Thread: ~ Mosaic - The World Mirror ~

Default ~ Mosaic - The World Mirror ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Letter
    Brave Soul,

You are no doubt wondering who the sender of this unmarked letter is. Certainly you are wondering why I am writing to you in the first place or what this letter means. And, no doubt, you are wondering why it smells suspiciously like freshly baked cinnamon rolls. All in due time.

By now you should have sensed that something is amiss in the world. Perhaps the weather has been acting strange, or the animals seem more aggressive than usual. It could be just a gut feeling, or perhaps you can sense the currents of Mana shifting beyond the Veil.

The truth is, the World Mirror, the great Mosaic that defines our realms is in peril. If you are from a place that knows what I am speaking about, then you already know the danger. If not, well, nobody's perfect. It should suffice to say that the World Mirror is what keeps everything in order. If it were to shatter... your realm, ALL realms would never be the same.

Thankfully, there is something we can do to protect it. But I need your help Brave Soul. I am writing to you, and others like you, because you have what it takes to cross the Veils. Because you few have the gifts needed to perform this quest. Because I have nowhere else to turn.

Hopefully, you will accept this invitation to join me and those like you in the Axiom Gallery, the realm between realms. And hopefully you enjoy the smell of cinnamon rolls. That won't be going away.

Together, we can save the realms from falling into chaos. Should you accept, simply return to the place you found this letter and burn it. The door will open for you. It is my deepest hope that you all will accept this honor and this burden.

May the Tree of Life shade you on your journeys.

- V. V.
    -+-+-+-+-+-

~ A Dimly Lit Study ~
    - A Short Time Ago -

The witch inspected her handiwork, holding one of the many letters up to the soft orange glow of the light stone. Was it too much information? Not enough? Would the recipients feel the importance of it or would they arrive out of sheer curiosity? She supposed that in the end, it didn't really matter. If they received the letter in the first place then they were the ones who were destined for this. At least, if the quality of her spellweaving hadn't degraded these last few millennia.

It had taken quite some time to craft, but the spell that she had created should seek out exactly the right beings to fix things. Who they were... well, she wouldn't figure that out until they stepped through the portal and met face to face.

It was a little exhilarating, if she was honest with herself. Everything about this was outside of protocol. Do not involve mortals. Do not reveal the nature of the World Mirror. Do not endanger innocents. But unless she took action everything would be at risk. Her superiors would understand that, surely.

Another mana surge rocketed through the Axiom Gallery, a slight tremor in the fabric of space and time. Perhaps another crystal had been knocked lose just now. There was no time to waste.

The witch raised her hands and they began to glow with silver light. With a flourish, the pile of letters rose into the air and began spinning wildly. One by one, they vanished in a little puff of silver dust until none remained.

Those letters would travel a long way, messengers scattered throughout the realms, delivering the last hope the witch had of saving everything she loved. But also a great risk. She could only trust that it would all be worth it in the end.

-+-+-+-+-+-

~ Mosaic - The World Mirror ~

~ The Axiom Gallery - Abandoned Chamber ~

The witch had taken careful preparations to ensure that this section of the Axiom Gallery would be unoccupied today. As far as she could tell, the only beings anywhere near this level would be herself and whoever, whatever, answered the call of her letters.

When the portals opened up, the first thing the new arrivals would see was the pristine marble floor, swirled with black and white, and the unadorned walls that seemed to be carved out of a single piece of wood. All four walls and the high ceiling were gracefully and gently curved and without a single seam or corner in sight. It was as though the room had been carved out of a much larger piece of wood and then the floor was somehow magically put in.

There was no doorways or windows to be seen, no entrances or exits, and the room was lit by several crystals embedded in the ceiling. Though the light stones could project any color light, they were currently emitting a crisp white light to illuminate the whole room. And so the new arrivals could see each other and their host of course.

The witch sighed. Hopefully all of this preparation was enough. As for herself, the witch was tall and thin. Something about her proportions didn't seem quite right, as though she had been stretched or pulled just slightly out of normal human shape. She wore a simply layered garb, flowing robes that looked for all the world that someone had made fabric of the night sky, stars and all, and wrapped them around her from neck to ankles. The view of the stars seemed to change as she moved, as though the robes were a window on a real sky. The fabric wasn't exactly billowy, but it was loose enough that her figure was a mystery.

She felt the first ripples in the mana flow before the portal appeared. And just like that, a little window of silver light appeared. Soon, it would drop out a traveler from another world. What would they think of all this she wondered. Nervously, she adjusted her tall, pointed, and wide brimmed hat. It was made from the same magical fabric as her robes and looked quite big on her. Hair the soft glowing silver of starlight spilled from the back of her hat and halfway down her back, and she pulled and adjusted the bangs that poked out from under the front brim. First appearances were important after all.

Soon, the room was full of portals. And as if on cue, they all dropped their passengers simultaneously. The result was a small crowd of various beings all standing in the middle of a mostly empty room amidst a cloud of silver sparkles and smoke that all smelled like cinnamon rolls.

"Welcome, all of you." the witch said with an elaborately graceful and well practiced bow. She cast her luminous golden eyes over the group, taking in each face, and surprised by a few. Why on earth had her spell summoned a Wolpertinger, Cherufe, and a Shade of all things? Only one way to find out.

"I'm sure you all have many questions." the witch said through sapphire blue lips, her porcelain face alight in a pleasant smile, "Rest assured that I will answer any that you may have. For now, you should know that I am the one who sent the letters to you all. My name is Versa Victa, and I am one of the Immortals tasked with the care of the World Mirror, the crystal Mosaic that keeps the realms, your realms and others, in harmony."

Judging by the smell that was still fading, she should probably explain one more thing too. "Oh, and don't mind the cinnamon roll smell. My magic always smells like that, you'll get used to it with any luck."

She waved a hand and another puff of silver smoke and tasty scent conjured a table filled with an assortment of refreshments from the various realms the visitors were from.

"Now, before we get started, I want you all to know that this will not be an easy task. I would like to invite each of you to join me in repairing the damage caused to the Mosaic and bringing peace and harmony back to the many realms. But this has to be something you want to do, I can not and will not force this burden upon you. If you wish to return to your realm, simply say so and you shall be granted leave."

She smiled again. "But, if you wish to stay and hear the rest of my tale, then please, introduce yourselves. We have much to discuss, but I should like to know your names, Brave Souls."
    Last edited by TheSequelReturns; 23rd August 2016 at 6:08 AM.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

(I was not expecting to be the first post...)

Veronica Lance
    Human Spellcaster/Necromancer
    The Axiom Gallery - Abandoned Chamber

As soon as she burnt the letter the letter she had received, Veronica suddenly found herself in a completely new location. This was apparently the Axiom Gallery the letter had talked about. She looked around, and saw that the place she had arrived in vaugely reminded her of castles she had read about in various books, with it's marble floors, and crystals illuminating the entire room. The fact that there were no windows or doors was strange, but considering whoever or whatever was able to summon them all like this, such things probably weren't necessary.

Gradually, portals appeared in the room, and others started to appear from them. Some of them at least looked to be human, while others obviously weren't... She didn't take the time to observe each and every person present, as it was starting to get much too crowded for Veronica's taste. The whole room started to smell like cinnamon rolls. The one that brought them here must have had a sweet tooth.

Then, a tall, and willowy woman appeared before the group of strangers. Dressed in flowing robes that resembled the night sky, and a tall pointed hat, she reminded Veronica of storybook depictions of witches. Veronica couldn't help chuckle a little. If the people in her home village who had called her a witch had been here right now, they would have been terrified. The woman introduced herself as Versa Victa, an immortal who guarded The World Mirror, and explained her reasoning for gathering a group of complete strangers to one location. She also made a table full of refreshments appear with a wave of her hand. Veronica couldn't help noticing there were a lot of desserts present on the table. She definitely has a sweet tooth... Veronica thought to herself...

"Now, before we get started, I want you all to know that this will not be an easy task. I would like to invite each of you to join me in repairing the damage caused to the Mosaic and bringing peace and harmony back to the many realms. But this has to be something you want to do, I can not and will not force this burden upon you. If you wish to return to your realm, simply say so and you shall be granted leave."

Veronica rolled her eyes. If we didn't want to do this, we wouldn't have burnt those letters...

She smiled again. "But, if you wish to stay and hear the rest of my tale, then please, introduce yourselves. We have much to discuss, but I should like to know your names, Brave Souls."

Veronica waited a few moments to see if any of the other strangers were going to introduce themselves first. No one did. She sighed, and took a step foward. She really hated introductions like this. Especially when she had to be the first one doing it. She stepped foward, and introduced herself. "My name is Veronica Lance..." She gave Versa a curtsy of her own. "Where I came from, people called me a witch." She waved her hand, a skeletal cat appeared in her arms, and she started petting it. "Bad things have been known to happen when I'm around, but I'm willing to help your cause if you'll have me..."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 25th August 2016 at 3:13 AM.

Sylvanna Fenchurch
    Fairy Wanderer/Elemental

Sylvy found herself lying face-down on the floor in an unknown location. She had expected something flashy and awesome, but had instead been unceremoniously dropped, head-first, out of a portal, amidst a cloud of silver sparkles and the scent of cinnamon rolls. Everybody else seemed to have landed feet first, so she decided that the reason for this uncomfortable position was the fact that she had insisted on doing a backflip while going through the portal because she had thought it would look awesome.

Sighing, she pulled herself to her feet, shaking her head slightly as she did so. The floor she had fallen on was marble, decorated by girls of black and white. While the patterns weren’t exactly tasteful, the floor itself was in pristine condition. The only marble she had ever seen in her life that could possibly have rivalled it was the sacred chamber in Laputa itself, where the first floating cities were said to have been created. The walls were carved out of wood, and had been constructed so seamlessly that it seemed like the entire room had been cut out of a gigantic tree trunk. Several crystals on the ceiling provided the light, and were currently projecting a bright, white light. She knew that they could probably do all sorts of colours, but the person that had invited her had probably chosen to use white to provide the best illumination.

All around her, portals had opened up and dropped various other creatures, some of them distinctly inhuman, others of them less so. With a short grin of appreciation, she turned around to try and find the person that had summoned her. It wasn’t difficult - she did stand out quite a bit. She was tall and thin, and looked human enough, which was a bit of a disappointment (she had been expecting demonic horns, or something equally cool). Her robes, however, made up for whatever awesomeness was missing from her actual appearance. They appeared to have been ripped right out of the night sky itself, and shimmered as the witch - she was probably a witch - moved.

"Welcome, all of you. I’m sure you all have many questions." the witch said, taking a sweeping bow as she did so, her eyes passing over each of the arrivals in turn. "Rest assured that I will answer any that you may have. For now, you should know that I am the one who sent the letters to you all. My name is Versa Victa, and I am one of the Immortals tasked with the care of the World Mirror, the crystal Mosaic that keeps the realms, your realms and others, in harmony."

Woaahhh, awesome! She’s an immortal that guards some super-cool artefact? What, like a god? Sylvy thought, managing to keep herself from expressing her enthusiasm out loud, because she felt that it would be out of place in what looked like quite a serious occasion. Her eyes seemed to be sparkling, like a wannabe athlete who was meeting up with her idol. Maybe she’ll bestow special powers on all of us… like, I don’t know, the creation of dimensional rifts? Or maybe teleportation?

The witch waved her hand, and a table full of refreshments appeared. Wow, so she can create things from thin air, or maybe teleport them! I’ve always wanted to do that! Hey, look, there’s even some of that awesome bubbly drink they served at Solaria… I wonder where she got those…. She made a move to go there, then realised that she should probably listen to what this witch had to say first.

"Now, before we get started, I want you all to know that this will not be an easy task. I would like to invite each of you to join me in repairing the damage caused to the Mosaic and bringing peace and harmony back to the many realms. But this has to be something you want to do, I can not and will not force this burden upon you. If you wish to return to your realm, simply say so and you shall be granted leave." The witch continued, sounding a bit more solemn than before.

Pfft. Like anybody’s going to turn down an opportunity to go dimension-hoping with an immortal. Sylvy thought, her grin growing even wider on her face. If I was going to leave, I wouldn’t have come here in the first place.

"But, if you wish to stay and hear the rest of my tale, then please, introduce yourselves. We have much to discuss, but I should like to know your names, Brave Souls."

A girl stepped forward, looking somewhat apathetic about this whole ‘introduction’ thing they had to do. "My name is Veronica Lance..." She gave Versa a curtsy of her own. "Where I came from, people called me a witch." She waved her hand, a skeletal cat appeared in her arms, and she started petting it. "Bad things have been known to happen when I'm around, but I'm willing to help your cause if you'll have me..."

As if that had suddenly released all the excitement bubbling up inside her, Sylvy darted forward to be face-to-face with this Veronica girl. “Woah, you can summon skeletons! Man, I’ve always wanted to do that!” she squealed, her green eyes sparkling like a tomb raider who had just found an invaluable treasure. “Do you like, have to wear some sort of special bracelet, or say some sort of charm, or-”

Realising that she had probably just said something insensitive - the girl seemed to have some sort of history, judging by her introduction - Sylvy quickly calmed herself down and cleared her throat. Man, that was embarrassing… she thought, hastily turning away and glancing round the room, hoping that nobody was looking at her like she was some sort of idiot. Maybe I should introduce myself as well…. “Well, sorry about that…” she murmured, her eyes glancing this way and that as her left hand fidgeted with one of the knives she kept in her sleeves. “A-anyways, my name is Sylvana Fenchurch. You can call me Sylvy, or SYLPH. I’m very pleased to meet you all.”
    "Darkness shrouded in light, frenzied blaze clad in night, in the name of the crimson demons, let the collapse of thine origin manifest. Summon before me the root of thy power hidden within the lands of the kingdom of demise! Explosion!"

Omar Zephyrwilde
    Half-breed - Hunter/Wanderer

Opening his eyes, the enigmatic Half-Breed takes a look at his newfound surroundings. He knew now that there was something very out of place about that letter, he never encountered that kind of magic before. He pondered on how he could duplicate such a thing, but didn't think on it for long. Much like the rest of the multitude of strange and interesting beings that started to appear, he himself was puzzled. But unlike most, be was quite interested about this new place. Luminescent crystals, a beautifully cut floor and walls...This was quite a far cry from any dusty old ruin he'd explore back at home. There was that familiar scent of cinnamon rolls too, much like from the letter he subjected to flint...

"How intriguing, i've appeared to have stumbled into an alternate plane!", he says with a bit of a curious smile on his face. Observing further, he finds the large crowd of other beings, all unique in their own way. Some seemed humanoid like him, while others were far from it! He found the presence of all these beings quite...exotic. "...And i'm not alone either...hm?" His attention quickly jolts to the maiden clad in sorceress's robes who welcomes them all. She too was an odd one, he thought. His distinct cat ears twitched as he listened in on what she was saying to the crowd. He took in all that she said to say, learning that she goes by Versa Victa and that she was something called an "Immortal", who's in charge of overseeing a "World Mirror" of sorts; an artifact that essentially keeps the many worlds out there, stable.

"Seems like quite the job." He remarked to himself. "Given the tone of the letter, she needs some help too..." He hears the lady offer to take anyone who does not wish to stay to return to their respective realms. He didn't consider it. If Versa went so far as to send letters across realms, he wouldn't feel right to disregard someone in need that badly...Besides, this would make quite the tale to tell the others back at the Adventurer's Guild!

As Versa pleaded for introductions, he notices someone else speak up first. The human girl was a redhead clad in lacy dark attire, she appeared to have special powers indeed. He observed her summoning a strange entity and petting it. He can clearly tell that she was definitely no ordinary human, but wasn't threatened by her either...

Then he looked over the human and saw another being speak. This one seemed younger and had wings. She seemed very Fairy-like. He listens to her prattle on like a fangirl for a little while. It amused him how much energy the Fey-Girl had, it must have reminded him of someone he knew...

As both beings quiet, he takes a step and speaks up:

"Greetings, my otherworldly friend." He shifts and lets his worn clothes flow briefly and his headgear glints as he smiles towards Versa Victa. "I go by Omar Zephyrwilde back in my world. You needn't worry about inconveniencing me, I am a wanderer at heart. However, to stumble upon something such as this...I must say I am a fortunate Felupe indeed! I'd be fine to hear what you need of us."

-

Eliza Eclair
    Wolpertinger - Monster/Saboteur

With the tasty woods suddenly turning into something different, the big strange beast looks completely bamboozled about it. You could imagine question marks popping up around her head as she she spends a few moments looking around in confusion. Eliza realizes that something was definitely up about that inedible paper stuff she bit into. "H-huh? What happened? Where am I??", she gruffly asks. She scratches her head and wonders just what was this weird new spot. She pawed at the marble floor which looked like mint swirl and gave it a lick...And quickly cringes. It was NOT mint at all, but hard and tasted as bland as that paper! It looks pretty, but not very tasty. She bet the wood walls look like they'd be even worse...Now she really was wondering just what is going on. Why does everything here taste so...not so tasty?!

She also noticed a number of other strange creatures in the same room. She was bigger than most of them, but there were a few that sized up to her. She didn't pay much mind to them yet, she just wanted something to snack on...At least the air smelled like tasty cinnamon rolls, which put her more at ease. Wanting some, she started to wander about.

Picking up the scent of refreshments, she loomed on all fours over the table. She licked her lips and liked what she saw. Unlike the room, all this stuff looked edible! She looked as if she was ready to wolf down the entire table...until she gets an earshot from the bizarre woman in the distance. She wasn't really listening completely, but she did manage to get a name: Versa Victa, and something about a "World Mirror". At those two words, she wondered about her own world, the wonderful land of Sweetshire. The Wolpertinger pondered, where else can she find answers than from the creature who has everyone else's attention? She goes on two feet to lumber over to this Versa character and grill her about it, surprisingly heavy footsteps clearly gave away her presence...

Eliza also notices some other smaller creatures who have already spoken. One was a human girl whose dress reminded her of black licorice. Another looked like a human mixed with a cat and a wolf. The third one she thought was a big butterfly, to put things bluntly...Eliza glanced at them briefly before turning to the oddly-robed woman clothed in sparkling robes. She looms beside her before getting back on all fours and up to her. Then, as odd as it is, she speaks out:

"Hey, you..." She blurts out. "I'm Eliza Eclair, and I wanna know what happened. Where am I? Where's the woods I was chowing down in?" The beast seems quite clueless, it doesn't seem like she got the memo like everyone else..."Also, why does everything taste so bad?"
    Last edited by TrottingMinccino; 28th August 2016 at 1:52 AM.
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

Life likes to be stubborn, i'll still try to bear with it.
    My ASB Profile

OOC: Finally got this up. Long post incoming!

---

Slyvia Moore the Werecat
    Treasure Hunter Guard
    Presumably Axiom Gallery

If there was one thing Slyvia was used to in her life was that at one point or another, adventure will find her even if she didn't ask for it. That was how she ended up as a treasure hunter. That was how she was freed from her captors. And that was how she met her husband, and raising her daughter was an adventure in itself, so it wasn't all bad. But this was beyond anything she's ever done before. Though that time they ticked off a demigod does come close considering that he was, well, the child of a god and he nearly ripped a part of the veil in his rage. Unsurprisingly, he wasn't the only one who could affect the veil.

The place she found herself in after stepping through the portal was big, like very big. She was pretty sure it could easily fit the largest dragon or leviathan any time. The marble floor was as pristine as the wooden walls. She couldn't help but note how carved they looked. For once, she didn't complain. Especially considering she had her family with her. She chuckled at the looks on their faces. Her husband clearly wanted to go to the walls, touching and examining them up close, but stayed put by her side. Her daughter was looking at their surroundings, but then apparently found somebody familiar, very familiar.

"Gaheris?! What're you doing here?"

"Cole! Huh. Funny, I realized I left without telling you guys," the satyr said. He mumbled something before he continued. "And I felt bad about that but now you're here, I don't have to worry anymore."

She chuckled again. That boy was about as silly as her husband in his own way. But he was a good kid. Seeing as they were busy, Slyvia turned her attention to the others that had went through the portals. She knew they were going to be different, but she didn't expect so many to look familiar or human. The dragon and fairy were certainly something she was used to. Then she finally looked at their "summoner", for lack of a better word. Her dress, hat included, looked like it was made of the night sky. She bet that more vain people would've killed for such an amazing dress. Their summoner introduced herself as Versa Victa and said a few things. She also explained all of her magic smelled of cinnamon. Well, that was unusual, even for her, but at least it was something that smelled okay.

A silence followed. She had no idea whether to start the introductions until a young lady, looking not that much older than her daughter, introduced herself and summoned a skeleton cat in her arms. She felt bad and mad at the same time at Veronica's words. She knew very well being thought as well, anything negative. But she didn't show it in case the girl misinterpreted her expressions. In her mind, the girl already had enough of the discrimination.

Next was that fairy she saw getting rather excited over Veronica...with little tact whatsoever. It reminded her of her husband when they first met, and thankfully she realized how she acted just like he did and apologized. She said her name was Sylvana. Next was this human cat dog guy. His name was Omar. Both had agreed to help, just like Veronica. And then there was the giant hare like creature...Eliza. Apparently, she didn't get the memo.

Seeing as the big bunny was busy, she swept her gaze across the room again with a smile on her face.

She said, "Hey everyone. Name's Slyvia. Slyvia Moore. And of course I'll help. It's kind of my job to help."

Zen Moore the Daemon
    Monster Guard
    Axiom Gallery

He found it a bit odd, even for him, that they had to burn the letter to open the portal, but magic was strange. This place, presumably the Axiom Gallery from what the letter said, was even stranger, and equally amazing. The gallery seemed to be almost as if it was made from one giant piece made up of both marble and wood. There also a variety of colors he could see. Some of them looked like mana but it was hard to tell with all the others colors over them. He was tempted to go closer but he knew better. Besides, if anything, he'll have plenty of time to observe and find out.

And there were also the other beings who've been summoned. They were as varied as he thought they'd be. Quite a few had odd auras, especially this young lady with black clothes and her head covered in a hood. Her aura reminded him of his own and daemons in general. Though admittedly he only saw one other daemon in his life and his daughter didn't truly count since she was only half daemon. Still, it would be nice to speak to her if she was a daemon or something similar. Though speaking of his daughter, it seemed that her friend, Gaheris, was among those summoned. She was understandably surprised and he chuckled at his behavior, much like his wife had.

Then he listened to the conversations. Their summoner had introduced herself as Versa Victa and gave a few explanations. She then asked for each of them to introduce themselves. Zen wasn't sure if he should've gone first but he didn't dwell on it long as somebody already took the step. It was a young lady in purple and black clothing. She said her name was Veronica and that she was a witch. As if to prove the point, she summoned a skeletal cat in her arms as she said that. He couldn't help but notice how his wife reacted, or rather lack of. He knew what it was like for her to be discriminated. She must be reminded of herself.

Next a fairy introduced herself. She said her name was Sylvana but she could also be called two nicknames, one of them being SYLPH. She was rather excited at Veronica's display of powers. But if he remembered correctly, that wasn't too nice. He remembered shortly after he first met his wife and he first saw her powers, he reacted similarly. Not as energetically as the fairy, but he was just as curious, bombarding her with questions. It was only when he saw her flinch did he stop and soon apologized. SYLPH did the same at the present.

The one that followed was a hybrid of sorts. He looked fairly fine physically, but his aura was a bit mixed and messed up. The auras of the different animals--a car, dog and human from what he could tell--were clashing badly, particularly at one spot on his head. It must be some part of his brain and his ears from the position. He wasn't so sure what to think of that. He hoped he was okay. The hybrid then introduced himself as Omar. He also indirectly answered the question of his species, which were apparently called Felupe. Odd name, but then again, his own name was no different.

And then there was this large hare like creature. He remembered seeing one when they had passed by the land of Inquisitor, except this one was much taller than it. It also had a squirrel's tail and almost dessert like patterns on its fur. From her aura, he could tell she was female, which was a good thing as it was hard to tell by her voice or her body. She said her name was Eliza, but unlike the others had no idea why she was here. Or why nothing tasted good. He could also tell from her aura that she was a little upset, a little angry and mostly confused at the same time.

His wife decided to introduce herself at this point.

"Hey everyone. Name's Slyvia. Slyvia Moore. And of course I'll help. It's kind of my job to help." She then gestured to him and said, "And this is my husband."

He decided to do the same.

He gave a slight bow with his body, his arm against his chest. Then he said, "I am Zen. I'm pleased to make your acquintance with all of you." He gave another bow. "And like my wife, I'm willing to help, not just because it's my job to."

Nicole "Cole" Moore the Daemon-Werecat
    Monster
    Axiom Gallery

Nicole couldn't believe it. She was out on an adventure to save several realms and what was more awesome were all the beings in this room. Yeah, the room was pretty cool, but she found all the colors of auras around it too much for her. So she focused on all those around her with a big smile on her face. All of their auras were so different. Some looked like her mom's, especially that one with the big axe that she wasn't sure if he was a man in bear skin or a bear that looked like a man. Then there was this young lady who had an aura like her dad's though it was a bit blacker than his.

Then there was this satyr that looked a lot like--wait.

"Gaheris?! What're you doing here?" she said.

The satyr in question turned and looked at her, equally surprised.

"Cole! Huh. Funny, I realized I left without telling you guys," the satry said. "And Sir Gawain..." he mumbled before he returned to normal volume. "And I felt bad about that but now you're here, I don't have to worry anymore."

"So you got the letter too?"

"Uh huh. Man, this is going to be great. We're gonna go on an adventure! Oh, and we could be like some heroic duo!"

"Yeah! That's a great idea! Maybe we should give ourselves a name then..."

Unfortunately, they didn't get to continue their discussion as introductions started. Though she personally didn't mind. First there was their host, Versa Victa. Second was this other young lady named Veronica who had summoned a skeleton cat. She had seen humans before, but she couldn't help herself from silently squeeling at the sight of a human who could magic. Though unlike this fairy who shared her enthusiasm, she didn't ask her questions. There was a time and place for it and it was clear from her aura that Beronica found her powers a bit of a sore spot. Then there was this weird human cat dog guy. His name was Omar. And a big bunny squirrel with horns thing. Her name was Eliza. Apparently, she didn't know why she was here.

That was weird. But she didn't dwell on it as her parents introduced themselves.

"Hey everyone. Name's Slyvia. Slyvia Moore. And of course I'll help. It's kind of my job to help." Her mom then gestured to her dad and said, "And this is my husband."

He gave a slight bow with his body, his arm against his chest. Then he said, "I am Zen. I'm pleased to make your acquintance with all of you." He gave another bow. "And like my wife, I'm willing to help, not just because it's my job to."

Her mom then gestured to her. "And that is my daughter."

She gave a huge grin. "Hi there everyone! Yeah. Name's Nicole and my family name's Moore. You can call me Cole though if you guys want."

Then, seeing as Veronica did the same, she decided to show case her powers. She leaned forward and suddenly her body shifted. Soon, the human girl was replaced with a ghostly looking snow leopard, the emerald green eyes glowing. She still had her smile on her face.

"And I'm half daemon from my dad and half werecat from my mom. That's why I look like this."

Gaheris Gunther the Satyr
    Ninja Dancer Guard
    Axiom Gallery

Well, things turned out okay. He wished he hadn't been so impulsive in accepting the letter but that was forgotten as he looked at the marvelous assumed Axiom Gallery. It was unlike anything he had ever seen. It even rivaled ParaGuard's headquarters though that was with some bias. Then there were the beings. Some looked human, others obviously not. There were some familiar sights, particularly the pret--the fairy and the lady in purple and black clothes with wonderful ey--with a nice taste in clothi--with an almost pale complexion.

And then his previously forgotten worry was finally quenched at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Gaheris?! What're you doing here?" she said.

Gaheris turned and found an equally surprised Cole looking at him.

"Cole! Huh. Funny, I realized I left without telling you guys," the satry said. "And Sir Gawain..." he mumbled before he returned to normal volume. "And I felt bad about that but now you're here, I don't have to worry anymore."

"So you got the letter too?"

"Uh huh. Man, this is going to be great. We're gonna go on an adventure! Oh, and we could be like some heroic duo!"

"Yeah! That's a great idea! Maybe we should give ourselves a name then..."

They didn't continue though as introductions were made. First was a woman with clothes that looked like it was the night sky itself. Then next was that girl he saw earlier. She said her name was Veronica. And she was a witch. And she summoned a skeleton cat as if to prove it. Then the fairy, Sylvana. Then was this...hybrid. He couldn't really tell what he was. His name was Omar. Then, sort of, was this big bunny thing who didn't know why she was here and why did everything taste bad. She had pretty horns. He quickly mentally slapped himself at the thought. Finally, his friends introduced themselves. First was Cole's mother, Slyvia, then Cole's father, Zen, then Cole herself. She also showed and explained her powers just as Veronica did. Well, except for the explaining part.

Either way, he took this as his turn.

He put his arm against his chest as he was trained and said, "And I, Gaheris Gunther, twelth son of Sigfred and Brynhildr and proud member of the ParaGuard, am at your service, Lady Victa. It is an honor to be summoned for a good cause."

Then he turned his attention to Eliza.

"And though I am not our host, I can tell you we are here to help this fair lady in her quest to save the realms from the collapse of the World Mirror, which binds our realms in stability, from what I hear."
    "I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Model Z's password, a summary of Zero's beliefs; Megaman ZX
    You feel inspired by your favorite quote. You're filled with DETERMINATION.
    "I'm just gonna keep pressing buttons," - My favorite youtuber, TheGamingBeaver

Image credit goes to American-Pi.

Kitai Hayashi
    Kitsune - Illusionist/Yokai

Once he entered the portal, Kitai flew through a hallway of white light he had never seen before, he wondered what could've conjured this and where it was taking him, the latter would be answered soon as he saw the exit and was thrust out though it, afterwards he was met with a black and white floor made from a material Kitai had never seen or felt before, but it did look pretty to the Kitsune. He soon began to look around, curious of his surroundings, and saw that he was in what appeared to be an enclosed space, one that lacked any windows or doors. It made Kit wonder how anyone was able to look outside or leave, although he quickly reminded himself about the portals.

Speaking of portals, Kit soon noticed that he wasn't the only one to enter this strange place, as more people spilled through multiple portals in the chamber, most of them assuming forms Kit had never seen before, all except for one human, a race that was commonplace in his realm and one he was very familiar with.

"Welcome, all of you." Said a voice that prompted Kitai to look and see the figure bowing before him and the others, once again a being Kit didn't recognize. "I'm sure you all have many questions. Rest assured that I will answer any that you may have. For now, you should know that I am the one who sent the letters to you all. My name is Versa Victa, and I am one of the Immortals tasked with the care of the World Mirror, the crystal Mosaic that keeps the realms, your realms and others, in harmony."

*An Immortal?* Kitai thought in his mind. *Does she mean she's a kami, like Inari or Amaterasu?*

"Oh, and don't mind the cinnamon roll smell. My magic always smells like that, you'll get used to it with any luck." Versa stated before conjuring a variety of refreshments, some of which Kitai could recognize from his own realm.

Kitai didn't like to hear that what was about to be asked of him and the others was going to be difficult, but it didn't come as a surprise to him either. If it were easy chances are she could've done it herself, or at least only needed several helpers aside from how many she did summon. At the very least, Kit took comfort in knowing that whatever he was called upon to do, he would not do it alone.

"But, if you wish to stay and hear the rest of my tale, then please, introduce yourselves. We have much to discuss, but I should like to know your names, Brave Souls."

In response to Versa's request for an introduction, Kitai bowed politely to her and said, "My...My name is Kitai Hayashi. I'm a Yokai, a Kitsune to be specific."

OOC: Are people still here?

Luna
    Shade - Monster/Elemental

Well, this was certainly different.

Luna found herself in the middle of a large room, one possessing a strange, otherworldly beauty that she had never seen before in architecture. It was fascinating in the way that all things were fascinating to her. The walls seemed to have been carved out of a single, pristine tree, and the floor covered with simple swirls of black and white. Altogether, it reminded her of a small dwelling she had once fashioned for herself in a particularly large and health tree, but with a nicer floor and actual lighting. Not a bad place.

The problem was that she was in the centre of the room, where she would possibly be at the centre of attention. After a quick glance around to see whether she had been payed attention to - thankfully not, as there were a few more… eye-catching beings in the room - she seemed to suddenly disappear in a cloud of mist and reappear near the back of the room, next to what seemed like a table with food on it. She eyed the food warily, committing their shapes and forms to memory, but not daring to touch them. She hadn’t seen many of these foods before, and she knew to approach anything that was unfamiliar to her with caution.

She turned away from the foodstuffs and towards the person who commanded the attention of all in the room - a tall witch, wearing robes that seemed to have been woven from the night sky itself. She repeated a few of the things that had been said in the letters and invited every person in the room to introduce themselves. As she committed the faces and names of those who had spoken to her memory - Veronica, Human, supposed witch, Overexcited Fairy girl Sylvana, Gaheris the Satyr, Kitai the Kitsune, Omar, a Felupe (something she had never heard of) and many others - she debated whether to introduce herself. So far, she had managed to go unnoticed, and she hoped to stay that way. Perhaps if she just remained in the shadows, people would assume she had made an introduction but they had simply forgotten it.

Sighing, she turned away for a moment and began to examine the food once more, reaching down and picking up one that looked particularly interesting every now and then. One of the perks of her… condition was that she didn’t have to worry about what she ate - in fact, she didn’t have to eat at all. As such, she did not shy away from taking some of the more unhealthy-looking snacks, many of which were particularly interesting.
    "Darkness shrouded in light, frenzied blaze clad in night, in the name of the crimson demons, let the collapse of thine origin manifest. Summon before me the root of thy power hidden within the lands of the kingdom of demise! Explosion!"

OOC: had a horrid spot of writers bloc, so I didn't make my other character :/

Nuv' Tekka
    Paladin/Bombardier
    - The Axiom Gallery - Abandoned Chamber -

Being blinded by the unusual brightness of the portal, Nuv' Tekka barreled in, immediately collapsing to the ground - it was... cold, so cold in fact Nuv' Tekka couldn't move, his propulsion jets couldn't handle at such low temperatures. Still trying to readjust its vision from the bright lights - Nuv' Tekka sat itself up using his arms as it grumbled - however it quickly became alerted when it heard voiced all around, although it couldn't understand them.

Nuv' Tekka quickly used its weapons to form a defensive shell around it, afraid that the voices were hostile, however, there was one voice that it could understand - "Welcome all of you," as Nuv' Tekka finally adjusted to the light, it noticed that it was surrounded by a bunch of soft - fleshy creatures. "I'm sure you all have many questions." the voice rang out as it came from a light skinned being, "Rest assured that I will answer any that you may have. For now, you should know that I am the one who sent the letters to you all. My name is Versa Victa, and I am one of the Immortals tasked with the care of the World Mirror, the crystal Mosaic that keeps the realms, your realms and others, in harmony."

"Nuv' Tekka wants rock, Nuv' Tekka can't move." Nuv' Tekka said, hoping the being could understand it, "Now, before we get started, I want you all to know that this will not be an easy task. I would like to invite each of you to join me in repairing the damage caused to the Mosaic and bringing peace and harmony back to the many realms. But this has to be something you want to do, I can not and will not force this burden upon you. If you wish to return to your realm, simply say so and you shall be granted leave, But, if you wish to stay and hear the rest of my tale, then please, introduce yourselves. We have much to discuss, but I should like to know your names, Brave Souls."

Nuv' Tekka then put its shield down, assuming the surrounding beings were friendly, "Nuv' Tekka" it said, pointing at itself before continuing, "Nuv' Tekka Ut-Fa'Til, escape decommisioning," it continued as it watched the portal it came through fade away.

Ginguin - Roacharmer

I do a lot of Minecraft and Pokémon related thing on my Youtube channel, give it a look!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8...a-SJuv75IWiWtQ

Omar Zephyrwilde
    Half-breed - Hunter/Wanderer

He continues to watch inquisitively as more creatures introduced themselves. He diverts his focus and puts himself into an alternate zone of thought. It's a place that only he alone is aware of. These creatures' backgrounds, origins, exploits...Such details were, at the moment, shrouded in mystery. Kind of like him...He also was curious about the temperaments of each one. Were they Friendly? Dangerous? Shy? Social? Barrels of fun? Sticks in the mud? Like any good explorer, to get these answers, he will have to interact. But that would have to wait when opportunity presents itself.

He's suddenly snapped back into reality by some racket, more recipients of the mysterious letter spoke out. He had a feeling that this new mission will be quite the adventure. "But who am I going to mingle with first...?" He says to himself.

Eliza Eclair
    Wolpertinger - Monster/Saboteur

Her ears wiggle as another voice hits her ears, turning to the stranger talking to her. The gist of what he says is that this World Mirror thingamawhatsit is broken somehow, and that's not a good thing. So it needs fixing so other worlds don't break.

"Oh. Ok then." She blurts out so nonchalantly. She didn't really understand the urgency or magnitude of the whole ordeal. At least the creature had some really nice antlers. She wondered if he was related in one way or another...On the other hand, she had something else in mind: She was hungry. She trudges away from the Satyr and the Witch, towards that refreshment table from earlier.

She approaches the multitude of foods and notices something already there. This thing looked like the human she saw earlier, except this one was dressed in all black. Everything about her-- eyes, "clothes", attitude...was kind of dark, darker then even the darkest, bitterest chocolate. She smelled very, very odd...But she quickly grew bored of gawking, there were treats to be had! Eliza wasn't going to let anything get in her way of food, stomping past the dark thing and looking at the refreshment table. She spots some of the more unhealthy-looking treats and grabs a bunch of them by the pawful, starting to chow down.
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

Life likes to be stubborn, i'll still try to bear with it.
    My ASB Profile