Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Faux Oak Finish (607)

Wow, I really disliked this episode. It was rather awful. Oak's voice was horrible, and the whole plot seemed rather pointless. The only main highlight was seeing Tyranitar again. In quite possible the best series yet, this episode was quite a letdown. 3/10
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

Well this was a pretty boring episode. There was little action in this episode and that was the biggest reason for me calling this episode a dud. Really, the whole Lombre plot was boring and resolved oh-too quickly but that might've been there to spare us from watching anymore of this.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Well this was a pretty boring episode. There was little action in this episode and that was the biggest reason for me calling this episode a dud. Really, the whole Lombre plot was boring and resolved oh-too quickly but that might've been there to spare us from watching anymore of this.
    Agreed. I was expecting a lot more of a fight from croagunk and politoed than just a one-hit battle. Besides that it was entertaining with piplup once again thinking that it can lead the gang and epically fails. Also, it was a plus to see Tyranitar even though it didn't really do anything.

I didn't like this episode at all. Which is odd, because I like most of the episodes. I suppose it was nice to see some of the Johto Pokemon again, but I have a feeling one of these days Ash is going to end up using his pokedex on a Pikachu.

4/10
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    That's often the case with Filler episodes like this one.

It's not a bad thing though. Imagine if they had taken their sweet-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert_trainer View Post
    I didn't like this episode at all. Which is odd, because I like most of the episodes. I suppose it was nice to see some of the Johto Pokemon again, but I have a feeling one of these days Ash is going to end up using his pokedex on a Pikachu.

4/10
    I swear. The pokedex old pokemon for the new audience. Politoed has been gone for like what 6 years? Ludicolo 3 years? Lombre 4 years? 1 year is enough. Ash never pokedex a pikachu because he sees one every day.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA
    It's not a bad thing though. Imagine if they had taken their sweet-time.
    I'd hope that they would've created a better plot than this one or expanded on the Oak-James confrontation.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Since when can Professor Oak sence the heart of pokemon like anabel?Anyway this episode was okay but I wish the writters did more to the whole crogank and politoad thing.

-I knew this episode had filler written all over it. I didn't even watch it in Japanese.
    -I'm getting annoyed at Ash looking up pokemon he already looked up!
    -Hah Piplup being a showoff fails for once.
    -Idk what kind of battle Croagunk vs Politoed was. That was a fail battle.
    -Pikachu with the hammer was just epic.
    -So Lombre is depressed just b/c it wants to evolve. w/e....
    -Tyranitar didn't listen just b/c it had a thorn in its foot for weeks?!
    -Why couldn't Prof. Oak do this with Ash's Charizard?

I guess the episode was ok overall. It could have been better.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

The episode was ok. When I saw James dress as Prof. Oak again, I was thinking,"this again?"
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion Trainer View Post
    The episode was ok. When I saw James dress as Prof. Oak again, I was thinking,"this again?"
    Well they do often recycle gags like that. It's not uncommon in an anime like Pokemon.

At least it was entertaining seeing James act like Oak once more.

James dressed as oak just like in one of the old episode.
    And I like this episode.
    love Politoad and Lombre Ludicolo.

loved the duel between Crogunk and Politoed. But the episode was ok... though I was really tired might be why I did not think it was too great...
    and CW seems to have just given up working on getting their episodes on widescreen for SD TV's

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

The only thing I liked was when Piplup failed to lead and sank in the sand so Dawn went over there and picked him up to stop him from being stupid again.

I think this was one of the worst fillers in recent memory. The best bit was Croagunk stepping in calmly and coolly when Piplup couldn't navigate the marsh, and even then that's a pretty small saving grace.

Not even the inclusion of such a character as Professor Oak could save this episode from mundanity. That, of course, is mainly because they've been destroying the professor as a character for a while now, which is my first objection to this episode. The poetry thing may have started as a neat extra facet of Oak's personality, but they've hyped it up to being his only prominent trait now. (And his poems aren't even interesting!) And since when is Oak the sort of man to go wandering off into a marsh when he has an important professional meeting to get to? The Professor Oak we were introduced to when the series began was a wise, punctual, professional man who put up with little nonsense and caused even less. And then the way he solved Tyranitar's problem - merely by looking at its face... that might be believable, though we should have seen more of Oak's skills than that cop-out solution. The worst part was 'merging his heart' with Tyranitar's or whatever it was. Oak is a professor; a scientist! He has been a force for the objective and academic inspection of Pokemon since the first episode (they gave his conference a purely jargonesque title, credit to them, but it was an empty gesture). To be compassionate to Pokemon is one thing, but the show has been spouting off an awful lot of its friendship/hearts/soul-melding/transcendental sort of message in the later seasons, and frankly, we should get something a lot more concrete and scientific from the Pokemon professors, especially from Oak, the foremost international academic of them all.

Croagunk's battle with Politoed: the cliche "slowmo single swipe" scene, and that was it. The proof of Oak's veracity was another cliche: the "thorn in the paw" test with Tyranitar. Another instance of evolution solving a Pokemon's problem, like they did with Gliscor. Team Rocket didn't even have its usual elaborate Pokemon-stealing plot; they just sprang the idea on James in the spur of the moment.

All in all, this was just a very lazy filler. They did nothing to make the episode memorable or worthwhile.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Couldn't agree more with Profesco. It was a dull episode indeed. In my point of view, this was the most boring episode I've seen in months.

There wasn't much going on here. The only part I found interesting was James acting up as Prof. Oak. I'm surprised how they can dress up James like that. He had me fooled.

Everything else.... meh, not good.

5/10
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

It was ok but like some of you said it was an imbetween filler before the festival starts. Now that the festival has started things should be getting better. Although I enjoyed Crogunk beating up that politoad hehe that was quite funny and the argument between James and the real professor oak. Apart from that it was a little unintresting

I thought it was Filler too, but I didn't think it was all that bad. At least not as bad as the Johto Fillers.

We got Oak didn't we? People had been begging to see him in Sinnoh...

I have to say, although I love Jimmi Zoppi's work as James, he just wasn't as good a Professor Oak imitator as Eric Stuart was in "Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up". ES sounded uncannily like Professor Oak. JZ just sounded like... an old James. I did find it cool that the episode features the show's first-ever completely solo motto (or at least human one, as Meowth did a very short one in "Island of the Giant Pokekmon").

Apart from that the episode wasn't that great, but at least I got to see a few favorite pokemon from the past- politoed, lombre, and ludicolo.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    I have to say, although I love Jimmi Zoppi's work as James, he just wasn't as good a Professor Oak imitator as Eric Stuart was in "Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up".
    I agree. Maybe it wasn't so good because Jimmy Zoppi (Billy Beach) voices James and Oak anyway? He voices every other male character :/

I noticed that they used Eric Stuart's Ludicolo voice. Was that just stock footage or did he return for that part?

I didn't really like this episode that much. It was too much of a rip-off of the one in Johto.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Here's a question: Was there ever another episode that included a failed TR scheme and a blast-off without the twerps ever discovering that TR was behind it? I can't think of one.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked the Croagunk vs Politoad match, Lombre evolution, and Tyranitar appearance, but that was about it. Alright episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Tyranitar <3

Sadly, the only really good part of the episode.
    Yep, pretty much.

Oh, yeah, it was also awesome to see Professor Oak in the flesh again. By "in the flesh" I mean not through a computer screen this time.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Great to see James's prof.Oak disguise.... but missed Jessie as Dj Mary

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast