Thread: Epic Team Full of Win: my SoulSilver Team

Default Epic Team Full of Win: my SoulSilver Team

All right guys, this team is going to be a little different than my previous teams... I hope you're all prepared. Without further ado, my epic team full of win. (Bear in mind, this is solely for in-game purposes. Just to beat the gyms and the E4)

Jolteon @ Leftovers(!)
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
    -Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Agility
    -Wish/Substitute/Thunder Wave/Light Screen
    -Baton Pass

I bet you never thought you'd see him on a team of mine. He's support, mainly bearing Agility and Baton Pass for a purpose you will soon find out. EVs may be reinvested into Special Attack, just in case.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
    Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
    -Fly
    -Rock Smash
    -Defog
    -Cut

This is fantastic set. Fly is a great STAB move, and makes Skarmory a reliable Skiploom counter. Defog laughs in the face of Double Teamers and Minimizers. Rock Smash has that 50% chance of lowering the foe's defense, perfect for breaking down physical walls. Cut is the last move on the set, rounding it out quite nicely and giving it some neutral coverage. Shed Shell gets me out of a lot of sticky situations, and gives me a nice check to Tentacool/cruel, who can't trap me with Wrap.

Golduck @ Life Orb
    Hasty Nature
    EVs: 176 Atk / 80 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
    -Waterfall
    -Surf
    -Rock Climb
    -Strength

I opted to got with a mixed set here. Water+Normal means he'll be hitting everything in the game for at least neutral damage, except for Empoleon and Shedinja. Waterfall and Surf provide STAB Water attacks on both sides of the offensive spectrum, helpful for wallbreaking. You might think it's odd that I have both Rock Climb and Strength on the same set, but it's not. Rock Climb has slightly more base power and a confusion chance of 20%, but at the drawback of having 85% accuracy. When I'm not feeling risky, Strength gives me a nice, safe fall-back plan.

ZOMG IT'S A F*CKING BEAR @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature (Guts)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    -Return
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Punch
    -Swords Dance

Ladies and gentlemen, the star of this one-man show. I completely intend to sweep all of Johto with just him. Maybe one other Pokemin, just in case, but for the most part, me and my Ursaring will basically be flattening villages for the few months following the release of SS. So you see, after two Agilities from Jolteon, he basically outruns everything he'll be facing, so no speed invesments are necessary. Then, after a single Swords Dance, he goes on a rampage and just wins.

Oh, and he will be shiny.

So there it is, my future SoulSilver team. Go ahead and bask in its glory, and rate away.
    Last edited by Vaporeon4evr; 12th August 2009 at 5:17 PM.
    This signature is horrendously outdated.

Are you seriously planning on using your HM slaves for battle? Don't give them any items. Nor EVs.

What can I say, though? Ingame, this is going to work. Too bad you can't get Ninjask for passing to Ursaring, as she would probably be better.

You might want one Pokemon for backup. Like a Sp.Sweeper too.
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    Are you seriously planning on using your HM slaves for battle? Don't give them any items. Nor EVs.

What can I say, though? Ingame, this is going to work. Too bad you can't get Ninjask for passing to Ursaring, as she would probably be better.
    I know, I really wanted to use Ninjask, but unfortunately, he's unavailable in-game. Jolteon's a good speed passer, though. I'm sure he'll pull through.

You might want one Pokemon for backup. Like a Sp.Sweeper too.
    Considering this is a gimmick team (shocking, right?), I'm probably going to use Choice Band Azumarill as my backup. I know he's physical, but meh, I'll find a way around it.

I love you, man. I ****ing love you.

The only problems I can pick out are on Jolteon's and Skarmory's EVs. You might as well go the full mile and just give the former 252 Spe and Skarmory 252 Def, because I can't see these making a difference In-Game.

As For Jolteon's moves, give it Sub. The Screens won't cover you very well without Light Clay, you're passing speed so T-Wave doesn't make a difference, and you have potions for Wish and Ursaring shouldn't take to much damage coming in unless you're trying to go in on a SE attack. Sub on the other hand gives him either a free entry and/or a free SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    I love you, man. I ****ing love you.
    100 views, and someone FINALLY gets how much genius exists in this team.

The only problems I can pick out are on Jolteon's and Skarmory's EVs. You might as well go the full mile and just give the former 252 Spe and Skarmory 252 Def, because I can't see these making a difference In-Game.
    Hell, why not?

As For Jolteon's moves, give it Sub. The Screens won't cover you very well without Light Clay, you're passing speed so T-Wave doesn't make a difference, and you have potions for Wish and Ursaring shouldn't take to much damage coming in unless you're trying to go in on a SE attack. Sub on the other hand gives him either a free entry and/or a free SD.
    Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon4evr
    100 views, and someone FINALLY gets how much genius exists in this team.
    It would be even better if you used the actual meme for Ursaring's name. Neither what you have or the actual thing will fit.

Hell, why not?
    Skarm's EVs are not that good. 80 Atk really won't make much of a difference.

It would be even better if you used the actual meme for Ursaring's name. Neither what you have or the actual thing will fit.
    Rephrase, not sure I follow.

Skarm's EVs are not that good. 80 Atk really won't make much of a difference.
    I just want enough power to at least 2HKO a Modest Corsola before it does me in with Ice Beam >_>

...I hope no one bothers to run that calc.

Rephrase, not sure I follow.
    I was saying that Ursaring's 'name' would be better if it was the original meme, which was 'OH MY GOD IT'S A LION (bear in this case) GET IN THE CAR'. However, that, nor your current 'nickname' you have on it will fit the 10 Character limit that nicknames have.

I just want enough power to at least 2HKO a Modest Corsola before it does me in with Ice Beam >_>

...I hope no one bothers to run that calc.
    lol. Because we all know Corsola is the epitome of attacking power.

I was saying that Ursaring's 'name' would be better if it was the original meme, which was 'OH MY GOD IT'S A LION (bear in this case) GET IN THE CAR'. However, that, nor your current 'nickname' you have on it will fit the 10 Character limit that nicknames have.
    Ah, I'll go ahead and do that. For in game, the best I can think of is "OMG A BEAR" or "F*CKABEAR!"

lol. Because we all know Corsola is the epitome of attacking power.
    When paired with Choice Specs Luvdisc in the Rain, you'd be surprised :P Thank god I'm not gonna face Luvdisc before the E4.

Eh, i would choose Slash > Return, but thats my opinion, and you don't want that,

oh and scizor laughs at jolteon, use scizor instead

Scizor (Impish) @Leftovers or Salac / Petaya / Leichi Berry
    Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spd
    ~Sword's dance / agility / iron defense
    ~Baton pass
    ~Roost / Substitute
    ~X-Scissor / Iron head

in my opinion, he owns as a baton passer, i'd rather use him instead of Jolteon

but, my opinion is usually crap so you may not want to ****ing use it

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

Ah, I'll go ahead and do that. For in game, the best I can think of is "OMG A BEAR" or "F*CKABEAR!"
    Kay then.

When paired with Choice Specs Luvdisc in the Rain, you'd be surprised :P Thank god I'm not gonna face Luvdisc before the E4.
    OH THANK GOD, LUVDISC CAN COMPLETELY RAPE EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708
    Eh, i would choose Slash > Return, but thats my opinion, and you don't want that,
    lol slash

oh and scizor laughs at jolteon,
    No, not really.

Scizor (Impish) @Leftovers or Salac / Petaya / Leichi Berry
    Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spd
    ~Sword's dance / agility / iron defense
    ~Baton pass
    ~Roost / Substitute
    ~X-Scissor / Iron head
    Nice Smogon set.

but, my opinion is usually crap so you may not want to ****ing use it
    You're finally catching on?

its not smogon it's marriland set

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario0708 View Post
    its not smogon it's marriland set
    lol Marriland.

Marriland is worse than Serebii when it comes to playing Pokemon seriously.

And that's saying something.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

*Sigh*

Lucario, this team is gimmick and hilarious. Scizor totally ruins both of those.

I chuckled when I read this thread and Ursaring's nickname.

Anyways, I think you should replace Golduck with Luvdisc. In the rain, Aqua Jet does as much as 6% to Dragonite!
    4785-5873-5392