View Poll Results: WHICH ONE

Voters
1912. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you playing as the Male or Female character?

Female, because I'm so addicted of playing a female character in any game, especially pokemon.

Male. The female doesn't deserve to be included taking the place of Kris (jk...sort of).

I'm playing as the female, considering that I am one.
    >_>
    White 2 FC: 2237 5462 9895

Male, and named Silver, after all I'm getting SoulSilver.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I know it's supposed to look hip, fresh, and high-tech, but if you look at the new male character for HGSS, wouldn't you much rather wear a backpack (like his old design) than his new bag? I've tried a bag like the new one before, and it really kills your singled-out shoulder.

Seriously people, it's over. Kris (NOT F**KING MARINA) has been replaced by Soul, Gold has a new outfit. Stop flogging the dead horse, It's getting repetitive to hear you purist whine about everything that happens in a remake. Gamefreak didn't have to make them and they did, just be happy that we're getting them.

Anyway. Who you play as in a game, especially Pokemon, has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. Do you guys feel akward playing Metroid because Samus is a chick? Or do you girls feel awkward playing Mario, Zelda and Kirby because they are all male? Gender in Video games is moot.

I'll be doing what i always do, play as the male on my main game, which will be silver.
    And as the female on Gold, when i get it afterwards.

Though the female O_o' wtf? She's nothing like the old one.. she was much better back then.

-fryjak

(Click here to go to my forums. I need some more staff, if you are interested please PM me ^_^)
    www.gi-forums.com
    Clubs i am in
    Spinda club (GI)
    Wolf Lovers Club (SPP)
    Dawn Club (SPP)
    UK Pokémon Gamers Club (SPP)
    owner of clubs
    Spinda club (GI)
    Gyms i am leader of
    Spinda gym (GI)

I'll be playing as the male. I always do. XD

How dare they trade Crystal out for that girl. Crys was SO much cooler. That being said, I will be playing as Gold on SoulSilver. I would play as Silver, but thats not a option. D=
    PASBL Trainer Level 2

Current Game Challenges
    Pearl Scramble Challenge:
    Emerald Scramble Challenge:
    FireRed Monotype Challenge: Fire-type

If I end up getting Ss and Hg I'll probably pick both.
    But if I end up getting only the latter then I'll pick the male character.

I'm over it now, but Kris didn't need to be replaced by a 70's cowgirl who's into Mario cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameRose View Post
    And I like Soul's design better then Kris's, anyway.
    What evil has befouled your mind?!

Android Dreams
    ~

I'm playing as the male on SS.But I don't know why they replaced Crys with her She looks like a girl form of mario.Nothing like a PKMN Trainer.
    3DS FC: 0387 9244 2121

I'll play as the female. Because I am a female. Oh my.
    Future SoulSilver Team:

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values,
    I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection,
    and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are,
    and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
    If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
    (Started by Tyranitar)

The Female is just meh =/ I'll be playing as the Male again like every other game I play nowadays >.<
    MY HEARTGOLD TEAM
    Tyranitar level 80
    Typhlosion level 81
    Feraligatr level 81
    Ampharos level 81
    Scizor level 86
    Dragonite level 81

Pokemon HeartGold Friend Code:: Aeroi 0389 0997 4494 Accepting trades, and battle offers!

Next Stop! Training my Team for Wi-fi Play! Gotta catch em all!

Most likely a male.cause that who I am
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

male there fore i am
    If you're one of the 10% who never lost faith in Gold and Silver remakes, and you were RIGHT, copy and paste this into your sig, and then do a victory dance!!!
    -Started by: GengarNightmare

by chimchar15
    http://my.gpxpl.us/charizardking
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    !
    Not to mention the female trainer is "Daisy Duke from Dukes of Hazzard" in a trucker hat and the male trainer is a blue Marty McFly
    by ecokitty on deviant art
    officially claimed elekid

Seriously people, it's over. Kris (NOT F**KING MARINA) has been replaced by Soul, Gold has a new outfit. Stop flogging the dead horse, It's getting repetitive to hear you purist whine about everything that happens in a remake. Gamefreak didn't have to make them and they did, just be happy that we're getting them.
    Marina was the name she was given in Pokemon Chronicles, so she doesn't have just one name. I also heard that she even had the name Amanda and Jodi...
    well anyways here's the proof behind it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kris

Sorry for 'whining,' I hope it's not a crime to express my opinion? Considering it's a remake, Gamefreak had to stick to making somewhat similar characters, not brand new ones, so they didn't have a huge open choice about it. In FRLG, the male resemble Ash, and the girl is Blue from the Pokemon Special manga, so I found it strange that they didn't pull Kris into the game.
    My White Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa500 View Post
    Sorry for 'whining,' I hope it's not a crime to express my opinion? Considering it's a remake, Gamefreak had to stick to making somewhat similar characters, not brand new ones, so they didn't have a huge open choice about it. In FRLG, the male resemble Ash, and the girl is Blue from the Pokemon Special manga, so I found it strange that they didn't pull Kris into the game.
    I think the character redesign of Kris/Marina was unnecessary but regrettably (since I do agree with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" principle - and there were definitely things in G/S/C more in need of repair then the female playable character) what's done is done.

Have to say though Kris' design looked better then Soul's. But maybe they thought she looked too much like Haraku/May?

I'm a boy, and usually I choose the character of my own gender in Pokemon games, so I'm going to be Gold, the male character.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

male on soul silver and female on heart gold
    ElliOt ThE LAprAs TamEr

If You Wish To Battle Me, Just Send A Message

Male for obvious reasons .

HINT = I'm a male XD

I'm gonna choose the male one for a change..although being male myself, I always hate how the male characters look in the Pokemon games.
    The only exceptions were Red and Gold.

But even in Leaf Green I chose the girl because I found her cuter than Red.

Finally in Soul Silver I can be the male because Gold looks too cool to pass up..not to mention the Nostalgia I have for my old Silver game..man I loved that thing.. *sigh*

I don't know, if Kris had been included, that would have been an awful lot of blue hair for one generation if she got together with Dawn.
    Adventure Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cackles View Post
    I don't know, if Kris had been included, that would have been an awful lot of blue hair for one generation if she got together with Dawn.
    LOL that's an interesting take on this.

I will choose the female trainer even though she does not look as good as Marina/Kris. Gold does look pretty good, but I always choose the female.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I'll be the female character for the same reason me and my friends always do, because we don't want to look at another guy all day when we're playing.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I think the character redesign of Kris/Marina was unnecessary but regrettably (since I do agree with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" principle - and there were definitely things in G/S/C more in need of repair then the female playable character) what's done is done.
    they cant have kris cause it's not crystal her game
    If you're one of the 10% who never lost faith in Gold and Silver remakes, and you were RIGHT, copy and paste this into your sig, and then do a victory dance!!!
    -Started by: GengarNightmare

by chimchar15
    http://my.gpxpl.us/charizardking
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegend View Post
    !
    Not to mention the female trainer is "Daisy Duke from Dukes of Hazzard" in a trucker hat and the male trainer is a blue Marty McFly
    by ecokitty on deviant art
    officially claimed elekid

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast