Thread: Oh No! That One Was Shiny!

Default Oh No! That One Was Shiny!

Has it ever been you're misfortune to accidentally Soft Reset away a shiny Pokemon that you've been trying extremely hard to get? Be it from getting into the habit of pressing either A+B+Start+Select or L+R+Start+Select as soon as you encounter the pokemon or from just not paying good enough attention? Or, have you been fortunate enough to run into a wild shiny but at the time you did not know what it was or realize that it was shiny?

By the way I'm just making this thread out of curiosity because I've been doing a lot of SRing lately and really hope that the former does not happen to me. I just wanna know if its a very common error to make because I (unfortunately) could see myself possibly doing it.
    Wi-Fi Information

Generation IV: 0945 8756 3712

Generation V: 4513 8790 3689

Generation VI: 2509 2637 2112

No it never happened to me. If I was looking for shinies I would look at every pokemon I would run into. But if I was running and getting through a cave that could happen.
        Spoiler:- Look if you dare:

Harvest Moon Club
    Join Today

Sring takes too much time. Especailly on the diamon/pearl/platinum games cause the starting sequence TAKES FOREVER. but if you are going for groudon shouldnt be long if you are playing a gameboy advance/SP. But if your using a Ds the starting sequence takes about 5-10 seconds longer..
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/o8gosi.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/dbrsb6.png[/IMG]Credit to rosemary for dugtrio banner, credit to electricbluewolf for Owner banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Middle school? That's barely puberty...
    Nuff' said

Nope, that never happened to me.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I accidently SR'd over a shiny Registeel in Ruby. I got so ticked off that I quit the hunt. =D
    Yaay! Arceus is has come to the US!

friend code: 4683-4346-3209

proud owner of:

WORLD09 Weavile
    TRU Arceus NFTx2
    TRU shaymin
    nzone jirachi
    shokoton pichu
    The hunt is soon to begin!

Moved to my DP games ;D

and no, never happened to me =}
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Wow, that really sucks! I'd be so angry if I SRd over this shiny Groudon after all of these hours and hours and days and days.
    Wi-Fi Information

It could happen if the wild pokemon looked almost EXACTLY the same, like smoochum, for example. But its never happened to me.

No, never SR'd because I don't go looking for Shinies, but I did once kill a Shiny Zigzagoon that I only realised was shiny as it was dying. ;_____;

Oh well~
    Only Zigzagoon~

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Also, Yami, about the whole "no opinions and we're all selfish and disrespectful" crap? I only got this to say: Welcome to serebii.

No, it has never happened to me. Then again, I've never encountered a shiny in my 3 yrs playing Pokemon...
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

I was to busy reading up on stuff to help me in my game to notice I ran away from a brown Staravia. I was like... wait... was that Staravia brown.

The only Shiny I ever saw and even caught myself was a Female Nidoran. Way back in LeafGreen. So no, I haven't accidentally ran from a Shiny. But it would really suck if it happened to me.
    Last edited by Super Saiyan 3 Goku; 11th August 2009 at 12:39 AM.
    SoulSilver FC: 2880 5684 6688

I follow Satoshi's Pokémon training philosophy; a combination of love and hard work is needed to overcome adversity. I don't breed for the best Pokémon, I don't dwell on natures, I don't care for perfect stats and I don't care for competitive standards. I treat my Pokémon as partners and friends while bringing out their best. Feel free to copy and paste this into your sig if you feel the same way. (Started by Emperor Empoleon)

Yeah, but my only failure was FAINTING a shiny! I found a shiny Koffing in Fiery Path in Ruby and I only had LV 50s with me...and I murdered it...

Altho, I believed I could try to find another, and after I got a Magnemite, I found a shiny Torkoal!

My HG Beginner team

FCs
    Pokemon Diamond: 4596 6698 2106 [Marcus]
    Super Smash Bros Brawl : 3780-8693-3332 [MARX]
    Animal Crossing City Folk: PM ONLY

I almost reset on my shiny Kyogre, but like 1/2 a second before I pressed A to restart, I noticed it was shiny and let go of the DS with my right hand (so I couldn't reset).

Diamond FC: 4253-7582-5489

in leafgreen, i found a shiny chansey and i was jumping all over the place saying, "holy s***! i found a shiny chansey!" i threw a ball...one shake...no, two shakes... darn it got out! it watches carefully. i throw a ball...one shake...it gets out. wild chansey fled. ........i was so angry after that
    <- Click and I'll give you a Kit-Kat..........You know you want it.............

Pearl FC: ALBERT 2922 0457 9616
    I claim......HUGH JACKMAN(aka Wolverine) and HITMONLEE!

Quote Originally Posted by SSBB123 View Post
    "eat" isnt the right word for what i would do to a palkia's neck
    I breed shinies. PM me. You must have a Japanese version of the Pokemon you want me to breed. Doesn't have to be shiny. I want shiny or non shiny EV trained Pokemon or UT shinies that I don't have. Check my post in the Shiny Batch thingamabob.

I was EV training a while back on my Pearl game, and didn't have any pokeballs of any kind, and I ran into a Shiny Fearow. All I could do is say screw it, and faint the thing for the speed EV's.

i fainted a shiny zigzagoon on my sapphire game once cuz my pokemon were too stron i found it north of rustuboro and i had saw it but accidentall fainted it cuz of a critical hit of all the rotten luck a critical hit to faint one of the only shiny pokemon i have ever found in the wild
    Platinum fc 5413 8765 2882 name Isaac
    if you had a dint fc please change it

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is a Sharingan Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Only had one shiny in my games and that was a shiny krikitune. It dead
        Spoiler:- urgent:

In case you hadn't noticed, I struggle to get my words out. As a result, for posts of over 50 words, I might get off track or go rambling. Please don't quote me word for word on things where it looks jumbled. Use common sense. Also, posting from an iPod doesn't help.

Stop "1337-speak"!
    If I can't observe you, as you are on the other end of the internet, are you dead or alive as far as I'm concerned. Virtual Schrodinger's cat

Urgh, yes, I've had tons of shiny fails!

Around a week or so ago, I was soft resetting in front of the Member Card Darkrai on Platinum while I was reading something online, and the shiny came up, but I accidentally soft resetted it away without thinking... oh the shame.

When I was playing though Platinum, I came across a shiny Gastrodon right when I was out of Pokeballs (and, as a matter of fact, just running to a town to get them :U).

When I first chained Kirlia, I found a shiny at a chain of three, but got so excited that I accidentally killed it. :U

The other day, I went into my old Silver for no reason (the internal battery was still alive, surprisingly), and found a shiny Rattata, but right as I was about to catch it, the batteries in the Game Boy died. That was just plain' unlucky. :O

The first time I played through Sapphire, I found a shiny Lunatone, but killed it before realizing that it was shiny.

I've also had many fails with the Poke Radar, accidentally missing shiny patches and/or being dumb and forgetting to put on Repel when heading to the patches. Or having ARTICUNO COME UP WHEN I'M CHAINING MALE NIDORAN. Anyway, that's pretty much everything. XD
    No longer active. Sincere apologies.

SRing off a shiny never happened to me, the only time a shiny escaped me was a wild Poochyena in Emerald, before gaining the ability to buy Pokeballs >.<

"Place the pistol down, now give the gun a spin, soon as the spinning stops, oh no the game starts in"

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    I was EV training a while back on my Pearl game, and didn't have any pokeballs of any kind, and I ran into a Shiny Fearow. All I could do is say screw it, and faint the thing for the speed EV's.
    I had found a shiny Spearrow on my leafgreen, and I didn't have any pokeballs either.
    Darkness, and light become one
    Beneath this heart shaped moon.
    Sometimes, the line can seem blurred
    To even those of good.
    And now, even once good friends
    have turned against each other.
    Yet there seems to be, no escape...(no escape... no escape...)
    Will you run away? Will you run away,
    To the castle ruins of yesterday?
    What can become, of this hopeless endeavor you seek?
    What hope can it bring?
    Will you run and hide, or stand tall and fight
    Against all that you have ever believed in?
    And watch as crimson tides consume this
    World that never was.

Never happened to me, but I would cry. ;[

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Pinsir, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y
    FC: 2981-6335-1505
    IGN: Daniel
    Steam Username: 20stalks

Quote Originally Posted by the jman View Post
    Sring takes too much time. Especailly on the diamon/pearl/platinum games cause the starting sequence TAKES FOREVER. but if you are going for groudon shouldnt be long if you are playing a gameboy advance/SP. But if your using a Ds the starting sequence takes about 5-10 seconds longer..
    Except it overall is much quicker, because now we have Synchronize :/
    0000 9787 0382

Quote Originally Posted by Zonn13 View Post
    Urgh, yes, I've had tons of shiny fails!

Around a week or so ago, I was soft resetting in front of the Member Card Darkrai on Platinum while I was reading something online, and the shiny came up, but I accidentally soft resetted it away without thinking... oh the shame.

When I was playing though Platinum, I came across a shiny Gastrodon right when I was out of Pokeballs (and, as a matter of fact, just running to a town to get them :U).

When I first chained Kirlia, I found a shiny at a chain of three, but got so excited that I accidentally killed it. :U

The other day, I went into my old Silver for no reason (the internal battery was still alive, surprisingly), and found a shiny Rattata, but right as I was about to catch it, the batteries in the Game Boy died. That was just plain' unlucky. :O

The first time I played through Sapphire, I found a shiny Lunatone, but killed it before realizing that it was shiny.

I've also had many fails with the Poke Radar, accidentally missing shiny patches and/or being dumb and forgetting to put on Repel when heading to the patches. Or having ARTICUNO COME UP WHEN I'M CHAINING MALE NIDORAN. Anyway, that's pretty much everything. XD
    Wow! You have both great luck and terrible luck at the same time. You are lucky enough to run into shinies but everytime you do whatever can go wrong seems to.
    Wi-Fi Information

You mean, like running into a shiny Giratina by chance, and having it kill itself with struggle because you didn't have a Master Ball or a status inflicting move like Thunder Wave to compensate? Uh, yeah.