Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net HeartGold & SoulSilver Discovery Thread

There is a little bit more pertaining to the Unown this time, mainly to cater for the extra 2 species of ! and ?.

Just like in the originals, Unowns start to fill the ruins after you have completed the first puzzle (Kabuto). At this point, you will receive a key item called the Unown Notes. Whenever you catch a certain number of the 26 variations (you'll have to do all 4 puzzles to unlock all 26), you can visit this researcher and he will add new pages to your notes.

Like in Crystal, those four extra chambers unlocked by the Escape Rope, Flash, Water Stone and Ho-oh are there as well, and everything basically functions the same (except the GSC berries were replaced by the new ones). Upon capturing all 26 Unowns and unlocking these four extra chambers, you will find something on the wall at the ruins' chamber entrance before you head down the stairs. The researcher deciphers it, and the ! and ? variations can now be encountered in this small chamber. Capturing these 2 extra variations gives you the last page of the notes, and completes the whole Unown quest.

The Unown Notes are as follows:

P.1
    Unown Note (player's name)

Unown types
    Currently (number) kinds

P.2
    Anger, Bear, Chase, Direct, Engage, Find, Give

Help, Increase, Join, Keep, Laugh, Make, Nuzzle

P.3
    Observe, Perform, Quicken, Reassure, Search, Tell, Undo

Vanish, Want, XXXXX, Yield, Zoom, !!!!!, ?????

P.4
    Mysterious stone plate puzzles have been found inside the ruins. Standing on that spot, the ground would suddenly cave in through a chamber underneath! It is almost as if these ancient ruins are trying to surprise us.

The landing place was a huge room where rock statues were erected, and then the Unowns all of a sudden appeared. In other words, the stone plate puzzles have become the keys to awaken the Unowns from their sleep. These ruins are getting tougher and tougher.

P.5
    We understand that using the Radio in the ruins will receive mysterious radio waves. This proves that the Unowns communicate with each other via radio waves.

We understand that the Unowns have the same appearance as the different letters. Currently 26 kinds of letters have been identified, which means there are 26 kinds of Unowns as well. Have we seen them all?

P.6
    We think that there is a lot of nonsense here, but the Unowns actually have an order. Things in the natural world may appear disorganized at a glance, but the truth is each of them follows a neat order.

The staff of the research center has properly rearranged the disorganized records of the Unowns in the note according to their order. This makes understanding things about the Unown much easier.

P.7
    Chambers which have Unown letters drawn on the ruins' grounds have been seen. What a big discovery! The people of the research center have gone in elation to investigate.

There are more than 26 kinds of Unown writings. Two more letters have been discovered, which implies that somewhere lies two more kinds of Unowns.

P.8
    We have copied the letters carved on the small chamber's stone plate into this note. "Companions bless our birth". We still don't know what this means.

It seems necessary for the people of the research center to investigate the ruins once again, no...?

P.9
    In the past, the Unowns and a tribe of humans lived in these ruins. To our understanding, it is said that the old Pokemon statues in the underground of the ruins were erected by this tribe.

The Unowns were very timid and would not go outside the ruins. Since the ruins' surroundings are populated by more and more people, it is said that this tribe of people who wishes the Unown and humans to be able to live in harmony decided to leave here.

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Right guys, while I'm hunting, I want to know what are the pages in the HGSS subsection you wish to see on the site

I'm already planning one on the Rockets, will be doing that as the first thing I do after I find everything...but what else?

Right guys, while I'm hunting, I want to know what are the pages in the HGSS subsection you wish to see on the site

I'm already planning one on the Rockets, will be doing that as the first thing I do after I find everything...but what else?

Right

So, from time to time the Gym Leaders move out of their gym and go to random places

If you meet them at these random places they will give you their phone number

This will then allow them call you should they want a rematch but that's not confirmed yet

I have to do a lot of clock fiddling to get this list. Please bare with me

Falkner; Monday - Celadon Dept. Store 4F
    Whitney; Saturday Daytime - Goldenrod Dept. Store 6F
    Pryce; Saturday Morning - Lake of Rage
    Clair; Saturday Morning - Dragon's Den

Morty; Daytime- Outside Tin Tower

Found Maylene of Veilstone City in Celadon City...

Bugsy; Friday Daytime - National Park

Never mind. That's just for a photo :/

Bugsy IS in Viridian Forest afterall

As is a Level 7 Pidgeotto, can see where Falkner got his.

Jasmine; Early Afternoons; Olivine Diner

Jasmine; Early Afternoons; Olivine Diner

About the Hoenn weather titans, the place where you find them is west of Cianwood called the Hidden Tower. That same myth-hunting hiker would be outside the cliff's cave entrance, and this is what he has to say about this mysterious place:

"It is said that on the other side of this cave lies a giant tower that leads all the way to the sky. It is a slightly oddly shaped tower. Part of it is made of the inside of this cliff it seems, and not only does it extends to the sky but there is also a long part of it underground! Moreover, it is said to connect into the sea as well! In other words, this ruins link the sky, land and the sea! It is almost collapsed now however, and only this cave entrance and the tower's central part where a strange pattern is drawn remain.

I believe that there must be an important item that summons the Pokemon who are deeply connected to the land and the sea."

So where do you find these items?

After you have received the Kanto starter from Prof. Oak, go visit Mr. Pokemon. He will give you the Red or Blue Orb depending on your version. He says he received it from a friend hailing from Hoenn, and that it is believed to be an important item relating to the ancient ruins known as the Hidden Tower west of Cianwood, where ordinary trainers cannot reach. But you, as champion of both Kanto and Johto, certainly is able to.

Now you can go into the Hidden Tower's central platform to capture either Groudon or Kyogre, and afterwards, the hiker will approach you again and exclaim that what you just captured was Groudon (Kyogre) which was depicted in the creation myth in Hoenn. In fact, he says the Hidden Tower was built by the people of Hoenn.

Before he leaves, he hints that Groudon (Kyogre) was not alone in Hoenn's creation myth, and he strongly believes that there are still mysteries unsolved in the Hidden Tower. He advices you to consult a genius Pokemon professor, and so that's where we'll go.

At Oak's, he will tell you about Groudon and Kyogre's story in Hoenn, how they fought to shape the land and sea, and the fact that the two were equally regarded. He will not say more until you also bring him the other counterpart, but he hints that according to Mr. Pokemon, the other coloured orb can only summon the other titan by a trainer who has a gold-glittering heart (or silver-glowing soul), which means you need the other game to get the other titan.

When you have traded in the other titan to your game, see Oak again with both of them. He will continue Hoenn's creation myth, adding in Rayquaza's role in pacifying the two. Oak then hands you the Light-green Orb (もえぎいろのたま), which he believes shall summon Rayquaza at the Hidden Tower. Bring the orb to the Hidden Tower again, and you catch your third Hoenn weather titan.

Oh, and if you take the movie Shaymin (or Shaymin caught in Platinum) to the flower shop in Goldenrod, you get the Gracidea Flower.

Steven Stone is also staring at some stones 'he never knew of' at the Pewter Museum. Wonder what he's up to.

That probably concludes my contribution to HGSS for now. Have fun playing, guys!

Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 12th September 2009 at 5:30 PM.

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

I've gone through every day, every time period (morning, day, evening & night) and not found Chuck absent from the gym at all

A quick little tidbit that I don't think anyone noticed yet (because they weren't lucky enough to notice lol)

[img]http://i31.*******.com/2le42o6.png[/img]

So unlike other previous games, in HgSs, when you choose your starter, it actually shows in the preview whether it is shiny or not. Big plus for people who wish to SR for a shiny Pokemon.

Oh and if anyone is wondering, no, I didn't cheat to get that, I just got really, really lucky and got a shiny Totodile in my first starter picking. And the Chikorita and Cyndaquil were both normally-colored.
    Last edited by Ellie; 12th September 2009 at 5:43 PM.

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I really don't know what to do with Chuck. I can't figure out any time he's outside of the Gym

Gonna try and push them to rematch so I can confirm it is for rematches, then I shall do page writing

Whitney rang me up...I should have paid more attention...she's no longer at her gym

Heading up to Goldenrod's Dept. Store to see if the battle's there

False alarm, she just wanted a photo

Got a call from Jasmine...photo

Not getting any more calls...this is a bit disconcerting

Not getting any more calls...this is a bit disconcerting

Rather than mess about for 2 more hours trying to get Chuck, I'll move on to Kanto Gyms

I think Misty may only appear once I capture/get rid of Suicune so I'm gonna go about catching it

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast