Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62

Thread: Historical Mystery Tour (608)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    Man, that Goldeen Scooping Master was cool! It's kinda sad that he got beat by James, but man, James did deserve that! He just charged into that challenge, nets ablaze!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    El Centro,California
    Posts
    5,566

    Default

    Who knew James was such a good Goldeen scooper? I thought Palmer was gonna appear later next episode, but I guess I was wrong. This whole episode was just one nostalgia trip, in a weird way, because of Xatu.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    But it was an illusion, does that count?
    I was unaware that it was an illusion. Either way, even if it was they didn't know that at the time, so what difference does it make for them?

    Wow, Jun's flashback was really tame compared to Ash and Dawn's.
    Interesting bit of role-reversal in Dawn's flashback: last time it was Piplup who was caught in the web.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    think smarter, not harder=]
    Posts
    501

    Default

    It was a great episode
    Barry is still funny
    Last edited by 5ilVer; 16th January 2010 at 7:54 PM.
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]



    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

    credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much


    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Live From Paris
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    This episode was a bit pointless IMO. Just the fact that it had some flashbacks and nothing more was what killed it for me. The only highlight was the recapping from episode 1 with the Spearow.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    I'm really disappointed lately about CN. Honestly I've missed five episodes in a row because of their time slot and I can't even catch up. So how was Palmer's voice in the ending of the episode? I read from Bulbapedia listening Craig Blair as the VA for Palmer. I'm guessing he sounds middle aged? Young adult?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Island.
    Posts
    683

    Default

    well ill be a yellow nosed makuhita! lol loved that. Just confused, did xatu de-volve into natu then back to xatu? i hope not
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Forums
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    I'm really disappointed lately about CN. Honestly I've missed five episodes in a row because of their time slot and I can't even catch up. So how was Palmer's voice in the ending of the episode? I read from Bulbapedia listening Craig Blair as the VA for Palmer. I'm guessing he sounds middle aged? Young adult?
    He sounded.... really calm. And his speech was as wise as it was in the original.

    I couldn't tell who it was, which is probably a good thing, I'll leave it up to someone with better ears, but it does make my thoughts turn to the upcoming battle with Palmer and Ash. I usually don't play Seiyuu/VA favorites, but... I really liked Palmer's voice in the original. Nobuyuki Hiyama just sells it really well. Here's hoping Palmer gets some pep in his match next week.

    Brock's complaint at the end is a good statement for the entire episode.

    "Booo-ooring!"
    V | Faction


    You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    That brown haired kid sounded so much older than what he looked like. Though that man, the serious looking one, he was pretty danm badass. He had his own music and everything and competed with James so that just puts him up there. Palmer's voice sounded a little weird to me but I'm sure that I'll get used to it by the next episode.

    The way Ash, Dawn, and Barry defeated that Camerupt was a little strange though.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Brock's complaint at the end is a good statement for the entire episode.

    "Booo-ooring!"
    Yes! It was a little boring the second time around. The first time I saw it, I thought it was interesting. I still don't get it, was it all just a mirage caused by Xatu? Or was the tent really there?

    I did NOT like Palmer's voice ;_;

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Well, OK, I'm a teensy bit confused now.:loopy: What shall I make of today's episode? Well, I'm going to try to order my thoughts.

    First of all, this sure was the weirdest Sinnoh episode so far. I didn't know what it was all about until the very end. While this doesn't necessarily mean that it was bad, I wished that the solution to all those strange events would have been clearer and more understandable. To be honest, I expected some kind of profound truth or moral wisdom behind it, but I'm afraid that the explanation Palmer offered was insufficient.
    I mean, I do get the basic message of that journey into the past, but firstly it was too rushed and secondly what the writers wanted to present as a "mystery" wasn't half as good and profound as Cynthia's "Poke-philosophy" (yeah I love this term ^^) Well, maybe that's why Palmer is "only" a frontier brain and not a champion. And, yes, this question does indeed matter, because since I watched "Arceus And The Jewel Of Life" I've been wondering whether Palmer or Cynthia won that battle we see in the opening. Now, I'm almost sure that I know the answer. Today's episode was proof enough that Palmer can't hold a candle to Cynthia, neither inside nor outside the battle when it comes to talking about Pokemon or philosophical problems.

    Next, we had that strange dreamland. I liked the idea and it sure raised my interest, but the way the story developed was a bit underwhelming, especially the solution to how to get of of all that by hitting the bull's eyes on that random Camerupt seemed to be far-fetched if you as ask me. Why had that Camerupt such a significant role? Where's the logical connection?
    This riddle remains to be solved

    I guess, every once in a while there are surprisingly strange episodes in Pokemon and today's story certainly belongs to that category. Another example was arguably "Ghoul Daze", which however was way better because it had creepy elements and was thus extremely exciting. If anything, that episode back then would rightly deserve to be called mysterious.

    And yes, I agree with you that seeing James being good at something honest was great and probably the best aspect of the episode.


    Quote Originally Posted by Magmortar View Post
    O
    Creepy sounding clown.
    I HATE CLOWNS. No, I even detest them.
    You know, I've hated clowns since I was a child, because for some strange reason I can't get rid of the feeling that they all just wear a mask to hide their hellish, evil alter ego. (like Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde):saiyan:
    I'm usually a tough guy and there's not much that I'm afraid of, but if you really want to make me feel highly uncomfortable, show me pictures of clowns, because I somehow "suffer" from what is called Caulrophobia.
    I didn't know that this is actually a serious and pretty wide-spread phobia until I found this article
    Coulrophobia is abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. The term is common, but it does not appear to be used in psychology.[1] It is common among children, but is also sometimes found in teenagers and adults as well.[citation needed] Sufferers sometimes acquire a fear of clowns after having a bad experience with one personally. It can also be the effect of seeing a sinister portrayal of one in the media,[citation needed] such as the monster that took on the disguise of a clown in Stephen King's novel and film It.
    I hope that you will now understand why the clown in today's episode somehow made me tremble.
    But enough of that now.I'm starting to feel uncomfortable again.


    All in all, a decent, but not all too logical episode unfortunately. But from what I've heard the Twinleaf Festival will get a pretty exciting and good end and that's what really counts, because "all's well that ends well", right?

    6.5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999


    Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,693

    Default

    I thought that the episode was decent. Nice to see Barry appear and how the episode showed us how he got Heracross.

    8/10
    It was OK, but not the best. It was mostly pointless flashbacks although Palmer appearing at the end was cool.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Climate controlled gym
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Certainly wasn't a bad episode, I think the word I'm looking for is ODD. Haha once again, Brock got royally shafted. Barry was cool though. Seeing Palmer at the end was a surprise, I really like his voice, very appropriate. Overall 7.5/10
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cerulean
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Minor flashbacks to when Ash, Dawn, and Barry all met their Pokemon. Nice. The episode was boring and once again Brock didn't do anything. He called out his Pokemon for some reason, but all they did was stand there.

    Palmer showed up though, so thats cool.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Goldenrod City, Johto
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I just saw this and I really like it. When it gets all stormy near Ash I'm like "Oh, the spearow!" I also like how there is a natu. I like natus.
    1/3 of all people chose Oshawott. 1/3 chose Snivy and 1/3 chose Tepig.
    That's how it should be.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England, Sunderland
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I didn't really like this episode all that much. The whole flashbacks thing with hitting a camerupt just seemed a bit pointless. The only interesting thing that happened was showing how Barry caught his Heracross but that could of simply been seen through a simple explanation. Left feeling this episodes was a bit pointless myself and i am getting a bit bored of these pokemon end up bigger than humans episodes.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    412

    Default

    This episode was okay and definitely not the worst filler. Palmer's explanation made no sense to me as did Barry's cry of "Well, If I wasn't a yellow nosed Makuhita." Clearly, it was the Goldeen parts that lifted this episode.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    It was a good episode. Kind of strange when everyone shrank, and getting through it all. And the Goldeen subplot was fun as well.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Place that voted yes on prop 8
    Posts
    7,269

    Default

    Whoa. Did I hear Dan Green AND Ted Lewis's voice in this episode? Or is it my imagination once more?

    Well anyways, this episode was okay. It had some very amusing parts. Mostly involving around Barry. I will say this that after this episode, I'm liking Barry a lot more now. He makes me laugh. Tee-hee. Okay I'm done.

    DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Whoa. Did I hear Dan Green AND Ted Lewis's voice in this episode? Or is it my imagination once more?
    Not your imagination.

    Ted Lewis voiced one of the two little boys watching the showdown at the Goldeen Scoop Competition.

    Dan Green voiced the Goldeen Scoop Master

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Clifton, Virginia
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Nice to see Palmer. Can't wait for next episode!

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern PA, USA
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Hmmm... this thing pretty much reminds me of "Honey, we Shrunk our Kids!" or something like that. Other than that, the only things that I've found to be even "remotely" important is how Barry met up with his Heracross, Ash meeting Palmer, & that one part in which James owns a Goldeen veteran catcher at his own game. Besides these it pretty much is a blast from the past...

    Yeah, no BP summary here, especially since I've been gone for some time...

    "Maybe" next time will be different, however...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    The episode was interesting to watch. Nothing great about it though.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you


    My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

    Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Blackburn lancashire
    Posts
    580

    Default

    this was an ok episode as it was funny to see Ash Barry(Who was great to see back btw) and Dawn shrunk and running around like crazies lol. Apart from that it wasnt really that good and only used as a filler for next week

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    12 Wrose Road, Shipley
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Great episode.

    Thare is some memories of theme.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •