Thread: First Time For Everything

Default First Time For Everything

First Time for Everything
    A Private Role-Play between Monster Guy and Sketchie

Violet Lantern; Max Hudson
    Titans Tower: Max's room > Hallway

Max stepped out his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, and walked over to his closet to figure out what to wear. "Oh I don't want to overdress, but I do want to look like I give a damn..." Normally, Max didn't put that much effort into whatever he was going to wear that day, other than it would usually be something purple. This time was different. This was his first real date with a guy since Robbie died. He wanted this to be perfect. He was both nervous, and excited at the same time. He hadn't felt like this since he started going out with Robbie.

One of the reasons Max joined the Titans in the first place was to meet cute guys that were also in the superhero business, and got just what he wanted. The moment he laid eyes on Lucas, he knew they had something special. He had even given up his most precious item for him. If that wasn't love at first sight, then he didn't know what was. Now it had been a week after Control Freak decided to put them through some ridiculous challenge, and everything came out all right. He was grateful to Control Freak though for indirectly bringing him and Lucas together.

He was actually fortunate enough to meet two. Unfortunately, one of those guys turned out to be an ass. You would think someone raised by amazons would be more understanding...

Max shook his head, and pushed the thoughts of that other teammate aside. There were more important things to think about. After a bit of time mulling it over, he just said "Screw it!" and picked out his usual outfit. "It's not like we're gonna do anything ridiculously fancy anyway."

After he was dressed, Max grabbed his purple satchel, and checked if everything he needed was there. Once he was ready to go, he turned off the lights, and left the room. From there he walked over to Lucas' room, and took several breaths to calm himself. "It'll be fine. Everything will go well. I've already dealt with a lot worse things..." Once he finally built up the nerve, he knocked on Lucas door. "Hey Luc! You ready yet?"

---~---
    Lucas Moncrief ; Nightmare
    Titan's Tower: Bedroom > Hallway
    ---~---

Holy hell, how has anything that has happened actually happened.

Lucas laid on his bed, sprawled out comfortably with his 3DS in hand. He'd been ready for some time, but the anxiety was getting to him and Pokemon was always a good way to calm down. Black jeans and a tight sky blue t-shirt, v-necked and tailored to show off. Which was standard for Lucas, showing off was in his nature. Besides, if he knew anything about Max so far, showing off muscles didn't hinder his chances, so why not? He wondered if Max liked Pokemon too. He'd love to show off his pride and joy Banette. He'd have to ask later.

He dropped his 3DS on his chest, groaning and putting his hands over his eyes. This would go fine, right? He hadn't been on a date with anyone in a while, after his last tumultuous breakup he decided he was done for a while.

A while wasn't nearly as long as he had expected.

It had only been a week ago that Maxwell Lovedork Hunkson waltzed into his life, taking his heart by storm. He attempted to grasp the memories of the last week, still unsure if any of it had actually happened. It seemed more like a dream than anything else. Lucas didn't believe in love at first sight, it couldn't exist, though all his love life he realized how much of a choice love was, and yet... here he was, going on a date with a boy that he met a week ago.

Lucas took a deep breath, sitting up. Emotions were going everywhere. Infatuation, anxiety, and excitement were the main ones he could identify. Anxiety, anxiety, anxiety. Excitement, excitement, excitement. Deep breaths. This is just a first date, you'll be fine. Keep things under control. You can do this.

you can't do this you know that you can't you're unstable and unworthy and he hates you al--

His thoughts were cut off by a knock at the door. "Hey Luc! You ready yet?" Max called out from behind.

"Uh, yeah," he called back. Lucas took one last deep breath, before rising from the bed and over to the door. He stopped halfway there, tapping his pockets to make sure he had his wallet, phone, and keys. Yep, all there. He could continue. "Hey," he said with a smile as he opened the door to Max's shining face. He was handsome. There was a soft spot in his heart for light-haired boys, and Max definitely fit everything he'd ever want. He stepped out of the room and gave Max a quick peck on the cheek. "You look good," Lucas said, smiling. He nudged Max's shoulder towards the garage, moseying in that direction. "Does ice skating sound good? It's Thursday afternoon, and let me tell you -- no one goes skating Thursday afternoon. I've been to ice rinks in several different places, and this rule has managed to hold true every time. Besides," he said, taking Max's hand, "It's usually a good first date thing, I think. Nice and simple, y'know?"
    Last edited by Sketchie; 23rd July 2016 at 2:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schade
    Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . coronet designs

Titans Tower: Hallway > Garage

"Uh, yeah," he called back. He stepped out of the room shortly afterwards, and gave Max a quick kiss on the cheek. "You look good," Lucas said, smiling. He was wearing a tight, sky blue T-shirt which showed off his muscles, that Max very much appreciated.

"Thanks! You too." Max replied.

Lucas nudged Max's shoulder towards the garage, and started walking in that direction. "Does ice skating sound good? It's Thursday afternoon, and let me tell you -- no one goes skating Thursday afternoon. I've been to ice rinks in several different places, and this rule has managed to hold true every time. Besides," he said, taking Max's hand, "It's usually a good first date thing, I think. Nice and simple, y'know?"

"Gee, my dad would never have approved of me going ice skating..." Max said sarcastically, and with an eye roll. "Yeah, let's do it!" He threw his free hand up enthusiastically. "Believe it or not, I've never actually been ice skating before. This is something completely new for me. I'm sure you can show me what to do, right?"

The two boys walked to the garage holding hands. When they got to the garage door, Max went ahead, and held the door open. "After you buddy! You're the one with the car after all."

---~---
    Hallway > Garage > The Streets
    ---~---

"Gee, my dad would never have approved of me going ice skating..." Max said sarcastically. "Yeah, let's do it!" He threw his free hand up enthusiastically. "Believe it or not, I've never actually been ice skating before. This is something completely new for me. I'm sure you can show me what to do, right?"

"Of course!" Lucas grinned, "I'd be happy to. It's really not that hard, and hey, it gives a perfect excuse to hold your hand."

The two boys walked to the garage holding hands. When they got to the garage door, Max went ahead, and held the door open. "After you buddy! You're the one with the car after all."

Lucas nodded his thanks, before leading Max to his car. It was Lucas's pride and joy -- shiny black paint, spikes running up the hood, the engine clean but loud. He loved the aesthetic of a Volkswagen Beetle, it was soft and striking and unique. He kissed his fingertips and patted the roof of the car, muttering praises to it. "This is Emmerich," Lucas beamed, sliding to the other side of the car. He opened his door, reached in and unlocked the passenger side door, then walked back to where Max was standing. He opened that door and helped Max settle in. "He's a 1965, so please, be kind to him." The metal on the interior was the same black as the rest of the car, but the steering wheel and door panels were a soft cream color. The vinyl seats were also black, adorned with a criss-cross texture.

He walked back to the driver's side and stepped in, closing the door gently. "Yeah, yeah, I know, my car's 2006 emo trash," he said, rolling his eyes, "I mean, my car radio was stolen, giving me a twenty-one pilots edge to it, but y'know what? I mess with shadow and I call myself Nightmare. I'm allowed to be unironically edgy." He pressed the garage opener, buckling his seatbelt and checking his mirrors while he waited for the door to open. Lucas took a deep breath, starting up the car. The engine roared to life, strong and hearty and very loud. Lucas relaxed, smiling as he backed out and drove off.

"So," he said, once they were on the road, "It's a slight bit of a drive to the ice rink, Chromium City doesn't have it's own, but the city just north of here does, so it may take a moment or two." Lucas kept his eyes focused on the road, but he felt perfectly relaxed. Driving was relaxing, and pretty boys were also relaxing. It's a win-win! He shifted gears, taking the split moment afterwards to run his hand through his hair. "So tell me about yourself. I know you like to draw, what kinds of things do you draw?"
    Last edited by Sketchie; 23rd July 2016 at 2:46 AM.

Have you ever played Hide and seek? I love that game, because you never know who's gonna be the duck, and who's gonna be the goose.

Garage > The Streets

Lucas led Max to his car. It was a black volkswagen beetle with spikes running down the hood. Lucas seemed very fond of his car by the way he was muttering praises to it. "This is Emmerich," Lucas beamed, sliding to the other side of the car. He opened his door, reached in and unlocked the passenger side door, then walked back to where Max was standing. He opened that door and helped Max get in. "He's a 1965, so please, be kind to him." The metal on the interior was the same black as the rest of the car, but the steering wheel and door panels were a soft cream color. The vinyl seats were also black, adorned with a criss-cross texture.

"You name your guitar, and car too? That's kind of cute actually." Max giggled. He immediately put on his seatbelt. That was the first thing he did whenever he got into a car.

Lucas walked back to the driver's side, stepped in, and closed the door. "Yeah, yeah, I know, my car's 2006 emo trash," he said, rolling his eyes, "I mean, my car radio was stolen, giving me a twenty-one pilots edge to it, but y'know what? I mess with shadow and I call myself Nightmare. I'm allowed to be unironically edgy."

Once they were out of the garage and on to the road, Lucas continued. "So, It's a slight bit of a drive to the ice rink, Chromium City doesn't have it's own, but the city just north of here does, so it may take a moment or two."

"Really? Guess that would explain why I've never been to one." Max replied

"So tell me about yourself. I know you like to draw, what kinds of things do you draw?"

"Oh, lots of stuff. Although, I tend to draw a lot of my favorite characters being lovey-dovey with each other. Yes, I am shipping trash. I'm a superhero that runs on the power of love. Get used to it."

Max took a breath, then kept talking. "Don't think I'm weird or anything, but these days, I actually have a lot of sketches of us kissing." Max grinned proudly. Most people wouldn't admit something like that to someone on their first date, but Max wasn't most people. "I'll show you the finished product once I get something I'm happy with. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to draw two people kissing... As a matter of fact, I actually brought my sketchbook with me." Max said as he patted his purple satchel. "I always have it and a pencil with me. I'd show you some things, but you're driving..."

Then, Max's tone got serious. "Speaking of driving, I hate to sound like an overprotective parent, but be careful driving... I lost my mom and boyfriend in car accidents, so I'm kind of fussy about safe driving..."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 23rd May 2016 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Can I have one time where I don't notice a mistake and have to edit?!

---~---
    Streets
    ---~---

"Oh, lots of stuff," Max responded, "Although, I tend to draw a lot of my favorite characters being lovey-dovey with each other. Yes, I am shipping trash. I'm a superhero that runs on the power of love. Get used to it."

Lucas shrugged. "Hey, if I'm allowed to be unironically edgy, you're allowed to be unironic shipping trash."

Max took a breath, and kept talking. "Don't think I'm weird or anything, but these days, I actually have a lot of sketches of us kissing." Lucas grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. Not many people would openly admit that on a first date, he really had to step up his game. ""I'll show you the finished product once I get something I'm happy with. You'd be surprised how difficult it is to draw two people kissing... As a matter of fact, I actually brought my sketchbook with me." Max said as he patted his purple satchel. "I always have it and a pencil with me. I'd show you some things, but you're driving..."

Then, Max's tone got serious. "Speaking of driving, I hate to sound like an overprotective parent, but be careful driving... I lost my mom and boyfriend in car accidents, so I'm kind of fussy about safe driving..."

Lucas kept his eyes on the road, but his facial expression showed he was listening. "I understand," he said, "You're not the only one who's fussy about safe driving, my best friend was in the crash that orphaned him." He took a deep breath, taking a left before continuing. "I don't drive when I'm feeling particularly reckless, and I'm known to be particularly observant. Besides, even if I was feeling self-destructive, I don't want to wreck Emmerich. Or you."

He smiled, trying to lighten the mood again. "Kissing before you're actually boyfriends, huh? That's a little ambitious of you, don't'cha think?" Lucas laughed, light glittering in his emerald eyes. "I'm not much of a visual art person, I mean, I paint sometimes but it's mostly German landscapes... What I can remember, anyway. I haven't been in a few years." He shrugged, tapping his thumb on the steering wheel. "I'm a music kid, I've been writing stuff since I was like, eight or nine. Before my instruments got destroyed, I--"

Lucas slammed on the breaks, reaching over and putting his hand over Max's chest. In front of them, a red car had taken a sharp turn, cutting them off as it sped away. Damn two lane roads not allowing for turn lanes. "Verwenden deiner Blinker, Arschloch," Lucas cursed under his breath. Idiot drivers with their apparent disrespect for rules. He took a deep breath, looking over at Max. "Are you okay?"

(OOC: you can get the car moving again, that amount of bunnying is chill n probs necessary
    Last edited by Sketchie; 23rd July 2016 at 2:49 AM.

Streets

Lucas kept his eyes on the road, but his facial expression showed he was listening. "I understand," he said, "You're not the only one who's fussy about safe driving, my best friend was in the crash that orphaned him." He took a deep breath, taking a left before continuing. "I don't drive when I'm feeling particularly reckless, and I'm known to be particularly observant. Besides, even if I was feeling self-destructive, I don't want to wreck Emmerich. Or you."

Max nodded. "Well, that's good to know."

"Kissing before you're actually boyfriends, huh? That's a little ambitious of you, don't'cha think?" Lucas said with a smile and a laugh,

"Hey, it's not like we haven't done it already!" Max answered with a wink.

"I'm not much of a visual art person, I mean, I paint sometimes but it's mostly German landscapes... What I can remember, anyway. I haven't been in a few years." He shrugged. "I'm a music kid, I've been writing stuff since I was like, eight or nine. Before my instruments got destroyed, I--"

Before he could finish that sentence, Lucas slammed on the break, and put his hand over Max's chest. Max's eyes widened, and he let out a frightened "Eep!" He had just mentioned car accidents, and then this happens. In front of them, a red car had taken a sharp turn, cutting them off as it sped away. Did that driver not know what a turn signal was? They were lucky they hadn't gotten into an accident. Lucas muttered something in what sounded like German under his breath, then looked over at Max. "Are you okay?"

Max took several deep breaths, trying to calm himself. No one had gotten hurt, or died fortunately. "I... I... think so... But..." He looked out the window. It was a two lane street that didn't allow turn lanes. Something about this place seemed familiar, and not just because he lived in this city. He saw the street sign, furrowed his brows, and let out a sigh. "Figures... This is the same road my mom got into a car crash on... Can we hurry up and get out of here please?"

---~---
    Streets of Chromium City > Streets of Vauquelin City
    ---~---

Lucas kept his hand on Max's chest, paying attention to the rise and fall of his breathing. "I... I... think so... But..." Max said, looking out the window. He furrowed his brow, sighing. "Figures... This is the same road my mom got into a car crash on... Can we hurry up and get out of here please?"

Ah, trauma. What a lovely flaw of human existence. Lucas put the car into gear, signaled, and turned onto the road beside them. "There are several ways to get to Vauquelin. This'll take a bit longer, but..." He smiled warmly, taking one hand off the wheel and putting it on Max's hand. He opened his mouth to say something, but his train of thought began to fall apart. He couldn't tell Max anything now, definitely not now. He squeezed Max's hand and shifted gears.

This took them straight through Chromium City, right into the heart of where businesses of every type called home. News corporations, law firms, science and technology companies, if there was money involved, there were here. Lucas was even considering moving the main hub of operations here once it was time to take over his own companies. It seemed somewhat quiet, the high-rise buildings stood as their own ecosystems -- serene on the outside, but full of life on closer inspection. Lucas stayed silent as they went past glittering high-rises, unsure of what to say. A right turn there, a left turn there, go straight for the next mile. The buildings got shorter, brighter, more colorful. There was no clear boundary between Chromium and Vauquelin, but Vauquelin was known for its wide variety of entertainment and shopping centers.

"So, you've never been ice skating before, huh?" he said, taking a left. "Well, I'll tell you this. Don't look down. You'll want to, and it's a natural reaction when you're losing balance, but don't do it." Lucas chuckled a little bit, taking a quick side-glance at Max. "You'll do it anyway the first little while though. So don't worry too much."
    Last edited by Sketchie; 23rd July 2016 at 2:51 AM.

Streets

Lucas put the car into gear, signaled, and turned onto the road beside them. "There are several ways to get to Vauquelin. This'll take a bit longer, but..." For some reason, he didn't finish the thought. He squeezed Max's hand, changed gears, and took off.

They went straight through Chromium City, right into a completely new place Max had never been to himself, but he was sure his mom had gone to work here. The place reeked of big business. There were skyscrapers and buildings everywhere. The car ride was quiet as they drove, and the scenery started to change. The buildings got shorter, brighter, more colorful. Max's eyes lit up with inspiration. He would have sketched some landscapes, but trying to draw in a moving vehicle was near impossible. Instead, he whipped out his phone, and started takiing pictures for later.

"So, you've never been ice skating before, huh?" Lucas began, taking a left. "Well, I'll tell you this. Don't look down. You'll want to, and it's a natural reaction when you're losing balance, but don't do it." He chuckled. "You'll do it anyway the first little while though. So don't worry too much."

"Oh, I'm not too worried." Max replied while snapping a photo of a scene outside the window. "I did learn to fly after all. I'm sure I can figure out this ice skating thing." Max chuckled, and put his phone away. "Besides, I'm sure you're a good teacher. Wow, this place is so pretty! I can't believe I haven't been here before! I have so many ideas for new paintings! We should come here more often. So, are we nearly there yet?"

---~---
    Vauquelin City Streets > Vauquelin Ice Rink
    ---~---

"Oh, I'm not too worried. I did learn to fly after all. I'm sure I can figure out this ice skating thing," Max chuckled. Lucas smiled, his heart melting a little. Damn, that boy had a cute laugh. And actually just a cute everything. "Besides, I'm sure you're a good teacher. Wow, this place is so pretty! I can't believe I haven't been here before! I have so many ideas for new paintings! We should come here more often. So, are we nearly there yet?"

Lucas nodded absentmindedly, a silly grin on his face. They managed to hit nearly every red light all through Vauquelin, but Lucas didn't mind at all. Sunlight streaming through the windshield hit Max just perfectly, reflecting off his strawberry blonde hair just so, his sea blue eyes glittering, captivating. Red lights allowed Lucas to glance over at the other boy in his car, though he didn't have much time to take him in each time. Lucas prayed he wasn't blushing. He blushed easily, and unfortunately, having the complexion of paper does nothing to hide it.

Vauquelin Ice Arena was on the east side of town, in a hilled area overlooking both Vauquelin and Chromium. Lucas parked the car, putting it into second gear before putting the emergency break on and turning off the car. He tapped the ignition switch as he took his keys out, shoving them in his pocket. He got out of the car, and walked around to the other side, opening Max's door. He helped Max out of the Volkswagen with a smile, before reaching behind the seat and grabbing an athletic bag, throwing it over his shoulder.

Lucas held Max's hand loosely as they walked into the ice rink. It was pleasantly cold, and, as Lucas predicted, only a few others there. He felt confident, he hoped he came off that way. "Hallo, ah, two adults and one skate rental, please," he said as he got to the counter. Using his free hand, he slipped his card out of his pocket, and handed it to the cashier. He retrieved it with a polite smile, handing the rental ticket to Max. "I'll be just over here, ja?" he said, giving Max's hand a squeeze before letting go, "Make sure they give you ones with picks, they're the spiky things at the front of the blade. They're easier to get started on."

Lucas sauntered over to the nearby benches, sitting down and setting his bag beside him. He slipped off his shoes, tucking them into the bag before pulling out his own skates. They were a sheer black, the kind designed for figure skating. He took care in taking off the blade guards, running his thumb over the steel blades. He slipped them on slowly, almost reverently, lacing them up loose over his arches, tight over his ankles. Lucas took a deep breath. Yeah, yeah this would go fine. He's in his element. What could go wrong?
    Last edited by Sketchie; 23rd July 2016 at 2:52 AM.

Streets > Vauquelin Ice Rink

One of the perks that came with being a Star Sapphire is being able to sense the love in others. He was definitely sensing the love coming from the driver of this car. The way he turned his head to catch a glance every time they stopped at a red light, the way he was blushing, and the goofy grin on his face, he could tell love was in the air. It was kind of hot actually. Especially considering the love was directed at him. Max just loved a guy who knew how to show affection. He had a toothy smile on his face the entire time.

In spite of all the red lights they ran into, they eventually made it to the Ice Arena. Lucas parked, and got out of the car, walked around to the other side, opening Max's door. He helped Max out of the vehicle with a smile, before reaching behind the seat and grabbing an athletic bag. He held Max's hand as they walked into the ice rink. It was cold, as you would expect, but Max had a hoodie on so it was fine. There also weren't a lot of people there.

"Hallo, ah, two adults and one skate rental, please," Once everything was paid for, he handed the rental ticket to Max. "I'll be just over here, ja?" he said, giving Max's hand a squeeze, which made Max giggle. "Make sure they give you ones with picks, they're the spiky things at the front of the blade. They're easier to get started on." He then went off to the bench to put his own skates on.

Max walked right up to the front of the rental counter, since their was absolutely no one in line. "Hi! Uh... can I rent a pair of Ice Skates please. I'm a size ten. My date told me to get one with picks. You... wouldn't happen to have any in purple, would you?"

The guy at the counter went up to the shelf, and got the exact type of ice skates Max was looking for.

"Awesome!" Max replied enthusiastically. "Thank you so much!" With the pair of ice skates in hand, he walked to the bench Luc was sitting on, and sat down next to him. He took off his shoes, and put his own skates on. Once they were on Max took a deep breath. "K, I'm ready!" He held out his hand for Luc to take. "So, are these things hard to walk in?"

Apart from that one incident on the street, this date was going smoothly. Everything would be great. What could possibly go wrong?

---~---
    Vauquelin Ice Rink
    ---~---

Lucas stood up, stretching his calves while Max put his skates on. "K, I'm ready!" Max chirped, grabbing Lucas's attention. Max held his hand out for Lucas, who stepped over and took boh of Max' hands. "So, are these things hard to walk in?" Max asked.

"Well, I've never had a problem with them," Lucas said, "They're pretty easy to walk in once you get used to how they feel. Hyup!" And with that, he pulled Max to his feet, catching him by his shoulders. "We're superheroes, so we've gotta have some sort'a sense of balance already, ja? So just find your center of balance, and shift it." Lucas gave Max a quick kiss on the lips, pulling away with an excited glint in his eyes. He took Max's hand once more, and guided him to the rink.

The air was cold, but not so much as frigid. Lucas helped Max onto the ice, guiding him with one hand on his shoulder and the other on his hip. He put Max's hand onto the railing before stepping onto the rink himself. "I've gotta go warm up," he said, making sure Max was at least mostly stable, "I won't take long, though, I'll be right back." With that, Lucas kicked off.

He flew across the ice, a chilled wind flowing through dark tousled hair. His form was precise, everything in its place, but he made it look delicate, effortless. Flawless. Lucas leaped into the air, throwing his arms over his head as he made two quick turns, landing with finesse. Damn, he loved doing that. And he was good at it too. He loved the feeling of flying, and ice skating was the closest you could get without having the obligation of saving the city every now and again.

Lucas skated back to Max, taking his hand. "Helps me get balanced," he explained, "Like, to tell my body it's time to be a figure skater kind'ova thing, y'know? Now, where the hell do I begin on basic skating..."

Vauquelin Ice Rink

"Well, I've never had a problem with them," Lucas said, taking both of Max's hands. "They're pretty easy to walk in once you get used to how they feel. Hyup!" And with that, he pulled Max to his feet. "We're superheroes, so we've gotta have some sort'a sense of balance already, ja? So just find your center of balance, and shift it." Lucas gave Max a quick kiss on the lips, which made Max smirk. He took Max's hand again, and guided him to the rink.

The air was cold, but was still tolerable. Lucas helped Max onto the ice, he put Max's hand onto the railing before stepping onto the rink himself. "I've gotta go warm up. I won't take long, though, I'll be right back."

Max stared as Lucas skated across the ice perfectly. Of course, Max found himself drooling over everything Luc did, but still. Watching him move like that was kind of hot.

Lucas skated back to Max, taking his hand. "Helps me get balanced," he explained, "Like, to tell my body it's time to be a figure skater kind'ova thing, y'know? Now, where the hell do I begin on basic skating..."

"Heh, that was impressive. You make it look easy!" Max said with a grin. "Where did you get moves like that?" He let go of Luc's hand for a second, and immediately found himself starting to wobble. He quickly grabbed on to Luc's hand once again before he fell on his face. "Um... maybe we could start with something simple? Like... how to stay upright without wobbling?"
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 6th August 2016 at 7:47 PM.