Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stategy Begins At Home (606)

Default Stategy Begins At Home (606)

Dawn VS Mom! Showdown Between Parent & Child!!

Back in Twinleaf Town, Ash & Co. visit Dawn's mother. While there, the gang decide to partake in the Twinleaf Festival. However, Dawn decides to challenge her mother to a battle. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So apparently Johanna won- no surprises there

Why were TR fishing, they caught all heaps of Water Pokemon, and what did they do...throw them back in the water! why didn't they catch them! geez TR are stupid...and who was the girl at Dawn's house, the one with the Bellossom.

Good episode. i loved how Dawn combined Whirlpool with Pachirisu's thunder, it was great.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I can't say that I'm surprised Dawn lost the battle. It just didn't seem like she was ready to beat her mother in a battle. But hopefully someday she will beat Johanna in an official battle.
    Anyway, the episode was pretty good, Bellossom was cool to see.

As I've seen pointed out, the outfit Ash was wearing in the flashback was the same he wore in Movie 3. Some pretty good continuity. Cue speculation that the Gene Eric in the flashback was Ash's daddy. :0

And hey, Barboach!

Can someone tell me who are these old people & what were the doing in the episode,

What a surprise. Dawn lost, and used Piplup and Pachirisu. You can see this stuff a mile away.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

i figured dawn would loose, but of course sshe had to use pachirisu and piplup -.- i was hoping she would use Mamoswine and Piplup : P

ohwell
    Name: Saru f/c~ 3953 5041 2718

~ Kairyu my number one dragonite

credits to ASH^_^

my deviant art, check it out if you want--
    http://aevumangel.deviantart.com/

What moves did Johanna's Umbreon use?
    And i was like "thats what she said" XD

Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Swift and Attract...the same goes for Glameow

Quote Originally Posted by Camus View Post
    Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Swift and Attract...the same goes for Glameow
    I thought it knew Assist.

I have to admit - I thought there would be more to the battle than we saw in the preview.

And I agree, Bellossom was fantastic! Having the same Groagunk attitude.

But, yes, who were the two old people, why were TR just fishing, and who was the other girl in Joanna's house?
    Pokemon X Team
    Spike / Carlita / Jackpot / Gildarts / Arya / Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I thought it knew Assist.
    It's not assist, because all attacks that Joanna ordered, were given simultainly to both pokemon
    Last edited by Camus; 13th August 2009 at 5:12 PM.

If Dawn had won I would not have been very happy
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I haven't watched yet, but is TR fishing a sign that there's a new water pokemon headed their way? We know water pokemon appear next episode

^ yes it going to be lombre's other evolution called ludiking.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post
    Why were TR fishing, they caught all heaps of Water Pokemon, and what did they do...throw them back in the water! why didn't they catch them! geez TR are stupid...and who was the girl at Dawn's house, the one with the Bellossom.
    Haha I know! They caught some pretty good ones too! I can't believe they didn't catch them and try to send them to the boss. Couple of johto pokemon in this episode too...ledyba, heracross, umbreon, bellossom, and sunflora. Nice to see them again

Quote Originally Posted by npdargy312 View Post
    If Dawn had won I would not have been very happy
    Me too. I was not very hapy when she beat May...

I believe the girl johannas student was named noa but anywho dawn lost didnt take much brains to figure that out did dawns pokemon get k.od against johannas pokemon ?

I actually figured Dawn would win since she beat her mom's friend in a contest

I liked this episode. ^^ We got to see Ash's mom via video phone, along with Prof. Oak. Dawn battled her mom and lost (not surprisingly), and we got to see a threatening Bellossom. xD It was a great ep, I'm surprised Brock tried to hit on that woman so many times. O.o

(I couldn't think of anywhere to put this so sorry if its in wrong spot. )

The main group is in the first town again right did it mention they were going back there in the previous few episodes or they randomly showed up? I also have another question did they walk there or take some means of transportation?

On topic i just read thru the first few posts sounds like a pretty decent episode did oak call ash or the other way around Im surprised non of his johto pokemon didn't show up like totildile seeing as the other two starters are appearing in a few episodes.
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

-Look, it's Johanna's house! Quick, find an old Pallette Town episode so we can see if they just reused the design from Deliah's house!
    -Judging by their reaction to Piplup, Glameow and Umbreon obviously post on SPPf.
    -Hey look, it's GSC Remake Advertising Character of the Day!
    -Dawn has a whole four ribbons! I'm sure everyone is impressed. Brock sure is, given how he literally shoves her aside to hit on GSCRACOTD.
    -It's been 5 seconds of this and it doesn't look like it's stopping! Where's Croagunk?!
    -Oh, there it is. And Bellossum gets some bonus points by stun sporing Brock at the same time Croagunk stabs him. It's funny because it involves someone experiencing pain.
    -So many trophies and pictures of Johanna's career prominently displayed...obviously a cry for help, a cry to be saved from the dreary life of a housewife that fills her time now. Either that or Johanna loves massaging her ego all day. "Oh yes, I won ALL of those trophies! Hell yes, I'm awesome! I'm the BEST! Look at me, I'm so gorgeous in these photos! I'm the greatest, most talented, most BRILLIANT person alive!" Now imagine her thoughts being like that all day, and...
    -Meanwhile. Team Rocket is fishing. And they're in disguise despite partaking in a legal activity.
    -Oh wait, that guy who yelled at them looked vaguely boss-ish. I guess they've been hired to fish for...something. Probably something specific, given the "omg they released tons of pokemon they lured in!" complaints I'm seeing.
    -Johanna's a good cook. Shocking! Brock still makes awesome Pokemon food! A pathetic reminder that he technically still has a goal of becoming a great Pokemon breeder!
    -Washing dishes by HAND? You'd think that with all the gadgets and advanced technoglogy we've seen in the Pokemon world, people would at least have dishwashers in their houses.
    -Seriously, Johanna has a fancy flatscreen videophone thing, but she doesn't have a dishwasher. What the hell, woman?
    -Once again, the anime expects us to give a shit about Oak's Pokemon senryu. Once again, I don't give a shit.
    -HEY REMEMBER *ASH'S* MOM? REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SHE DID ANYTHING? NEITHER DO I!
    -I bet Johanna just loves having Brock do the gardening for free!
    -Don't ask me what's up with Johanna's "neighbors", because I don't know.
    -Blah blah little boy in the woods blah blah WHOA ASH FLASHBACK
    -Cue 8 million theories about how the brown-haired man in the flashback is Ash's dad
    -Dawn is doing some military planning for her upcoming battle, but Pachirisu(it exists?!) wanders off and points out...a little frame above the TV with pictures of Dawn doing contesty stuff(mostly ribbons, one pic has her standing next to Walalce). I bet Dawn will be so happy about the space she's getting compared to the three shelves of stuff Johanna put up about herself.
    -I'm starting to like this Bellossum. Anything that starts glowing black when Brock hits on girls too much is ok with me! (of course, Croagunk's doing that too...)
    -Glameow&Umbreon defy the laws of physics to get past Dawn's opening Brine+Discharge(or thundershock or something. Look man, don't judge me, all electric attacks look exactly the same, okay?!) combo.
    -*skips over 3 minutes of predictable battle*
    -DAWN LOST WOW I NEVER EXPECTED THIS
    -Dawn's happy anyway. Because her mom is awesome, I guess?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

WHy are the pictures for this episode not up on the main site yet. I would like to see them.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast