all of the DP episodes and how it first started. After seeing their intimate interactions I became hooked.

I see DP180 as a Pearlshipping hint because Dawn basically chooses Kenny over Ash in the episode. Dawn also talks about how all she can think about is cheering on Ash, so it's a good hint on Dawn's part.

As for the biggest threat, I don't know. I would say either Misty or Serena for the girls. The boy threats would be Kenny (for his feelings for Dawn), Paul (for coming back in XY) , or Gary (for working with Professor Rowan)

The two songs I am going to say are unordinarily thought of as Pearlshipping. Even if they're not Pearl, they still remind me of them (Ash specifically)

"Be an Arrow" reminds of Pearlshipping because of the part where it says 'hikari'. (And Dawn's name is hikari) The line is: Even the "bright sun is hidden by the clouds sometimes
    But meetings will always bring light!" and if I'm correct hikari = light. Most importantly, it's Ash's VA who sang the OP. So in a way Ash is kind of singing about Dawn (light), and that's why Be an Arrow reminds me of Pearlshipping.

"Volt" reminds me of Pearlshipping for the same reason: Ash/the male singer sings about light (Dawn). I found it cool that in the original XY Japanese opening, it was on Ash's face right when he said 'hikari'. The line in the song is "there's only light ahead" so it makes it even better.

Since Ash sings about light in both songs, they remind me of Ash and Dawn.

But yeah, two songs that remind me of Pearlshipping.
    Last edited by Jknombricks; 6th October 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Defiantly both of their denseness. What I hope is that they realise what love is with each other without another character telling them about it otherwise, one of them could fall in love lol
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Oh i cant wait untill the day when dawn makes a cameo or is mentioned and then this thread will be blooming again! prevoius pearlshipper might even comeback after betraying us! i ll just have to wait

So, I think my previous post was erased because of the downtime so I'm gonna answer the topic all over again.

I also do believe that DP180 is more of a Pearlshippy episode then a Penguinshippy one. Dawn could have easily left and went with Kenny after he beat Ash in that battle but she stayed to cheer Ash on in the league. That is a pretty big hint for me, tbh.

Of course who's to say that she didn't travel with Kenny after DP ended.

What do you think is the biggest threat to Pearlshipping?

As of right now, I think their denseness is definitely the biggest threat to Pearlshipping. We all know how Ash is, he's as dense as they get. Dawn's not as bad as Ash is but she still is pretty dense. I strongly do believe that they both liked each other yes, like that but they didn't realize it before DP ended.

I kind of do think Serena might be a threat to Pearlshipping as well. She has a crush on Ash, that much is obvious.

That's true but I really like pearlshipping that the best kind of shipping I ever saw after Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and even the two new regions Univa and Kalos I strongly Know that Sinnoh is still my all time faveorite I whish I could see more hints though if Dawn makes a come back some day.

To answer the topic, the biggest threat that I felt to the Pearlshipping is their cluelessness. Its true that Ash and Dawn get along well. But due to their naivety, they have no idea what love is,but Dawn seems to know about a little more. I've noticed that Dawn might have feelings for Ash. Right now, the new threat to Pearlshipping is Ash's childhood friend, Serena. Due to the fact that she have a real crush on him.

Would it be nice if Ash would defend Dawn and Piplup's bond from Burgundy and her selfish demands? Its perfectly clear that Ash sees the bond between Dawn and Piplup during on his journey in Sinnoh.
    Last edited by Shego; 22nd October 2014 at 7:57 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306