Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364
Results 1,576 to 1,586 of 1586

Thread: If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

The reason why BW's rotation failed is that they really only rotated the last two slots. Pikachu and the starters took the rest, leaving to uneven distribution of air time and thinning the dynamic they could have. After all, why rotate out your money makers? If they really wanted to do a rotating cast, they should rotate more than just the last two slots.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The reason why BW's rotation failed is that they really only rotated the last two slots. Pikachu and the starters took the rest, leaving to uneven distribution of air time and thinning the dynamic they could have. After all, why rotate out your money makers? If they really wanted to do a rotating cast, they should rotate more than just the last two slots.
    Agreed with this, it was a nice idea in general but the way they did it was weird. Especially since the Unova Starters were still showcased through Trip, Bianca and Cameron. So there's no excuse why Ash didn't rotate them
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

I would add Melody from the 2000 Pokemon Movie in a Pokemon episode or 2. I think it would've been cool to see her there. She was an amazing character.

Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I would add Melody from the 2000 Pokemon Movie in a Pokemon episode or 2. I think it would've been cool to see her there. She was an amazing character.
    It would be cool to have Melody put into a Pokémon series than a Pokémon movie.It would be cool to see her more in episodes in appearance.I would say she would fit in the 5th generation.And also like to know what type of goal trainer class Melody would be doing.

Rotate the characters around. Let's say we structured it like this

1. Ash
    2. Rival 1
    3. Rival 2
    4. Evil team

Let's assume the standard 140 episodes. If we divided the 140 into 4 different ways, we would have 35 episodes for each plot. That's not counting the spare time from arc overlap when Ash, the rivals, and the villains all meet to fight. This way, you can budget time and energy into developing as many cast members without the burden of CotD fillers. It's called making arcs that last a few episodes rather than stretch out the gym quest to three years. Really, if you don't want the rivals repeating the gym quest, then have them do character and team building.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    To be fair if memory serves Gary caught a lot of Pokemon and regularly rotated between them, and Paul did the same and both proved to be incredibly powerful trainers.

Ash is the odd one out, he doesn't seem to know how to rotate his Pokemon properly enough to keep them all well trained, which admittedly might be part of the reason why his Unova Pokemon were so underdeveloped.

Well that and the writer's put marketing above all else.

Still if I had it my way, I would take those Don George training facility and have a couple episodes dedicated to Ash training his Pokemon, including any extras he gets. Heck I would make it so that those training facilities permit more than 6 Pokemon being there at any given time
    Paul had 14 that he didn't release. Ash had 25 by the time he fought Paul of the last time and he keeps more new pokemon each region than Paul did in Sinnoh. Its one of the biggest problems to me that Ash has caught so many pokemon by now that he neglects to spend a lot of time with most of them. Even though many such as Gible and Scraggy are in early stages emotionally or are clearly starved for attention. Instead he puts them in the care of Oak. Who, lets face it, isn't getting any younger. The part of the game where you catch dozens of pokemon and leave them in a PC while you ignore most of them doesn't work as well in the anime as it did in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aduro View Post
    Paul had 14 that he didn't release. Ash had 25 by the time he fought Paul of the last time and he keeps more new pokemon each region than Paul did in Sinnoh. Its one of the biggest problems to me that Ash has caught so many pokemon by now that he neglects to spend a lot of time with most of them. Even though many such as Gible and Scraggy are in early stages emotionally or are clearly starved for attention. Instead he puts them in the care of Oak. Who, lets face it, isn't getting any younger. The part of the game where you catch dozens of pokemon and leave them in a PC while you ignore most of them doesn't work as well in the anime as it did in the games.
    You're presuming he doesn't spend a lot of time with them off-screen between regions, which he could easily do. After all, they're always very happy to see him. And he contacts Professor Oak semi-regularly, so it wouldn't be too hard for him to see them on a videophone
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Currently patiently waiting for my crazy theories to pan out.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

I would replace Bonnie with Korrina in XY group. Bonnie would get small arc instead and Ash would be the one bonding with Squishy. Also, I'd mix up the teams a little:
    Ash - Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Goodra (same), Gogoat (caught as a Skiddo at Baa de Mer ranch), Diggersby (same as Clemont's Bunnelby), Avalugg (caught as a Bergmite in XY083 where it'd replace sick Snover), Gallade (hatched from an egg given to Ash by Diantha)
    Serena - Braixen, Sylveon (same), Vivillon, Furfrou, Swanna, Lillygant
    Clemont - Heliolisk, Magnezone, Manectric (it'd replace Luxray), Dedenne (Bonnie's)
    Korrina - Lucario, Hawlucha (Ash's), Pancham (Serena's), Chespin (Clemont's)

So I've been toying with this idea and I want to see your guy's opinion on it:

For one of the leagues (such as the upcoming Alola League) I would have Ash act out of character, not as in he would turn abusive but he would wind up being harder on his Pokemon and start calling upon his older ones while training for the league. At one point Ash would start believing he is pushing his Pokemon too hard and apologize for it revealing that the reason he is pushing them so hard lately is because he is tired of losing in the Pokemon leagues and wants to make sure it doesn't happen again, his Pokemon would wind up siding with Ash agreeing with his desire to finally win a league and encourage him to push them harder.

Come the league, all of the frustrations Ash and his Pokemon secretly, even amongst themselves, felt would explode out of them and they would wind up taking upon a more aggressive version of Ash's usual battle style, getting angry and frustrated everytime it seemed like they would lose and fighting harder than before. Ash and his Pokemon would calm down before the finals, but they would still push themselves hard for the win and earn it in a manner that can be seen as a "take that" towards every time he lost the league in the past. In what way? I don't know I am just brainstorming ideas here.

So what do you think?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ.
    my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5756-2613-5210

friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

The dub uses more licensed music.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May, Clemont (Bonnie)'s Dedenne/Sophocles' Togedemaru

GeekChicShipping National Anthem
    Embrace your inner darkness

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    So I've been toying with this idea and I want to see your guy's opinion on it:

For one of the leagues (such as the upcoming Alola League) I would have Ash act out of character, not as in he would turn abusive but he would wind up being harder on his Pokemon and start calling upon his older ones while training for the league. At one point Ash would start believing he is pushing his Pokemon too hard and apologize for it revealing that the reason he is pushing them so hard lately is because he is tired of losing in the Pokemon leagues and wants to make sure it doesn't happen again, his Pokemon would wind up siding with Ash agreeing with his desire to finally win a league and encourage him to push them harder.

Come the league, all of the frustrations Ash and his Pokemon secretly, even amongst themselves, felt would explode out of them and they would wind up taking upon a more aggressive version of Ash's usual battle style, getting angry and frustrated everytime it seemed like they would lose and fighting harder than before. Ash and his Pokemon would calm down before the finals, but they would still push themselves hard for the win and earn it in a manner that can be seen as a "take that" towards every time he lost the league in the past. In what way? I don't know I am just brainstorming ideas here.

So what do you think?
    Sounds great, especially if he learns his lesson before the finals and wins it in the end.

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364