Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Faux Oak Finish (607)

Default A Faux Oak Finish (607)

Rescue Professor Oak! Politoed VS Croagunk!!

Still in Twinleaf for the Twinleaf Festival, Ash & co. learn that Professor Oak is soon coming to town to help people. However, when he's late, Ash & Co. go to find him, just to find out that Professor Oak has been kidnapped by a Politoed and some Quagsire. To make matters worse, James is in town posing as Professor Oak as part of a nefarious scheme. Will Ash & Co. rescue Professor Oak?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Pics from the episode,

It had some funny scenes, but it was kinda disappointing filler episode IMO.
    I really think the main purpose of this episode was just promoting bunch of Johto Pokemon for upcoming game.

- Pikachu helping frozen Pochama lol. This was my favorite scene of the episode
    - Match between two frogs were really short. I wonder why they put their name on title.
    - Satoshi uses pokedex on EVERY SINGLE POKEMON. They are really promoting Johto Pokemon.
    - Oh wow. Vangiras (Tyranitar). I can't believe that little kid owns this monster.

Next episode looks interesting at least... Jun does show up, but judging by the preview, it doesn't look like he is doing anything important.

I find it funny that Oak was kidnapped by QUAGSIRE of all pokemon. Its like the most retarded pokemon around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    During your experience at SPPf, there is unfortunatley no protection or clause that states "Mods shall not be bitchy."
    That's right... I AM KIRA

3DS Friend code: 3351 4126 2678
    PM me your code if you add mine. Mainly up for Mario Kart 7 but don't mind other suggested games if I have them!

DAYUM. Baby got back. lol. Nice to see there's a slightly better looking side to Johanna.

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post

DAYUM. Baby got back. lol. Nice to see there's a slightly better looking side to Johanna.
    I thought it was nice to see a Tyranitar owned by a "normal" person.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by mythic mist View Post

dayum. Baby got back. Lol. Nice to see there's a slightly better looking side to johanna.
    Does not compute.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    I find it funny that Oak was kidnapped by QUAGSIRE of all pokemon. Its like the most retarded pokemon around.
    Seriously? He owns a Dragonite apparently, and manages to get kidnapped by a Quagsire? WTF
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

This episode was alright but it was pretty pointless IMO

One funny bit was the music that played when croagunk took the lead over piplup....comical lol
    Croagunk vs Politoed my hat it was croagunk and politoed jump into the air don't even hit each other and politoed collapses..............terrible
    You would think brock would mention something like i had a lombre once when he saw it
    James being oak was again pointless
    Cool tyranitar and it's good that they actually show that a little kid can have one

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Carried over from the locked Speculation Topic (and from Waterpokes).

why not just move the group faster to Sunnyshore?
    One reason may be that they'd miss Dawn's Contest if they went to Sunnyshore immediately. Incidentally despite being apparently captured by Team Galactic and delayed traveling they'll likely make the next Contest.

Or not. Then Dawn can blubber about it for an episode or two.

Cool tyranitar and it's good that they actually show that a little kid can have one
    Do you think ... nah ...

Nice to see a Dark Type being shown all happy like and not shooting Hyper Beams, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    Well I would have been even more funny if he was kidnapped by like a guess I wouldn't happen though it doesn't even have arms =(

If anyone knows of a site where I can watch streaming Japanese episodes please pm me (if it had sub titles that would be even greater)=]

~Thanks

this episode is ok, I missed Paul.
    Ash used the pokedex on Politoed, Quagsire, Lombre and Lodicolo. wasn't Lombre a part of the main cast in Hoenn? Ash must by now knows everything about Lombre. I won't be surprise if Ash uses his pokedex on pikachu someday.
    Last edited by BirdStaraptor; 20th August 2009 at 10:05 PM.

oak and jame look so alike could this be the best rocket disguise?
    In Game Name:SUJEETH
    FC: DIAMOND 4082-2431-8243
    PLATNUIM 0474-6685-1342
    Soul Silver: Too lazy to type right now.

Check out my Youtube Channel, Where I post Pokemon battles! http://www.youtube.com/user/DuelingMastery

This was so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    Ash must by now knows everything about Lombre. I won't be surprise if Ash uses his pokedex on pikachu someday.

He even commanded it in the episode it evolved!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quagsire? Tyranitar?

Are they just throwing Johto Pokemon into these episodes at random?

[Hey Gravy,] I wouldn't be surprised if a Dunsparce filler rolls around, despite how boring the Pokemon is.

(btw, I have nothing against Dunsparce, it DOES have potential to be awesome.)
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Maybe someone from the main good guy cast can get a Dark type since apparently some kid can have a freakin' Tyranitar.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

oak and jame look so alike could this be the best rocket disguise?
    A surprising number of people were fooled by this disguise according to a Topic run a while back.

Maybe they should wear wigs more.

-Attention SPPf, attention SPPf:The remix of High Touch still sucks.
    -I guess we're supposed to care about the recurring Twinleaf residents by now, since they ARE recurring?
    -James is once again *****d off by Jessie...I mean, once again unwillingly thrust into some scheme by his "friends."
    -Johanna seems suspicious...but then she says something about TV(presumably "oh, people always look so different on TV than they do in real life", although I don't speak moon languages with any sort of authority)
    -You have to wonder why people drive cars in the Pokemon world when they have animals that could probably get them there just as quickly by running really, really, really fast or by flying.
    -Oak goes senile and wanders off into the wildnerness to die, cold and alone.
    -Ash&Co show up, but seem to be more worried about the lecture* Oak has to give than about him deciding that NOW was the best time to wander off to look at wild Pokemon(instead of, you know, after his lecture*?).
    *Oak may not actually be giving a lecture but I assume you're not reading these bulletpoints expecting a 100% correct summary by someone who's fluent in Japanese
    -James unsuccessfuly tries to escape from his impending doom. Remind me again what the point of TR's scheme is this time? Because I honestly have no idea.
    -A boring Poliwhirl hops into some boring water and Boringfessor Oak makes up a boring poem that nobody cares about because his poems are always a boring waste of time.
    -Hey look, it's POLITICALLY INCORRECT INSULT ABOUT A SYNDROME THAT BEGINS WITH A "D" Frog!
    -POLITICALLY INCORRECT INSULT ABOUT A SYNDROME THAT BEGINS WITH A "D" Frog stares vacantly at Senile Old Ma...er...Oak for a moment, before summoning a couple of POLITICALLY INCORRECT INSULT ABOUT A SYNDROME THAT BEGINS WITH A "D" Sire.
    -I have to say, this is the first time I've seen tall grass...REALLY be tall grass.
    -The INSULT ABOUT A SYNDROME THAT BEGINS WITH A "D" Sire carry off Oak. Oak takes his new fate as a human sacrifice rather optimistically.
    -James cleverly tries to get out of speaking by faking a heart attack!
    -When did Croagunk get out of its Pokeball? WHO CARES, CROAGUNK IS AWESOME.
    -Croagunk, Piplup, and Pikachu marching in a single file line...the Mascot Parade was TODAY? How did I forget to mark that on my calendar?!
    -Croagunk apparently can tell when mud's about to get deep. Goddamn it, why can't they do that in the games?
    -There was an honest-to-god "wah wah wah waaaaaaaaah" music cue after Croagunk pulled Piplup out of the mud. That's so corny, and yet so incredible.
    -James' "fake a heart attack plan" might have worked better if he collapsed or something. Luckily, Jessie and Meowth are underneath the floorboards, ready to save the day!
    -James starts well...then breaks into the TR motto! Or so I thought, but he's actually adapting to sound like stuff Oak would talk about.
    -I love how everyone explains away the differences between Fake Oak and Actual Oak by "everything's different on TV, eh?"
    -Ooooh, this was a ploy to get the audience to show off their Pokeballs so that...TR can steal them more easily somehow.
    -The SYNDROME THAT BEGINS WITH A "D" trio of Pokemon comes out of a cave...without Oak in tow! Obviously AshNCo is too late to save Oak, but at least the volcano god has been appeased for another year.
    -Blah blah generic dramtic trading of blows followed by a minute of Croagunk and Politoed doing nothing before Politoed collapses.
    -Too bad the SYNDROME THAT BEGINS WITH A "D" FOLLOWED BY AN "O" Sire are none too pleased about that.
    -Oh wait, AshNco are allowed into the cave anyway.
    -A Lombre's not feeling well. OF COURSE THAT's WHY OAK WAS KIDNAPPED POKEMON ONLY DO BAD THINGS TO HELP OUT ONE OF THEIR FRIENDS IN NEED.
    -Oak is clearly senile, since he's trying to cure Lombre's illness by making funny faces at it.
    -Oak ends up making Lombre feel better by giving it the littlest water stone that ever was so it can evolve into Ludicolo, the Other Mexican Sterotype Pokemon.
    -Blah blah the gang gets to the lecture hall and OH MY GOD THERE ARE TWO OAKS AND SOMEHOW JAMES ISN'T IMMEDIATELY SWARMED BY AN ANGRY MOB.
    -Some kid volunteers to find out who the real oak is because only the real oak would know (hell if I know what he's talking about) about his TYRANITAR. Kid's packing HEAT!
    -James gets blasted off, Oak demonstrates that he's the perfect combo of senile and nerves of steel by showing no fear when Tyranitar raises its foot over him.
    -Aw, T-tar had a thorn in its foot. How delightfully cliche.

Ep needed more Croagunk, more Tyranitar, and more of Oak being a senile old man. I'm not sure how it managed to NOT have enough of these things, but that's how it was.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Wonder what other disgustingly overpowered pokémon will be owned by some random little kid? Salamence?

It's official: Nameless elderly Twinleaf couple has been in more episodes than Steven Stone and other assorted important characters! Same goes for temp. TR boss-like dude.

Also, I'm convinced that Oak needs to be put in a home. He obviously cannot be trusted outside the confines of a bingo hall. (And for the record, I no longer have any idea what Juputoru is talking about. That's what happens when you study my posting habits - you stop making sense!)

That poor Lombre...must have broken up with his long-time Croconaw girlfriend. Or he lost a bet. Or he suffers from depression. Or he just hates life and thus begs for attention. Either way, it's not enough to make me care about its dilemma, nor does it justify the kidnapping of a random human you've never met and likewise have no idea if he's good for anything.

And Tyranitar has a pebble in his shoe...I mean a thorn in its foot. Next thing ya know, we're gonna have an episode where a Salamence has a leaf caught in its wing, or a Metagross that has a bug on its face. It's been so long since I've seen Johto's Imposter Oak episode that I can't accurately compare, but this seemed quite different anyways. Overall, it seemed like mainly an excuse to give Professor Oak an episode after so long, though I'm intrigued if this TR B-plot is going anywhere.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Does every Lombre have to be depressed and then evolve into a jolly 180 Ludicolo? Brock better have mentioned his. This looks like the most random episode ever.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Eh..this one wasn't so good

Ash checked Poiltoed, Lombre, and Ludicolo on his pokedex. Three pokemon that belonged to people that traveled with him. I'm waiting for the episode he checks Pikachu on the pokedex. "DP167: Ash's Stupidity! Dexter ODs on Tylenol!"

This is the second episode in a row that had VS in it's title but a lackluster battle.

Is the Piplup hate becoming a recurring thing? The writers obviously visit these forums. Elekid/Marill, Umbreon/Glameow, and now Lombre

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Does anyone else get the feeling that Sinnoh has become infected with "Johto Filler Disease"?

I was really expecting more out of this episode :/

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I feel like they're shoving johto down our throats one episode after another. These episodes have titles that have like nothing to do with the plot. Dawn vs. Johanna and Croagunk vs. Politoed had such big affects on the episodes that that's what they should be called. Hopefully once this Twinleaf Festival is over and done with we'll get on with the Sinnoh Region and be done with Johto pokemon at least until they go to Johto.
    So the episodes this summer have been basically all johto fillers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast