Page 318 of 320 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320 LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 7977

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

  1. #7926
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    It is. If Ash and Dawn were not so dense, then Pearlshipping has a legitimate chance. The interactions feel more natural and genuine, and as a friend Ash and Dawn is really close.
    Yep.
    Pearlshipping is still the best IMO even if its really dead at this point (Or maybe not. Sinnoh confirmed FTW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

  2. #7927
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Well yea that episode hurt alot. The thing that i hate most is that the writers could have wrote Serena's character so much better. The base of her character was that she was supposed to have
    a crush on Ash, NOTHING MORE. And ofcourse people just hoped on the "amourshipping" bandwagon so that they could be satisfied for once. That's the worst thing about amour, it's nothing special.

    We all support Pearlshipping cause we like the bond between Ash and Dawn, their personalities match, they have great trust and more. But amourshipping is liked cause it has an actual chance of being
    canon. I just hope that the future writers use this trick in the future so that people will understand that it was nothing special and just the writers trying to get good ratings! Nevertheless the XYZ series was amazing!

    About Pearlshipping now, is it dead? By a million miles it is!
    If Dawn ever returns and we get mature writers like in the XYZ series then they might just pull of another trick like this. I mean if Ash ever grow up he's not gonna be as
    dense as he is now and ofcourse traveling with someone like Dawn might trigger some feelings to bloom. As for Dawn, Ash is alot like her so it would be easy for her to start liking Ash.
    I personally think that the writers were gonna make Dawn have a crush on Ash but then trashed the idea cause of the young audience. If even one of them starts to develop feelings
    for the other, Pearlshipping will overtake other shippings easily!

    Because it already used to and have such a large fanbase, then there are those who will hop on to the bandwagon and start supporting Pearlshipping! Let's just say that the one ship that the last
    writer of Pokemon likes, will be the winner. It's as simple as that
    Pearlshipper 4 life!!!
    Can accept amourshipping If somehow pearlshipping dosent become canon!

    Love the Diamond and Pearl anime and The games! ( love all the games but DP has a special place )
    Favorite companion : DAWN!!! <3

    Dislike :
    IKARISHIPPING JUST NO!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN THEM!
    IkariShipping was just created cause of the Pearlshipping threat!
    Penguinshipping just dont like Kenny. He is to Damn anoying!

    Lucario is My favorite Pokemon!

  3. #7928
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    222

    Default

    well based on SM leaks i can say that the 7th generation have big chances to have DP remakes, so Dawn eventually can return to anime (for a while at the least)


    Dragon Ball Forever!!

    Pearlshipping Forever!!

    Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  4. #7929
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDI View Post
    well based on SM leaks i can say that the 7th generation have big chances to have DP remakes, so Dawn eventually can return to anime (for a while at the least)
    Hmm I won't be so hopeful tho we had ORAS remakes and May didn't even got referenced
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

  5. #7930
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    Hmm I won't be so hopeful tho we had ORAS remakes and May didn't even got referenced
    Is a different case because to promote ORAS in the anime introduced Sawyer a rival of Hoenn (Ash dont have a main rival in AG) there is also the mega evolution special part 3 (where featured groudon and kyogre)

    also Dawn is bit more popular than May in Japan, that could help to a eventual Dawn's cameo


    Dragon Ball Forever!!

    Pearlshipping Forever!!

    Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  6. #7931
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDI View Post
    Is a different case because to promote ORAS in the anime introduced Sawyer a rival of Hoenn (Ash dont have a main rival in AG) there is also the mega evolution special part 3 (where featured groudon and kyogre)

    also Dawn is bit more popular than May in Japan, that could help to a eventual Dawn's cameo
    Yeah there's that but I'll hold my breath until it releases
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

  7. #7932
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Alola region
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    i would literally be the happiest person alive if dawn came back to the show. though i doubt that it'll happen, it was cool to see her piplup get referenced in xy. i'll prob wait until dp remakes are announced before making further speculation on her.

  8. #7933
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Diamond and Pearl will probably get remakes but i still dont think that dawn will comeback because of that, afterall May didn't.

    Funny thing in hawaii (basically the alola region) there is Pearlharbor and Diamond head peak! Just a reason to why i am
    pretty sure they will be getting remakes
    Pearlshipper 4 life!!!
    Can accept amourshipping If somehow pearlshipping dosent become canon!

    Love the Diamond and Pearl anime and The games! ( love all the games but DP has a special place )
    Favorite companion : DAWN!!! <3

    Dislike :
    IKARISHIPPING JUST NO!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING GOING ON BETWEEN THEM!
    IkariShipping was just created cause of the Pearlshipping threat!
    Penguinshipping just dont like Kenny. He is to Damn anoying!

    Lucario is My favorite Pokemon!

  9. #7934
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    So I have a question because I legitimately don't understand this about PearlShipping. I know that High Touch is the crown jewel of this entire thing. But why isn't more attention given to Ice Cream Syndrome? I see High Touch discussed about every two and a half seconds, but I wasn't even aware of Ice Cream Syndrome's existence until I stumbled across it on Bulbapedia. It seems like PearlShipping's godsend, so why is it not embraced? I wrote a whole rant about this on another site, actually. The whole thing confuses me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  10. #7935
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Alola region
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    So I have a question because I legitimately don't understand this about PearlShipping. I know that High Touch is the crown jewel of this entire thing. But why isn't more attention given to Ice Cream Syndrome? I see High Touch discussed about every two and a half seconds, but I wasn't even aware of Ice Cream Syndrome's existence until I stumbled across it on Bulbapedia. It seems like PearlShipping's godsend, so why is it not embraced? I wrote a whole rant about this on another site, actually. The whole thing confuses me.
    you know i just saw the lyrics for ice cream syndrome, and woah this is literally a blessing to pearlshippers lol. although i guess it went unnoticed since it's the ending to a movie, whereas high touch was the opening to the main series for a while. plus it's specifically about ash and dawn.

  11. #7936
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    you know i just saw the lyrics for ice cream syndrome, and woah this is literally a blessing to pearlshippers lol. although i guess it went unnoticed since it's the ending to a movie, whereas high touch was the opening to the main series for a while. plus it's specifically about ash and dawn.
    I want to make it clear, I'm not a PearlShipper. I just simply don't understand this part of the fandom, how people have never heard of this song before in any section of the Pokemon fandom. That's something pervasive in the shipping communities. No one really explores the material anymore. Ask a PokeShipper about You're Not Alone. Ask an AdvanceShipper about A Thing to be Protected. Ask a PearlShipper about Ice Cream Syndrome. Ask an AmourShipper about Tweedia. Yet, they all embrace the publicized songs. Misty's Song, Together We Make a Promise, High Touch!, Candy Girl.

    Anyways, I did write an analysis/rant about this song, and I'm going to include it below. Funny, they say we're supposed to be enemies. I think we should all celebrate what we're given.

    From my post on the SS Amour:


    I'm going to be completely honest with you all. I have no idea why the PearlShipping community stresses some things, and completely forgets about others.

    Yes, High Touch is great. It's a lovely song about Ash and Dawn high fiving, which is one of the chief building blocks of PearlShipping. It's also a Japanese opening song, with whatever credibility that implies.

    On the opposite end of the spectrum, there's a song that I've mentioned before. In fact, I may never shut up about it. It is an absolute godsend to the PearlShippers, and I don't have the slightest idea why it isn't embraced more. It's called Ice Cream Syndrome, and it was the Japanese ending song for M13 - Supreme Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark. It's a song about, well, someone. Saying it's Ash honestly wouldn't be a big stretch. He's sitting on the cover of the single holding an ice cream cone, for crying out loud. The narrator is talking about their relationship with someone. It's pretty obvious. As in, "the first line is literally 'Our relationship is a casual one'" kind of obvious. As the song progresses, it sounds a lot like he's talking about a girl. There's only one of those in Diamond and Pearl, and it's Dawn. Assuming the characters are actually meant to be Ash and Dawn, it opens with Ash reflecting on his frustrations in their friendship. It's casual. They've been together for years, but he doesn't feel like things have progressed much. He tries speaking his mind, and it gets laughed off. It's a hot day outside, and he's sweating to death. He wanders into a store to cool off, and he bought a comic book of all things. The next lines change the scene drastically. "How would it be if you were here?/Would you laugh with me?" They're not together anymore, but rather learning to live apart. What's more? She's stuck on his mind. Ash goes back into reflection mode. "We've been acting it out for so many years/Casted as best friends." The next lines are a complete shock to us, yet they're treated as completely natural to Ash. "It would be tough if I could say my true intentions/You say it's easy to discuss/But you're always talking about your love life/I keep it inside my delicate heart to not be found out/I want the smile reflected deep in my eyes/To only belong to me/For whatever reason, it won't be burned in there." So, there are some "true intentions" in play. She says that "it's easy to discuss" these things, but she's "always talking about [her] love life." What does that sound like to you? This is Ash we're talking about here. Yet, it's been said. He. Has. Feelings. For. Her. He's constantly suppressing them in fear of being rejected and humiliated, yet, they exist all the same. Is the world collapsing around us yet? I'll go on. "It seems like you're even/Further and further away than I imagined/Someday you'll disappear with someone." Jesus Christ. I actually feel bad for Ash. He moves back into the melancholy mood of before. He's staring at a plane in the sky, comparing it to the summer fading away, and time going with it. He's talking about feeling trapped again. "The syndrome called 'friendship'/Is a perpetual labyrinth without exit/It's frightening even to move/So I can't take a step forward." The title becomes a metaphor. When did Ash even buy this ice cream, anyways? I don't know, and I don't really care at this point. "The ice cream that I had meant to eat/Has melted all over/Destiny doesn't wait." The song closes with the narrator, or Ash, or whatever name you want to use, promising to himself to take back his destiny, that some day, she will be close enough for him to bring her back into his life. He doesn't care how long the wait is. He just wants her back. "When I'm with you, no matter when/You always seem to sparkle."

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  12. #7937
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    God, are there actually any PearlShippers around here anymore? I posted this nearly a month ago, and the only reply I got was from some guy ranting about how PearlShipping is awful. I don't know why people are accusing me of supporting PearlShipping, or why that's even something to accuse someone of. I'm not a PearlShipper. I never claimed to be. I just simply wanted to know why this song is so overlooked, to see if anyone has even heard of it before. If talking about this song is making PearlShipping "extremely canon," then PearlShipping has been "extremely canon" for the last 6 and a half years. Is Ice Cream Syndrome canon? I don't know. I'd dare to say that it's at the same level of legitimacy as High Touch! and Candy Girl.

    If there are any PearlShippers around here anymore that actually knew of this song beforehand, please, enlighten me about the community's thoughts about this song.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  13. #7938
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    So I just randomly decided to visit the forums after, like, god knows how long, and I thought to myself, "let's see what's become of the Pearlshipping thread!", half expecting to see it closed or something. I'm just glad to see it's still around haha. You guys rock. :')

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    If there are any PearlShippers around here anymore that actually knew of this song beforehand, please, enlighten me about the community's thoughts about this song.
    I've been aware of ICS for a while now, even seen some discussion about it among some dedicated Pearlshippers on tumblr (and even here when the movie first came out) but never gave it much thought as concrete evidence or a godsend for the ship, as you put it. It probably has to do with the fact that it's not specifically about Pearlshipping at a glance. I love thinking of the implications behind it regarding Ash's possible feelings towards Dawn, don't get me wrong, and I want to see more fans reference it, but compared to High Touch - which has Ash and Dawn actually singing together - it's generally seen as more Canon in that sense. Also the Japanese movie ed songs don't generally gather much attention amongst the Western fanbase.

    So basically:

    Ice Cream Syndrome- a love song written without specifically stating who is singing to who, used as an ending theme to one of the movies in the japanese version
    High Touch- canonically ash and dawn singing to each other, opening theme used for more than a year for the main series

    And that's just how it is, I guess. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż Despite being a harcore supporter myself it's hard to see the song as a definite 'Pearlshipping song' mainly because it was never brought up enough when the ship was hot and still relevant all those years ago.

    Anyhow, now that you've brought it up, I want to listen to it again lol. It's been too long.

    Since I'll probably disappear from this site again I'll leave with you all with a little doodle I whipped up today!:

        Spoiler:- .:
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 5th January 2017 at 3:16 AM.

  14. #7939
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    God, are there actually any PearlShippers around here anymore? I posted this nearly a month ago, and the only reply I got was from some guy ranting about how PearlShipping is awful. I don't know why people are accusing me of supporting PearlShipping, or why that's even something to accuse someone of. I'm not a PearlShipper. I never claimed to be. I just simply wanted to know why this song is so overlooked, to see if anyone has even heard of it before. If talking about this song is making PearlShipping "extremely canon," then PearlShipping has been "extremely canon" for the last 6 and a half years. Is Ice Cream Syndrome canon? I don't know. I'd dare to say that it's at the same level of legitimacy as High Touch! and Candy Girl.

    If there are any PearlShippers around here anymore that actually knew of this song beforehand, please, enlighten me about the community's thoughts about this song.
    There are still Pearlshippers but have a different forums so This is probably isn't use that much anymore since there is a different discussion board.
    Also there is also a Analysis on song on youtube if you are interested it's on Pearlshipping TV and I believe all D&P 'shippy' song atleast have an Analysis.

    Some believe Movie are non canon so it's your own perspective on view on this and the song also some don't consider song at all.

    I believe Ice Cream syndrome is a long song like Yuppirox said depending on you it may or may not be a Pearlshipping song since it's differs for different people.
    Are flaws really bad? Because they are not perfect, they become worried. They don't stand still and instead move forward.
    After they become perfect, they will stand still.
    Incompleteness is the ideal.

  15. #7940
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dechirures View Post
    There are still Pearlshippers but have a different forums so This is probably isn't use that much anymore since there is a different discussion board.
    Also there is also a Analysis on song on youtube if you are interested it's on Pearlshipping TV and I believe all D&P 'shippy' song atleast have an Analysis.

    Some believe Movie are non canon so it's your own perspective on view on this and the song also some don't consider song at all.

    I believe Ice Cream syndrome is a long song like Yuppirox said depending on you it may or may not be a Pearlshipping song since it's differs for different people.
    I feel like I would be shot if I walked into the Vault. But maybe it's unavoidable. Thanks for your help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  16. #7941

    Default

    Hello it's been a while since I was on. I just wanted to say that the Amourshippers have been attacking Pearlshipping tv did anyone know that this was happening? I got this as a tip off from a guy on You Tube his channel name is called Anonymous ShippingTV.

  17. #7942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris the ash fan View Post
    Hello it's been a while since I was on. I just wanted to say that the Amourshippers have been attacking Pearlshipping tv did anyone know that this was happening? I got this as a tip off from a guy on You Tube his channel name is called Anonymous ShippingTV.
    Then we will FIGHT Chris so please can you give me a link if I can help so somehow.

  18. #7943
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris the ash fan View Post
    Hello it's been a while since I was on. I just wanted to say that the Amourshippers have been attacking Pearlshipping tv did anyone know that this was happening? I got this as a tip off from a guy on You Tube his channel name is called Anonymous ShippingTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Then we will FIGHT Chris so please can you give me a link if I can help so somehow.
    Yeah, no. We're not doing this. Send whatever information you have to me or the SS Amour, and we'll look into it right away. This is not who we are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  19. #7944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    Yeah, no. We're not doing this. Send whatever information you have to me or the SS Amour, and we'll look into it right away. This is not who we are.
    Zelda it's happened before cuz did you not know that I heard an amourshippers threw her phone when blushing was edited on dawn's face by pearlshipping TV (Sarcasm)
    Anyways there are a bad portion of people in nearly every popular ash ship and even the ones I support so if there is any actual mayhem occuring we have to try to stop it.
    But

  20. #7945
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Zelda it's happened before cuz did you not know that I heard an amourshippers threw her phone when blushing was edited on dawn's face by pearlshipping TV (Sarcasm)
    Anyways there are a bad portion of people in nearly every popular ash ship and even the ones I support so if there is any actual mayhem occuring we have to try to stop it.
    But
    I don't know if you're a warlord, or what your deal is. But the Amour doesn't want a war.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

  21. #7946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    I don't know if you're a warlord, or what your deal is. But the Amour doesn't want a war.
    I know that Amour doesn't want a war and I think what AdvancedGenGenesect means by trying to stop it is just saying maybe try to calm those guys down who are starting the fight.

    Ps Sorry if that sentence came out weird.
    Last edited by Meowth City; 27th January 2017 at 8:36 AM.

  22. #7947
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    I said this in the PokeShipping thread and I'll say it again here. Would you please stop comparing ships to one another. This is a thread for the discussion of PearlShipping and nothing else. Any talk of shipping wars will result in infractions being issued. You have been warned.
    IGN: Sylvia | 3DS FC: 3738-0653-3802


  23. #7948

    Default

    Well I wanted to say that when (and if) the the DP remakes come out I think this ship may become more recognized in the media.
    but for some reason It seems that theyll do a special with dawn in it when the remakes do come out (even though ORAS caming out didnt do much to the anime).
    anyways pearlshipping TV is so damn freaking entertaining that it should be like the central for pearlshipping on YouTube so i wanted to ask who agrees with me on that.

  24. #7949
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdvancedGenGenesect View Post
    Well I wanted to say that when (and if) the the DP remakes come out I think this ship may become more recognized in the media.
    but for some reason It seems that theyll do a special with dawn in it when the remakes do come out (even though ORAS caming out didnt do much to the anime).
    anyways pearlshipping TV is so damn freaking entertaining that it should be like the central for pearlshipping on YouTube so i wanted to ask who agrees with me on that.
    I hope you're not trying to bash Pearlshipping with this post, not gonna lie. It sure does seem like that.
    Lets be real, ORAS remakes did help Advanceshipping's popularity so if they remake DP, Pearlshipping's popularity is going to skyrocket.

    Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

  25. #7950
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Nikki View Post
    I hope you're not trying to bash Pearlshipping with this post, not gonna lie. It sure does seem like that.
    Lets be real, ORAS remakes did help Advanceshipping's popularity so if they remake DP, Pearlshipping's popularity is going to skyrocket.
    It certainly helped the popularity. It did absolutely nothing for them in the anime. ORAS was covered through passive references to Hoenn like Sawyer rather than Misty's return like FRLG or the introduction of one of the protagonists like Lyra and HGSS. Given how ORAS was handled, there's really nothing to say that Sinnoh remakes would be any different.

    Considering the fact that HGSS meant a new temporary traveling companion and FRLG had an entire anime season, I'd dare to say that it's not much. The point is that the only way a Sinnoh remake would help Pearl in canon is if Dawn returned. That's doubtful, considering the fact that May didn't get as much as a passive acknowledgement for the ORAS remakes.
    Last edited by xEryChan; 29th January 2017 at 3:28 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Page 318 of 320 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •