Thread: Derelict (RP) [R]

Default Derelict (RP) [R]

DERELICT
    A role play by Avenger Angel and Meeker

Spoiler:- RP DETAILS:

[LOCATED HERE]

RP DISCUSSION

[LOCATED HERE]
    Last edited by Avenger Angel; 22nd May 2014 at 12:52 AM.

Aaron Robinson [Human]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: 0
    Sinnoh Military, Medic, Pack Rat, Survivalist.
    Slowpoke Well, Azalea Town, Johto.
    Affected RPers: None

-

The weather around Azalea was pouring rain yet again. Aaron Robinson was not at all pleased, and as he sat on the steps of the well, with the rain battering his Kevlar helmet and soaking him to the bone, he wondered how anyone could possibly bear to live in such a boring little town. That stupid well was the only thing worth seeing, and to a native of Veilstone - a city with a ton of sights to see - even that was lackluster at best.

The medic bit his lower lip and reminded himself that he wasn't there to sightsee. He was there to investigate the bizarre happenings in this region. He was understandably nervous; even though he had gotten his CloudKill vaccine, he wasn't at all sure that it would work. After all, CloudNine was probably alien tech - and if there was one thing that Robinson had learned, it was that aliens were usually centuries ahead of humans when it came to technological advances.

The medic shivered from the cold and the rain, feeling his muscular, tank-like frame contract and expand. His long brown hair and his beard uncomfortably clung to his skin. But he wanted a refuge away from all of the rigidity of the military camp, all of the insanity of Scythe-X and CloudNine. Besides, he had always felt far more comfortable in the outdoors than inside a building.

Robinson realized that his mind was drifting again. He pondered letting out his Pokémon. Minnie would enjoy the rain, and Cobalt could use the time to stretch out her wings after the long trip into Johto. He made his decision almost instantly; he drew his two pokeballs and clicked the buttons on both of them, watching as the dazzling lights flashed and faded. Replacing them were two creatures: a red octopus-like Pokémon with a cannon for a mouth and a blue bird Pokémon with fluffy white wings.

"Tillery!" Minnie squealed, holding her front tentacles high as if to praise the rain. The Swablu, on the other hand, did not appear nearly as impressed and she gave a rather icy glare at Robinson while ruffling her feathers.

"C'mon, I was just giving you time to stretch your wings was all," Robinson said in a clear tone with only the barest trace of a Veilstone accent. "Don't tell me you'd prefer to be cooped up inside your pokeball, right?"

Cobalt shook her head condescendingly. "Swab swab blu, blu swablu."

"Hey, I may not understand pokespeech, but I know that was an insult of some kind." Robinson scratched at his beard. "I can't tell Arceus to make the rain go away, Cobalt. I wish I could; I'd ask him about Dialga and Palkia and which alien culture they came from..."

The Swablu and the Octillery simultaneously rolled their eyes and gave their trainer a look that clearly said, "Oh my Arceus, are you kidding me?"

Robinson sighed in annoyance. "You both can be serious killjoys. You know that, right?"

Both of his Pokémon nodded, and Robinson let out another sigh.

"...Fine. Let's go back to camp."

------------------------------------

Pokémon

"Minnie" the Octillery - (Excellent) - Hunger Status: 0

"Cobalt" the Swablu - (Excellent) - Hunger Status: 0

Cash: $1000
    Inventory:
    #1 AK-74 [Assault Rifle]
    #2 (3X) 5.45x39 magazine [Assault Rifle Ammunition]
    #3 OTs-33 Pernach [Pistol Sidearm]
    #4 (2X) 9x18 magazine [Pistol Ammunition]
    #5 (3X) Pokémon Food
    #6 (2X) Pokeballs [Containing Pokémon]
    #7 (3X) First Aid Kit
    #8 (2X) ConREV
    #9 (2X) Rations
    #10 <Empty Slot>
    #11 <Empty Slot>
    #12 <Empty Slot>
    Last edited by SilentMemento; 22nd May 2014 at 3:08 AM.
    COMING SOON

Warmonger - A fantasy fic where peasants fight the wars of kings and lords, where monsters lurk in the night, and where depravity is not only expected, but encouraged...

Cole Culain [Human]
    Kanto Military, Support, Survivalist & Forager
    New Bark Town
    Affected RPers:

Cole leaned back against Kali's flank, feeling a slight tingle against his skin from the electric current coursing through her fur. Years ago, he had found this sensation acutely uncomfortable but now he had become so used to it that it felt as natural as breathing. The Luxray purred as he scratched behind her ear. "So goddamn boring," Cole muttered as he looked out over the watery expanse of Route 27. When he heard the Kanto military was staging an operation to take down Cloud Nine once and for all, he had enlisted thinking that the operation would actually be taking down Cloud Nine. He hadn't expected all this sitting around and doing nothing. In the past few weeks, he had considered defecting a handful of times. But a small rational part of him knew that was utter foolishness, he needed the resources the Kanto military could provide him. Odds were, it would take more than a few well-placed charges to bring Cloud Nine down. Still, Cole felt like they could, no, should, be doing more. His only consolation was that Kanto intel suggested that the Sinnoh military wasn't making any progress either.

Cole was starting to consider going to his CO and requesting permission to go out on a brief scouting expedition. Cloud Nine was broadcasting it's... signal or whatever from near Ecruteak City. It would take a long time to reach there on foot, and choppers would go haywire if they moved too far into the influence of the weird weapon. But Cole had wings of his own, wings that didn't need an engine. If he and Prometheus really set their minds to it, they could fly out to Ecruteak City, scout the area and then fly back in about 24 hours. If they went quickly enough, they could be in and out of the contamination zone before Cole really started to suffer from Cloud Nine, and any ill effects he developed could quickly be reversed with Cloudkill. They could do it. Prometheus was a fast flyer, and had proven his stamina many times over in Cole's privateering days. Some of the Kanto higher-ups knew about his stint as the Red Demon. It wasn't common knowledge, but the people who needed to know about it did. He had proven combat and tactical experience, and if anyone was going to get authorized to lead an expedition inland, it would be him. Then again, judging by the latest batch of recruits, that wasn't much of a distinction. Cole tried to keep himself apart from them, but he had been forced to interact with a handful. There was Claus, the albino freak, and Stacy, the pampered little rich girl with "designer" pokemon. Cole lifted his head and spat onto the sand. If Kanto was sending people like them to the front lines, they really must be desperate.

Then again, he thought, as he rested back against Kali's side, her chest rising and falling in time with his own breaths, he was one to talk. He heard what the other soldiers said about him behind his back. That he was a maniac, a zealot. They probably said worse when he was well out of earshot. The general consensus was that the expat from Sinnoh was a madman with a hair-trigger temper. And they weren't entirely wrong. Cole had barely passed his psych evaluation. But he never pretended to be completely sane. He was here for one thing and one thing only. He was going to make Cloud Nine erupt in a corona of flame. Anything he had to do to get to that point was permissible, anything after that didn't matter. He jumped to his feet, snapping his fingers at Kali. The Luxray obediently rose, stretched, and padded along at his side. She gently nipped his gloved fingers and stared up at him. The question in her gaze was obvious. What were they going to do now?

Cole grinned down at her. "We're going to find someone in charge and demand they let us get to work doing what we came here to do. I'm tired of sitting around in this deadend town."

Pokémon
    Prometheus the Charizard (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    Kali the Luxray (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    Cassius the Buizel (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0

Inventory:
    #1 Makrov [Pistol]
    #2 (2x) 9x18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #3 (2x) Rations
    #4 (3x) Pokemon Food
    #5 (2x) First Aid Kit
    #6 (3X) C4 Explosive Packs
    #7 Military Laptop Computer
    #8 AK-12 [Assualt Rifle]
    #9 (3x) 5.45x39 magazines
    #10 <Empty>
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

First off, jireh, you don't decide what items you find by searching, you leave that up to me. So you need to take the Pokémon Food and the Pokéball out of your inventory. If you want to perform a Search action, RP out your character searching in places, looking for supplies. You don't declare what you find, I'm in charge of performing the randomized roll that determines that.

Aaron Robinson (Post #2) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll
    Astrum Velis (Post #3) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll
    Cole Culain (Post #3) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll

<Nothing to report at this time>

SIDE MISSION NOTICE - To Cole Culain (Firebrand)

DETAILS: At base, during your moments of boredom, you are suddenly approached by Lieutenant Kevin McBride. It seemed your lull in the day had finally ended.

"Culain, there you are, I've been trying to find you." McBride tells you. "Listen, there's something you can do for me. Sergeant Hank Waters was sent on assignment to the Goldenrod City to set up an interception point to keep watch on the Sinnoh military. As you have probably suspected, we couldn't maintain radio contact with him for very long. His Pidgeotto was supposed to be relying communications back to us, but we haven't heard anything for days now. We suspect the worst, but what we do know is that he was keeping a written log of activity. We need you to find the [Interception Point Log Book] and bring it back here so we can see what Waters was monitoring before whatever fate fell upon him. It's important we have some kind of record of what Sinnoh's been up to around there."

"If you do this for me, I'll see if I can talk the quartermaster into giving you an extra SVD [Sniper Rifle]. But we'll just keep that between you and I."

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Find Sergeant Hank Water's body in Goldenrod City and recover the [Interception Point Log Book] for Lt. McBride in New Bark Town.

REWARD: SVD [Sniper Rifle]

William Paterson [Human]
    EXTOL, Interceptor
    Route 32, Johto
    Affected RPers: N/A

They were here.

We weren't sure how many of them there were. Somehow, they were resisting the Cloud Nine. Not completely, but far more than what we would have liked. This was a problem. It had to be dealt with. By force.

They could not be allowed to reach Ecruteak City. It would compromise our mission. I was being sent out so we could buy time. Delay the trespassers while we tried to respond to the Xevat. Their messages were still coming in scrambled, and the one interpreter we had in the lab was in a serious medical condition. We were suspecting the interpreter only had a few more days to live.

The roads of Route 32 were devoid of life, at least for now. But rumors persisted that there were others in the south that were moving back into the region. We were going to make their deaths either look accidental, or destroy the evidence and make it look like it never happened in the first place. We could not afford to be known, and already we had lost too many operatives as is.

The Red Hour would soon be upon us. We just needed time.

Pokémon
    "Shadowlash" the Weavile (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    "Warclubs" the Ursaring (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    "Dreadface" the Hydregion (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0

Cash: $3520
    Inventory:
    #1 RPD [Light Machine Gun]
    #2 (4X) 7.62x39 Magazine [Light Machine Gun Ammo]
    #3 (2X) First Aid Kit
    #4 (3X) Ration
    #5 (4X) Pokémon Food
    #6 XEVAT Tablet Device [Alien Artifact]
    #7 Synergy Stabilizer [Alien Artifact]

Claus Thantos [Human]
    Kanto Military, Medic, Survivalist & Natural Resistance
    New Bark Town
    Affected RPers:

Claus had arrived at New Bark Town along with the rest of the unit sent in to destroy Cloud Nine, much to his luck. He almost didn't enlist in time as he originally went to enlist with Sinnoh's army as it was him home region. However, he quickly found out that their mission was to preserve Cloud Nine's technology for whatever reason. Claus did not want that. No, he wanted to destroy Cloud Nine, for the initial incident caused by it had killed someone important to him. More than that, the technology itself was too dangerous in his eyes. How does Sinnoh know that it's safe? Even if they do disable and disassemble whatever Cloud Nine is, what's stopping it from becoming a danger if used for a separate purpose, even if it was a seemingly harmless one?

So here he was with Kanto, and even with his motives being similar to there's he didn't feel particularly welcome. Maybe it's because he was born in Sinnoh or something else. Whatever the reason was, he only hoped that whatever friction might occur between him and his teammates didn't hinder them from completing their objective.

As the military was setting up shop here in New Bark Town, Claus had helped in whatever way he could. Once there was seemingly nothing more he could do, he sought to pass the time until something happened. He decided to call out his Lucario to spar with him. When it came to practicing his hand-to-hand combat, Claus couldn't ask for a better partner. Lucario easily surpassed him when it came to martial arts, Claus knew Lucario held back whenever they fought, even before he caught him he did so out of respect for him, first as a strong human, now as his trainer.

As the two of them fought one another, Lucario noticed that Claus wasn't giving it his all as he usually does. He knew this meant his master had something on his mind, but now wasn't the time to ask him about it, he was told to spar with him, and that's what they were doing at the moment. Anything else comes after that.

Once they finished, Claus said, "Thanks Lucario, we haven't had a chance to spar lately, I can't let myself get rusty, not at a time like this." Before looking to the west of there location, deeper into the region. He noticed Lucario giving him a concerned look, which his simply shrugged off and said, "There's nothing to be worried about, I'll be just fine once this is all over with." He tried to sound confident, but he knew this was gonna be difficult. They had been told ahead of time that electronic equipment cannot enter the Cloud Nine's signal radius, making vehicles useless. Even worse, this means that provisions cannot be easily transported into the area to supply troops, making this a procure on site operation. The troops would have to feed themselves and arm themselves with whatever supplies, weapons, and ammo they can find within the region's now derelict cities.

Despite all these difficult factors, Claus kept telling himself that he would survive this mission. His vengeance depended on it.

Pokemon
    Honchkrow (Excellent) - Hunger Level 0
    Salamence (Excellent) - Hunger Level 0
    Lucario (Excellent) - Hunger Level 0

Inventory:
    #1 Vityaz-SN [Submachine Gun]
    #2 (3x) 9x19mm Magazines [Submachine Gun Ammo]
    #3 Makarov [Pistol]
    #4 (2x) 9x18 Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #5 (5x) First Aid Kits
    #6 (2x) ConRev
    #7 (2x) Rations
    #8 (3x) Pokemon Food
    Bring back Lucario, Lucas, and Ike in the next Smash Bros games!

Melody Rerrick [Human]
    Scavenger, Medic, Negotiator & Forager
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Affected RPers: "Magpie" (Meeker)

This was it. I finally made it to Johto. No point in being sentimental though.

I looked up and down the main city street that the bus had dropped me off at. "Hm... I need to find a bar. Come on, Jewel."

The small Emolga at my feet jumped and hung onto my left shoulder, as she often did. "Emo?"

"Yes, a bar." I couldn't actually understand her, but I liked pretending that I did. "They're good places to find information. And they better let me in."

I wondered toward the busy section of town and quickly found a kind of restaurant bar. They had these back in Saffron City, but I had never been inside one. I opened the door stepped inside. A couple of glances came my way when I did. One man had even stood up and gave me a questioning look. "Don't you think you're a little..."

My icy glare cut him off, and he sat back down when he noticed the pistol on my hip and the shotgun on my back.

I took a seat next to a man hunched over a drink. Jewel hopped onto the countertop and smiled up at me. I gave her a small smile and turned my attention to the bartender. He was dealing with a particularly boisterous group of clients. I sighed. There's too many godamned people here...

I returned my gaze to Jewel when I noticed the man next to me was looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I swallowed my discomfort and decided to strike up a conversation. Still keeping my hard look, I said, "Hey. You look like you know you're way around. Heard anyone offering work? As in scavenger work, I mean. I suppose I could just go see if I could find some stuff to sell off, but I figured I'd start here first."

"Sorry," he answered, "I don't think I know too many people other than the barkeep that would give you something like that. But if you're looking to trade, with the Kanto military in town, they'd probably have some nice gear to trade."

He looked me up and down. "I take if you're new here, huh?"

"Damn. But truth be told, I ain't got anything worth trading yet. Because, yeah, I'm new here. Got that CloudKill stuff a little while ago and I was hoping to put it some use. Me and Jewel here," I nodded at my friend who was still on the countertop, "are just in the game to get some cash is all."

"I remember when I was a rookie," he said as he took a sip of his drink. "That was a dark time. If there's any way I could make yours easier, let me know. Just contact me with your PDA, if you have one."

"Connections might prove useful later. So yeah, we can add each other." We exchanged names and numbers. I didn't trust him completely, but I didn't see any harm in it. " 'Kay. I guess I'll be speaking with the tender now that he's done speaking with those... delinquents."

"Those guys," The man, who I now know as Magpie, said in a derogatory tone. "Yeah, they're in for it sooner or later."

I nodded, shook Magpie's hand and bid him farewell, and struck up a conversation with the bartender.

Pokémon
    "Jewel" the Emolga (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0

Inventory:
    #01 (1X) Saiga 12 [Shotgun]
    #02 (3X) 12 gauge shells [Shotgun Ammo]
    #03 (1X) OTs-33 Pernach [Pistol]
    #04 (2X) 9x18 Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #05 (5X) First Aid Kit
    #06 (2X) ConRev
    #07 (2X) Ration
    #08 (3X) Pokémon Food
    #09 <Empty>
    #10 <Empty>
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

James Quinn [Human]
    Condition: Excellent / Hunger Level: 0
    Scavenger, Medic, Natural Resistance, Negotiator
    Cherrygrove City

James sighed as he sat up against the wall of the Cherrygrove Pokemon Center, and looked up at the sky. It was going to rain soon, or at least it looked like it was. The sitting medic decided it was probably best to do a quick search through the town and head north on route 30. Making his decision, he grabbed the two Pokeballs on his belt, and pressed the button on it. Two flashes of light shot out, and one quickly formed into the figure of a purple cat with a forked tail, while the other formed into a black fox with glowing yellow rings.

"Umbreon!" Kieran had shouted in joy after getting out of the Pokeball.

"Espeon!" Evin's, however, was a scream of horror after realizing how dirty the ground she was on was. She shot a dirty look at James, and quickly assumed a position indicating she wanted a brushing before anything else. Kieran nearly dropped to the ground in disbelief, and James was ready to join him.

"I should've known." James muttered to himself, before grabbing a small brush for his pack, and started to brush her fur, and allowing his mind to wander. Cherrygrove was such a small city, probably not even deserving of the term. He wondered once more about why he had come back to Johto. He wished he hadn't told his parents, their crying had nearly convinced him to stay, and his dad's last question still haunted him. Oh, his parents hadn't been happy when he told them about his plans. His mother had been crying, begging him not to go, and for a while, his dad was too. Eventually the two stopped after they had realized he was going. His dad had just asked one question as he left, and he still didn't know how to answer it.

"What are you going to do son, when you've found your answer?"

Finally, when Evin was all settled, the three of them set off to do a quick Search around the city. James knew that if anyone had looted this small town, the Pokemon Center and Poke Mart were likely hit first, and probably had nothing. If anything was likely to be found, it was probably in the residential areas of the town, so he began to head there.

Searching was a least quiet for a while. Even Kieran's normal loudness was toned down as he searched around, using his sense of smell to try and find anything left over, as well as identify areas with anything in them. Evin had refused to actually search, like James had thought she would, but she would at least use her psychic abilities to pick up and remove debris that was in the way. With those two doing those parts, James quickly moved through the buildings, opening cabinets, drawers, and other areas that Kieran couldn't reach, and finding anything he himself noticed. After about an hour, the three of them had noticed it was starting to rain, so they got under an overhang to block the rain, and began to catalog what they had found. He may not know what to do in the future, but for now, they were doing pretty well.

----------------------------
    Pokemon
    Kieran the Umbreon- (Excellent) Hunger Level: 0
    Evin the Espeon- (Excellent) Hunger Level: 0

Cash- $1000
    Inventory
    #1 Stechkin [Pistol]
    #2 (2X) 9.18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #3 AN-94 [Assault Rifle]
    #4 (3X) 5.45X39 Magazines [Assault Rifle Ammo]
    #5 (2X) Rations
    #6 (3X) Pokemon Food
    #7 (5X) First Aid Kits
    #8 (2X) ConREV
    #9 <Empty>
    #10 <Empty>
    Last edited by Treeconator11; 23rd May 2014 at 3:25 PM.

Zack and Evan, the most badass pokemon on the planet

Credit to Queen_Lugia for the recolors and the pixel-over.

Stacy McLean[Human]
    Condition: Excellent| Hunger: 0
    Kanto Military | Sniper | pack rat | Pokemon expert
    New Bark Town.
    Affected RPers:

Stacy arrived at new bark town. She wasn’t the only one around though and this was not the first time, she had been here before but the things had change. The smell of the beautiful soil had been turned into something that was rotting around. The beautiful flowers and trees had withered away. The lake connecting the Thojo falls and Jhoto that had clean blue waters had now been converted into black saline waters where one could clearly observe the beautiful water Pokemon that once thrived now dead. For a second, Stacy was saddened but the next was different. A fire rose within her heart. A fire to make Jhoto just like it was before. A fire to change the inevitable. A fire that would set the world free. She pumped a fist in the air as she looked up at the sun!

She started going around, looking for people and knowing the area and the set up of the place. The arrangement although not too neat, was somewhat organized. She kept looking around. People with different weopens and a same motive.

Stacy suddenly felt a little nudge on her feet. “Huh…Oh, It’s you Mist. You almost scared me.” She said giving a nice little smile while they continued to walk ahead. While she was walking she saw few people looking at her and Mist talking random stuffs about how the pair was weak and was only going to be a burden on the military. “There you go Mist. I think we’ll have to prove a few people wrong once again maybe? Come on Mist, use Iron tail on that tree” Stacy said as loud as she could so as to gain everyone’s attention. Mist was sadly in a mood to play around as she closed her eyes and summoned rain clouds together. The downpour was about to start. “Now what Mist, this is no time to play!”

She looked upto others who again started doing what they were pretending not to see what Mist just did while looking for shelter. Mist again nudged Stacy’s feet but this time she was sad. “It’s alright. I know you’re strong and that’s enough for me.” Stacy gave mist a reassuring smile. “Let’s go and try another one what do you say mist?” Stacy was exited. Mist’s tail suddenly started glowing in silver color as she ran towards a tree and hitting it hard and straight on target chopping the tree off. This was one of the best hits Mist had ever gotten. “I guess you’re top notch indeed. Let’s go talk about our skills to some higher authorities and ask them if they have something for us, shall we.” Mist and Stacy started walking towards a particular room looking for the captain as the people was left amazed by the skills of such a young and beautiful looking Eevee.

Pokemon
    Darkmist the Eevee: (Exellent), Hunger: 0
    Aquaqueen the Feebas: (Excellent), Hunger: 0

Cash:1000$
    Inventory
    #1 Nightvision Goggles
    #2 Silencers
    #3 Saiga-12 [Shotgun]
    #4 (3X) 12 Gauge Shell Magazines [Shotgun Ammo]
    #5 Fort 12 [Pistol]
    #6 (2X) 9x18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #7 (2X) Ration
    #8 (3X) Pokémon Food
    #9 (2X) First Aid Kit
    #10 <Empty>
    #11 <Empty>
    #12 <Empty>

(OOC: Sidequest? Heck yeah I'll do it. Accepted.)

Cole Culain [Human]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: 1
    New Bark Town
    Affected RPers:

Cole nodded to McBride. "Sure thing. I'll be there and back before you know it." He knew he was supposed to salute his superior officer and all that, but Cole had made it quite clear that he wasn't going to bother with all that pageantry. He wasn't sure how much McBride had been told about his past, but he had been told something by the higher ups. The lieutenant didn't press Cole any longer. As he walked through the camp, he rubbed his fingers through Kali's fur. "First things first, right dearie?" They made their way to Sergeant Waters' bivouac and stepped inside. Cole used the handle of his combat knife to break the lock on Waters' trunk and rifled through for a few pieces of clothing. He held up an undershirt to Kali. "Memorize this scent, all right?" The Luxray inhaled deeply several times, ensuring that she would be able to recognize even the faintest hint of the smell again. When she was done, Cole unclipped another pokeball from his belt and opened it. A Buizel appeared in a small flash of white light. "Cas, you too." Cole held the shirt out, and Cassius took it in his paws, his nose twitching and wrinkling.

After a moment, Cole scratched behind the Buizel's ear. "You got it? Good, on our way then." He recalled Cassius and made his way to the mess tent where he and Kali each had a bite to eat. They wolfed the food down quickly and hastened over to the area of camp that had been cleared for soldiers with large fliers to take off and land. The lieutenant had already cleared Cole, so he recalled Kali and palmed his third pokeball. A red and orange dragon appeared, flapping his great leathery wings back and stretching his neck up towards the sky. Cole ran his fingers down the Charizard's back. "We've got a mission, brother. Round trip to Goldenrod. Doesn't that sound like fun?" Prometheus growled affectionately, bending his neck down and nuzzling Cole. The young man quickly separated his light flying harness from his pack and went to work clipping it onto Prometheus. It was just a lightweight configuration of buckles and leather straps designed to help Cole distribute his weight on the dragon's back, keeping him secure and making flying more comfortable for Prometheus. It clipped easily onto Cole's pack and could be set up and removed in under two minutes. Cole could do it with his eyes closed, he had been practicing these motions almost daily for years.

He climbed onto Prometheus's back and clipped a carabiner to his belt, connecting himself to the harness. He tightened the stirrup straps around his boots and tapped Prometheus lightly on the sides with his heels. "Cleared for liftoff, brother." The Charizard threw his head back and roared, spreading his wings wide with a snap. Then, with three quick beats, they were airborne, wheeling over the military camp once, twice, three times before shooting off to the northwest. Cole checked the compass strapped to the harness. "Maintain this heading!" he called over the roar of the wind in his ears. "I'll correct our course as we go!" He pulled on a pair of flight goggles to keep the wind out of his eyes and pressed himself close to Prometheus's warm bulk to cut down drag. They soared higher and higher into the sky as the gray clouds pressed around them. Prometheus growled, a sound that reverberated through his entire body. He sucked in a deep breath and launched a powerful Heat Wave up into the clouds above their heads. The hot air made the vapor dissipate in a wide circle, and the Charizard angled his wings up, passing through the sea of clouds and into the blue sky beyond.

Cole smiled and stroked the base of Prometheus's neck, illicting a gravelly purr from the Charizard. The soldier knew every little place his oldest partner liked to be petted in. Sometimes it felt like they were two halves of the same being, a shared consciousness. When they were flying together like this, boundaries between them seemed to slip away until there was nothing but their shared feeling of elation, the sense of freedom and joy in flight. Cole had heard rumors of a strange power that existed beyond the sea in the Kalos region, a power that could briefly make certain pokemon, Charizard among them, larger, stronger and faster. He had seen a picture of one such Charizard, it's wingspan half as long again as Prometheus's, soaring high above a mountaintop. If he survived this, maybe he should go to Kalos, to let Prometheus experience that power.

They flew on for a few hours. The prevailing wind was mostly behind them, and Prometheus was able to glide on the air currents without duly taxing himself. Cole had to correct their heading a few times when the wind abruptly shifted on them. Though Cole's muscles began to cramp towards the end of the flight, he didn't much mind. When he judged they were drawing up on Goldenrod, he tapped Prometheus three times, their signal to descend. The Charizard unleashed another Heat Wave and plummeted beneath the cloud cover, emerging some distance to the east of the city. The dragon angled lower, circling in for a landing on the eastern outskirts. "No," Cole shouted over the wind. "Closer!" He wasn't here as a hostile, and the scavs around here ought to know the military was starting to take an interest. The ones with information to sell would seek them out, and those with things to hide would hightail it.

Prometheus dropped down in what had once been the center of the city, sending a crowd of scavengers scurrying. All of them had been affected by Cloud Nine here. Some were only a little way into their transformation, others on the verge of becoming entirely pokemon. Cole called out his other two pokemon and reached up to brush his hand along Prometheus's jawline. "Stay close to me, brother." Kali scented the air, but Cole shook his head. "Hang on. Goldenrod's a big place. We could spend days here searching, and I'd rather not become a freak like these scavs. Let's see if we can't narrow our search area." He glanced around the square, where several scavengers watched him from the shadows. He gestured towards a young scav well on his way to becoming a Sentret. "That one. We'll start with the kid." He crossed the square, walking with confident strides. The kid saw him coming and tried to bolt. "Don't let him get away," Cole ordered. Kali and Cassius shot forward, the Buizel on a column of water. They flanked the fleeing scavenger and cut off his escape.

The kid fumbled at his belt for a pistol and raised it at Cole. "Call them off! I ain't got nothing worth stealing anyway!"

The soldier stalked across the square, his hands behind his back in a posture that communicated absolute authority. Even though he was just a second lieutenant, he could fake being a lieutenant colonel with ease, the mantle of false command settling easily on shoulders. Let these filthy scavs know he was someone important, even if he wasn't, exactly. "Easy, kid." He peered at the little scavenger. He couldn't have been much older than sixteen, for gods' sake. "I'm just looking for some intel. Kids like you tend to gather in groups, share what you know. I'm not going to hurt you. I just got to know, have you or any of your buddies seen someone from the Kanto military around here?"

For a moment, he thought the kid was going to run away again. Behind him, he heard Prometheus yawn, stretching his mouth wide and displaying his sharp white fangs. Behind him, Kali hissed. "What's it to you? You a spy or something? Those are Sinnoh pokemon!"

Cole gestured towards his red and gray uniform and showed the Kanto seal on his armband. "Yeah, they are. But I'm an expat. I'm Kanto military too. Cross my heart, kid. Have you seen him here?"

"Hey!" someone shouted behind Cole. "Leave 'im alone, military dog!" Cole whirled and saw two other scavengers, older men this time, stalking across the square towards him. Prometheus turned and growled.

"Easy, brother. We don't want a riot on our hands." Cole stepped forward. "Peace, friends. I'm just trying to find out some information." One of the scavengers had purple spines growing all over his body, the inside of his large ears turning green. A Nidorino pokemorph, then. The other had chunks of gray stone growing from his extremities. Cole couldn't be sure if he was slowly turning into a Graveler or a Rhydon or something. "The kid's tongue-tied, but maybe you know something? I just want to know if there's been another member of the Kanto military around here."

The Nidorino man scowled. "Why do you want to know?"

Cole sighed. He couldn't tell them the real reason, some scavs had started to pick sides in this standoff. Or they might charge him for the information. He could, however, try a gamble. A lot of these scavs were out of contact with their families for a long time, or had lost loved ones. If he played off that... "He was my sister's fiance," Cole lied. "He got dispatched out here. I don't know why. But we lost contact with him, and I promised Lisa I'd learn if he was alive or not. I only just got clearance to come out here. Please, I gotta know."

The Nidorino man turned his head and spat, but his partner laid a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, Marco, we should just tell him." The burly man folded his arms. "I think I've seen your man. He was poking around in the underground shelters on the west end of town a while back. He'd come around every day to the markets and grill a couple of the merchants there. Never bought anything. He was a dark haired guy, olive skin?"

Cole had no idea. "Did he have a Pidgeotto with him?"

"A few times, yeah. Guess he is the one. But I haven't seen him around in a few days." He sighed. "Times like these, you gotta assume the worst. Give your sister my condolences."

"I've seen him too," the Sentret kid said softly. "One of my friends, he saw him a few days ago near the harbor on the west side of town. He went into a warehouse down there, but he never saw him come out."

"Thanks," Cole said with a nod. "Listen, you did me a favor, now it's my turn. If you three ever want to go back... you know, to being a human, make your way down to New Bark Town. We've got pallets and pallets of CloudKill down there. Just ask for Cole Culain, all right? I'll see what I can do for you." The rock man patted his arm and the Sentret kid grinned before racing off down a back alley.

The Nidorino man gave a grudging smile. "That's pretty big of you... for a military dog. I'd shake your hand, but..." He showed Cole his palm, where a cluster of poisonous spines stuck out.

Cole nodded and recalled Kali and Cassius before swinging up onto Prometheus's back. The Charizard lifted off again, this time only soaring up above the tops of the skyscrapers before coming down a moment later on the west end of the city.

Pokémon
    Prometheus the Charizard (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    Kali the Luxray (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1
    Cassius the Buizel (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0

Inventory:
    #1 Makrov [Pistol]
    #3 (2x) Rations
    #4 (3x) Pokemon Food
    #5 (2x) First Aid Kit
    #8 AK-12 [Assualt Rifle]
    #10 <Empty>
    Last edited by Firebrand; 24th May 2014 at 6:54 PM.

(Short crappy post GO!)

Rochelle "Napalm" LePage [Human]
    Sinnoh, Support, Survivalist, Pokemon Expert
    Sinnoh Military Outpost, Azaela Town, Johto
    Affected RPers N/A

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mud squelched beneath her feet in a damp, sucking staccatto as Sergeant "Napalm" LePage began to sprint across the Sinnohese Army base camp, desperately clutching the bag containing her explosives and laptop in an attempt to keep it as dry as possible as she made her way through the sheets of rain that had started to fall about the town. Disjointed strings of words, most of them bilingual curses, shot through her mind as she pushed past several of her soldiers standing between her and the canvas shelter that would be the difference between working explosives and a backpack full of dud clay. Should have known it would have started raining like this with how the sky's been all morning, Napalm thought angrily to herself. It was only a matter of time before I'd fucked myself over like this. Hoo boy...is the colonel going to shit a brick if my equipment's destroyed.

Suddenly, her tent appeared in front of her and she practically dove through the flaps, startling the three Pokemon she'd left inside as she skidded to a stop, dropping her assault pack on the ground and placing her hands on her knees as she leaned over to catch her breath, shivering from cold wetness of the Johtoese weather that had sodden her camoflauge and boots. What a way to start the week. As if there hadn’t been enough problems with this Arceus-forsaken mission to study that blasted antenna.

“Gooooooour?”

What felt like a band of warm gossamer slid across Rochelle’s rain-soaked shoulders as the soldier gradually lowered herself to the ground; a raise of her head causing her to stare into the yellow eyes of Wisp, her Gourgeist, as the sound of more solid movements across the gradually dampening mud of the tent floor indicated that her other two Pokemon had taken to putting up the supplies she’d dropped. While under normal circumstances, Rochelle would have pulled away, embarrassed by Wisp’s actions...at this point, the sergeant was so fed up with herself that she simply leaned into the ghost’s embrace, closing her eyes as her breathing returned to normal from the running. Just when she thought she’d be able to deal with Colonel Stickler--best known throughout the NCOs of the batallion as “Colonel Stick-Up-The-As”--as he’d granted permission for her and her commanding officer to head out towards Ecruteak, despite his mind-numbingly stupid original idea to hold fast in Azaela as if Cloud Nine was going to get up and walk to them, the weather was deciding it wanted to take a shot at her as well. As the hammering against the canvas sped up, Rochelle couldn’t help but wonder if the Legend Kyogre himself was angry for not having her completely drenched by the time they came in here...and the worst part is, now that the weather condition had shifted from “slightly damp” to “colder-than-balls sheets of rain,” said excursion was going to have to wait until the weather cleared. And who knew how long that would take in a region like Johto?

The warmth on her shoulders grew heavier and began to spread as Wisp draped the coarse, standard-issue supply blanket across Rochelle’s shoulders, then placed her tangible pumpkin half in front of her master so that the eternal flame burning inside her jack-o-lantern face could help with her drying off. Her only acknowledgement of this was a nod of her head; though she did reach up to pull the corners of the blanket tighter around her huge frame as she spoke to her Pokemon.

“You don’t have to do this, you know,” she mumbled, rubbing her face and flicking the water off somewhere to the side, where it landed with a few faint “plops” on the side of the canvas. “I’m fine. Just had to run a little, that’s all. I do this for PT every morning.”

A clattering of plastic notified the Sinnohese militant that her Sableye, Rinkydink, had managed to open the bag of supplies she had been carrying, withdrawing her laptop and the parts of her C-4 explosive packs before carefully picking up and inspecting each item, his cut-diamond eyes illuminated by a curious gleam as he inspected each part. Dulcie the Scrafty seemed to be the least involved of the three, having already looted the supplies of Rochelle’s tent-mate while she was away on patrol and munching on stolen rations, a lazy expression on her face as she did so. Great. Another thing she was going to get flak for...but there was no use trying to fix the damage now unless Cyrena appreciated regurgitated nuts as a midnight snack. Hopefully that would be all her Pokemon took while she sat here to wait out the rain, hoping that her mission wouldn’t be stalled with any more fascinating discoveries about what Cloud Nine did to those who got close to it...or if she discovered she’d need new detonator parts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon

"Rinkydink" the Sableye (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    "Dulcie" the Scrafty (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    "Wisp" the Gourgeist (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0

Inventory:
    #1 TOZ-194 [Shotgun]
    #2 (3X) 12-gauge shell magazine [Shotgun Ammo]
    #3 Stechkin [Pistol]
    #4 (2X) 9x18 Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #5 (3X) Pokeballs [containing Pokemon]
    #6 (2X) Ration
    #7 (3X) Pokemon Food
    #8 (3X) C-4 Explosive packs
    #9 Military Laptop Computer
    #10 <Empty>
    I have claimed Nuzleaf

Current Chapter Progress: Chapter IV, 10% complete
    Second Place: Best Pokemon-Centric, 2013 Fanfiction Awards
    Credit goes to Brutaka for the banner

Firebrand, your character's trip to Goldenrod City happened, much, much too fast, especially considering he's starting as far east as New Bark Town. He also found the body much too fast as well. Split the post up into two, the first being the en route post while the next involves him arriving in Goldenrod City.

Claus Thantos (Post #6) [Area 0% - 5% from Natural Resistance = -5%] - No affliction roll necessary
    Melody Rerrick (Post #7) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll necessary
    James Quinn (Post #8) [Area 5% - 5% from Natural Resistance = 0%] - No affliction roll necessary
    Stacy McLean (Post #9) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll necessary
    Astrum Velis (Post #10) [Area 0%, at Pokémorph affliction level, -5% from Natural Resistance = -5%] - No affliction roll necessary
    Cole Culain (Post #11) [Area 5%] - Affliction roll was 47.
    Rochelle "Napalm" LePage (Post #12) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll necessary.

James Quinn's Search (Cherrygrove City)

Cash Found: $813
    Fort-12 [Pistol]
    Food Ration
    Pokéball
    First Aid Kit
    C4 Explosive Pack
    Designer Sunglasses ($75)
    MP3 Music Player ($125)
    Silver Watch ($135)

Astrum Velis's Search Results (Ilex Forest Outskirts)

Cash Found: $22
    [Suicide Note] (See side quest details)
    Transistor Radio ($50)
    Gasoline Canister ($30)

SIDE MISSION NOTICE - To Astrum Velis (jireh the provider)

DETAILS: Your search of the wooden cabin resulted in more than you bargained for. Inside, you find a middle-aged man that has hung himself in the closet. It seems he's been there for at least a few days and is showing early signs of decomposition. On the floor is a [Suicide Note] that looks like it was difficult for this man to write. It reads:

"Denise, I'm sorry, I couldn't bear it any longer. Ever since you moved to Mahogany Town, I've been losing myself. I've become so old and stupid. I let time fly by me and I got careless and ignored the fact you were my only daughter. I never should have abandoned you.

I had to kill a man two weeks ago, and it has driven me to madness. And I've seen horrible, horrible things happen here. I don't want to go into details. I just want you to know I love you very much, even though it may have seemed like I've forgot about you. I was always careless. I'm sorry.

Sincerely,
    Albert, your father."

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Find Denise in Mahogany Town and bring her father's [Suicide Note] to her.

REWARD: Gold Rosary Beads ($500), Pokémon: "Windcatcher" the Furret
    SIDE MISSION - Cole Culain (Firebrand)
    MISSION OBJECTIVE: Find Sergeant Hank Water's body in Goldenrod City and recover the [Interception Point Log Book] for Lt. McBride in New Bark Town.

Carla Wilson [Raichu]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: 3
    EXTOL, Infiltrator
    Violet City, Johto

What a load of horseshit this was.

I signed up for this project as a damn technician five years ago, decided to coast it out, and then only a week ago, they figured hey, she'd be better as a fucking fat, electronic rat rather than actually use her skills for something useful! I had no idea what they wanted me to do out here besides scout, and I didn't need to get a clue that if I didn't hurry this process up, I was going to totally forget who the fuck I was and run off like some idiot or something.

They wanted to see what was going on outside, and they figured hey, if Carla looks like a Raichu, people will just think she's a dumb wild Pokémon. Well shit, I'm sure that sounded nice and easy for them when they weren't the ones who had to deal with this!

I figured I'd head south, figure out what was going on down here, and hope those asshats back at base had some kind of remedy to undo this shit. In the meantime, I was sick of hearing about this "Red Hour" dogma they were spewing about. Maybe they were just losing their minds.

Cash: $0
    Inventory:
    #1 Shyfter [Alien Artifact]

William Paterson [Human]
    EXTOL, Interceptor
    Route 36, Johto

Cloud Nine's intensity was still strong here. There was nothing they could do about it. Any attempts to stop it would just result in them becoming part of this place forever.

Forever.

But they had to be stopped before they came any closer. They had to be. I wouldn't rest until Johto was devoid of humans and we could continue Red Hour. It would be upon as soon.

A new world.

Pokémon
    "Shadowlash" the Weavile (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1
    "Warclubs" the Ursaring (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1
    "Dreadface" the Hydregion (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1

Inventory:
    #3 (2X) First Aid Kit
    #4 (3X) Ration
    #5 (4X) Pokémon Food

(A short post, but what else could someone start with?)

Mordecai "Magpie" Wilks [Human]
    Scavenger, Sniper, Pack Rat, Natural Resistance
    Newbark Town, Johto → Route 29, Johto

What a nice girl, Magpie thought, though there’s something to be suspicious about when others are friendly here in the Zone. Just watch her not contact me in the future. What if she gives away my contact info for money? She did say she was looking for pay. Damn, that probably wasn’t the best move… He shook his head in disappointment and gulped down what was left of his drink. The strength of the alcohol left him out of breath, and he shook his head once again, but much faster this time. It helped to wake him up, but only for a couple seconds.

Perhaps taking that much moonshine at once was a bad idea. Especially after having a couple small cups beforehand as well... Eh, who cares?

The loner got off his seat, stumbling a bit once on his feet. The room seemed to spin slightly. Half of the people there were conversing about various phenomenon they had encountered or heard about, stories, be it theirs or others’, and so on. It was difficult for him to make anything out, being under the influence of the local brew. His daily pass-time of eavesdropping wouldn’t exactly go too well given the circumstances. He walked as best as he could toward the door, fumbling with the knob as he attempted to get out. Eventually he decided to sit down and wait for the brew to wear off.

Upon reaching the outside, Magpie took a look around. The sky was cloudy, as always, and a military base was being set up on the other end of town. Huh, the military? he asked himself. Not one region’s military has ever taken interest in the wastes before, why would they decide to come just now?

He decided to ignore it and continued toward Route 29. He had been down this route many a time, but something just felt off about it this time. Rational thought led him to conclude that it was just the moonshine messing with his head, but he knew better than that. Rational thought didn’t apply in the Zone, especially in times like these. He knew something had to be out there, whether it was on the route or not, and it wanted him dead. Perhaps he was just being paranoid, but those kinds of suspicions had kept him alive for so long. The drifter would stop every now and then as he trekked just off the side of the road, crouching from time to time with his weapon at the ready. If something was out there, he would be ready for it.

Inventory:
    #1 SVD [Sniper Rifle]
    #2 (3X)7.62x54r Magazines [Sniper Rifle Ammo]
    #3 OTs-33 Pernach [Pistol]
    #5 (2X) First Aid Kit
    #6 (2X) Ration
    #7 Pack of Suppressors
    #8 Night Vision Goggles
    #9 <Empty>
    #10 <Empty>
    #11 <Empty>
    #12 <Empty>
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Mordecai "Magpie" Wilks (Post #14) [Area 0% - 5% from Natural Resistance = -5%] - No affliction roll necessary
    Astrum Velis (Post #15) [Area 0%, at Pokémorph affliction level, - 5% from Natural Resistance = -5%] - No affliction roll necessary

SEARCH COOLDOWNS

James Quinn - 2 posts remaining
    Astrum Velis - 1 post remaining

SIDE MISSION - Astrum Velis (jireh the provider)
    MISSION OBJECTIVE: Find Denise in Mahogany Town and bring her father's [Suicide Note] to her.
    REWARD: Gold Rosary Beads ($500), Pokémon: "Windcatcher" the Furret

Carla Wilson [Raichu]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: 4
    EXTOL, Infiltrator
    Route 30, Johto

Well, they were right. There were still plenty of people here. In fact more than they had been anticipating.

Normally, I'd say fuck 'em and let them deal with the problem, but no, they held the keys I needed to get back to being human. I sure as shit didn't feel like being stuck like this my whole life. I could barely even carry anything like this. And what was worse was I needed to keep a low profile and head out with barely any equipment what so ever.

My report back at base wasn't going to be anything surprising. Somehow they managed to at least suppress the effects of Cloud Nine, partially. I wasn't so sure if they'd be able to make it all the way to Ecruteak City, however. I knew EXTOL, they wouldn't want to run the risk. As soon as they'd here there were trespassers all over Johto, they'd be puking out personnel to go and fight them off. Even if it was just to buy time.

Cash: $0
    Inventory:
    #1 Shyfter [Alien Artifact]

William Paterson [Human]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: 3
    EXTOL, Interceptor
    National Park, Johto

Everything here was vacant. However, outside of these areas, there was enough evidence to suggest there had been people here recently. And no, they were not the survivors of the Cleansing either.

Patterns of foot traffic near Route 35 seemed to suggest people were moving back into Johto despite the Cloud Nine emitter. Somehow they had been resisting the emission rays, and I knew this was unacceptable. If Cloud Nine could not do it, then we would need to take action ourselves. We anticipated that once we managed to establish a communication uplink to whatever systems the Xevat were using, none of this would be a problem. However, our hardware was incompatible to their superior technology. We were still in the process of researching it.

We just needed to buy time at this point. That included making sure no interlopers would interfere with the operation. Whatever they had done to resist Cloud Nine meant they would be moving further inland. We would not allow that to happen.

If becoming a Pokémon was unacceptable to them, then they would have to accept death. Nothing less.

Pokémon
    "Shadowlash" the Weavile (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 3
    "Warclubs" the Ursaring (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 3
    "Dreadface" the Hydregion (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 3

Inventory:
    #3 (2X) First Aid Kit
    #4 (3X) Ration
    #5 (4X) Pokémon Food

Jasper Grimshaw [Human]
    Scavenger, Support, Natural Resistance & Survivalist
    Magnet Train Station (Underground), Goldenrod City, Johto
    Affected RPers:

“Let us see what today holds in store for us” Jasper muttered as he yanked aside a piece of scrap metal in the former underground Magnet Train Station. Over the past few days, Jasper had managed to make a small bit of a cave with pieces of metal he salvaged or garbage left from the former citizens of the Johto region. It was nothing special but it was a bit of privacy if you could call it.
    “Let’s go Shado” Jasper shouted with a whistle. Out of the pitch black darkness, yellow circles illuminated the once populated station. Jasper swung his large sniper rifle over his back and checked to make sure he carried the pistol on his hip. The rifle was mostly just for show really. The scope would come in handy to spot far off things, but Jasper would rarely ever actually shoot the thing.
    “Ready? It’s surface time! Lead the way”

Jasper quietly hummed to himself as he followed his Umbreon down the tunnels to the maintenance hatch he would climb. Under normal circumstances, there would be some light provided by electricity, but sadly there was none. As they finally reached the metal rungs fastened into the walls, Jasper ordered Shado to stay put and guard the area.

The climb was a daunting one. Many of the metal rungs were starting to fall out and rust, but Jasper had done this dozens of times and would continue to do so a dozen more. About half-way up the ladder, one of the rungs let go of the foundation, causing Jasper’s right foot to slip.
    “Shit” Jasper swore as he heard the ting of his rifle magazines falling to the ground. He reached with a free hand to feel his backpack. Sure enough there was a hole torn into the pocket carrying his extra ammunition for his sniper rifle. For the rest of the way up the ladder Jasper kept swearing and double checking nothing else fell out. As he approached the top, he reached up with his right hand easily pushed aside the manhole cover he had placed carefully the day before.

Stunned by the bright light, Jasper slowly got himself up onto ground in the former Goldenrod city. Not wanting to lose anytime, Jasper started moving immediately. He had a specific routine he would take every day. Once he hit the surface, the first thing he would do is climb the same warehouse building and look around through the scope. Often it returned no results, but once or twice he had spotted something useful.
    “Locke do what you do best” Jasper said as he let his Braixen out of its Pokéball, “Go look for anything you can get your hands on. Do some searching around, I’ll join you in a second.” Locke went running off with his wand in hand as Jasper started the climb of the warehouse fire escape ladder. As Jasper was climbing again, he looked up to the sky, dark grey clouds appeared to be rolling in off in the distance. He would have to be quick if it started to rain.

Carefully walking on the slanted tin roof, Jasper made his way to the peak of the building. There, he swung the rifle off his back and sat down, opening his backpack he had been carrying underneath the rifle.
    “C4, check. Food, check. Med kit, check. Radio, check. Money, check. Laptop, duh. Only lost the two spare rifle mags.” Jasper stood up on the roof and held the rifle at shoulder level, looking at first to the north. “Let’s see what today has in store for us.” For the most part, Jasper saw nothing as usual. However, when he aimed the rifle in the direction of New Bark Town, he saw something. Something he would rather not have seen. Way off in the distance he spotted a flying Pokémon, a Charizard to be exact. Jasper wasn’t worried about that, he had encountered flying Pokémon before, even in the beginning tried to hunt some for food. What made Jasper worried was the person on the Charizards back. Why would anyone want to fly out to this city? Jasper lowered the rifle and adjusted the sights, he had to be sure of something. As he raised the rifle one more time, he confirmed his suspicions.
    “You got to be ****ing kidding me” he shouted. As he had suspected, the person riding the Charizard was military. Kanto to be exact. Jasper had only encountered those bastards a couple of times, and they had not been pleasant. If someone from the Kanto military was flying out here, that was not a good sign.

“Locke we have to go!” Jasper shouted as he slung the backpack around his shoulder and hurried to the ladder. “Locke! You hear me?!” Jasper raced down the ladder, rifle in hand. “Can’t be happening. Why? Why here?” he muttered, agitated. “Locke, let’s go!”

Jasper was walking back to the manhole, he decided the incoming military person was too much of a threat. Whatever Locke had found would be enough for today. He would also have to go look for a merchant another time.
    “Locke where the hell are you?” he shouted, walking between the different warehouse buildings. “Locke? C’mon”

When Jasper rounded the next building corner, he heard his Pokémon’s cries. The first thing that crossed Jasper’s mind was that Locke was in trouble, probably being killed.
    “Locke I’m coming!” Jasper picked up the pace, following the direction of the sound. “Locke, where are you?”
    The closer Jasper got to the origin of the sound, a smoky scent filled his nostrils. There was a fire somewhere nearby. The scent got stronger and stronger, so Jasper started to follow that instead, figuring it would be from Locke. Sure enough, it was. Jasper stumbled into an old warehouse, wheezing due to the smoke.
    “Locke what the hell did you do?”
    Pulling his goggles down over his eyes so he could see better, and his bandanna over his mouth so he could breathe a bit better, Jasper peered through the smoke to see what his Pokémon had done.
    “Is that what I think it is? An office?”
    Sure enough, Locke had found what appeared to be an old office inside the warehouse. Only thing was it had been blocked by falling boxes and shelving, so Locke had blasted his way through with fire.
    “Good job Locke. Maybe we can find something useful. Gotta mind the time though. Incoming military.”
    Jasper carefully made his way through the smoldering ashes into the old office. Taking a look at the piece of old society, Jasper took a second to sit in the old dusty chair.
    “No one’s been here for ages” he muttered his thoughts a loud. Opening the drawers of the desk, Jasper and Locke started their search of the old office.

Jasper started the search by opening the drawings of the desk, the file bins and the cabinet that stood on the right wall. Though he tried to be quick about it, Jasper took his time in making sure he left nothing unturned. Locke meanwhile was moving heavy objects with his move Psychic, to be able to see if anything had fallen underneath. Checking his watch, Jasper noticed almost a half-hour had gone by.
    “Shit, wanted to be out here faster than that. Check to see if anything can be salvaged from the ashes.” Jasper walked over to the desk where they had started to pile anything they thought could be useful to start taking an inventory.
    -----------------------

Pokémon:
    “Shado” the Umbreon (Excellent) – Hunger Level: 0
    “Locke” the Braixen (Excellent)-Hunger Level:
    Inventory:
    1. Military Laptop Computer
    2. (3X) C4 Explosive Packs
    3. Fort-12[Pistol]
    4. (2X) 9x18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    5. (2X) Rations
    6. (3X) Pokémon Food
    7. (2X) First Aid Kits
    8. SV-98[Sniper Rifle]
    9. (1X)7.62x54r Magazines [Sniper Rifle Ammo]
    10. <Empty>
    - Combat Knife
    - Communicator Radio

(OOC: I figured it wouldn't take Cole that long to reach Goldenrod, since he was flying high altitude and in a prevailing wind. I did mention in the post it took him several hours, but I didn't see the point in having an entire post talking going into exhaustive detail about soaring over a sea of clouds for ages. It's boring to read and one can only write so much about it. Anyway, I split the posts and am adding more to the tail end here.)

Cole Culain [Human]
    Goldenrod City
    Affected RPers:

Cole and Prometheus alighted on the cracked concrete. The soldier stripped the flying harness off his partner in three quick motions. Though the harness was designed not to hamper Prometheus unduly, it could sometimes limit his range of movement in fighting in close quarters, and it gave something a potential opponent to hold onto. If Cole needed a quick getaway, he could ride bareback until they were a safe distance away. He clipped the harness to his pack and sent out his two other pokemon again. "Let's get to work."

Cole drew his pistol and checked to make sure his rifle was easily within reach. He glanced over his shoulder at Prometheus. "Do a quick sweep. Make sure we're alone. I don't want any surprises." The Charizard shot into the air again, wheeling around the dock complex. He would roar periodically, startling off most wild pokemon that had taken up residence here. If there was a pokemon that could burst out and try to challenge the dragon, he would harry it back to Cole's position, and the four of them would take it out in tandem. The presence of the non-native pokemon would also let any humans around know that someone else was nearby, someone with enough confidence in their ability to pose a threat. Prometheus's hard scales could protect him from all but the most nasty of armor piercing bullets, and he incorporated plenty of weaving and diving into his flight pattern, making him a difficult target for an enemy sniper to pick off. Anyone who didn't think they would have the power to challenge a Charizard would back off and hopefully leave Cole in peace. Prometheus descended behind Cole not long after, shaking his head to signal that no one else was around, or at least they were keeping well hidden. Cole gestured for Kali and Cassius to get started.

The two of them sniffed the air for a moment before stiffening and turning down a row of warehouses. Cassius gestured for Cole to follow as the two of them bounded down the cracked tarmac, scattering a flock of Spearow. Prometheus took to the air once again, ready to swoop down and provide cover. Cole clicked the safety off his pistol and ran after his pokemon. They wove through the warehouses for some time, often stopping to scent the air. Cassius had the better nose of the two, and he was able to detect more nuance in the trails. What Cole was able to gather was that Waters frequented this place quite often, probably maintaining a few storage caches here. That made sense. Scavengers would have hit this place early on, taking anything of value. The buildings here weren't in good shape. Not having been maintained in so long and being exposed to the ocean air had started to take their toll. Wood had begun to rot and corrugated steel was rusting. Most people would pick this area clean and move on, which meant it was ideal for more unorthodox operations, provided one was smart about it and didn't bring a building down on their heads.

Eventually, Kali and Cassius stopped in front of a warehouse with most of the roof caved in. They communicated back and forth for a moment as Cole caught his breath. He really hoped no scavs were watching from the shadows, he probably looked a little ridiculous running around in circles after his pokemon for the last forty five minutes. Kali and Cassius seemed to reach a consensus that this was where the last scent trail ended, or at least the scent was most prevalent here. Prometheus circled the roof several times and relayed to Cole that he couldn't see anyone or anything inside. The Charizard landed and dropped his heavy head onto Cole's shoulder, where his trainer idly scratched his jawline. Low-altitude flying like this could tire Prometheus out quickly. He was built for soaring, not these little hops. They had flown a long way already today, and this was putting a lot of strain on his partner. Cole begrudgingly admitted that they might have to stay the night in one of Goldenrod's underground shelters to let Prometheus rest up. It was getting late anyway, and if he pushed the Charizard any harder, he might pass out in the air, dropping them in the middle of the wilds of eastern Johto, and undoubtedly injured from the crash.

Cole shook his head. He'd deal with that when the time came. The doors to the warehouse were locked from the inside, but Cassius and Prometheus broke them down, the old and mostly rotten wood splintering under the force of their attacks. Cole stepped into the gloom, flicking his flashlight on to add to the small glow cast by Prometheus's tail flame. He signaled for Kali and Cassius to fan out and search as he focused his hearing on any sounds from the gloom. Outside of the creaking of the old wood, there was nothing he could detect. Cassius bounded off, his sinuous body disappearing beyond the circle of Cole's light. Kali blinked, her eyes beginning to glow with a spectral light. Cole had once read in a scientific journal that Luxray possessed a second translucent eyelid. The second eyelid had a kind of filter that allowed their eyes to process light much like a normal retina. However, when they raised that eyelid, Luxray would see in infrared, detecting prey by heat signature. Even hiding behind thick boulders, the unfortunate creature would be hard pressed to escape. Even a corpse that was quite old would give off heat as it decayed, giving Kali enough of a signature to detect.

He and Prometheus stood pressed close together, Cole drinking in the warmth that his partner radiated. Every so often, he would hear his other two pokemon in the shadows, Cassius knocking something over or Kali's soft padding through the stacks of crates and pallets. After a time, Kali hissed, signalling to the others that she had found something. Cassius bounded over to Cole and led him to where Kali lay in wait. The Luxray bared her teeth and rounded a corner, pausing deliberately to allow Cole to follow her.

A soft cooing came from behind a row of shipping containers. Cole raised his pistol and rounded the corner, Cassius crouched at his side and ready to strike. A Pidgeotto stood over a corpse that had been rotting for several days. The tawny bird whirled at the sound of their footsteps and flew at them. "Easy!" Cole roared as he and Cassius dove out of the way. He flashed his arm insignia at the bird pokemon. "We're on your side." The Pidgeotto settled down slightly, but did not stop leering at them. It fluttered up to the top of the crates and began to preen, it's sharp eyes never leaving Cole. The soldier crouched next to the body and pulled out the man's dog tags. He smiled grimly. It was Sergeant Waters, no doubt. Though the corpse was several days old and beginning to rot, there was evidence that he had been affected by Cloud Nine before he died. Black feathers had sprouted from the man's face and wrists, and the cartilage in his nose was hardening into a bone-like beak. Several small, flashy, and ultimately worthless trinkets had been sewn onto his uniform. Textbook behavior for a Murkrow. Cole pulled his shirt up over his nose to drown out the smell with his own musk. He nearly went to close the man's eyes before realizing that they had been pecked out, whether by his Pidgeotto or some other scavenger, Cole had no idea.

The soldier continued his inspection of the body. There were three gunshot wounds in his chest and one in his skull. He didn't know if they came from a Sinnoh gun or a scavenger. But it was safe to say that it had happened here, in this warehouse. There was no way that Waters had hauled himself anywhere with wounds like that. Cole sighed. There was nothing to be done for him now. Cole began to pat the body down, looking for the notebook McBride had told him about. He felt a little like a ghoul for doing so, but it couldn't be helped. He turned to Kali and Cassius. "You two fan out, search the warehouse for anything interesting. Prometheus, guard the door."

Kali's eyes flashed in the low light as she and the Buizel vanished into the gloom. Cole could hear them shuffling about in the darkness as Prometheus lumbered over to the front of the warehouse.
    -----------------------

Pokémon
    Prometheus the Charizard (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1
    Kali the Luxray (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1
    Cassius the Buizel (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1

Inventory:
    #1 Makrov [Pistol]
    #3 (2x) Rations
    #4 (3x) Pokemon Food
    #5 (2x) First Aid Kit
    #8 AK-12 [Assualt Rifle]
    #10 <Empty>

Melody Rerrick [Human]
    New Bark Town -> Route 29 (out of the Zone), Johto

Stupid bartender. Dumbass didn't know anything, I thought bitterly as I left the bar. I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to leave New Bark Town via Route 29.

The path itself was through a nice, grassy meadow with a couple trees scatter throughout. I had been accustomed to simple, urbanized dirt roads in Kanto, so this was another sight entirely. Ultimately, though, I decided to keep going.

Pokemon scampered across my path here and there, blissfully unaware of the Cloud Nine range's borders being so close. I supposed it doesn't affect them anyways. Jewel had long since hopped off of my shoulder and had followed me in the trees dotted around, gliding to each one as I got close to them.

The trip gave me a time to think about of things. My biggest concern was that I was just wasting my time. People have been out here for months finding things and selling them off. There probably isn't even anything good left. And I'll have to show for it is my potentially half-mutated half-Pokemon self... Which I supposed wouldn't be too bad as long as it didn't end up being totally horrid.

I shook the thoughts away. There wasn't any point in worrying about it now. I just had to hope everything would turn out okay.

Cherrygrove City was in plain sight ahead. Before I made it to town, however, I was stopped by a line of red-tined rods stuck in the ground. The beginning of the Cloud Nine's effect. I glanced down Jewel who was now at my feet again. She looked up at me and gave me a concerned look. I smiled softly at her and returned my gaze to Cherrygrove.

This is it.

Pokémon
    "Jewel" the Emolga (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 1

Inventory:
    #05 (5X) First Aid Kit
    #06 (2X) ConRev
    #07 (2X) Ration
    #08 (3X) Pokémon Food
    #09 <Empty>
    #10 <Empty>
    Last edited by Brutaka; 25th May 2014 at 6:45 AM.

Claus Thantos [Human]
    Condition: Excellent
    New Bark Town
    Affected RPers:

It was almost time to leave, Claus needed to get himself ready and soon. As he got all his equipment he thought about what he might be forgetting. He double checked and saw everything was there, his weapons, his ammo, his rations, the Pokemon food, and most importantly his first aid kits and ConRev. Who knows what was gonna happen out there or how well the CloudKill was gonna keep Cloud Nine's signal at bay. Gaining some Pokemon like traits meant little to Claus, but completely turning into one and losing himself to the transformation was something he couldn't allow. He was told that the signal would become stronger the closer they got to Cloud Nine, meaning that the ConRevs were gonna become more important as well.

Once Claus had finished packing his equipment, he went outside just in time to see one of his teammates, Cole Culain, fly off from the base on his Charizard. From the direction he was going, Claus judged that he was headed straight for Goldenrod City. "He's going that deep into the region this early into the operation? He's either brave or stupid.", Claus said out loud. He didn't want to admit it, but he was concerned about Cole. If anything happened to any of his teammates, that would mean one less helping hand he needed to destroy Cloud Nine. If he thought he could do this all by himself he would have by now. But he didn't know what was waiting for him out there, no one did.

Claus took one last chance to go to the mess hall to have all his Pokemon get something to eat before they left. As they ate, Claus told them all, "Eat as much as you all can before we leave. Once we're out there, we'll have to eat what we have sparingly." Claus told them, to which they all nodded at.

It didn't take long until they were all finished, after which Claus returned them all to their Pokeballs except for Salamence, who he took outside with him and mounted. He looked in the distance west of New Bark Town and told Salamence, "Take us to Cherrygrove, if we're lucky, we'll find something to make our trip further in safer."

With his destination set, Salamence roared and took off, flying towards Cherrygrove, and as far as Claus knew, into the Pyroar's Den.

Pokemon
    Honchkrow (Excellent) - Hunger Level 0
    Salamence (Excellent) - Hunger Level 0
    Lucario (Excellent) - Hunger Level 0

Inventory:
    #3 Makarov [Pistol]
    #5 (5x) First Aid Kits
    #6 (2x) ConRev
    #7 (2x) Rations
    #8 (3x) Pokemon Food

Mordecai "Magpie" Wilks [Human]
    Scavenger, Sniper, Pack Rat, Natural Resistance
    Route 29, Johto
    Affected RPers: Melody Rerrick (Brutaka)

Magpie continued his way down the side of the trail, keeping a safe distance from it to remain unseen should someone or something travel the road. He kept on walking, crouching for a minute, then continued the routine. It wasn’t something he enjoyed, but it allowed him to keep aware of everything around him.

A flock of Pidgy flew overhead, the sudden flapping of their wings causing the wanderer to crouch with his weapon at the ready. His SVD’s long barrel wasn’t the most comfortable thing to move quickly when he assumed his position, but it wasn’t anything that bothered him too much. It was a minor annoyance that came with the use of a long-barreled rifle such as that.

Some of the bird Pokemon above perched on a nearby tree. Though one of them stood out among the rest, a Pidgiotto. Undoubtedly, it was the leader of the flock. That is, unless there was a Pidgeot that had somehow escaped his view. Magpie made sure to keep out of their way. One flying target was hard enough to hit. He didn’t need an entire city’s worth of them.

Making sure not to disrupt them, he slowly went around the tree, keeping a good ten feet away from it. He continued until he saw a girl standing near the border to the infected area. She had an Emolga on her shoulders, blonde hair, and quite simple attire, most of which being black.

Wait a second, he thought, that’s the girl from the bar. I left first and she arrives here before me? How reckless… He approached her with his weapon on the sling. Hopefully the shemagh covering his face from the nose down wouldn’t cause her to mistake him for a bandit.

“Anxious?” Magpie asked.

“Hello, Magpie,” she answered. She seemed a bit surprised as she turned around to look at him. It wasn’t something he didn’t expect. He was, however, surprised that she remembered his name. She didn’t seem like she was too interested in remembering who she met in her travels. “I didn't expect to see you out here. I was just taking a second to gather myself before going in.”

“Yeah, I didn't expect to see you either,” he replied. “That line there, I remember the first time I crossed it. You should've seen how nervous I was then.” He chuckled. “Anyway, I'm headed to Cherrygrove. I assume you are as well? We could travel together if you'd like. There's a certain strength in numbers.”

“I doubt the rest of the way to Cherrygrove City will be that dangerous,” Melody stated. “But I suppose there's no reason not to.” She nodded.

“Man, that naivety,” Magpie chuckled once more. “I remember when I used to think that way. Word of advice, nothing is ‘not that dangerous’ in the Zone”

“It's, like, right there,” she said with a confused look. Magpie found her realistic approach to the situation rather foolish. “We're practically at Cherrygrove. Besides, Jewel here has really good senses.”

Ugh, reliance on Pokemon, the experienced loner thought with a roll of his eyes, People rely far too much on those things. There’s not one living thing worth putting your one-hundred percent trust in. Who’s to say that little thing isn’t going to get her master killed on purpose if they run out of food?

“Trust me,” he said, choosing not to voice his opinion on her friend, “you should never take anything for granted. Ever.

“I understand that,” she answered, “believe me. But if you're too jumpy, you'll never get anywhere. Jewel tells me when I need to take extra care, and I deal with the issue.”

Of course she does. I’d like to see that flying rat prevent you from transforming before her eyes. Heh, I’m sure she’d love to have you become a Pokemon. I doubt that “bond” ******** won’t last a month out here.

“Now, rather than stand here at the border, we should get going. Shall we?” She had a point.

“Just warning you; you can't be too careful here,” he said with a nod. “Let's go.”

Inventory:
    #1 SVD [Sniper Rifle]
    #2 (3X)7.62x54r Magazines [Sniper Rifle Ammo]
    #3 OTs-33 Pernach [Pistol]
    #5 (2X) First Aid Kit
    #6 (2X) Ration
    #7 Pack of Suppressors
    #8 Night Vision Goggles
    #9 <Empty>
    #10 <Empty>
    #11 <Empty>
    #12 <Empty>
    Last edited by Meeker; 25th May 2014 at 12:28 AM.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Just note, jireh the provider has been dropped from the RP from his rather... sick comments in the discussion thread. Meeker and I have both agreed to remove him permanently.

• Jasper Grimshaw (Post #17) [Area 10% - 5% from Natural Resistance = 5%] - Affliction roll was 6
    • Cole Culain (Post #18) [Area 10%] - Affliction roll was 40
    • Melody Rerrick (Post #19) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll necessary
    • Mordecai "Magpie" Wilks (Post #20) [Area 0%] - No affliction roll necessary

Jasper Grimshaw's Search (Goldenrod City) [Bonus Applied]

Cash Found: $863
    RPG-7 [Rocket Launcher]
    Pokéball
    First Aid Kit
    Cyanoacrylate Adhesive Bottle ($50)
    Heart Monitor ($75)

Cole Culain's Search (Goldenrod City)

Cash Found: $334
    Stechkin [Pistol]
    5.45x39 Magazine [Assault Rifle Ammo]
    Food Ration
    [Interception Point Log Book]
    Cyanide Pills ($125)

SEARCH COOLDOWNS

Jasper Grimshaw - 3 posts remaining
    Cole Culain - 3 posts remaining
    James Quinn - 2 posts remaining

James Quinn [Human]
    Condition: Excellent / Hunger Level: 1
    Scavenger, Medic, Natural Resistance, Negotiator
    Cherrygrove City

"Not bad, not bad at all", said James as he searched through the loot they had found. He hadn't been expecting much from this little town, given the size of it, but this zone managed to surprise him already. They'd managed to find some pretty useful stuff in this place, and all that was left was to divide it up into what he would take, and what would have to be left behind. The rain would hopefully let up in a bit, so he could find some shelter.

First, James thought, the essentials. Quickly, he dug through the pile, spreading apart each of the pieces. The food rations, the first aid kit, and the cash pile were the first to go into his pack, before he began to take a close look at the rest of the items. The Pokeball, he didn't need now. Kieran and Evin had been enough before, and hopefully would be in the future. The pistol would only take up space, as he already had one, and if he remembered correctly, the C-4 Pack would need a detonator, which he didn't have. That left only the watch, the sunglasses, and the MP3 player. The watch was ticking, although he couldn't be sure if the time was right, and the material looked like silver, so it was probably worth something. The MP3 player had a small charge, but it didn't look like there was anything good on it. It was definitely worth something good at least. Judging the Sunglasses as the least valuable, he quickly scooped the watch and MP3 player into his pack, and got up.

"Kieran, Evin, come on. The rain's letting up, but it'll be back." James shouted, hopefully sounding more confident than he felt. He heard all the horror stories about Johto before. He'd dismissed them before, but all by himself, out in the actual zone where it happens, he wasn't feeling so good about his chances. Thinking quickly, he said, "We should go to the Pokemon Center for shelter. It's empty, but it'll at least be dry. Plus, it's close to the road, so we should see anybody if they enter the town.

"Umbre!" Kieran yelled, hopping up to his feet, and quickly ran over to James near the door, while Evin soundlessly got up and walked over to where the other two were. It was at times like these James wished he could understand Pokéspeech, so he could figure out just what made Kieran so happy all the time. Still, it was best to get a move on. The rain wouldn't stop for long, so they have to get to the Pokemon Center quick.

James began running, with Kieran and Evin following right behind. It would take them only about two minutes to reach the Pokemon Center the way they had looped around. Looking behind him at his two companions, he smiled. Well, he thought, at least if I'm going straight into hell, my partners will be right behind me to help pull me up.

----------------------------
    Pokemon
    Kieran the Umbreon- (Excellent) Hunger Level: 1
    Evin the Espeon- (Excellent) Hunger Level: 1

Cash- $1813
    Inventory
    #1 Stechkin [Pistol]
    #2 (2X) 9.18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    #3 AN-94 [Assault Rifle]
    #4 (3X) 5.45X39 Magazines [Assault Rifle Ammo]
    #5 (3X) Rations
    #6 (3X) Pokemon Food
    #7 (6X) First Aid Kits
    #8 (2X) ConREV
    #9 MP3 Music Player ($125)
    #10 Silver Watch ($135)
    Last edited by Treeconator11; 25th May 2014 at 9:26 PM.

Zack and Evan, the most badass pokemon on the planet

Credit to Queen_Lugia for the recolors and the pixel-over.

Melody Rerrick [Human]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: 2
    Route 29 -> Cherrygrove City, Johto
    Affected RPers: Magpie (Meeker)

As I entered the Zone, a chill went down my spine. I couldn't tell if it was from the Zone itself or from my own anxiety. Magpie kept pace and we walked in silence for a few minutes before Jewel tugged at my shoulder.

"Emo..." she said softly, nodding at Magpie.

"Hm?" I glanced over and noticed he was staring at the shotgun on my back. "Did you have a question?"

He met my gaze and responded, "Yeah, how does a rookie such as yourself get such a nice shotgun such as that? I don't think I've seen a semi-auto shotgun in the hands of anyone but veterans out here."

I shrugged. "I have my contacts."

"I take it that it costed you a fortune, eh?"

Why is he so interested in it? He better not try anything... "It... took a while, yes."

"I'm just saying, here I am with this fossil," he gestures at his own weapon, "and there you are with a brand-new shotgun that looks almost exactly like a goddamn assault rifle."

"The Kanto Underground has its ways." I shrugged again. " I suggest we change topics."

He muttered something along the lines of "Damn Unova gun regulations." A couple seconds later, he said, "Anyway, why do you trust that pet of yours so much? How do you know she won't try eat you when you run out of food or pray that you get infected so that you can understand what the hell she's saying?"

The nerve! How dare he imply that...

Jewel didn't agree either. "Emo!" she exclaimed.

"Jewel isn't a pet," I growled. "She's a friend. A sister even. She's been there for me more than any other person ever has. I have to agree with Jewel, because frankly, I'm offended you'd consider her such a monster."

He looked surprised. " Friend? Sister? Please, if she's a sister, then are you only here to get infected? Seriously, you put far too much trust in that thing. Don't even get the idea that I hate Pokemon, I don't. I just don't trust them. Nor do I trust people. When you've been in the Zone for about a month, you'll understand. If you live that long. Nobody is willing to help you unless you've got something they want. And even then, they could just let you die and get it without having to waste their time or resources. Pokemon are no better. I've seen that happen, eating their own trainers because they're out of food. Yeugh."

It was appalling to me how much he went on about this. I couldn't even imagine a scenario that would involve Jewel turning on me. It would never happen. "The trust isn't unwarranted. She's saved my life more than a couple times, even just living in the Saffron slums. People, on the other hand... I could do without them. They've caused me nothing but trouble. I may not be here to get transformed, but if it happens, oh well. As long as I can do what I came for, I wont be upset. If I didn't accept the possibility of being infected, I wouldn't have come in the first place."

We were silent for a seconds. I took a quick look around at our surroundings. I squinted through the rain that we had wandered into and seen that we were within city limits. "Oh, would you look at that? We're here. What do you recommend now, veteran?"

He chuckled. " Oh, please, me? A veteran? Don't be ridiculous. I'm only experienced. Not a veteran. You can trust that "friend", but don't be surprised if her primitive instincts take over. Still, we should go to the Pokemart. Most of it should be looted already, but there's a door nobody's been able to crack."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. But it'd be nice to actually get something done."

"You any good with locks?"

"Since you're asking me, I presume you aren't." I frowned. "Which is a shame, because I'm not either."

A couple seconds later, I suggested, "I guess I could shoot it."

He nodded. "I was thinking the same thing. With a shotgun like that, it would be perfect for blasting the lock open."

We walked in silence for a few moments again before he posed another question. "You said you were fine with transforming?"

I wasn't expecting the question, but it's not too unwarranted. " Hm? Yeah. I mean, I'm not gonna try and get infected or anything like that. But if it happens, I'm not going to worry too much. I've heard it comes in stages. As long as it doesn't go too far, I don't mind. I've got some ConRev in case it get's inconvenient." I should be keeping my inventory quiet... Oh well.

"I respect that. I find my humanity is a worthy sacrifice if it means I get what I'm here for, so be it. Not like anyone in the big land cares about me."

I nodded slowly. "And hey, if it gets to the point where I can hold a legitimate conversation with Jewel here... then, well, I can't complain much. It seems strange to think that it's actually possible that it might happen, but..."

I trailed off as we arrived at the Pokemart. I pull my shotgun around a precaution and pulled the sliding door open. "Would you like to go first?" I asked. "You're the one who knows where the door is."

"Sure...." Magpie glances suspiciously at me as he enters the building. Continuing the previous conversation, he asked, "You think there's any way to tell what you'll turn into?"

"I wouldn't know. Never seen it happen myself. It would suck if it was something awful. Like a fish or something. Ugh, I can't stand deep water." I grimaced. I surveyed the room for a couple seconds. It was dimly lit, but at least somewhat visible. Shelves were broken and scattered along the floor accompanied by shards of glass. The place was pretty barren otherwise. I could hear nothing but the sound of rain clattering against the roof. "Hm. Pretty empty in here. Keep an ear out, Jewel."

"Emo!" Jewel said in confirmation.

I turned to Magpie. " 'Kay, where's this room at?" I thought for a second and then mentioned, " You have to wonder, if we could just blow the lock open , why hasn't anyone else done that first? I imagine this place gets enough traffic."

Leading the way, Magpie answered, "They say the place is haunted. Superstitious ones, they tend to be. I'm sure somebody's been here before, but hey, they can't carry everything in the room, now can they?"

"Haunted, bah," I said, shrugging off the possibility.

We arrived at the back of the store in front of a plain door. He gestured at it. "Blast it open!"

"So this is the door, huh? Kay. I'm sure you know this, but stand away and watch your eyes." I readied my stance, prepped my shotgun, and took aim at the lock. "Three, two, one..."

The shot echoed loudly throughout the store as the doorknob flew from its home and into one of the nearby shelves. The door creaked open, revealing the darkness inside. Tentatively, I pushed the door all the way open and frowned. " Dark in there. I wonder if there's a light switch..."

"Emo!" Jewel hopped off of my shoulder and ran into the room. Suddenly, the insides became dimly lit as her cheeks cackled with electricity.

"So that shoulder decoration of yours actually has a use!" Magpie chuckled as he walked into the room.

I glared at him as he passed me, but I followed soon after. I searched the wall near the door and found a simple switch. I flicked, and the room lit up brightly with florescent light. All manner of miscellaneous objects filled boxes and shelves around the room. There was definitely stuff in here, but the question was if any of it was useful.

"Alright, let's dig into the loot, shall we?" Magpie announced.

I nodded. "Yeah, let's see if we can find anything good." Together, Magpie, Jewel, and I searched the storeroom.

Pokémon
    "Jewel" the Emolga (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 2

Inventory:
    #05 (5X) First Aid Kit
    #06 (2X) ConRev
    #07 (2X) Ration
    #08 (3X) Pokémon Food
    #09 <Empty>
    #10 <Empty>
    Last edited by Brutaka; 26th May 2014 at 4:03 AM.

Joan Lazurus [Human]
    Condition: Excellent |
    Hunger Level: N/A
    Scavengers, Support, Negotiator & Survivalist
    Route 30, Johto

Things were going good so far. Well...at least compared to before. I'm still stuck in my homeland Johto, but now, I've got some real friends. Like Gekoga and Jones. We were currently near Cherrygrove City in Route 30 and right now we--me, Gekoga, and our Pokémon--were resting under a tree, with me using the Military Laptop Computer I got. I was seeing if there was anything else known on Scythe-X other than what we know. Which is that Johto now turns you slowly into a Pokémon the closer you get to Ecruteak City. Oh wait, that's not what I was looking for, I was looking to see if there's a way to go to Route 32 without going through Violet City since it's real close to Ecruteak.

"Okay... So far, the only safe route is just going north to Route 31, but I'm seeing on trying to find a possible passage between Route 30 and Route 32," I informed my friend, Gekoga, as I typed on my computer.

I wasn't looking at him directly, but I heard him lifting his rifle. "I see... Maybe I'll go search for stuff ahead," he suggested as he stared in the mentioned direction.

"Yeah... I think that'd be a good idea as it'll take a while to find a passage," I answered back. I leaned against the trunk of the tree. I could just barely make out that he stared back at me before looking back at the pathway. "Very well. I'll see you in a bit," he said before I heard him walk of a little bit swiftly, and thus leaving me alone to find a way to Azalea.

Pokémon
    "Jones" the Sableye (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    Inventory:
    #1 OTs-33 Pernach [Pistol]
    #2 9X11mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo] (X2)
    #3 Rations (X2)
    #4 Pokémon Food
    #5 First Aid Kit (X2)
    #6 Bizon [Submachine Gun]
    #7 9X19mm Magazines [Submachine Gun Ammo] (X3)
    #8 C4 Explosive Pack (X3)
    #9 Military Laptop Computer

Gekoga Tushira [Human]
    Condition: Excellent |
    Hunger Level: 0
    Scavengers, Sniper, Pack Rat & Forager
    Route 30, Johto

It's been about a total of three days since we left Cherrygrove City and I am right now going ahead to scout somewhat and maybe find supplies. The area was normal for a forest. Trees with their leaves green because of spring, the grass luscious too, and the sounds of Pokémon around. Now, I think I outta begin searching. I start to look around the place while trying to hold my rifle because it was a bit big and heavy, but not too hefty. He look to my left and see a group of bushes. I near and see if there's in it; there wasn't any. I quietly swear before moving on.

I began to think of arbitrary thoughts, like the death of my parents. I shook my head to try and make me not dwell on it, or else I might be, what is the phrase? Down in the dumps. Well, as I was saying, I continued to look around. There was not much different in terrain, but I noted there weren't many berries on any of the trees. I thought fruits and berries grew on trees... Oh, never mind... I think I'll just search around more until Route 31.

Pokémon
    "Arc and Escavila" the Doublade (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 0
    Inventory:
    #1 Fort-12 [Pistol]
    #2 9x18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo] (X2)
    #3 Rations (X2)
    #4 Pokémon Food
    #5 First Aid Kit (X2)
    #6 AN-94 [Assault Rifle]
    #7 5.45x39 Magazines [Assault Rifle Ammo] (X3)
    #8 Nightvision Goggles
    #9 Silencers

OOC: Yeah, it was short, but I didn't have much ideas on what to write for the search post and the rest of it. XP
    Last edited by TheCharredDragon; 26th May 2014 at 9:35 AM.

Banner by Brutaka, Buttons and Userbar by Astral Shadow

Claus Thantos [Human]
    Condition: Excellent
    Cherrygrove City
    Affected RPers:

After a short flight over Route 29, both Claus and Salamence saw Cherrygrove City off in the distance, followed by Claus calling out, "There it is. Alright Salamence, get ready to land."

Hearing his trainer's command, Salamence roared in response and proceeded to lower his altitude as he got closer to a clearing at the edge of the City until he landed firmly on the ground.

As soon as Salamence touched the ground, Claus got off his back and thanked Salamence before returning him to his pokeball. He then proceeded to look around the area he landed in, where he saw he was surrounded by a bunch of run down buildings. "I guess I can't expect it to look any better after being abandoned for ten years." He remarked as he decided to approach one of the houses. When he reached the door, he grabbed the knob and tried to open it only to find that it was locked. After that he decided to knock and ask if anyone was inside, to which he got no response. Deciding that there was no other way to get inside, Claus called out his Lucario saying, "Blast that door open would you?"

Lucario nodded in response and distanced himself from the door and firing an Aura Sphere, which blew the door open on contact. After which he followed Claus inside.

Once Claus got inside he looked around and, as he expected, saw that everything inside looked like it hash't been touched in years. "Hello? Is anyone here?", he called out, and after once again getting no response he said, "Guess not. Figures." and decided to search the building for anything that might help him while he's here. He also told Lucario, "Help me look around this place, let me know if you find anything in particular that gets your attention, alright?"

Lucario nodded to him in response as they both searched separate parts of the house.

While Lucario searched around the foyer. Claus started off in the kitchen, knowing that securing food items would be one of the more important things to do out here in Johto. He meticulously searched each of the many cupboards around the kitchen as well as the pantry, hoping for that off chance that whatever he found at least looked edible, or at least wasn't over 8-9 year past it's expiration date. Once he has finished there, he decided to check upstairs, from there he saw that there were enough bedrooms to accommodate an average sized family. Claus searched each of the bedrooms about as meticulously, if not more so, than he searched the kitchen, looking through the dresser drawers, the nightstands, the closets, he even went so far as to look under the beds.

Once he had searched about everywhere in the house, Claus got back together with Lucario and they both presented whatever they had found to one another.

Pokemon
    Honchkrow (Excellent) - Hunger Level 1
    Salamence (Excellent) - Hunger Level 1
    Lucario (Excellent) - Hunger Level 1

Inventory:
    #3 Makarov [Pistol]
    #5 (5x) First Aid Kits
    #6 (2x) ConRev
    #7 (2x) Rations
    #8 (3x) Pokemon Food
    Last edited by Andydemon; 26th May 2014 at 9:46 AM.

Cole Culain [Human]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: N/A
    Goldenrod City
    Affected RPers:

Cole sat with his back pressed against the smooth concrete wall of the Goldenrod Underground, idly flipping through the notebook he had taken from Waters's body in the warehouse. It was coded in multiple ciphers, and he only knew one or two of them. Even the ones he could crack were often garbled by a second code layer. Whatever information was in here, Waters had been careful not to let it fall into the wrong hands. To anyone who wasn't Kanto military, this notebook would be entirely worthless, even if they did have the ability to decipher more of it that Cole could. There were layers upon layers to it, and Cole suspected that Waters had been reporting on more than just Sinnoh troop movements and shipping patterns. Something like that wouldn't have merited all the security. To a scavenger, it would have just been gibberish. He sighed and tilted his head back.

The scavs had picked over the warehouse pretty well. They had found a sealed plastic bag with a little cash in it, probably what was left of Waters's funds, along with the dead man's pistol, some ammo for an assault rifle and a few other things. Cole had taken the cash and ammo as well as the rations they had found, and he had briefly contemplated bringing along the cyanide pills Cassius had turned up. But they wouldn't sell for much on the black market and there were far easier ways to kill a man. In the end, he had let them be. Let some down on his luck scav come across them instead so he could put himself out of his misery. Cole had then retreated to the Goldenrod Underground, where most of the scavs had taken up residence. In the time since they had come back to Johto, the tunnels had been expanded, either by pokemon or carefully placed detonator charges. Places to sleep had been carved out of the bedrock, and scavengers guarded these berths jealously. Cole had traded away his rations to convince a scav to shove off, giving Cole a ledge some distance up from the ground, where it would be hard to reach his pack. One of the little cretins would have to clamber up first, and while it was doable, it would take a little time and cause some noise, enough to alert Cole.

The soldier wasn't happy about having to stay the night in Goldenrod, but it couldn't be avoided. Prometheus was exhausted from all the flying he had done, and the rain had started when night fell. Had Prometheus been rested, they could have broken through the clouds again. But now the tailwind that had carried them north was against them, and it would be even harder to get back. Cole didn't want to chance it, because ultimately they would have to put down in the middle of the night in the cold and damp, in the contamination zone. It was just better to stay here. Even though he was in squalor, it was at least moderately safe underground. They could make the return trip in the morning, but it would be hard flying. If the wind shifted at all, it would be to a crosswind coming down from the east. Prometheus was going to have to fight the entire way back to avoid being blown dangerously off course, perhaps even into Sinnoh airspace, or over the open ocean. Prometheus was going to need all the rest he could get.

Cole happened to glance up as two figures passed through the sleeping tunnel. The Nidorino man and the rocky-skinned scavenger from before were sauntering through, carrying their spoils for the day. Cole hid his face. The tunnel was dark enough to hide his subdued military insignia, but he didn't want them recognizing him, at least not now. He stood out enough in this city simply by not being a freak like most of the scavs. His fingers bunched in Kali's fur, the electric current that ran through her making his hands go a little numb. She hissed softly as she opened her eyes. Cole leaned his pack against her and checked the Makrov on his belt. "Watch our things, all right?" he told her. "If anyone tries to get up here, zap 'em. Maybe nonlethal if you can help it, but if not... well." Kali made a satisfied purring noise and draped her front right paw over the pack before extending her claws. "That's my girl," Cole murmured as he dropped down from the ledge with a grunt. "I'm going to go see if there's anything worth trading for around here. Maybe one of the merchants has some ConREV."

He slunk back onto the main concourse and scanned the long galleria. The underground had grown into a city in its own right since Johto had been opened up again. Cole remembered reading a science fiction book as a kid where one of the planets was an industrial hub, and several centuries of rampant production had screwed it up enough to make all infrastructure go underground into complexes called Hives, multitiered cylindrical cities. He wondered if, given enough time, Goldenrod's underground would become like that. He had to admit, it was a pretty cool idea. As he waded through the crowd, he swept his gaze around. This section of the underground was supported by several large concrete pylons covered with graffiti. Cole did a quick estimation. If he felt like it, he could probably rig up a pack of C4 on two of them, get outside and press the detonator, making this whole complex go up in smoke. There wasn't much of a reason to do so now, but if he ever had to return to Goldenrod for... something, and was either pursuing someone his superiors needed dead, or was being pursued himself, well. It was good to know.

Cole saw a merchant stall and made his way over. The man was in stage one of Cloud Nine, just barely into his transformation. His skin had taken on a green tinge, and the yellow markings of a Kecleon had begun to appear on his face. The man looked up from petting his Meowth as Cole drew closer, and he scowled. "What do you want, military dog? You've got no power here."

"I'm not trying to make trouble," Cole said. "I'm here to trade, provided you've got something I need. I've got cash, I can pay. You're still taking cash, aren't you?"

-----------------------

Pokémon
    Prometheus the Charizard (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 2
    Kali the Luxray (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 2
    Cassius the Buizel (Excellent) - Hunger Level: 2

Cash: $1334
    Inventory:
    #1 Makrov [Pistol]
    #3 AK-12 [Assualt Rifle]
    #4 (4x) 5.45x39 magazines
    #5 (2x) First Aid Kit
    #7 (3x) Pokemon Food
    #8 Military Laptop Computer
    #9 [Interception Point Log Book]
    #10 <Empty>

OOC- Haha wow! Natural Resistance saved me there. A six, so close!

Jasper Grimshaw [Human]
    Condition: Excellent | Hunger Level: N/A
    Scavenger, Support, Natural Resistance & Survivalist
    Goldenrod City, Johto
    Affected RPers:

“Wow a rocket launcher!” Jasper picked the heavy weapon up, pretending to fire it. “No ammo though. Useless for now.” Tossing the heavy weapon aside, Jasper rummaged through the rest of his finds. After deducing what was of any actual value and what was utter crap, Jasper was left with a Pokéball, a first aid kit, some kind of consumer heart monitor and a bottle of cyanoacrylate adhesive. Wanting to take all the spoils with him, Jasper opened his bag up on the table only to discover he had limited room.
    “Shit. First aid kit can fit in with the rest. Keep that. Keep the Pokéball . Need an electric type. If I can find materials for a transformer, can charge laptop when it dies again. If I get rid of this mag for the rifle , I can take the bottle or the heart monitor.” Jasper lifted the bottle into the air to inspect it. Turning it over and opening the lid, he figured the shelf life would be up anyway. Useless toxic waste now. “ Heart monitor it is then. Maybe I can sell it. Maybe open it up and turn it into something.”

Shoving all the cash Jasper managed to find into his bag along with his previous thousand, Jasper closed the bag up and swung it around his shoulder. Motioning to Locke, he started to exit the building with his rifle in hand. Jasper thought it was a shame he had to leave the rocket launcher behind, as explosions were pretty cool and effective in clearing rubble not to mention killing. But with no ammo, the bulky thing would have just been a waste of space and energy to carry around. Perhaps if no one visited the place he could come back for it.

Double checking the coast was clear inside the building, Jasper tried to walk as quiet as he could. By now that Kanto military person could have landed, even nearby perhaps. Last thing Jasper wanted was a confrontation with the army. Least of all the Kanto military.
    “Alright, coast seems clear. Let’s go Locke. No stopping for things”
    Making their way back as efficiently as possible, Jasper heard voices coming from inside nearby warehouses, but was unable to differentiate between human or Pokémon. With the way some people changed, it could have been both from the same person.
    “Alright here’s the hatch” Jasper shoved the rusted metal manhole cover to the side and peered down. “Shado, you still there? Good, Locke return” Jasper held out Locke’s Pokéball at the sound of Shado’s cry. “I’m coming down”

Starting the slow decent, Jasper was careful in not losing his footing again. Losing some sniper ammo was okay, but not if he lost anything else. Nearing the last several rungs, Jasper hopped down to the ground, the sound of his feet echoing through the tunnel.
    “C’mon Shado, let’s go to civilization and sell some stuff.” The area of the tunnel that Jasper had decided to stay was an offshoot of the main platform where most of the underground scavengers lived. There was little to no lighting in Jasper’s area and most of it blocked by rubble. Jasper was pretty sure he had most of the section of the tunnel to himself.

Hopping down onto the tracks, Shado got up from her comfortable position and joined Jasper by his side. The journey to the main platform wasn’t too long, but it was a good walk. For the most part Jasper would follow the abandoned tracks to a point where the tunnel had begun to collapse. Upon reaching the pile of fallen debris, Jasper knew exactly what rock to move, and in moving so revealed a tiny little tunnel he had shoveled out with his hands along with help from his Pokémon.
    “Alright Shado, you take this” Jasper handed the Umbreon his backpack. Swinging the rifle onto his back, Jasper started the crawl through the rubble. At the end of the tiny little tunnel, Jasper shoved aside a piece of concrete and hopped down onto the tracks below.
    “Okay Shado, your turn” The Umbreon, with the back pack in her mouth, started the crawl over. At the same time, Jasper took Locke out of his Pokéball.
    “Close it up Locke” Jasper ordered once Umbreon jumped down beside him. Locke peered down through the tunnel and using the move Psychic, lifted the boulder up to conceal the tunnel. He then did the same on the side they were on.

From there, Jasper and his two Pokémon walked along the tracks to the main platform. Gradually as they neared the platform, light started to fill their vision and the sounds of other people echoed off the walls. Eventually after a good walk, Jasper reached the platform, hopping up behind a makeshift tent. He wandered into what you could call the streets and looked around for someone to trade with. Down in the main platform of Goldenrod, civilization had in a way started to come back, possibly even calling this place a city again of some sorts. Down underground here the effects of turning into a Pokémon were lessened, so naturally underground is where people had flocked.

Walking amongst the tents and various stalls of people, Jasper managed to find what must have been the only available merchant. Whether that was a bad thing or not, it didn’t matter to him. He was only interested in buying some food and selling the heart monitor, as on the way over he had fiddled with it and discovered he couldn’t do much with it due to most electronics being jammed. If the merchant had some interesting and affordable items that would just be a bonus.
    “Heya, got some stuff to sell. Maybe buy something as well. Whatcha got?” Jasper placed the heart monitor he had taken out of his bag on the merchants table. “Got any binoculars?”

Pokémon:
    “Shado” the Umbreon (Excellent) – Hunger Level: 1
    “Locke” the Braixen (Excellent)-Hunger Level: 1
    Cash: $1863
    Inventory:
    1. Military Laptop Computer
    2. (3X) C4 Explosive Packs
    3. Fort-12[Pistol]
    4. (2X) 9x18mm Magazines [Pistol Ammo]
    5. (2X) Rations
    6. (3X) Pokémon Food
    7. (3X) First Aid Kits