Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317
Results 7,901 to 7,922 of 7922

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

I see no images in the fanart section anymore.

Well... *sigh* I wish the pearlshipping community contained a bit more artists. I mean, pearl is the second most popular ash ship and we have much less of a fanart/fiction output compared to poke and advancedshipers...

There's also a lack of good pearlshipping stories out there as well. Most of the good ones are from 2 or more years ago. It also still suprises me that people can ship Ash and Misty together, with how those two argue all the time it's hard to believe that one would fall for the other.
    No need to worry!
    Dawn will live on in our hearts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToSucc View Post
    There's also a lack of good pearlshipping stories out there as well. Most of the good ones are from 2 or more years ago. It also still suprises me that people can ship Ash and Misty together, with how those two argue all the time it's hard to believe that one would fall for the other.
    To be fair, I could see how pokeshipping cound work, but thats mostly due to the number of good pokeshippping fics, not for cannon matirial.

Yeah most pearlshipping fanfics these days hare either compleated before XY, on hiatus, updates REALLY slowly or just terrible.
    status on filters for a ship(granted some fics slip through the cracks):
    pokeshipping:576
    advanced:226
    pearl:162
    negai:39
    amour:449(!!!! beating the backlog of 10 years forth of poke is impressive...)

yeah... we need fore pearlship content creators.

If anyone is capable of understanding what it's like to see a ship they like not having much these days to read, view, etc., it's me. And it's sad to see that Pearl is losing popularity over the last year. It's not my OTP, but I like it the best of all the main shippings.
    It's not a good idea to get too emotionally invested in the repetitive 20-year-old commercial that markets the Pokemon games. Be invested in the actual Pokemon games instead!

It's been a while since I came here but hello all and I would like to say this never give up hope pearlshippers even when everything seemes bad right now. I think that soon pearlshiping will become strong and popular again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris the ash fan View Post
    It's been a while since I came here but hello all and I would like to say this never give up hope pearlshippers even when everything seemes bad right now. I think that soon pearlshiping will become strong and popular again.
    If Dawn was still around to give us more hints then i could see Pearlshipping becoming popular again.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    If anyone is capable of understanding what it's like to see a ship they like not having much these days to read, view, etc., it's me. And it's sad to see that Pearl is losing popularity over the last year. It's not my OTP, but I like it the best of all the main shippings.
    Hell it seems like ALTOshipping of all things is getting revived in the past two years or so thanks to arceus-master's a new chance series. Not that I don't like it, in fact it is my #2 ash ship but still... I really do not like just how much of a hit pearl took when amour came around. Every ash ship did, but by the end of BW only the most steadfast pokeshippers and advancedshippers were left, so they didn't take that big of a hit. And it seems like this forum is only being alive via a handful of people...

I think, for the most part, many people kinda have moved on from Pokemon generally...I can only speak for myself, but honestly, I haven't really thought about this place in maybe a few years or so (sorry).

You are right though; it's just that there hasn't been any kind of new news for Dawn (game or anime, as well as even Cynthia), so there hasn't been anything to get terribly excited about. If there was anything to do with Sinnoh, then maybe even some speculation can occur.

For me, I guess I thought of this place recently, honestly, because of the new Pokemon Go game. Because of it, I rewatched a few of the DP episodes and was wondering if there was any new news on the Diamond and Pearl saga/reboot/or whatever (because if that happened, maybe some Dawn and pearlshipping speculation!). It certainly has been nice to see that this thread still exists and people still think about it!

The new game is certainly creating some buzz, and hopefully it'll revive some people's thoughts and stuff. That's what happened to me.

But back to one of the questions I have about one of the episodes I rewatched...I'm sure I could go back through the archives and see those opinions then, but maybe some of those changed in the few years.

It is about (probably one of the most discussed episodes here) DP180 "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" As I was rewatching it, obviously in my opinion, it was a great pearlshipping episode because ultimately, Dawn chose to stay with Ash (though it's BS he lost to him xD ). I just wonder though: why did she keep what happened between she and Kenny from Ash?

It might be a question I've asked in the past...I don't remember, but after watching the episode, it got me thinking. I guess she didn't want to burden Ash when he was concentrating on the League? Obviously, Ash, prone as he does, is too busy concentrating on Pokemon and battling Flint.

Maybe what happened between them wasn't important enough to tell Ash? (that's almost putting penguinshipping down?) In the episode, she had been a bit down as she was trying to figure out her situation.

I dunno; I'm trying to figure out why she wouldn't tell Ash. Those two seemed like they were in sync and they knew everything about each other (hence why I like/liked pearlshipping so much! =) ) Maybe this was pertinent years ago xD, but because of Pokemon Go, I watched it again and had been wondering again.

Again, it's nice to know this place is up and running. Hopefully the new upcoming games can breathe a little more life in this place!

EDIT: Now thinking about it some more. She did kind of panic when she switched sides from Paul to Ash in that one episode. Maybe she wants to make sure Ash knows she has her full support behind him! (Another point for pearlshipping!)
    Last edited by fireball20; 25th July 2016 at 7:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireball20 View Post
    I think, for the most part, many people kinda have moved on from Pokemon generally...I can only speak for myself, but honestly, I haven't really thought about this place in maybe a few years or so (sorry).

You are right though; it's just that there hasn't been any kind of new news for Dawn (game or anime, as well as even Cynthia), so there hasn't been anything to get terribly excited about. If there was anything to do with Sinnoh, then maybe even some speculation can occur.

For me, I guess I thought of this place recently, honestly, because of the new Pokemon Go game. Because of it, I rewatched a few of the DP episodes and was wondering if there was any new news on the Diamond and Pearl saga/reboot/or whatever (because if that happened, maybe some Dawn and pearlshipping speculation!). It certainly has been nice to see that this thread still exists and people still think about it!

The new game is certainly creating some buzz, and hopefully it'll revive some people's thoughts and stuff. That's what happened to me.

But back to one of the questions I have about one of the episodes I rewatched...I'm sure I could go back through the archives and see those opinions then, but maybe some of those changed in the few years.

It is about (probably one of the most discussed episodes here) DP180 "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" As I was rewatching it, obviously in my opinion, it was a great pearlshipping episode because ultimately, Dawn chose to stay with Ash (though it's BS he lost to him xD ). I just wonder though: why did she keep what happened between she and Kenny from Ash?

It might be a question I've asked in the past...I don't remember, but after watching the episode, it got me thinking. I guess she didn't want to burden Ash when he was concentrating on the League? Obviously, Ash, prone as he does, is too busy concentrating on Pokemon and battling Flint.

Maybe what happened between them wasn't important enough to tell Ash? (that's almost putting penguinshipping down?) In the episode, she had been a bit down as she was trying to figure out her situation.

I dunno; I'm trying to figure out why she wouldn't tell Ash. Those two seemed like they were in sync and they knew everything about each other (hence why I like/liked pearlshipping so much! =) ) Maybe this was pertinent years ago xD, but because of Pokemon Go, I watched it again and had been wondering again.

Again, it's nice to know this place is up and running. Hopefully the new upcoming games can breathe a little more life in this place!

EDIT: Now thinking about it some more. She did kind of panic when she switched sides from Paul to Ash in that one episode. Maybe she wants to make sure Ash knows she has her full support behind him! (Another point for pearlshipping!)
    Well, at lest we don't have to wait as long: sinnoh is next on the list of games for GF to remake, And I think it'll happen within four years.

I really hope Dawn comes back, but I know the chances are slim to none. She had the best interaction with Ash imo. Serena just doesn't cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    I really hope Dawn comes back, but I know the chances are slim to none. She had the best interaction with Ash imo. Serena just doesn't cut it for me.
    Same here

As for Pearlshipping's popularity it has declined over the past years mostly due to the fact that almost half of them jumped to the Amourshipping bandwagon as soon as XY started. I know it probably won't happen but i hope maybe in honor of the Sinnoh Remakes Ash goes to the Sinnoh battle frontier and maybe see Dawn again or possibly travel with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu979 View Post
    Same here

As for Pearlshipping's popularity it has declined over the past years mostly due to the fact that almost half of them jumped to the Amourshipping bandwagon as soon as XY started. I know it probably won't happen but i hope maybe in honor of the Sinnoh Remakes Ash goes to the Sinnoh battle frontier and maybe see Dawn again or possibly travel with him.
    I would love a Gen 4 remake, then the possibility of a battle frontier saga could actually happen. It would be pretty cool if Ash went back to Sinnoh to challenge the Elite four in the battle pyramid, Dawn could also get her second chance at winning the Wallace Cup, which would mean more Ash and Dawn interactions. I would support amourshipping more IF she stopped being so shy around him and tried to develop a better relationship. I get that it's because she has a crush on him and has a more reserved personality, but idk it just doesn't seem like she'll be able to break through his thick skull anytime soon. Maybe if she followed him to the Alola region, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by BornToSucc; 30th July 2016 at 7:02 PM.
    No need to worry!
    Dawn will live on in our hearts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToSucc View Post
    I would love a Gen 4 remake, then the possibility of a battle frontier saga could actually happen. It would be pretty cool if Ash went back to Sinnoh to challenge the Elite four in the battle pyramid, Dawn could also get her second chance at winning the Wallace Cup, which would mean more Ash and Dawn interactions. I would support amourshipping more IF she stopped being so shy around him and tried to develop a better relationship. I get that it's because she has a crush on him and has a more reserved personality, but idk it just doesn't seem like she'll be able to break through his thick skull anytime soon. Maybe if she followed him to the Alola region, but I doubt it.
    GF said that the battle frontier isn't returning because it was "too hard", and it didn't return in ORAS. I agree with you, Serena is too shy for that ship to go anywhere, and Ash is barely close to her at all unlike he was with the previous companions (especially dawn).

This ship will always be my fav in my opinion.

I always thought the relationship/friendship between Ash and Dawn was always so spontaneous. They always supported as well as challenged each other. They were equals. They always enjoyed each other's company, and although, it might not have been romantic per se, I always thought it could easily turn that way if they chose it to be. Like if Ash and/or Dawn won the Sinnoh League/Grand Festival, a simple hug (again, it wouldn't sound farfetched to me) or a high five right after the win...they would wonder (as well as the crowd and tv), and then possibly explore a relationship past friendship.

In this way...with every episode, I always found it super fun to speculate if and when pearlshipping would happen. And that's why I think this ship will always be my fav ship. It's just fun!

I haven't kept up with any of Kalos. I've seen an episode here and there and most recently the one with Jimmy and his pikachu. The difference, in my opinion, is that amourshipping seems heavily one-sided. I get it; Serena likes Ash...the writers seem to tease that fact any chance they get and it seems to be a reoccurring theme. I'm sure it's probably because I haven't seen too many episodes, but it doesn't feel as mutual and nearly as fun as my OTP.

I say this all of this now, because I wonder how the anime will turn with the new games. In my opinion, the timing might be as good as it has ever been to turn a new leaf for the anime. With all of the game news being that it's really different from past games, I would not be surprised if they chose to "end" Ash's saga.

That being said...I guess I'd be happy if any ship would turn canon-ish. I'm sure it'll be heavily implied but still quite ambiguous. It would be super awesome to see everyone one last time!

[SPOILER]One of the things I held my pearlshipping hat on, was that, with Dawn, Ash got the furthest he's ever been before. That seems to be no longer the case, but it was nice to know. [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by fireball20; 4th August 2016 at 6:30 AM. Reason: spoiler tag didn't tag

Yeah, I'm one of those people who had moved on from Pokemon in general. But then I was reminded why I like it. So now I'm back in for the long haul, haha.

When XY came out, I was supporting both ships but it was just too one-sided for me as well. With Ash and Dawn it feels a lot more mutual. Like they're best friends who have feelings for each other but that they're both just too dense to realize it. I've always loved that though. It makes them an even cuter couple to me. And yeah I would love for Dawn to come back when/if the DP remakes come out. Though honestly if that happens I think it'll just be a Lyra situation.

Now, I would like to ask a question. What made you into a pearlshipper? Not what your favorite moment was, but what started it?

For me it was when Dawn first did her cheerleading thing for her Ash. I thought it was really cute how she went to such lengths to cheer him on. Also that first high five they had during Dawn's first contest (I really love the high fives). Those are what awoke the pearlshipper in me, haha.
    Check out my original story: Forbidden Book
    http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3163587/1/Forbidden-Book

[IMG]http://sngk.net/upioUz/img1[/IMG]
    A Saga of pain, love, and revenge

Quote Originally Posted by XY Rules View Post
    Yeah, I'm one of those people who had moved on from Pokemon in general. But then I was reminded why I like it. So now I'm back in for the long haul, haha.

When XY came out, I was supporting both ships but it was just too one-sided for me as well. With Ash and Dawn it feels a lot more mutual. Like they're best friends who have feelings for each other but that they're both just too dense to realize it. I've always loved that though. It makes them an even cuter couple to me. And yeah I would love for Dawn to come back when/if the DP remakes come out. Though honestly if that happens I think it'll just be a Lyra situation.

Now, I would like to ask a question. What made you into a pearlshipper? Not what your favorite moment was, but what started it?

For me it was when Dawn first did her cheerleading thing for her Ash. I thought it was really cute how she went to such lengths to cheer him on. Also that first high five they had during Dawn's first contest (I really love the high fives). Those are what awoke the pearlshipper in me, haha.
    Mine was I guess when I realized when I first realized that they were equals in the anime. I was expecting it to mostly be an ash focused trip with a bit of the other charecters. But as well as being so much like ash at the start (having trouble with the starter, having a clear and ambition dream that would take a lot of effort from the beguinning) is when I really startred rooting for this ship.

I really wonder where dawn is at the moment. hmm, lets take the time to track down alll of ash's companions, shall we?

misty- at cerulean gym, duh.
    tracy- at oak's lab, duh
    may- the last we saw her she was in johto halfway through, and she already did kanto and hoenn's contest circuts. that leaves only sinnoh if contests are concerned...
    dawn- she went to hoenn at the end of DP, then went to JOHTO after her BW cameo.
    brock- johto, pokemon docter in training
    iris- johto after BW, battles clair.
    cilan- johto. even meets brock!

is it just me or is EVERYONE in johto? wtf? ash better go there for a visit...

Quote Originally Posted by XY Rules View Post

What started it for me was when I first read the lyrics for High Touch, But before then I did like the concept of Pearlshipping i just didn't ship it as hard.

Well Pearlshippings decrease is after all because of amourshipping but I can't help but think that when XYZ is over that people will get off the hype train and go back to what they find cute and a good shipping, after all half of every shipping community lost half of it's shippers who jumped on the bandwagon.

Let's hope for the best, I'm current re reading pearlshipping fics so if anyone knows a fic which is kinda long I would love to read it!
    Pearlshipper 4 life!!!
    Can accept amourshipping If somehow pearlshipping dosent become canon!

Love the Diamond and Pearl anime and The games! ( love all the games but DP has a special place )
    Favorite companion : DAWN!!! <3

Dislike :
    IKARISHIPPING JUST NO!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN THEM!
    IkariShipping was just created cause of the Pearlshipping threat!
    Penguinshipping just dont like Kenny. He is to Damn anoying!

Lucario is My favorite Pokemon!

well, Dawn will not return for SM anime but still it remains the hope for DP remakes and eventually a new cameo of Dawn at least
    Last edited by UDI; 18th September 2016 at 12:36 AM.

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by UDI View Post
    well, Dawn will not return for SM anime but still it remains the hope for DP remakes and eventually a new cameo of Dawn
    Oops, I shouldn't be here. I thought this was Amourshipping ROFL.

Anyway, Hi
    Hawlucha, The John Cena Pokémon. When Hawlucha uses Taunt, he becomes invisible so You Can't See Him!

the next Wednesday, the DP games and anime and of course pearlshipping fulfill 10th anniversary

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317