Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stategy Begins At Home (606)

@ Juputoru - GSCRACOTD? Not sure on that one...

Ok...I finally found the full episode and watched it. While I knew Dawn would lose (did anyone think she'd win???), for me, I'm filing this episode under the "It could have been better" section. Whatever word in Japanese translates to showdown in English really needs to be reexamined because that was all but a showdown. I suppose they want to convey excitement or suspense, but it was more a display of combos.

Like others, I'm confused as to what the double Quick Attacks were about. Could someone maybe translate that if there's an explanation?

Jessie is a moron for throwing that Feebas back. She wants a Milotic, right?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

This episode was okay but nothing exciting. I'm glad Dawn lost.

The World God Only knows

It was a fairly good episode but it took too long for the battle to start, and it was just a few minutes long. It was fun to watch, however short it may have been. I also liked that Dawn used Pachirisu for a change.
    Croagunk and Bellossum tag team attack Brock was very funny too.

Team Rocket was tossing back all those Water Pokemon was pretty dumb, especially Jesse getting rid of the Feebas... Why where they collecting Goldeen though?
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

EDIT: Ignorant mistake removed. My apologies.

And to make sure this post isn't just spam: I'm not surprised that Dawn lost (figured the mother wouldn't lose, accomplished coordinator that she is), but I am pleased. Umbreon has always been a favorite of mine, so it's good to see it obtain victory, tho' I am disappointed if it's as rude as some of the posts have been saying. Also good for Pachirisu to get some screentime, even if it was shared with Piplup. Gonna be an interesting ep to watch, at least.
    Last edited by ThousandMaster; 18th August 2009 at 8:00 PM.

Pokemon RPG: Welcome to Adia New members always welcome.

The episode looks very good. About time Ash and Brock met Johanna.

BTW, who is the lady in Johanna's house.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    The episode looks very good. About time Ash and Brock met Johanna.

A friend maybe but i agree. It seems Johanna is getting better treatment then any of the moms we've seen imo since she is more involed with Dawn and her goals.

The World God Only knows

Thumbs down

OMG, 5 days have already passed since the episode aired. Where are the freaking pictures?????!

Be patient! We're lucky we even get to see episode pictures!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

If you honestly can't wait, go somewhere else and look at them. God, this pictures aren't your whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    If you honestly can't wait, go somewhere else and look at them. God, this pictures aren't your whole life.
    Apparently they are to him lol. The pictures will show up. People just have to be patient.

The World God Only knows

It was some student of Johanna's and I think a friend of Dawn's.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

lol, I will be patient. Joe usually has them up the day after the show though doesn't he?

Why does Johanna need a student? Why can't Dawn just be her student?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

This episode.... So boring.

After it takes us about halfway through the episode before we even think about the match between Dawn and Johanna, you know it's more about the family part rather than the match itself.

And what a crappy battle it was. Dawn's side barely did anything. Combine Whirlpool with Discharge and execute a Suppa Thang? Boring. They get knocked out easily thanks to Johanna's Pokemon, too. Which, I'll add, had really lame attacks. Quick Attack, Swift, Shadow Ball... the same crap we've seen before. I'm getting May's Eevee flashbacks. Attract was a nice favor but nothing special. Exactly how do her Pokemon defy gravity?

Bellossom was cool. I was not expecting Stun Spore as a deterrent like Poison Jab from Crogunk.

Anyone know what Team Rocket was doing at Generic Lake #827 (because, I swear, Sinnoh give Johto and Hoenn a run for their money with those things). They nearly caught the whole ecosystem of life in that place, even managing to snag a Gyarados.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Angry

It's been nearly a week and still no episode pictures! Also, the front page stopped mentioning it, so you'd think that they won't! I guess I'll just have to wait until it is dubbed and then watch it online.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by lucario750 View Post
    can anyone please tell me if dawn beat here mom
    Read the first reply of the first page and find your answer.

Also, any further posts that whine about pictures get deleted. (Here's a hint for the impatient: Other fansites do exist!)

While a subbed viewing would certainly help understanding the first 18 minutes of the episode, this is simply one of those episodes that may have fallen victim to hype. A lot of fans got false hopes from the title and preview, but what we got was merely a realistic depiction of what happens when a Grand Festival champion goes up against someone who has never even entered a GF. Besides, Dawn still got some pretty decent hits in. Still, as lukewarm as I am to Johanna's character, it was nice to see her compassionate toward Dawn as opposed to in earlier Sinnoh.

When I talk about Croagunk's routine being able to stay fresh thanks to new takes on its gag, the Bellossom here was a good example. Great stuff. I'm also glad Delia got a brief role; can't recall whether or not Dawn had seen her before. Definitely not a bad episode, but I think many folks got some false impressions.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

i didnt kno dawn's mother had an umbreon :O . i thought she only had glameow ..

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    It's been nearly a week and still no episode pictures! Also, the front page stopped mentioning it, so you'd think that they won't! I guess I'll just have to wait until it is dubbed and then watch it online.
    This isn't the only site in the world where they post pictures you know.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 21st August 2009 at 6:11 AM.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/epguid...=1007#pictures go to this website. it has the pics.

thanks for the pics, taking serebii over 10 days to get them on the site

I want to hear the conversion between Ash and his Mom.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Red face

lol johanna obviously won. This is one of them "contest episode battles"
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer_Dude View Post
    lol johanna obviously won. This is one of them "contest episode battles"
    Yea she's WAYY more experienced with Dawn. The only thing is that Dawn defeated that lady in the celestic town contest when Johanna couldn't. Maybe if Dawn trained Ambipom all by herself she would have lost.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I didn't really like this episode. Dawn versus her mother just didn't sound too exciting anyways.

It would have been better if Johanna's pok&#233;mon didn't just repeat the same moves.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast