Thread: When You're Gone (MonfernoXAmbipom Oneshot)

Post When You're Gone (MonfernoXAmbipom Oneshot)

(A/N: This takes place in between DP132 & DP133, after the battle with Paul. It's constantly switching from Monferno & Ambipom's POV's. Anyway, here we go!)

When You're Gone

The moon was full, the stars were scattered throughout the night sky. It was truly beautiful and it seemed like a perfect end-of-the-day. But it wasn't. Well, at least not for Ash Ketchum and his Pokemon....

They had fought hard with Paul and his Pokemon, but they were all brutally defeated. Ash had felt terrible about losing to Paul and was in a state of doubt, as a trainer. His Pokemon felt a bit worse, but not so much. But there was one who was probably the worst...

It was Monferno. During the battle, he evolved from a Chimchar after so long and learned a new move--Mach Punch--and yet, he still lost to Paul's Electabuzz. It seemed to Monferno that life was like hell and hard to get through....without her...

He was always thinking of Ambipom, ever since they first met when she was still an Aipom and with Ash and when Monferno was still a Chimchar and with Paul. When Ash offered Chimchar to join his team, he knew he would be able to be with Aipom, part of why he accepted. Even when she switched to Dawn, Chimchar still loved her and felt so happy.

But when she evolved into an Ambipom, he knew he was nowhere close to being able to win her heart. And so, he trained harder and harder, hopefull that he would finally win her love and evolve into a Monferno. And today, he finally did. But it was too late....

A few days ago, in Sandalstraw Town, Ambipom participated in a Ping-Pong Tournament and she became fascinated with it and eventually, she went to the Ping-Pong Center located in Vermillion City to train. Chimchar was saddened to see his love go away without him knowing. He never even got a chance to say good-bye.

Throughout the battle, he kept thinking about her...how much he missed her. He tried his best not to think of her, but it was no use. His mind was constantly fixed on his love and if he could've, he would go back to when she left and told her that he loved her, even if she didn't feel the same.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It was a long day in Vermillion City, especially for an Ambipom there. She was pushing her training to the limit. She enjoyed pingpong and training, but she took it to an extreme degree and was extremely exhausted.

("C'mon, O!!") she shouted. ("Throw some more at me!!")

"Uh...no, Ambipom." said O. "You're tired. How about we call it a day and get some sleep?"

Ambipom didn't really want to stop training, especially when she was thinking of Chimchar. When they first met in a battle, while he was under Paul's possession, she secretly fell for him and she was happy when he joined the group. Even when she evolved into Ambipom, she still loved him and she felt it was a bad decision by leaving him and pursue a career in pingpong. She misses him and wished she could see him again.

Ambipom finally sighed, in defeat. ("Fine.") she said, heading to her bedroom. O scratched his head, in confusion.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

While Ash, Dawn, Brock, and their Pokemon were sleeping peacefully, Monferno was having a little trouble. He couldn't sleep at all, not since Ambipom left the group. She was always on his mind, even during battles. It was hard trying to sleep when she was on his mind. Quietly, he got up and walked into a nearby forest, sadly. However, Gliscor had woken up, somehow and saw him.

She could tell something was definately wrong with him. As a Chimchar or Monferno, ever since Ambipom left teh group, he had not been himself and Gliscor could somehow see that. She quickly got up and quietly followed him, making sure she wasn't noticed.

Monferno soon came to a cliff with the moon clearly visible. He was thinking of how he could've stared at it with Ambipom. But now, she was gone and he was unable to. He shed a few tears, as he thought more of her. Then, he remembered a sad song that Ambipom sang once. He thought she had a beautiful voice. Monferno began to sing it, as Gliscor watched, in secret.

I always needed time on my own
    I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
    And the days feel like years when I'm alone
    And the bed where you lie
    Is made up on your side

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
    Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
    The pieces of my heart are missing you
    When you're gone
    The face I came to know is missing too
    When you're gone
    the words I need to hear
    to always get me through the day
    And make it ok
    I miss you

Ambipom was unable to sleep. She was very tired, yes, but she couldn't stop thinking about Chimchar. He was still on her mind. Quietly, she got out of bed and walked into the park. She was the only one there. It was 10:00 PM and no one--not even a Pokemon--in their right mind would want to spend time around the city.

Her thinking then seized, when she heard something. The sound was very faint and sounded like it was from very far away. It sounded like singing....by a Monferno. And a familiar one at that. It took her a moment to realise what the Monferno was: the Chimchar she loved, singing one of her favorite songs.

("Chimchar....you finally evolved...") she thought, as she started to sing, as well.

I've never felt this way before
    Everything that I do
    Reminds me of you
    And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
    And they smell just like you
    I love the things that you do

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
    Do you see how much I need you right now?

When you're gone
    When you're gone
    When you're gone
    All the words I need to hear
    to always get me through the day
    And make it ok
    I miss you

(A/N: Okay, this next part, they're swapping constantly)

(Monferno):
    We were made for each other
    I'll keep forever

(Ambipom):
    I know we were
    Yeah...

(Monferno):
    All I ever wanted was for you to know

(Ambipom):
    Everything I do I give my heart and soul

(Both):
    I can hardly breathe
    I need to feel you here with me
    Yeah...

When you're gone
    When you're gone
    When you're gone
    All the words I need to hear
    will always get me through the day
    And make it ok
    I miss you

As Ambipom finished singing, she thought of him even more and shedded a small tear and could even picture him as a Monferno. She fell asleep on a bench, but not before whispering: ("I love you, Monferno....")

As Monferno finished singing, he shedded a few tears and couldn't shake teh feeling that maybe--just maybe--Ambipom was singing with him.

("That was amazing, Monferno!") he heard a voice say. Monferno turned around to see Gliscor flying towards him and landing next to him.

("What is it you want, Gliscor?") he asked Gliscor. He wasn't really in a good mood, apparently.

("I wanna know what's wrong with you.") said Gliscor. ("You haven't been feeling yourself, lately. Care to tell me....?")

Monferno was reluctant to tell Gliscor his problems. He wasn't sure Gliscor would understand him and his suffering. But he knew that if one Pokemon could understand him, it was Gliscor.

("Well....I'm just....thinking about her, taht's all.") he explained.

("I knew that's what this was about...") sighed Gliscor. ("You really like her, don't you?")

("Yeah.") said Monferno. ("No, I loved her. And I really wanted to evolve so I could try to win her over. And I'm glad I have, but....it's already too late! She's gone and I'll never see her again!") Monferno started to cry, imensely. Gliscor went to comfort him.

("No, that's not true.") said Gliscor. ("As soon as we hit Kanto, I'll convince Ash to go to Vermillion City so you can see her.")

("Y-You'd do that?") Monferno said, wiping off, some of the tears from his face.

("Absolutely!") she said.

("Gliscor......thank you.") said Monferno. Gliscor just smiled.

("Let's get back to the others!") said Gliscor.

("Okay!") nodded Monferno, but as they travelled, Monferno could've sword he heard a Pokemon whispering a faint "I Love you, Monferno." He can only wonder if it was Ambipom herself....

THE END

(A/N: Well, whaddya think? Like it? Please tell me what you think! See ya guys next time!)
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 24th December 2011 at 3:04 AM.