Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Beginning For Everything--Team Galactic Fan Club

Default A New Beginning For Everything--Team Galactic Fan Club

Welcome to the NEW Team Galactic fan club! Wherein, as the name suggests, we discuss everyone's favorite bowlcutted psychotic spacemen.

Topics are wide open. The only real rule is that conversations must be related to Team Galactic in some capacity. Within that, there's room for lulz, serious discussion, fanfics, fanart, cosplay, shipping, and so on--perhaps even in the same posts? Perhaps.

But of course, our new universe must be made orderly, so there must be rules.

-No ship wars. I don't care if you ship the whole team with each other at once or figure every one of them wouldn't touch the others with a ten-foot length of Red Chain or anything in between. Be civil or be cast out.
    -No asking if you can join. If you post here, you're a member unless you get the boot.
    -You must have your hair dyed turquoise and cut into--oh wait, wrong set of rules.
    Follow the rules and we will create a world without strife.

Anyway, to begin, some discussion questions:
    -Who's your favorite Galactic and why?
    -What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?
    Last edited by Tiffany; 7th October 2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: some things weren't really needed to be brought up. ;x
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Yo~, Blackjack! Thanks for re-making the TG Club!

Who's your favorite Galactic and why?
    Right now, I'll have to say Saturn. He's a pretty cool bishounen dude, and from most of his character's adaptations, appears to be a pretty loyal guy to his boss. In a sense, he's probably what Jeremiah was to Code Geass, extreme loyalty.

What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?
    DPA! is my fave adaptation of the DP games in general, so only naturally, the TG portrayal in that series would be my fave.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Ooh yes. DPA has some awesome Galactic stuff. Although I thought it was strange that Cyrus never brought up emotionlessness, given that it's one of his primary traits in the games. It also takes him five volumes to mention his motives.

And of course, the screwed up timeline with Mitsumi.

But gotta love Moobtacular Saturn in it. Figures Hareta would get it right. Assuming Saturn sounds there like how he sounds in the Japanese version of the show, it's no wonder Roark would be a moron about it (...why am I assuming Japanese voices in the English translation? I'm not entirely sure. I think the idea I have of the translator watching the Japanese episodes and getting confused has something to do with it).
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Thanks for re-making the club, Blackjack! I would've been here sooner, but I was wasting my life away on TVTropes.

[B-]Who's your favorite Galactic and why?[/B]
    Saturn, definitly. In his Japanese form, he's bishi-licious, and I love his crescent-styled hair and slanty cat eyes. Heehee...

What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?
    Hm, not sure on this one. Animeverse, maybe, but I really don't know. I've never played the games, never bought a manga book, and have only seen the anime. So, I guess I'll have to go with that.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Ooh yes. DPA has some awesome Galactic stuff. Although I thought it was strange that Cyrus never brought up emotionlessness, given that it's one of his primary traits in the games. It also takes him five volumes to mention his motives.
    Sucks I'm still at vol. 4, then. Vol. 5's due out in America sometime this month, I've heard, though.

And of course, the screwed up timeline with Mitsumi.
    I actually like Mitsumi as a character. Imo, she's probably the best adaptation of Dawn out there (I mean, who doesn't love a Broken Bird these days?)

But gotta love Moobtacular Saturn in it. Figures Hareta would get it right. Assuming Saturn sounds there like how he sounds in the Japanese version of the show, it's no wonder Roark would be a moron about it
    I was actually confused whether Saturn WAS a dude in DPA! for a while, since Roark and a few other gym leaders kept referring to him as a "she".
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Yeah, it comes out on Tuesday. I just have the benefit of spoilers. I just wonder how some of this will be translated--especially the massively PoundingHeartshippy scene. Cyrus almost BREAKS in it. It's awesome.

I do like Mitsumi. But that whole bit about her being taken in as a child screws up the timeline because Cyrus would have been in his mid-teens when that happened. The most logical way to fix this would be that there was another leader before him (hey, it happened with animeverse Rocket, right?).

I think Roark is the only one who calls Saturn "she". Hareta says "he" though, but then Hareta can probably smell pheremones or something.

Yayness for the new club! Okay, I have a topic I was thinking of today...

Okay, picture a live-action movie... Which actors would play our favorite Galactic members? For Cyrus, I've always pictured either Keanu Reeves or Jeffrey Donovan. Anyone else?

I have to say, ever since it was on fandomsecrets, I can't shake the feeling that Robert Pattenson looks like Cyrus. Which he really doesn't, but in Twilight he kinda does, and that's really creepy given the whole "sex symbol" thing. Also the fact that Christopher Walken looks like a way older Cyrus, too.

And this is impossible because this is a cartoon character, but I've always thought Charon bore a strong resemblance to The Brain. I firmly believe that this is why The Brain's Japanese dub actor voices Charon.

Normally I would ask to join, but since if I post I automaticly join, I guess I'm in! I'll get done with some topics:

I have to say...Saturn. Reason being is that he has a Toxicroak, one of my favorite Pokemon.

-What's your favorite portrayal of Team Galactic--DPverse, Ptverse, DPAverse, Specialverse, animeverse, or anything else?

DPA! Definatly. First of all, that's actually how I grew to like TG so much as my favorite bad guy team. Especially since DPA! makes the team very...hilarious. I don't like how they are portrayed in the anime. I don't really know why, I guess I didn't think of Mars being this cute, bubbly ballerina with a squeaky voice. I don't remember how I thought of her, because the anime completely changed my vision on her. I guess the others not so much. The games made TG look very cruel and black hearted. I remember going into the Velistone city TG building, and I was at the last part where you see Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit locked in these...things, with the techy music, and I thought that was cruel. The DPPt special I never read, so I can't say anything about it.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

I WANNA JOIN. MANDI WANNA JOIN! :>
    and aw, damn you beat me. I SO wanted to make this club, aha. AH WELLS. I'd fail @ owning a club, so woo.

MARS. MARS. She is just perfectly adorable little evil. And I tend to love any cute characters. I mean, I love all of the Galactics. But Mars is definitely my favorite out of them. I think her personality is the easiest to get out of the other's. She's more playful, childish. People tend to see her as immature and very young. I actually think she has to be at least 18 ..I mean, she's a commander in an evil organization. And hey, I'm 19 ..I act like an immature insane freak loads of times. I actually think she's really playful, but she is definitely independent and knows what's she's doing.
    And she's so cute. YES. You get why I love her.
    JUPITER AND SATURN I LOVE YOU TOO. AND AKAGI. AND PLUTO. AND GRUNTS.

hm, well I never read the manga.
    I'd say ..Platinum ..just because TG had such a bigger role in that game ..and Pluto was added in.
    Animeverse maybe ..but I have to see their finale first, and how it all plays out. :3

And speaking of the finale! Red Chain episode announced. Thoughts on that?

Yes. Well, um, no, not really, except that I am super excited for it! It seems that they've captured the Lake Trio, and I hope that Giratina eats Cyrus woops his ---! Or, have Dialga or Palkia do it. Either would work.

And welcome Kit Kat and Nidoprince!

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

My favorite Galactic member? Definantly Cyrus. IDK why, he just exudes awesomeness.

My favorite Galactic portrayal? Well, since I have a semi-Galactic fic, I'm pretty biased toward the Galactic members and how they are portrayed in my fic. With Mars being Maxie's insane twin sister and Cyrus being the craziest uncle ever...

This finale better be better than the TA/TM finale...IT BETTER BE!

So I read DPA5 and oh wow...

I love the spin it put on things. It made Cyrus's denial of emotions seem far more personal than anything else, because we *saw* his own emotions bring him pain rather than just assuming.

And there is something seriously wrong with him. Going to all that trouble just to make Hareta hate him, even when he's planning to undo the universe *anyway*? He can't bear to destroy it if there's something worth saving in it, that's what I think. So he had to convince himself that there wasn't even when he knew there was.

Awesome u revived the club why did the first one get closed???

Anywho Cyrus is my favorite galatic memebr ;D

And i think i liked galatic in the Platinum game.

^_^ anywho glad this club is back and running
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Good to see a remake. Hopefully I'll at least be a bit more active in this one. ^_^

Mars. Mainly because she has an interesting personality and strong loyalty to Cyrus and Team Galactic. And the hair.

At the moment, animeverse. Mainly because of the job the writers have done of portraying Cyrus and Team Galactic, the psychotic boss over a team far superior to Aqua and Magma. And the fact a simple preview already beats the entire TA/TM finale arc...

So I read DPA5 and oh wow...

I love the spin it put on things. It made Cyrus's denial of emotions seem far more personal than anything else, because we *saw* his own emotions bring him pain rather than just assuming.

And there is something seriously wrong with him. Going to all that trouble just to make Hareta hate him, even when he's planning to undo the universe *anyway*? He can't bear to destroy it if there's something worth saving in it, that's what I think. So he had to convince himself that there wasn't even when he knew there was.
    That's great! I can't wait 'til it comes out where I am. It's supposed to come out this month, but I haven't seen it yet. Cyrus in general looks like he has some life troubles. Especially in that Sugimori image of him. I couldn't find an image, but hopefully you know what I mean. I think he's probably the most insane team boss yet.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Meh, I may glance over the new volume of DPA, but I won't buy it. The artwork just puts me off for some reason. I am, however, getting the new volume of Pokemon Adventures that comes out this month.

You know, I wish they sold Pokemon manga every month like comic books and some other manga are. I have to wait next year just to buy DPA 6, and same with Pokemon Adventures probably. It's gonna take forever to get to the DPPt series!

I'm sorry but this was not supposed to be approved...Shadowfaith probably had no idea (big surprise!), but Kirby is handling the state of the new Club, and she says that there cannot be a new Club yet, and I am closing this on her orders.

Ok, I can finally leave now. Bye guys.

Discussed and Approved by the club mods, this thread is now re-opened.

Excellent. The path to a new universe is never an easy one.

...ok first we should probably establish if anyone but me actually *likes* hearing me blather on like a Cyrus parody.

Yay, the club's back in business! Oh yea, I just got DPA 5. Normally I would discuss the volume, but since this is a Galactic club, I'll discuss what I thought about Galactic in the volume.     Spoiler:- DPA 5 spoilers:

What I didn't like was what they did to Mt Coronet. Instead of a mountain, it looked like a slag heap with some ruins on top. Hey, maybe it was finally Earthquake!

(notice how it's never Earthquake? Someone always thinks it is, but...)

What I ADORED was that Cyrus seemed to learn from his mistake and realized that the world, bitter and warlike as it is, is better off even with all that than not existing at all. And holy crap Jupiter. Didn't know you cared so much. If I hadn't already shipped them...

Spoiler:- Failed to come out with a fair intro to my post, so here's the spoiler straight away. Anyway, CONTAINS DPA 5 SPOILER:

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast