Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net HeartGold & SoulSilver Discovery Thread

There is one thing that's curious. The lack of things such as the PokéRadar and Swarms. I'm gonna have a look into it
    Last edited by Erik Destler; 12th September 2009 at 2:18 AM.

Looking at my Pokémon, it appears they got a special ribbon for beating Red but not the Elite Four

Right, the E4 have levelled up now so I've getting my game on

They're actually providing a bit of a challenge now

Thanks to Lumi & Sketch, we now know for sure, Johto Specific Items cannot be held for obvious reasons

Thanks to Lumi & Sketch, we now know for sure, Johto Specific Items cannot be held for obvious reasons

Sorry that I cannot join in the discovery fun this time, but I did enjoy the little amount that I've played so far. Regarding the Arceus event, there are interesting things from the dialogues that I'd like to share however.

After you are teleported to the Shinto Ruins, you first encounter a hiker, who is very likely the same one who spoke about Arceus's legend exclusive to the Platinum game.

"It's so great that we have someone so young who finds interest in the Shinto Ruins! You can see from the design of these Shinto Ruins pillars that this is a merge of the culture from the Johto region and the Sinnoh region."

He then leads you into a mountain cabin where 'someone well known to all trainers in Sinnoh, and has travelled across different lands to study myths and ancient ruins' has incidentally stopped by. Of course, you see Cynthia inside.

The hiker further elaborates that:

"In the past, people received the life of Pokemon and also gave them life. I think this alone made people and Pokemon more connected than they are today, which was why when people migrated, myths and legends pertaining to the power of Pokemon also moved and started to spread across different lands.

The ancient ruins on this land was inspired by the legend from both Johto's Ruins of Alph and Sinnoh's Spear Pillar. In other words, in the past, this land was a symbol of the crossing between the Johto people and the Sinnoh people."

When you approach Cynthia, she says:

"I am Cynthia, a Pokemon trainer. When I came to these Shinto Ruins, I immediately thought of my homeland, the Sinnoh region. At first I thought it must it because the heavy snow is just like Sinnoh, but it actually isn't.

In the past, there were people who moved to this land from the Sinnoh region. They must have thought of their homeland and built a temple, which is now the Shinto Ruins.

!! Are you a trainer? I can feel a strong power coming from your Pokeball. The feeling of this power is like Dialga, Palkia... and Giratina? It feels alike but also different.

Do you have time? If I'm not mistaken, something will happen when you and your Pokemon stand on that stage."

If you talk to the hiker again, he will supplement:

"Arceus is said to appear from an egg. In Johto, I believe the birth of life from a Pokemon egg is regarded as something very sacred. It is interesting how lands that are so far apart have similar myths and legends"

Cynthia then leads you into the Shinto Ruins, and explains:

"This is the Stage of Three, a sacred stage made to worship Arceus. It is said that songs and dances that praise the mighty power of Arceus, and there are people in the Johto region who have inherited that tradition.

From the old scripture, it is said that when Arceus stands on the Stage of Three, time, space, antimatter... and the world will be born. In other words, the role of the Stage of Three will manifest.

I've spent a lot of time studying the ruins and myths of Sinnoh. Could it be that it was because I am meant to lead you to this stage...?"

After getting on-stage:

"There are drawings on this Stage of Three that represent the Pokemon who created this world. The symbol in the center refers to Arceus, the source of everything. This is the sign of Palkia who governs space. This side is the sign of Dialga who governs time. Finally, this is Giratina, who governs the other side of this world, the antimatter world where time and space are reversed.

You are the recognized trainer of Arceus. It is said that once Arceus, who created the universe, shows its power, that power can perhaps create new life from complete emptiness! When you pick one of the three signs, something will happen..."

You then make your pick, and Arceus creates your dragon, which is described as "The mysterious orb became a Pokemon! Player received Dialga/Palkia/Giratina!".

Cynthia:

"That shining globe, it was... an egg? Have we just witnessed the moment of the hatching of an egg no one has ever seen before!? An egg nurtures and cradles all life in it. This planet we live on is just like an egg too. The life born from an egg will catch on and go on to generate another new life... I think this is what Arceus is trying to show us."

Another powerful surge of energy fills the room, and you're back at the Ruins of Alph, ending the event.

Anyway, from this we can see that:
    1) Shinto Ruins is on neither Johto nor Sinnoh
    2) The Kimono girls' dance could be the traditional worship dance to Arceus?
    3) The game acknowledges that different regions have their own myths and legends, but at least Sinnoh and Johto seem to share the common mighty creator

Coronis~

Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

Still not got a clue about rematches. I've looked everywhere, I've spoken to the gym leaders. I just cant find the place for them :/

Right, I'm having trouble staying sane so I'm going to go try and get some sleep. I have been up 42 hours now so it's logical

I doubt anything major is going to come but keep your eye on the discussion thread as it may be posted

See you on the other side

Right, I'm having trouble staying sane so I'm going to go try and get some sleep. I have been up 42 hours now so it's logical

I doubt anything major is going to come but keep your eye on the discussion thread as it may be posted

See you on the other side

Had a request for this just before I left. Figured I may as well

Seafoam Islands & Articuno

Did some of the bug catching competition today... 'Twas fun. Ran pretty much like GSC - same Pokemon, same range of levels, and same layout - take one Pokemon into it for catching, you have 20 Park Balls, and 20 minutes. No idea if Pokemon change after getting the Nat. Dex or not.

If you get third, you get a Berry of some sort - didn't get to check (it froze =/), but my guess is a Sitrus berry (which would correspond to a Gold berry in GSC). 1st place once again was a Sun Stone, like in GSC - I won that with a level 14 Scyther (which got me about 300-odd points from memory). Another time though I caught a level 13 Scyther and Beedrill and ended early just to see what I'd get and didn't end up placing at all - got a Shed Shell though even if I didn't come 1st/2nd/3rd. Guess that level made a fair bit of difference. XD

Again, you get to keep the judged Pokemon, and you can only keep that one - you can keep catching and replacing Pokemon during the competition though. No saving or using items allowed during it.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th September 2009 at 8:13 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Some people who gave you items in GSC whenever they called you do the same in HG/SS, such as a girl on route 34 who gives you a Leaf Stone from time to time.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(

Right. 9 Hours of Sleep and I'm back...huzzah. Doesn't look like I missed anything which is good

So back onto it. I'll continue to look for Gym Rematches and that certain other trainer

However, the coverage is now shifting away from major discoveries such as the past two days...it is time to get more in-depth

Bugsy is back at his gym which leads me to believe it was a daily thing going on

That said, in Platinum, the gym leaders were still in their gym when they were in the battleground

Gonna check all the other gyms, see if anyone is missing

Just changed my DS clock back to yesterday and Bugsy is gone again

Will change the clock back to today and keep looking tosee if other leaders are missing, that way we can determine if it's just bugsy gone on one day or if they all go on seperate days

In the Bug Catching Contest now, and it seems non Johto Pokemon get added, just found a Wurmple

Pryce is not in Mahogany Gym on Saturday (at least on my game)

This puts credibility to the theory that the gym matches are NOT where they say they are

Just saw Clair in Dragon's Den and got her phone number (score ) Could this be a prelude to the rematches?

Oh yeah, just to confirm, you get a Dratini no matter how you answer the Dragon Den's Elder's questions. I randomly answered and still got a Dratini, mine just lacks Extremespeed

Incidently, the group of people in GSC based on days in which one would appear on that day somewhere in Johto and give you a type-boosting item (e.g. Freda of Friday who gave a Poison Barb on Fridays above the Pokemon Centre by Union Cave) reappear in HG/SS.

^As for Dratini w/wo Extremespeed, seems the same case as it was in GSC then - correct answers yielded the ExtremeSpeed one.

If it hasn't been mentioned, the eye-catcher scenes of places that show up whenever you enter places changes based on time - so Ilex Forest's preview picture will reflect night-time if it is night-time, etc. Looks really neat as well.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 12th September 2009 at 10:04 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I'm finding camera guys everywhere...I do wonder how many there are

All other gym leaders accounted for. This is curious. I've looked everywhere, even all around Routes 47 & 48

Something everyone forgot about. Karate King in Mt. Mortar gives you a Tyrogue if you fight him

He has Hitmonlee Lv. 34 & Hitmonchan Lv. 34

The Tyrogue is Level 10

The RageCandyBar is in...however it is a key item. Curious

This looks promising. Was browsing through the Pokedex and discovered Bronzor can be found in any of the caves. I am unsure how this occurs. I have been in each cave and have seen no Bronzor. I'll keep you posted

Carnivine in Ilex Forest

I think there may be a special item we have yet to discover that activates these

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast