Page 315 of 316 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316 LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 7898

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

  1. #7851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fjkpwek View Post
    Well, for me, I'm hoping at least a Candice cameo in Snowbelle City which i know would not probably happen. If Serena is really the "last" female-travelling companion for Ash, then I'm hoping that all of the other female "friends" of Ash return on a "backwards" manner. To be honest, I really like to see Dawn too.
    Been so long since I've been on here!
    I agree with your notion on the Candice cameo, that'd be a great reference to gen4. At the very least, I hope that when Ash ends his journey, he visits each of his previous companions, with Dawn being the last and in the end they go off in the distance holding hands. But that is probably just fantasy. For Dawn to return now they need contests. That is the only way they could incorporate Dawn without forcing her in

  2. #7852
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinypikachu15 View Post
    Been so long since I've been on here!
    I agree with your notion on the Candice cameo, that'd be a great reference to gen4. At the very least, I hope that when Ash ends his journey, he visits each of his previous companions, with Dawn being the last and in the end they go off in the distance holding hands. But that is probably just fantasy. For Dawn to return now they need contests. That is the only way they could incorporate Dawn without forcing her in
    Yep. For that to happen, we must wait until the new "Sinnoh game" appears. If she does appear, then I think that she's somehow related to Wulfric, not as in their relatives, maybe he's her mentor, or he's the one that drove her to be an ice type gym leader. Well, that's just my theory.
    Yes, the holding hands thing is just a fantasy, and I want to see that all of Ash's companions together in person and in animation.
    Maybe she could try entering Showcases in order to hone her skills for being a Coordinator. Or, if they really did bring the contests back, then, I hope she'll come back.

  3. #7853
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fjkpwek View Post
    Yep. For that to happen, we must wait until the new "Sinnoh game" appears. If she does appear, then I think that she's somehow related to Wulfric, not as in their relatives, maybe he's her mentor, or he's the one that drove her to be an ice type gym leader. Well, that's just my theory.
    Yes, the holding hands thing is just a fantasy, and I want to see that all of Ash's companions together in person and in animation.
    Maybe she could try entering Showcases in order to hone her skills for being a Coordinator. Or, if they really did bring the contests back, then, I hope she'll come back.
    Well contests were in ORAS... contest MAY have a shot in kalos. Especially if they decide to put it in for Z.
    I really do miss anime contests. I feel like nothing could replace them. They are as exiting to watch as battling, which the other alternate competitions don't really do. The fact that there are no in game counterparts to these anime only stuff also hurts these a lot...

  4. #7854
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    371

    Default

    ^ same, I really miss Contests as well. I like the idea of showcases and all but I really miss contests. They were always so exciting and I could easily see myself being a contest coordinator if I lived in the Pokemon world.

    I always a weird Pearlshipping headcanon. I always thought that Ash and Dawn did really have feelings for each other but never realized it until after DP ended. Now they're both in different regions but they're always on each other's mind and they can't wait to see each other again.

    Pearlshipping is still my favorite pairing. It's the only pairing that I truly fell in love with. Sure, I supported other pairings before Ash and Dawn even met but Pearl is the only one that I became a hardcore supporter of. It will always hold a very special place in my heart for that reason.

    I can't see any other pairing involving Ash or Dawn that will ever top Pearl, tbh.

  5. #7855
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victorian Rush View Post
    ^ same, I really miss Contests as well. I like the idea of showcases and all but I really miss contests. They were always so exciting and I could easily see myself being a contest coordinator if I lived in the Pokemon world.

    I always a weird Pearlshipping headcanon. I always thought that Ash and Dawn did really have feelings for each other but never realized it until after DP ended. Now they're both in different regions but they're always on each other's mind and they can't wait to see each other again.

    Pearlshipping is still my favorite pairing. It's the only pairing that I truly fell in love with. Sure, I supported other pairings before Ash and Dawn even met but Pearl is the only one that I became a hardcore supporter of. It will always hold a very special place in my heart for that reason.

    I can't see any other pairing involving Ash or Dawn that will ever top Pearl, tbh.
    Well maybe not ash (that remains to be seen really, I mean who knows who ash would travel with next) but dawn... yeah. If there ever will be someone else for her I have a feeling that he'll be VERY similar to ash... ash is basically the only charecter that I can actually see dawn with.

  6. #7856
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBraveGallade View Post
    Well maybe not ash (that remains to be seen really, I mean who knows who ash would travel with next) but dawn... yeah. If there ever will be someone else for her I have a feeling that he'll be VERY similar to ash... ash is basically the only charecter that I can actually see dawn with.
    Me too, since he's the person Dawn is closest too, not Kenny and Paul.

  7. #7857
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mauville City
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Hey guys, remember me? Don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong? I just want to drop by and say hi as well as a couple of things.

    First, happy holidays to you all. Hope it's been great for all of you.

    Second, I was watching the episodes from BW where Dawn came back a couple of days ago and I couldn't help it but I miss Dawn more and more each day. Pearlshipping is still my favorite pairing and if it wasn't for this pairing, I wouldn't be here now. This is the first shipping I ever truly supported and it will always be my anime OTP. I just love this pairing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fjkpwek View Post
    Me too, since he's the person Dawn is closest too, not Kenny and Paul.
    I defintiely have to agree with this. Dawn didn't seem to be as close to anyone else as she was with Ash. It's also the same with Ash as well, if you ask me. Ash has never been as close to any of his other female traveling companions as he was with Dawn.

    Honestly, they just seemed inseparable during DP.

  8. #7858
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    First of all...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
    Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    Hey guys, remember me? Don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong? I just want to drop by and say hi as well as a couple of things.

    First, happy holidays to you all. Hope it's been great for all of you.

    Second, I was watching the episodes from BW where Dawn came back a couple of days ago and I couldn't help it but I miss Dawn more and more each day. Pearlshipping is still my favorite pairing and if it wasn't for this pairing, I wouldn't be here now. This is the first shipping I ever truly supported and it will always be my anime OTP. I just love this pairing.



    I defintiely have to agree with this. Dawn didn't seem to be as close to anyone else as she was with Ash. It's also the same with Ash as well, if you ask me. Ash has never been as close to any of his other female traveling companions as he was with Dawn.

    Honestly, they just seemed inseparable during DP.
    Yeah at the end of the sinnoh league i was like "WHAT! ALREADY!" Because ash always had a post league adventure with his companions before. It seemed a bit... short.
    At least its sort of understandable, considering dawn's dreams and ambitions are as strong as ash's

  9. #7859
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hello people, been a long time since I posted here !

    I just checked the hints all people are pointing out concerning Pearlshipping, and there's one I never saw which I find pretty important ! It's in all the japanese openings of DP. When there's the introducing text for the series. In DP, the text says precisely :

    "The mysterious creatures of this planet, Pocket Monsters... Shortly, Pokemon ! Now, the story of Satoshi and Hikari and Pokemon, their meeting, adventures, and battles is about to begin !"
    Whereas in EVERY other arc, only Ash and Pokemon are mentioned, just search on youtube the openings. So there it is, a new question for you pearlshippers !
    What do you think of that hint ? Do you find it important regarding Pearlshipping ?

  10. #7860
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiranaphy View Post
    Hello people, been a long time since I posted here !

    I just checked the hints all people are pointing out concerning Pearlshipping, and there's one I never saw which I find pretty important ! It's in all the japanese openings of DP. When there's the introducing text for the series. In DP, the text says precisely :

    "The mysterious creatures of this planet, Pocket Monsters... Shortly, Pokemon ! Now, the story of Satoshi and Hikari and Pokemon, their meeting, adventures, and battles is about to begin !"
    Whereas in EVERY other arc, only Ash and Pokemon are mentioned, just search on youtube the openings. So there it is, a new question for you pearlshippers !
    What do you think of that hint ? Do you find it important regarding Pearlshipping ?
    Holy crap. I didn't know that!

    Well more proof that DP had dawn as a co-star with ash instead of just a partner like in the other reigions

  11. #7861
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Wow, that thread is sinking, but i hope this is only temporary. Anyway, here I come back !

    Well then, another question about our favorite shipping ! But first, some reminders :

    You all know about Ash's Aipom, who was captured in Kanto and Dawn's Buizel who was captured in the earlier times of DP. As far as we all know, Dawn is the only girl Ash traded a Pokemon with, and after the trade, Aipom left but Buizel remained and is know at Prof. Oak's laboratory. So I think we can all say that Buizel is like a "Pokemon-like part of Dawn left near Ash" (If Ash would have to introduce Buizel to someone he didn't know, he would surely talk about Dawn, he even talked about Piplup only by seeing a bunch of them in Kalos).

    So here's the question !

    What do you think of Buizel being Ash's Pokemon and Dawn's former Pokemon ? Do you consider it like an "insurance" of Pearlshipping ?

    In my opinion, few people see things like this, but Buizel is definitely one of the proofs of Pearlshipping. Ash surely has something to remember him of every of his friends, but nothing could be as strong as to remember someone by having his/her former Pokemon, and we all know how Ash loves Pokemon. I know Buizel doesn't travel with Ash now, but even though, he's the alive link between Ash and Dawn, even ahead Piplup and Pikachu friendship, because it's concrete. Even if Ash forgets Dawn and wants to go after another girl (well, no many hopes for him to go after a girl anyways #joke), Buizel will always be here to remind him of his Sinnoh partner.

    EDIT : People may think i'm mean to Pikachu+Piplup Friendship, but in no ways I am, since I actually like the song "Surely tomorrow" (a must-see by every pearlshipper)
    Last edited by Jiranaphy; 15th February 2016 at 10:10 PM.

  12. #7862
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I'm still not a fan of Serebii forums but I'm trying to warm up to it.

    Hi! I've been a Pearlshipper for two years now, hiding within Pearlshipping Vault for the last year. I so far made one fanfic of Pearlshipping, but intend to make more and I get annoyed when people dismiss this ship due to their friendship.

    I do believe that the trade is a supportive factor towards Pearlshipping.
    Hey can I join the family thing?

  13. #7863
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    WA.
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Hello everyone. I've been debating joining for a awhile, but decided to join lol. As to why, I'm just more a palletshipping (ash & gary) and appealshipping (zoey & dawn) fan. Though as a multishipper, I found myself liking pearlshipping as well.

    Out of the main girl ships, I like pearlshipping the most. No offense to other shippers, but pokeshipping imho would not work out. advanceshipping is okay, but I like contestshipping better. Negaishipping is alright,but I can't see their chemistry being stronger than ash & dawn, and... I just don't get the appeal of amourshipping as it seems way too one-sided, and ash does not seem to enjoy her company as much as his other complains he had.

    Ok so why I like pearlshipping: I thought it was cool ash was invested in dawns dream as dawn was in his, how they helped each other in their respected goals, how connected they seemed, are their for each other, how well they get along, and how they helped one another when needed.

    So for the topic at hand: that makes sense. Yes, it would seem ash is connected with dawn more than the other pokegirls at this point due that ash is still in possession of buizel. As for that makes it more canon than the other pokegirls, no I wouldn't say that, since I don't think nothing will be for certain in the anime.
    Weep, and you'll weep alone...
    ...laugh, and the whole world laughs too!



    Thanks secret santa!

  14. #7864
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Welcome Houndoom fan.

    I'm definitely inclined to agree with you. Ash and Misty argued wayyy too much for me to see them together. Advanceshipping is okay but Ash and May had more of a student/teacher type relationship. Negaishipping is my least favorite, I hated how Iris always used to call Ash a child. And Amourshipping is a pairing that I can't get into, no matter how hard I try. I normally love shippings between childhood friends but Amour just doesn't do it for me.

    Ash and Dawn had such a unique bond. They were always so close during DP, more closr than Ash was to any of his other female companions. And lets not forget about the cheerleading oufit Dawn wore some of his gum battles. No one has went to such lengths jusy to cheer him on.

    That is why Ash and Dawn are meant to be together, IMO.

  15. #7865
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    I think this video proofs that Ash and Dawn can be a good couple:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx20vlETKXY

  16. #7866
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    210

    Default

    i hope that in te 7 generation we have a diamond and Pearl remakes


    Dragon Ball Forever!!

    Pearlshipping Forever!!

    Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  17. #7867
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Well... considering that sun and moon were announced... maybe not gen 7. I want sinnoh to be on the next gen console and look absolutely STUNNING.

  18. #7868
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default Hey there :) ;445;

    Hey there
    I just found this Forum and wanted to write here something in, as well.
    First, I would like to get a member so I guess I should tell why I like Pearshipping.
    I like it because I think that it´s the most realistic one. In my opinion Misty seemed more like his older sister, I don´t know. She probably was the first female character there, and they included hints like in every other anime. I bet they didm´t expect Pokemon to get that popular so they hadn´t planned more girls. Every anime needed a love story so they put it all to Misty. That´s my theory, so I don´t think that Pokeshipping is going to be a real thing. I do like May but Contestshipping seems more realistic then Advance. An Iris was all the time complaining how childish As is, didn´t she?
    Amourshipping seems like the maker wanted to stamp some romantic, or whatever in the anime. I like the idea but Serena seems aside from this romantic-part needless. I am sorry to say that but she has no importance. She is... there, and likes Ash. Thats it.
    I don´t know how they´ve planned it but Pearlshipping is the most realistic one. Love starts always with friendship. They are like best friends. So the may get a couple one day. We´ll get to know.

    I do have a new question to all of you.

    Do you think Ash will actually get a girlfriend, or a future wife?

    I hope this treat ´ll get popular again.

  19. #7869
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oOMarliesOo View Post
    Hey there
    I just found this Forum and wanted to write here something in, as well.
    First, I would like to get a member so I guess I should tell why I like Pearshipping.
    I like it because I think that it´s the most realistic one. In my opinion Misty seemed more like his older sister, I don´t know. She probably was the first female character there, and they included hints like in every other anime. I bet they didm´t expect Pokemon to get that popular so they hadn´t planned more girls. Every anime needed a love story so they put it all to Misty. That´s my theory, so I don´t think that Pokeshipping is going to be a real thing. I do like May but Contestshipping seems more realistic then Advance. An Iris was all the time complaining how childish As is, didn´t she?
    Amourshipping seems like the maker wanted to stamp some romantic, or whatever in the anime. I like the idea but Serena seems aside from this romantic-part needless. I am sorry to say that but she has no importance. She is... there, and likes Ash. Thats it.
    I don´t know how they´ve planned it but Pearlshipping is the most realistic one. Love starts always with friendship. They are like best friends. So the may get a couple one day. We´ll get to know.

    I do have a new question to all of you.

    Do you think Ash will actually get a girlfriend, or a future wife?

    I hope this treat ´ll get popular again.
    Ah finally someone commented so I have fuel for commenting.

    Serena... even after all this pokemon performer stuff still does not seem to have a lot of charecter outside the crush thing. My enjoyment of XY(Z) as one of best is mostly due to the focus on bonnie.

    Contest? Eh for me... advanced sticks a bit more than contest so.

    Dawn seemed to have the most natural and complimentory relationship with ash.

  20. #7870
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    WA.
    Posts
    107

    Default

    I agree Serena's character is not interesting. She's mostly liked now due to her 'development' of finding a goal. All the other pokegirls had more to them than a crush and goal, so Serena is really disappointing to me.

    Do you think Ash will actually get a girlfriend, or a future wife?
    If he does, then the writers are more than likely going to go the lazy or the least shitstorm causing route. Ether they end with misty (which also seems unlikely if what I heard that the writer himself said was true that misty & ash where friends & nothing more) or final female companion that ends with the show. Or just show ash's kid rushing off to get his/her first Pokemon with the mother a mystery.

    But so far, the most sense imo from how it would look natural would be with Anabel or dawn.

    Anabel as she got along well with ash (like dawn) but also she did have some feelings for ash.

    Dawn would be more likely as she was not just part of an arc and spent more time with ash. Though why her besides the other pokegirls is:
    Misty: I just can not see a healthy relationship here. Brock had to come between to stop most of their arguments and they rarlely saw eye to eye.

    May: just seemed purely student-teacher. They mostly focused on their goals, with support here and there. But they did not seem so close as dawn did with ash or even Iris.

    Iris: ok well it wouldn't be odd. They got along well enough and showed they enjoyed each other's company, as well as showing some possible interest from iris's side (her gaze in I believe ash's first isshu's gym battle). Though their friendship seemed to lack a bit compared to ash and dawn who shared moves and traded Pokemon.

    Serena: it would seem just as random as Harry/Ginny really. Serena (like Ginny for Harry for like the first half of the series) is the only one showing interest in ash. Ash is just being nice. The thing is, ash has shown no interest in spending alone time with her, like he did spend alone time with all the other pokegirls + Anabel. If ash suddenly liked Serena (more than a friend), it would seem as odd as when Harry suddenly wanted Ginny (ok a bit better as we've at least been shown some time spent with ash and Serena but still). I mean he wanted to train instead of doing a poke video to help Serena to do a video for the first time and left Serena instead of getting gifts together.

    who I'd like ash to end up with if I could might be a different story altogether though >)
    Weep, and you'll weep alone...
    ...laugh, and the whole world laughs too!



    Thanks secret santa!

  21. #7871
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mauville City
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Guys, lets try not to talk about Serena and her goal in the Pearlshipping thread, k?

    Do you think Ash will actually get a girlfriend, or a future wife?

    Yeah, I do. But I do think Ash is going to grow up before he gets a girlfriend. Right now, he's too dense and he hardly ever thinks about that. I can't see them exploring ships with Ash right now. Once he wins a league and acheives his dream, I would think he would finally settle down and get a girlfriend. But that's not going to happen anytime soon, given the anime's current state.

    But that's just what I think. And yeah, I think Dawn would be perfect for him haha :P

  22. #7872
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hey there
    It´s nice to see that there are more people that write in here now, I totally agree with all of you but I don´t think that Ash´s time is going to come to an end in the near future. Replacing Ash would ruin the viewer quotes so I guess he ´ll be in Sun&Moon there as well. I wonder if Dawn get´s a canon in x and y or in Sun&Moon. She might return in S&M because we expect a remake of DP in the 7. Generation so it seems legit that she could come back there. What du sou think?
    And Houndoomfan you said that the maker said that Ash and Misty are just friends. Do you know of similar interviews about Dawn/Serena?
    But in my opinion the maker gave us enough reasons to love Pearlshipping. Just think about High Five you know this song in the japanese version. I have no clue why it didn't get translated in english it´s an effrontery...
    So, next question:
    Do you think that Dawn returns someday again?

  23. #7873
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oOMarliesOo View Post
    Hey there
    It´s nice to see that there are more people that write in here now, I totally agree with all of you but I don´t think that Ash´s time is going to come to an end in the near future. Replacing Ash would ruin the viewer quotes so I guess he ´ll be in Sun&Moon there as well. I wonder if Dawn get´s a canon in x and y or in Sun&Moon. She might return in S&M because we expect a remake of DP in the 7. Generation so it seems legit that she could come back there. What du sou think?
    And Houndoomfan you said that the maker said that Ash and Misty are just friends. Do you know of similar interviews about Dawn/Serena?
    But in my opinion the maker gave us enough reasons to love Pearlshipping. Just think about High Five you know this song in the japanese version. I have no clue why it didn't get translated in english it´s an effrontery...
    So, next question:
    Do you think that Dawn returns someday again?
    I don't think gen 7 (if it really is) will have a DP remake due to the inevitable next gen handheld coming out at least in 2017. So... no dawn in S&M anime (that sounds really suggestive but... oh well).

  24. #7874
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoundoomFan View Post

    who I'd like ash to end up with if I could might be a different story altogether though >)
    ALTOgerher? I see what you did there...

    Considering the MASSIVE amount of dawn fans in japan I think we will se dawn more in the future, especially if they keep bringing back contests in the main series and this trend leaks to the anime

  25. #7875
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5

    Default :)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBraveGallade View Post
    ALTOgerher? I see what you did there...

    Considering the MASSIVE amount of dawn fans in japan I think we will se dawn more in the future, especially if they keep bringing back contests in the main series and this trend leaks to the anime
    There were neither contests in BW, nevertheless Dawn appeared. The least Problems are the missing contests. And why not to get a remake of DP? The games get 9 years old this year. (Rediculous how the Time Passes by^^)
    Returning Dawn in XY won't be the best idea. Especially if you think that Even if there were a Kind of a fight between Dawn and Serena, who will leave after some episodes and WHO ist going to stay with Ash? Did you get it? ^^
    So better for Dawn to Come back later ^^
    Who shares my opinion? ^^

Page 315 of 316 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •