Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1116

Thread: If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

Default Changes in Pokemon Teams

Ash's changed team

Kanto:
    * Squirtle-Wartortle: Could've evolved to denote its power in the Squirtle Squad
    * Primeape: Ash would have it in reserve like Charizard
    * Haunter-Gengar: Sabrina would return Haunter to Ash

Johto:
    * Larvitar: Would've stayed with Ash under permission of its mother. Ash would store Larvitar with momma when not part of the team. Would've become Pupitar
    * Quilava-Typhlosion: Not only would it evolve earlier, but get over its awkard teenage stage
    * Eevee-Espeon: It would be awesome
    * Poliwhirl-Poliwrath: Ash's first trade, with Misty

Hoenn:
    * Corphish-Crawdaunt: Evolved in the Sinnoh Tournament

Sinnoh:
    * The Porygon line: Unlikely, but if they ever managed to shed the stigma it deserves to be a companion
    * Hippopotas: Please stop teasing us
    * Riolu-Lucario: Cool typing, shows off his friendship and nod to the 8th movie

Unova:
    * Ducklett-Swanna: Ducklett would be a recurring antagonist that Ash restrains
    * Darmanitan: He had two Grass types, two Water types...I just want the theme to continue
    * Female Frillish: Counter to Trip's Frillish, and have it possess Water Absorb. For added humor, it and Trip's Frillish are fond of one another
    * Meloetta: She clearly wanted to be with Ash. To prevent Ash from becoming a Mary Sue, have Meloetta only appear in huge battles or emergencies. She's the female Charizard, basically. Not officially owned, mind you
    * Zekrom: Briefly tame to counter N's Reshiram, then they go off on their own journey. And I submit to you, Ash riding a Zekrom

Brock's Pokemon
    * Geodude: Have it evolve
    * Stantler: Should've gotten it
    * Ditto: I love the irony of a wannabe ladies man getting a Pokemon known for...breeding
    * Vulpix: He should've kept it

Misty's Pokemon
    * Togepi-Togetic: Should've evolved much earlier to protect its mom
    * Horsea-Seadra: Didn't do much as a Horsea
    * Wooper: The thing's adorable

May's Pokemon
    * Swablu: STOP TEASING US
    * Feebas: This Pokemon was created to show off the contest mechanic
    * Phione: Phione isn't that legendary nor rare. Have her befriend one as a nice nod to Manaphy

Max's "Pokemon"
    * Ralts and Shuppet: Just because you can't train a Pokemon doesn't mean it couldn't follow you around

Dawn's Pokemon
    * Grimer: I don't see why not
    * Ambipom: She keeps it
    * Buneary-Lopunny: It evolves through happiness
    * Rotom: Instead of Togekiss. Rotom's quirky behavior seems like a fun Pokemon to be part of the team

Iris' Pokemon
    * Axew-Fraxure: It wanted to evolve
    * Deino: For someone else to be in her hair. It's adorable, a Dragon type and they teased it
    * An Ice type: To help her get over her fear of Ice types. For bonus points it should be a scary-looking Ice type

Cilan's Pokemon
    * Vanillite: An ice cream Pokemon? With a Pokemon conisseur and cook? Win

Team Rocket's Pokemon
    * Ferrothorn or Maractus: James' Pokemon have a long history of being Grass types that hurt him
    * Weepingbell, Arbok, Weezing: Jessie and James should've kept them
    * Tynamo-Eelektrik: Jessie usually gets serpent Pokemon, and this line is the closest to that besides Snivy
    * Golett: A habit of mechas
    * Any Ground type: They think it'll make them undefeatable against Pikachu. Well...

Tobias
    * An actual backstory and foreshadowing. Tobias would show up now and again, hunting for rare Pokemon
    * A shiny: He's a rare Pokemon hunter
    * Primeape: How else would he have obtained a Darkrai? It can't be put to sleep and has a type advantage
    * Cresselia: Instead of Latios
    * Unova Pokemon
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Brock would've had more than 3 Pokemon if he was kept for DP, and there would be no sign of that Croagunk anywhere.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonNation2000 View Post
    Brock would've had more than 3 Pokemon if he was kept for DP, and there would be no sign of that Croagunk anywhere.
    Croagunk was Brock's best Pokemon in DP though imo.

In XY I would ONLY have Ash do the gyms and league, nothing more.
    Serena would have gotten a goal by episode 20, particularly the Battle Chateau or Rhyhorn Racing.
    Team Rocket wouldn't even be in XY, I would have them get fired on the spot after Operation Tempest in BW, along with Giovanni disbanding the entire organization there.
    Team Flare would have shown up by episode 20.

Also in BW I would have used BW1 Team Plasma and its story plot instead of the generic BW2 Team Plasma.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    Croagunk was Brock's best Pokemon in DP though imo.
    I'm more bummed out at Croagunk for the whole poison jabbing thing- I feel like that got old really quickly, but that's just me.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonNation2000 View Post
    I'm more bummed out at Croagunk for the whole poison jabbing thing- I feel like that got old really quickly, but that's just me.
    It wasn't even close to as old as James' Victreebell swallowing him all the time. And even that was far from as old as James' Cacnea hugging James all the time. By the time Cacnea began that gag it was already far too old from Victreebell.

Croagunk was hilarious and did a better job than Max did. Max was never funny when he dragged Brock away, but at least Croagunk was.
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post
    It wasn't even close to as old as James' Victreebell swallowing him all the time. And even that was far from as old as James' Cacnea hugging James all the time. By the time Cacnea began that gag it was already far too old from Victreebell.

Croagunk was hilarious and did a better job than Max did. Max was never funny when he dragged Brock away, but at least Croagunk was.
    Disagree, I think Max was way better than Croagunk since it wasn't the same old boring thing, as every time where Croagunk says his name and jabs Brock who knows where. Max had some hilarious comments in the Hoenn dub too. But that's just me. And I suppose you have a point with Victreebell and Cacnea though.
    Last edited by DarkLucarioADV; 27th August 2014 at 3:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Disagree, I think Max was way better than Croagunk since it wasn't the same as every time where Croagunk says his name and jabs Brock who knows where. Max had some hilarious comments in the Hoenn dub too. But that's just me.
    I completely agree with you: I found Max a lot more tolerable than Croagunk was when it comes to stopping Brock's flirting.

Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post

Nah, James' gags with his Grass type Pokemon were actually pretty cute and endearing in both those instances compared to whatever the heck Croagunk was supposed to be to Brock.

I disagree: Max at least had funny comments about Brock's flirting-- Croagunk just waited to poison jab Brock, did it, and then went "CRO-A-O-A-O" every damn time- no variation in it at all.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 27th August 2014 at 3:29 PM.

Get rid of Brock after AG. Condense Johto to two seasons and give Misty a better send off.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Get rid of Brock after AG. Condense Johto to two seasons and give Misty a better send off.
    I'd get rid of the entire main cast including Ash and Team Rocket after the Orange Islands and bring in new main characters from the games every new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'd get rid of the entire main cast including Ash and Team Rocket after the Orange Islands and bring in new main characters from the games every new generation.
    I second this idea.

Unfortunately the writers will never do this. : L Though hey there might be another day where they will do a Pokemon Origins 2 based on Gold, Silver and Crystal.

I'd have Ash leave the show at the end of Johto and start over with a fresh new storyline with the main male protaginist from each game as the new hero.

Plus, the anime would not be as kid friendly as it is now, you guys know what I mean?
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217

After 40 episodes, here's how I would structure the series if I can't use stuff from BW and below.

The main cast would be Ash and Tortina (Miette/Millefeui).

There would be no Team Rocket.

Giratina would reappear and two worlds would be in danger: Mirror world, and the real world. This would be a five episode arc, maybe slightly longer.

Romance would be completely eliminated.

Arenas would be closed off because of their leaders being needed to deal with threats like Team Flare and some other one-time villains here and there. This would also almost completely eliminate battles for more focus on human relationships, slice of life stuff, backstories, etc. The league would still be around.

Speaking of the league, people placing above 32nd get an opportunity to go to Guipna or whatever it's called and fight the Top Vier (Elite Four) and the champion, kinda like OI - thanks to arrogantgodjealous for this idea!

Ash's Team: Pikachu, Fynx (Fennekin), the evil Calamanero (Malamar), Resladero (Hawlucha), Paragoni (Phantump) - He would also rotate with some of his older ones.
    Tortina's Team: Sabbaoine (Slurpuff), Gramokles (Honedge), Dartiri (Fletchling), three wild cards.
    Last edited by Benny+Lilia+Ash; 24th September 2014 at 6:24 PM.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    After almost 40 episodes, here's how I would structure the series if I can't use stuff from BW and below.

Giratina would reappear and two world would be in danger: Mirror world, and the real world.

Arenas would be closed off because of their leaders being needed to deal with threats like Team Flare and some other one-time villains here and there. This would also almost completely eliminate battles for more focus on human relationships, slice of life stuff, backstories, etc. The league would still be around.

Ash's Team: Pikachu, Fynx (Fennekin), the evil Calamanero (Malamar), Resladero (Hawlucha), Paragoni (Phantump) - He would also rotate with some of his older ones.
    Tortina's Team: Sabbaoine (Slurpuff), Gramokles (Honedge), Dartiri (Fletchling), three wild cards.
    ^This already sounds far better than the current series is to me, honestly.^

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    After 40 episodes, here's how I would structure the series if I can't use stuff from BW and below.

Giratina would reappear and two worlds would be in danger: Mirror world, and the real world. This would be a five episode arc, maybe slightly longer.

I like the thought of Ash having that Malamar for some reason. Great idea overall, I enjoyed reading it.

- Change the cast every generation.
    - Make better use of the Villain Teams.
    - Do more with the Gym Leaders, Elite 4, Champions, and other supporting characters.
    - Be bolder and take more risks.
    - Make each saga/generation/reigon a certain number of episodes for more plot & less filler, then stop.
    Last edited by Jangobadass; 12th September 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Default Re-doing the Genesect movie

* It'll be the original Mewtwo. Mega Evolution may or may not be necessary, but it does seem better if its X Mega is introduced
    ** Alternatively we get Newtwo...but its Mega Y is its normal state. We get some nice references to Oldtwo(Ash: Mewtwo? You don't look like him? Cilan: What? Ash: Long story). This Newtwo will reappear in X and Y, as foreshadowing to its creator will be made. It'll be revealed to have been made by Team Flare. That's for a later tangent
    ** Alternatively don't have it appear, saving it for another episode
    * The Genesect get a bigger role in the anime, along with Team Plasma
    * Genesect are motivated by a desire to return to their homeworld. They have an army of fossil Pokemon to help them out
    * There is more diversity with the Genesect
    ** Red Genesect is the only one who can talk, and is the mastermind. It hates this confusing world, and is redeemed by realizing what its doing is futile
    ** Burn Genesect is the most loyal one, punishing others for diverting from their plans
    ** Shock Genesect is curious about the new world, and is divided by this and its loyalty towards the Genesect
    ** Chill Genesect is the cowardly sycophant
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)

What I would change?

- Replace Ash at the end of Kanto, he was suppose to be over once he finally entered the Pokemon league and became Champion.
    - Have the characters from the games every new region to keep things fresh.
    - Handle villainous Teams much much much better
    - Not have 90% of the show filler
    - Make the show a tiny bit darker
    - Spice up some of the show with a bit of romance
    Last edited by AshThe200; 21st September 2014 at 12:38 PM.

One change...they could eventually re-introduce Porygon. Poor Pokemon, Pikachu caused the seizures, not it! Imagine what cool sciency background they could give! Its creator could be a epic hammy mad scientist

Ash would've left at the end of Johto, or at latest, the end of Sinnoh.
    Team Rocket would've left after Johto.
    Brock would've left after Johto.
    The characters would actually age and get older.
    The show would actually evolve beyond using the same plot and same formula every saga.

Chespin would be ash's.

Bonnie would be booted off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post

Bonnie would be booted off the show.
    I would give Max and Bonnie their own spinoff adventures together. It would be aimed at younger kids with Max solving mysteries and Bonnie squealing over how cute pokemon are.

It would air in early mornings like those PBS kids shows.

I would give Max and Bonnie their own spinoff adventures together. It would be aimed at younger kids with Max solving mysteries and Bonnie squealing over how cute pokemon are.

Lol man.

What I'd change for Serena is introducing the Tripokalon competitions way earlier than they were introduced and have her more active during her 1st year in XY.

Saturday morning cartoons are a thing of the past dude.

It's all about dat netflix now.

I'd save the show by having absolutely no recurring gags and catch phrases. I find them all very unfunny and they get old/ repetitive quick.

Here is how I would have done Best Wishes.
    The main trio would consist of Iris who would want to become the elite 4 champion of Unova instead of dragon master, Cilan who would be a pokemon performer and actually get development and Hilda who would have a goal based on battle tournaments.

Cilan's pokemon performing goal would consist of 2 rounds the first one would be the free performance round that we already know about since XY47 and judges would give out points based on creativity, beauty, style, and how engaging it was to watch. Also I would incorporate music into either this round or both this round and the second so it could be an anime adaptation of the BW pokemon musicals. Next the second round would consists of many different activities in each episode that vary from performance to performance such as obstacle courses, battles that would involve music and rhythm as well as beauty and grace, pokemon styling, baking competitions and others. After winning 4 medals you would be accepted into being able to enter a huge grand festival like competition.
    Cilan's team would be: Simisage, Herdier, Crustle, Lilligant, Emolga
    His rivals would be Burgundy, Bianca, Some anime OC

Iris's team would consist of: Haxorus, Excadrill, Krookodile, Zweilous, Dragonite, Lapras (She would start out as she was in the show but gain character development to become a much better person)
    Her rivals would be: Georgia, Trip (more fleshed out as a character), Stephan, (Virgil as League rival)

Hilda's goal would require going through many different types of battle tournaments such as the don george ones as she raises her rank up until a specific point in which she than gets to battle the tournament leaders in battles and competitions such as what happened in the orange island saga and spends the rest of the saga going through challenges in order to become a tournament leader. She becomes one in training.
    Hilda's team would be: Emboar, Whimsicott, Galvantula, Mienshao, Duosion/Reuniclus
    Her rivals would be: Cheren and an anime OC

(Also no DA! or N and actually pace out the show that the saga would end after Cilan's big festival, Hilda's promotion challange, and lastly the pokemon league which would not be rushed and actually be treated with respect.)
    Last edited by cmarston1; 24th October 2014 at 12:34 AM.
    FC: 0216-0975-6856

Current Shinies

chain chain
    of 21 of 43

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast