Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Faux Oak Finish (607)

Gonna have to agree with S.Suikun here and wonder what Juputoru is talking about "D Frog" etc...

Amazingly this is one of those episodes that you don't really need to know Japanese to understand what is going on.

My only question is who Ice Beam'd Piplup? I saw a poorly editted episode.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I love how both Politoed and Croagunk look similar... and they now have a showdown, haha. Anyone thinks he might evolve?

Signatures by Me.

Can't the writers have enough of showing damn Johto pokemon. i mean we are going to see HEAPS in the Johto BF soon, so why show so many now?

And wtf happened to Professor Oak's Dragonite? i mean i swear it can wipe a few Quagsires. but what do the writers do? they make him get kidnapped by Quagsires instead of wiping them out. totally wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

My only question is who Ice Beam'd Piplup? I saw a poorly editted episode.
    I'm fairly sure it was Buneary

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    this episode is ok, I missed Paul.
    Ash used the pokedex on Politoed, Quagsire, Lombre and Lodicolo. wasn't Lombre a part of the main cast in Hoenn? Ash must by now knows everything about Lombre. I won't be surprise if Ash uses his pokedex on pikachu someday.

Are people honestly still complaining about Ash&co pokedexing already pokedex's pokemon? Please this has been discussed like a million times. This show is supposed to be appealing to new 6-12 year olds, some who weren't even born before the series starter. And even if they were its not like they started watching/understanding pokemon until like age 5 so they have to repeat pokedex entires for the younger audiences.

Yeah but Quagsire just appeared like 50 episodes ago.

Ehh..anyway. Don't they always give us a bunch of fillers around this time of the year?

Edit: Anyone else LOL at the dramatic standoff between the frogs followed up by the "fight" ending in one attack? I actually think the stand off was longer than the battle
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 22nd August 2009 at 1:55 AM.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

This episode looks boring. And what was up w/ Politoed & Croagunk? What's their beef? I mean, is it a frog PKMN thing or what. Prof Oak should punched the daylights out of James for impersonating him.

Tyranitar <3

Sadly, the only really good part of the episode.

This Johto filler fest is really getting to me. That, and the invariably poor writing in the most recent DP episodes. For me, the Politoed VS Croagunk "battle" was as anticlimactic as the Darkrai VS Cresselia one back near Canalave. Why name an episode after a battle that only lasts for around 20-30 seconds (if that) and simply features the Pokemon jumping in the air and 'exploding'?

I'm truly hoping for the higher standards of story-writing to return once we're out of this Johto-promotion slump. Many of the plot elements in this episode smacked of laziness to me.

Did anybody notice that Dawn's mom is dangerously skinny? She's even thinner than Dawn, somehow..

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

That wasn't much of a battle at all. Also, Oak didn't even need to be rescued from anything; he wasn't in any real danger. Neither part of the title makes any sense.
    3/10
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I didn't even bother watch this episode. They are releasing way too many johto pokemon right now and it's just gonna get worse.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I didn't even bother watch this episode. They are releasing way too many johto pokemon right now and it's just gonna get worse.
    Uh that's because of HG/SS and I think it's cool.

Didn't like the overall plot but I enjoyed Politoed verses Croagunk.

6/10

Good episode, i think it wasn't a filler.

It was great to see Oak again. and i loved to see a Tyranitar in the anime, too bad it didn't fight.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

And team rocket thought that posing as professor oak again would hellp, how?

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

This episode wasn't that bad IMO. I like the fact that both Ludicolo and Tyranitar made an appearance because I think they're awesome. The Politoad that battled Croagunk was awfully tough, they're usually pretty jolly. I still hate Prof. Oak's new voice. Overall this episode was OK.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

This episode is pretty bad. Nothing happens at all, and, more importantly, it isn't interesting in the slightest (other than a few cute scenes, but a few scenes can't make a quality episode by themself). I honestly don't think there's much to analyze. Maybe next time....

Decent episode. It wasn't the greatest although it was nice to see Professor Oak again.

5/10
    The episode was ok, but not the greatest. Although Professor Oak returned, I still didn't like the episode too much.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Wow, that was a much better episode than I was expecting. 9/10, I'd say. In fact, I think it's been one of my favorites of Galactic Battles so far! Perhpas it was Croagunk beating up a mafia-boss Politoed rather than Brock. Or maybe it was Piplup sinking continuedly in quicksand, until Pikachu had to pull out the ol' chisel to break it out when Buneary froze the quicksand. Heck, it might have even had to do with the army of Quagsire lackies and good-old happy-fun-time Ludicolo popping up again. Wait, I know! It was James getting knocked through the roof by a Tyranitar tail! Ah, good times, good times!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I find this episode both enjoyable and hilarious. So much nostalgia was running through my head with the older pokemon. The frog battle was quite entertaining. What made me lol the most was the Tyranitar scene, it happened to be one of the most cliche'd problems of an animal: a splinter in the foot, causing it to go crazy. BTW, wasn't there another episode involving a fake Oak?

Seeing Ash use his Pok&#233;Dex on Politoed, Lombre AND Ludicolo made me cry.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

This episode was good. Cool to see such pokemon like Ludicolo and Tyranitar again.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It was good episode. We got to see James dress up as Professor Oak again since Johto. And the fight between Croagunk and Politoed was neat. And the scene where the Tyranitar busts James through the roof was funny. Overall. it's well done.

A lot of johtos are coming out now.

I thought it was team rocket at first that took him, then either hunter j, or galactic, nope pokemon.
    Lol James looked a lot like Oak, expect less tan, skinnier, and green eyes.
    I thought croagunk was going to jab piplup at first, then I was like "oh cool!"
    Ludicolo's spirits sured raised when he evolved!
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Admittedly, it was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was alright. After last week's episode this one was the second standard episode in a row, but well, we can't have everything and I also guess that we've become a little bit too spoiled with all those great Sinnoh episodes. Every now and then there maybe have to be some rather ordinary episodes which don't exactly knock your socks off.

Anyways, what I liked best today was the connect-with-a-Pokemon's-heart motif. Apart from the remaining plot which was rather mundane, that was really a highly profound moment and it once again reminded me of...well, who could it be? - Of course, it reminded me of Cynthia :crush: and her "Poke-philosophy" and that was just amazing!
    /me is wallowing in memories :awww: :awww:

What I didn't like at all, however, was the illogical and thus pretty annoying fact that a little kid (probably much younger than Ash) actually had a Tyranitar.
    I mean, COME ON!!! I had to look twice because couldn't believe that the writers actually had the cheek to give such an epic, powerful Pokemon to a standard, ordinary kid...Pokemon are supposed to be valuable and especially those fully evolved Pokemon require years of training and experience, something that little rug rat didn't have for sure!
    Writers, how dare you "waste" such a great Pokemon by giving it to a random cookie-cutter kid who probably isn't even a trainer....:complain:
    And that I'm right is proven by the fact that the greenhorn didn't even know what was wrong with Tyranitar and how to handle it. What a shameful belittling of this awesome Pokemon!
    But there was yet another thing related to Tyranitar which struck me as pretty unnecessary: How in the world can a Rock-type Pokemon be hurt by a little (and it sure was little in that close-up) thorn?? Sorry, but that was just downright ridiculous.

Apart from those two points of criticism, it was a pretty decent episode.
    6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast