Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317
Results 7,901 to 7,912 of 7912

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

  1. #7901
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I see no images in the fanart section anymore.

  2. #7902
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Well... *sigh* I wish the pearlshipping community contained a bit more artists. I mean, pearl is the second most popular ash ship and we have much less of a fanart/fiction output compared to poke and advancedshipers...

  3. #7903
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    There's also a lack of good pearlshipping stories out there as well. Most of the good ones are from 2 or more years ago. It also still suprises me that people can ship Ash and Misty together, with how those two argue all the time it's hard to believe that one would fall for the other.
    "What you see is what you get, just a guy who loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!"

  4. #7904
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BornToSucc View Post
    There's also a lack of good pearlshipping stories out there as well. Most of the good ones are from 2 or more years ago. It also still suprises me that people can ship Ash and Misty together, with how those two argue all the time it's hard to believe that one would fall for the other.
    To be fair, I could see how pokeshipping cound work, but thats mostly due to the number of good pokeshippping fics, not for cannon matirial.

    Yeah most pearlshipping fanfics these days hare either compleated before XY, on hiatus, updates REALLY slowly or just terrible.
    status on filters for a ship(granted some fics slip through the cracks):
    pokeshipping:576
    advanced:226
    pearl:162
    negai:39
    amour:449(!!!! beating the backlog of 10 years forth of poke is impressive...)

    yeah... we need fore pearlship content creators.

  5. #7905
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Cod MA
    Posts
    617

    Default

    If anyone is capable of understanding what it's like to see a ship they like not having much these days to read, view, etc., it's me. And it's sad to see that Pearl is losing popularity over the last year. It's not my OTP, but I like it the best of all the main shippings.
    Sig to be updated eventually.

  6. #7906

    Default

    It's been a while since I came here but hello all and I would like to say this never give up hope pearlshippers even when everything seemes bad right now. I think that soon pearlshiping will become strong and popular again.

  7. #7907
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris the ash fan View Post
    It's been a while since I came here but hello all and I would like to say this never give up hope pearlshippers even when everything seemes bad right now. I think that soon pearlshiping will become strong and popular again.
    If Dawn was still around to give us more hints then i could see Pearlshipping becoming popular again.

  8. #7908
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    If anyone is capable of understanding what it's like to see a ship they like not having much these days to read, view, etc., it's me. And it's sad to see that Pearl is losing popularity over the last year. It's not my OTP, but I like it the best of all the main shippings.
    Hell it seems like ALTOshipping of all things is getting revived in the past two years or so thanks to arceus-master's a new chance series. Not that I don't like it, in fact it is my #2 ash ship but still... I really do not like just how much of a hit pearl took when amour came around. Every ash ship did, but by the end of BW only the most steadfast pokeshippers and advancedshippers were left, so they didn't take that big of a hit. And it seems like this forum is only being alive via a handful of people...

  9. #7909
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I think, for the most part, many people kinda have moved on from Pokemon generally...I can only speak for myself, but honestly, I haven't really thought about this place in maybe a few years or so (sorry).

    You are right though; it's just that there hasn't been any kind of new news for Dawn (game or anime, as well as even Cynthia), so there hasn't been anything to get terribly excited about. If there was anything to do with Sinnoh, then maybe even some speculation can occur.

    For me, I guess I thought of this place recently, honestly, because of the new Pokemon Go game. Because of it, I rewatched a few of the DP episodes and was wondering if there was any new news on the Diamond and Pearl saga/reboot/or whatever (because if that happened, maybe some Dawn and pearlshipping speculation!). It certainly has been nice to see that this thread still exists and people still think about it!

    The new game is certainly creating some buzz, and hopefully it'll revive some people's thoughts and stuff. That's what happened to me.

    But back to one of the questions I have about one of the episodes I rewatched...I'm sure I could go back through the archives and see those opinions then, but maybe some of those changed in the few years.

    It is about (probably one of the most discussed episodes here) DP180 "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" As I was rewatching it, obviously in my opinion, it was a great pearlshipping episode because ultimately, Dawn chose to stay with Ash (though it's BS he lost to him xD ). I just wonder though: why did she keep what happened between she and Kenny from Ash?

    It might be a question I've asked in the past...I don't remember, but after watching the episode, it got me thinking. I guess she didn't want to burden Ash when he was concentrating on the League? Obviously, Ash, prone as he does, is too busy concentrating on Pokemon and battling Flint.

    Maybe what happened between them wasn't important enough to tell Ash? (that's almost putting penguinshipping down?) In the episode, she had been a bit down as she was trying to figure out her situation.

    I dunno; I'm trying to figure out why she wouldn't tell Ash. Those two seemed like they were in sync and they knew everything about each other (hence why I like/liked pearlshipping so much! =) ) Maybe this was pertinent years ago xD, but because of Pokemon Go, I watched it again and had been wondering again.

    Again, it's nice to know this place is up and running. Hopefully the new upcoming games can breathe a little more life in this place!

    EDIT: Now thinking about it some more. She did kind of panic when she switched sides from Paul to Ash in that one episode. Maybe she wants to make sure Ash knows she has her full support behind him! (Another point for pearlshipping!)
    Last edited by fireball20; 25th July 2016 at 7:17 AM.

  10. #7910
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireball20 View Post
    I think, for the most part, many people kinda have moved on from Pokemon generally...I can only speak for myself, but honestly, I haven't really thought about this place in maybe a few years or so (sorry).

    You are right though; it's just that there hasn't been any kind of new news for Dawn (game or anime, as well as even Cynthia), so there hasn't been anything to get terribly excited about. If there was anything to do with Sinnoh, then maybe even some speculation can occur.

    For me, I guess I thought of this place recently, honestly, because of the new Pokemon Go game. Because of it, I rewatched a few of the DP episodes and was wondering if there was any new news on the Diamond and Pearl saga/reboot/or whatever (because if that happened, maybe some Dawn and pearlshipping speculation!). It certainly has been nice to see that this thread still exists and people still think about it!

    The new game is certainly creating some buzz, and hopefully it'll revive some people's thoughts and stuff. That's what happened to me.

    But back to one of the questions I have about one of the episodes I rewatched...I'm sure I could go back through the archives and see those opinions then, but maybe some of those changed in the few years.

    It is about (probably one of the most discussed episodes here) DP180 "Four Roads Diverged in a Pokémon Port!" As I was rewatching it, obviously in my opinion, it was a great pearlshipping episode because ultimately, Dawn chose to stay with Ash (though it's BS he lost to him xD ). I just wonder though: why did she keep what happened between she and Kenny from Ash?

    It might be a question I've asked in the past...I don't remember, but after watching the episode, it got me thinking. I guess she didn't want to burden Ash when he was concentrating on the League? Obviously, Ash, prone as he does, is too busy concentrating on Pokemon and battling Flint.

    Maybe what happened between them wasn't important enough to tell Ash? (that's almost putting penguinshipping down?) In the episode, she had been a bit down as she was trying to figure out her situation.

    I dunno; I'm trying to figure out why she wouldn't tell Ash. Those two seemed like they were in sync and they knew everything about each other (hence why I like/liked pearlshipping so much! =) ) Maybe this was pertinent years ago xD, but because of Pokemon Go, I watched it again and had been wondering again.

    Again, it's nice to know this place is up and running. Hopefully the new upcoming games can breathe a little more life in this place!

    EDIT: Now thinking about it some more. She did kind of panic when she switched sides from Paul to Ash in that one episode. Maybe she wants to make sure Ash knows she has her full support behind him! (Another point for pearlshipping!)
    Well, at lest we don't have to wait as long: sinnoh is next on the list of games for GF to remake, And I think it'll happen within four years.

  11. #7911
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    44

    Default

    I really hope Dawn comes back, but I know the chances are slim to none. She had the best interaction with Ash imo. Serena just doesn't cut it for me.

  12. #7912
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrLazyEyes View Post
    I really hope Dawn comes back, but I know the chances are slim to none. She had the best interaction with Ash imo. Serena just doesn't cut it for me.
    Same here

    As for Pearlshipping's popularity it has declined over the past years mostly due to the fact that almost half of them jumped to the Amourshipping bandwagon as soon as XY started. I know it probably won't happen but i hope maybe in honor of the Sinnoh Remakes Ash goes to the Sinnoh battle frontier and maybe see Dawn again or possibly travel with him.

Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •