Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stategy Begins At Home (606)

We also see so much of Zoey's Glameow that seeing Johanna's Glameow was hardly any different.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    I didn't really like this episode. Dawn versus her mother just didn't sound too exciting anyways.
    I was just going to look at the pics on this site but i just stopped at the part Ash was talking to his mom b/c I got bored lol.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

does anyone have this episode subbed, i don't want to watch my other ones with this one missing =(

I have to admit, when I heard the title the first time I thought this would be the prep to a contest between Dawn and her mom.

Of course it isn't. I liked the battle between them though. It was flashy.

6/10

I can understand Dawn beening beat since she is not as experienced as her mother
    Btw -.- hate her mothers pokemon
    Love piplup's and pachirisu's Combined attack electric whirlpool
    Go Dawn!!!

<--- Best starters <3

Kunoz <3

the episode was good, i really liked that part whit Ash and the kid and lol dwaf Rapidash.

the battle was short but good.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

If there was no battle, the episode would have been VERY boring. It kind of was. Anyway, no surprise in Dawn losing to her mother even though it was nice to see Dawn was able to manage one hit.

Also, I liked it when Ash was talking to the kid.

Overall, I pretty bland episode.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I thought that the episode was pretty good. It is a great start to the Twinleaf Festival. Of course Johanna would beat Dawn. I liked seeing Oak and Delia too although it was just over the phone.

8.5/10
    Overall a pretty decent episode. Obviously the battle was short which I guess is ok. Ash mentioning his Bulbasaur and Heracross again was cool. There's been too much episodes involving Dawn and her Pok&#233;mon though, more than Ash in Sinnoh it looks like.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was great to see Dehlia! They need to bring her back for a few episodes. Like a phone call every 10 episodes. Ash seemed to call Oak and her more in Kanto days! Was it me or did Sarah change her voice for her since Battle Frontier?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    If there was no battle, the episode would have been VERY boring. It kind of was. Anyway, no surprise in Dawn losing to her mother even though it was nice to see Dawn was able to manage one hit.

Also, I liked it when Ash was talking to the kid.

Overall, I pretty bland episode.
    Yes, i wasn't surprised. Dawn was not ready enough to beat her mother. and Ash remember that he wanted once a Rapidash was great, i never thinking he loved it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

What's wrong with Team Rocket? They catch a Barboach, a Finneon, a Whiscash, a Crawdaunt, a Remoraid, and a Feebas, and throw all of them back? I mean, yeah, I know this is Team Rocket, but they could surely at least overpower a Feebas, couldn't they?
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

What a shame, I thought the battle between Dawn and her mother would take place in a Pokemon contest. It's hilarious that Team Rocket tried to catch some Goldeen but end up getting fish Pokemon much stronger than Goldeen, and eventually a gosh darn Gyarados.

It was a good episode. We get to see Dawn and her mom battle and Team Rocket trying to catch some Goldeen, only to get blasted away by a Gyarados in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    way to go cartoon network it started 8 minutes early and i missed that much of it!
    I KNOW! Crazy. It used to start just a minute or two early, but what goes on in the middle of the night to make it be 8 minutes early?!

Besides that...it was an awesome episode! I especially liked it when Ash went on a little stroll with pikachu and ran into Nathaniel. We even got a glimpse of Ash's history with Heracross! Brought me back to the good ole days!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    I KNOW! Crazy. It used to start just a minute or two early, but what goes on in the middle of the night to make it be 8 minutes early?!

Besides that...it was an awesome episode! I especially liked it when Ash went on a little stroll with pikachu and ran into Nathaniel. We even got a glimpse of Ash's history with Heracross! Brought me back to the good ole days!
    Oh. no wonder I missed the Opening Theme Song. Cartoon Network is really annoying me now especially with all that Teen Live stuff.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

With Ash mentioning Heracross, do you think that is a sign of returning after the Sinnoh League?

But I also enjoyed this episode as well. Dehlia's voice sounded much better than how she sounded during the Battle Frontier episodes. But going back to when Ash met Nathaniel I thought that was cool, that he mentioned Haracross and Bulbasaur.
    Last edited by Brainwashed; 2nd January 2010 at 8:12 PM.
    Plat FC: ???? ???? ????
    Name: SCOTT

I lost My DS along with my Platinum game.

I really liked this episode. Though this episode was a luttle dull due to the only battle being very short it didn't take that much away for me. Though, the young Ash sounded like Taylor's Ash which kind of surprised me for a moment.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Oh. no wonder I missed the Opening Theme Song. Cartoon Network is really annoying me now especially with all that Teen Live stuff.
    Haha yeah! I always had to set my DVR two minutes early, but even that didn't help me this morning. I think a lot of people are starting to get annoyed with CN, especially after the first time change to 6:00am.

Best part of the episode.

V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Is it me, or is Johanna's voice somehow worse when she's in eprson than it is over the phone?

Oh yes: *Obligatory "Flashback man is Ash's dad" comment*
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Best part of the episode.

Brock had an afro!!!!

This was a really funny episode
    1) Piplup was once again denied by fellow pokemon
    2)Bellosom joined in with crogunk with brock flirted.
    3)Brock got hit for flirting twice in this eipsode, almost 5 times!!
    4) when pikachu was running in the forest and stopped it sounded like when scooby doo stops running.

Also did anyone notice that besides pokemon already seen before this episode, flashback pokemon, and pokemon team rocket was trying to catch were only johto pokemon?
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

OMG everyone! That brown haired man from the flash back must have been Ash's dad! I wonder if he'll show up in the next episode to challenge Ash to a battle! [/crazy speculation]

Anyway, I tivo'd this episode and I can tell I missed a lot at the beginning. I doubt it maters though, because the episode wasn't all that good anyway. I liked that Ash mentioned his Heracross and Bulbasaur, but I was waiting for the big battle between Dawn and Johanna the entire episode and when it finally came it was boring.

Oh well. Maybe the rest of the Twinleaf festival will be more entertaining.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert_trainer View Post
    OMG everyone! That brown haired man from the flash back must have been Ash's dad! I wonder if he'll show up in the next episode to challenge Ash to a battle! [/crazy speculation]
    That can't Ash's father because if he is, then Ash would have brown hair instead of black. His real father would have the same hair color as Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    ^ yes it going to be lombre's other evolution called ludiking.
    Or Ludicrous.
    x)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast