Page 53 of 308 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7692

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Oh man, I can't wait for the 1 hour special and I'm sure you, my fellow pearlshippers can't either. I am certain that there will be a hint and even if it is small, it is still counted as a hint. I think that this is the ship that has the highest probability of being canon.
    Sorry I had to make this message short but I'm using my dsi XD.
    And I have a question for you guys:
    If this pearlshipping becomes canon, do you think it will mark the end oof Ash's journey? if no, why?

Quote Originally Posted by jmadude View Post
    Oh man, I can't wait for the 1 hour special and I'm sure you, my fellow pearlshippers can't either. I am certain that there will be a hint and even if it is small, it is still counted as a hint. I think that this is the ship that has the highest probability of being canon.
    Sorry I had to make this message short but I'm using my dsi XD.
    And I have a question for you guys:
    If this pearlshipping becomes canon, do you think it will mark the end oof Ash's journey? if no, why?
    Heck no. I don't think a romantic relationship will end a trainer's journey and same goes for a coordinator's journey. Dawn will keep cheering Ash until he reaches his goal and vice-versa.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Wow first question ever FAIL.
    Okay the question I asked can be misunderstood so I'll try asking in a differentt manner:
    Do you think the anime will stop revolving around Ash if pearlshiping became canon? if no, why?

Quote Originally Posted by jmadude View Post
    Do you think the anime will stop revolving around Ash if pearlshiping became canon? if no, why?
    If the writers are able to go outside the comfort zone in story structure, no. If the writers can't/won't do anything, but the same old, same old, then no. It really depends on the writing team.

Oh my god!!!!

I'm surprised That pk082 hasn't posted this!

The VA for Hikari has made a post in her blog...

Apparently she is a pearlshipper too!!!

This brings huge oportunities for pearlshipping!

Megumi rocks! I knew it would happen someday!

Cheers;
    Niker

PS: April's Fools Meanest Joke
    Platinum:
    1st Team: , , .
    2nd Team: , , .

Reserves: Electabuzz, Magneton, Primplup, Giratina, Tentacruel, Sneasel, Porygon, Buizel

Do you think the anime will stop revolving around Ash if pearlshipping became canon? if no, why?

Well, I think it would still revolve around Ash, just maybe a little less. Like: maybe they'll start to revolve more around his relationship with Dawn and what they go through, while still showing Ash's gym battles and challenges. Because, like one member said, the show is aimed mainly at kids. So, they might not show that much romantic moments between Ash and Dawn. Maybe occaisionally, but I think what we'd mostly see is them just smiling at eachother and holding hands.

And welcome to all of the new members of the thread! ^_^ Hope you guys have a great time and follow the rules. (:
    Last edited by sweetpikachu; 1st April 2010 at 11:52 PM.

It's been awhile since I posted.
    I'm actually more looking for other people's comments on the last couple of episodes, since I found them a little depressing (I need morale boosting) in terms of pearlshipping. It seemed like Satoshi was supportive of the princess during her contest battle, just like he normally is with Hikari. And then, there was the image of Lopunny, making it seem like Bunneary would evolve and put an end to Pikachu and Bunneary's shipping thing, too (not directly related to pearlshipping, but it's a little theme that I found reassuring, anyway). I would have loved to see Satoshi's reaction by the princess's embarrasment to wearing Hikari's skirt, but he and Takeshi were frozen-faced in that scene.
    Well, just wondering what other people thought of the episodes. Normally, that's something I look forward to reading here every week (this and the regular discussion over in the general thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
    PS: April's Fools Meanest Joke
    We do not joke about Pearlshipping around these parts. It's 100% serious business. Just kidding.

But as for whether Dawn leaves or not, didn't the anime discussion FAQs state that the reason for Piplup not evolving (whereas May's Torchic did) due to it achieving the position of secondary mascot of the franchise?

If so, then perhaps that would mean Piplup and Dawn staying. Don't get me wrong, they might be shown the proverbial door, but it's a factor to think about.

It's been so long since I posted here and I've missed out on so much. Sorry everyone D:
    Welcome to the thread, PePer! It's always nice to meet someone who supports this awesome shipping. Please do enjoy your time here.

Do you think the anime will stop revolving around Ash if pearlshipping became canon? if no, why?

Well, honestly, I'm not so sure.
    This show is not based on romance, it's based off of Ash trying to become the world's greatest Pokemon Master. I do think that anime would revolve around Ash but not as much.
    But hey, that's just me.

I think DP 171, when Dawn was the princess dress, Ash mentioned that it looked pretty, or it looked good.

I'm not sure.

and in the contest,while Dalvia and Brock are talking, Ash mention Dawn

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    But as for whether Dawn leaves or not, didn't the anime discussion FAQs state that the reason for Piplup not evolving (whereas May's Torchic did) due to it achieving the position of secondary mascot of the franchise?

If so, then perhaps that would mean Piplup and Dawn staying. Don't get me wrong, they might be shown the proverbial door, but it's a factor to think about.
    During an interview with former director and storyboard artist of the Pokémon anime, Masamitsu Hidaka, he revealed that Dawn's Piplup will probably not evolve very soon, referring to his evolutions as "ugly" or not good for contests.

And I think Piplup has a more mascot Pokemon status than Torchic had. Torchic even evolved, while Piplup stayed like it was 4 seasons later.

No. They will most probably have Dawn travel with Ash in the next region, but leave out the densines so we can live the situations such as jealousy or maybe even a kiss.
    Last edited by Janovy; 3rd April 2010 at 8:53 AM.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/calendar...t20100402.html

I've just received an e-mail from movie site (I am in e-mail movie club you know)
    This month's desktop theme looks awesome! It's an image that we've already saw, but still, it looks really pearlshippy.

Like UDI said, in DP 171, Satoshi gave a compliment regarding Hikari in dress.
    Also, Satoshi was the only one who was thinking about Hikari while he was watching contest.

In DP 170, in order to catch Team Rocket, Satoshi suggested to split into two groups and catch them.
    Satoshi teamed up with Hikari(+Kikuno) lol

Thanks for the info PK. It' nice to hear that Satoshi constantly thinks about Hikari even when she's not here. And Hikari teaming up with Satoshi isn't anything new, I'm used to it.

Well we have a battle between Fukamaru and Togekiss in DP172 so I guess I see it as a hint considering Ash probably wants to help Dawn (Togekiss) to master its skills.

Thanks for welcoming.
    ---------------------
    Unfortunately there wasn't much pearlshipping in both episodes, except Ash's compliment about Dawn and mentioning her in.

btw. I really like movie poster <3.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't want to break the rules and go off-topic but I must say that, I will go nuts if they remove Dawn =[. I will probably quit Pokes after that.

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/calendar...t20100402.html

I've just received an e-mail from movie site (I am in e-mail movie club you know)
    This month's desktop theme looks awesome! It's an image that we've already saw, but still, it looks really pearlshippy.

Like UDI said, in DP 171, Satoshi gave a compliment regarding Hikari in dress.
    Also, Satoshi was the only one who was thinking about Hikari while he was watching contest.

In DP 170, in order to catch Team Rocket, Satoshi suggested to split into two groups and catch them.
    Satoshi teamed up with Hikari(+Kikuno) lol

YEAH!, I knew that Ash was a compliment to Dawn, I think a good hint, as never before Ash had mentioned something similar about Misty or May.

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I was wondering if I'm allowed to join too. I've been a Pearlshipper for a while now and found this thread about a month ago. Did anyone see the pearlshipping hint near the end of Unlocking A red Chain of Events or is it just me? The Episode that aired two days ago had a decent hint as well (The Compliment)
    Thanks
    K22

Sinnoh, Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaush22 View Post
    I was wondering if I'm allowed to join too. I've been a Pearlshipper for a while now and found this thread about a month ago. Did anyone see the pearlshipping hint near the end of Unlocking A red Chain of Events or is it just me? The Episode that aired two days ago had a decent hint as well (The Compliment)
    Thanks
    K22
    Yep, welcome Kaush22. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to any shippy hints in that episode or even this weeks US episode..... I honestly don't think we will see any good shippy hints until the Grand Festival..... I thought seeing 2 Dawn's would make a good shippy hint but noooooo.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Well, the new episode: The needs of Three didn't have major hints... what I noticed was that Dawn asked twice if Ash was okay, when Azelf was in pain. (but Brock asked too soo..) Also, when they were in Cynthia's jeep, Uxie and Mesprit were captured at Lake Valor, and Dawn and Brock were in pain. Ash only turned to Dawn's direction, and not at brock. These aren't really hints, but I just throught they were cute moments. ._.; i think it is cute that Ash actually complimented on Dawn's appearance (it's not the first time, since in an episode, he said "looking great Dawn" before she brought out her Pokemon ). Looks like Ashy-boi's growing up! XD

I drew some Pearlshippy fanart to cheer us up before the epic Grandfestival ;D

http://crazedpochamaxd.deviantart.co...ence-159201653

enjoy!~

~
    Sizors are red Azurills are blue, Uxie is yellow, and way better than you!! XD
    Team Rocket's blasting off again!
    Brock is IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please allow me to start this new topic.

Do you guys think Hikari will visit Satoshi's house in Kanto after the league?
    If she does, do you guys think Hikari visiting Kanto so late in the DP series raises the possibility of her staying for new Anime series based on new game?

Do you guys think Hikari will visit Satoshi's house in Kanto after the league? It is hard for me to answer to this one, mostly because I really don't know. Considering Satoshi will go in the next region there is a huge chance Hikari mighty stay due her popularity in Japan (I guess) and the status she developed as secondary protagonist much more than Kasumi and Haruka.

Writers have already established how similar she and Satoshi are, so it would make it only fair for her to do one thing Satoshi always does, go in the new region. If she is to stay, Hikari will probably go to Pallet just right before Ash is about to depart to inform him she'd like to travel with him.

If she does, do you guys think Hikari visiting Kanto so late in the DP series raises the possibility of her staying for new Anime series based on new game?

Like I said in the topic above, I believe Hikari visiting Satoshi would massively improve her chances of staying. Besides, she hasn't met Satoshi's mother yet. Satoshi got to meet her's, so it's only fair she meets his.
    Last edited by Janovy; 4th April 2010 at 10:01 PM.

According to storyline Hikari should visit his house after League just like Kasumi and Haruka, also Satoshi visited Twinleaf Town and meet Hikari's mother, so you know what I'm trying to say here...

If she does visit Pallet Town so late after major events, this is creating quite high chance for her to continuine journey with Satoshi because everyone knows, League > Pallet > New Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Yep, welcome Kaush22. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to any shippy hints in that episode or even this weeks US episode..... I honestly don't think we will see any good shippy hints until the Grand Festival..... I thought seeing 2 Dawn's would make a good shippy hint but noooooo.
    Thanks A lot, I really Appreciate it. Though some hints aren't marked on the forums, I still try and see of I can find any. To be honest, I had high hopes for the Twin Episode too but the writers had other plans....

Thanks,
    Kaush22

Sinnoh, Classic.

Probably. Depends on the next big things. BF or Region? If its the Battle frontier she will most likely pull the same stunt as Haruka and do a surprise visit. Otherwise My prediction is she will follow Satoshi. to his house learn about X region and leave.

The only real way I see Hikari staying is If Takeshi leaves, making room for the 5th generation male. This is high unlikely because he is the perfect filler character. Food, Wisdom, Maturity things Pokemon requires all falls in one person. I too am not fond of him but he is almost irreplaceable due to the fact he fits Satoshi's personality allowing him to be "Ash".

Yes. At least I hope so. Kasumi and Haruka did so I don't see why Hikari won't. They'll find some reason for her to go to Pallet Town. I mean, Ambipom's in Viridian City, so perhaps she'll go and give her a visit (the Ping Pong guy did say they could visit anytime, and Satoshi pointed out that it would be easy because it was in Kanto). Or maybe she'll want to see ''Poetry guys'' lab (which would have been more plausible if she didn't meet him in that Twinleaf festival arc), aha, or, who knows, maybe she will stay. Or maybe she'll decide she wants to compete in Kanto contests.

Also, we don't know what's happening after the league - Satoshi could win (!) and go on to challenge the Elite Four, which could be a whole season in itself. Hikari could win the Grand Festival and go on to challange some Elite Coordinaters or something else that absolutely no-one has any idea about yet. It could happen...

I think it does raise the possibility of her staying but I'm still not sure. I think she has become an important charachter, and like ben pokemon said, she is more of secondary protagonist than Kasumi or Haruka. And let's not forget Pochama, who is like a secondary mascot of the franchise now. I think she has a high chance of staying, but I also wouldn't be surpised if she doesn't. Who knows.

I've uploaded a couple of Pearlshipping AMV's to my youtube channel if anyone's interested. They're probably not very good.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JellyPoking?feature=mhw5
    Last edited by MINK; 6th April 2010 at 10:36 PM.

Greetings once more, fellow Pearlshippers… after a rather intense(ly eventful) Easter weekend for yours truly. “High Touch 2009” was as cheerful as ever in tilting my focus back toward this coupling, and if Ash noticed how Dawn looked as a princess, then the fact that this switch between the two girls ended in a Togekiss may very well strengthen Ash and Dawn’s bond through their memories. Ash and Dawn’s concern for each other as Team Galactic and Pok&#233;mon Hunter J set their sights on the Lake Pok&#233;mon is instinctive enough, but I had to be impressed as these two kids stood up to Cyrus’ “new world order” agenda. It might be notable that Ash and Dawn’s last comical experience before this final showdown with Team Galactic involved trying to pull Pikachu and Piplup off each other during Professor Kodama’s experiment, but as ever, I won’t attempt to doubt Ash and Dawn’s equality and confidence at Spear Pillar. I have the distinct impression that this equality will be a deciding factor in any plans Dawn has to accompany Ash for the future, highlighting these next few reflections on my part.:

Do you guys think Dawn will visit Ash after the Sinnoh League?

Ash accompanied Dawn for the Twinleaf Festival and got to meet Johanna in the process, so Dawn might decide to return the factor and meet Delia in person. Considering that Ash and Dawn seem quite comfortable with acting together, whether they’re looking after their Pok&#233;mon or participating in a double battle, I would think that such a visit by Dawn, maybe even on an invitation from Ash, will highlight the mutuality I have sensed between these two trainers. They are not just cheering each other onward, but rather, they’re more actively benefiting each other’s separate journeys and dreams. Thus will a visit by Dawn to Pallet Town prove to be quite consistent with and expressive of Pearlshipping’s essential dynamic.
    Last edited by ccangelopearl1362; 5th April 2010 at 9:26 PM.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Page 53 of 308 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast