Just got the call from Baoba
It's starting to look less likely we'll discover anything new, so my focus is going to shift to pages as well as finding when Lt. Surge leaves the gym so we can get that final gym leader rematch
Have been fiddling around with the 'Script' file someone extracted from the games.
There are a few notable things of interest, some tested to be true, and some yet to be seen what they do. Keep in mind that most are from dialogues only, so exactly how they manifest I have no idea:
1) You get the Ragecandy Bar from a man outside its GSC shop, but you only get one and it is a Key Item now. Bring it to underground tunnel that connects Cerulean and Vermillion, give it to the man there and he'll exchange TM 64 (Explosion) to you. (Tested and true)
2) After you've obtained the Hoenn starters from Steven, somehow he will end up in the Silph Co. building again. This time, he is there to trade you his Beldum at Lvl 5, which holds a Dawn Stone. You trade him a Forretress. He's disappeared from the Pewter Museum now, but I can't be sure which triggers which, coz I didn't save between the points and couldn't backtrack. (Tested and true, in-game, but uncertain trigger point)
3) The other Lati is supposed to appear in the game as well, but it remains unconfirmed whether it is in-game, or event. Apparently, there is a new Key Item called the Enigma Crystal, described to me something unearthed from underground. You bring it to the Pewter Museum guy who revives your fossils, and he will soon uncover it to be the Soul Dew. Steven will appear, remarking that the Soul Dew is an incarnation of the souls of Latios and Latias, which has the power to summon them.
As you leave Pewter, apparently, the other Lati will show up in a rage to challenge you (for snatching its Soul Dew perhaps?). This is your chance to capture it I suppose. (Untested)
4) Another key item is known as the Rock Capsule, and according to the description, it is 'A tough capsule that must be opened with a special key'. This time seems to be received via Wireless, Wifi, but what exactly it does remains unknown. Perhaps it will contain the Enigma Crystal described above? There are no new key-like items, so I wonder what that special key is.
5) The Slowpoketail is also seen in the item list as a Key Item, but its description is the same as GSC, an item to be sold at the shops for a high price. According to the Script, you're supposed to get it on Route 32, but I haven't been able to find anyone that gives you that.
6) The script for Rotom using the electrical appliances are programmed into the Script, and from the existence of the special Rotom overworlds, it is likely not leftover data from DPPt but that the Secret Key will make a return (event? in-game?).
Judging from its location in the Script, it should be at the Silph Co., on that big wall in the lobby. There are lines that mention the elevator being powered up again thanks to Rotom, which likely refers to that elevator which is under construction on the left. Not sure if this really grants you access to the higher Silph floors.
7) Some interesting scripts that confirms NEP's background when you bring it to Elm. He will mention about Oak's talk at the Pokemon Association pertaining to Celebi to time-travelling, and that NEP seems to prove this theory correct. NEP has apparently arrived in our time after time-travelling with Celebi, which is why it cannot be given to others and the player must take good care of it. It is also unable to evolve because it is time-travelled for too long with Celebi, and its body is now stuck in its current state permanently. Elm will also mention that he will notify the ladies working at the PokemonCenters not to let NEP be registered via the game-to-game functions, heh. Somehow, a similar 'NEP cannot be registered' line also appears at the Safari Zone, but I haven't had time to test what that means yet. Perhaps it's the wireless Safari part.
Edit: So, it seems there aren't too many new mysteries (some unsolved, but at least not new) about HGSS from the coding and Script. The only mysterious Key Item is the Rock Capsule, as we pretty much know what the Enigma Crystal does, whether it's event or not. Slowpoketail might be axed in the last minute coz it seems to be for nostalgia alone. Lt. Surge's trade is more or less a bonus thing that doesn't affect game-play, and it's only time before we find out whether Rotom's Secret Key makes an in-game or event return.
No signs of other hidden plots / items / formes at this point. From what we see, there are no in-game events for Mew, Celebi or Deoxys. No signs that the event Darkrai, Regigigas are going to trigger anything. A bit disappointing given the high expectations, but I guess we just expected too much.
P.S. Lt. Surge is supposed to trade you an English Pikachu too, but I'll let Serebii figure out how to get Lt. Surge's number first.
Last edited by Coronis; 14th September 2009 at 5:22 PM.
Again just from the scripts, so I don't have the details apart from words.
On the Pokewalker locations:
1) Refreshing Field
2) Noisy Forest
3) Rugged Path
4) Pretty Seaside
5) Residential Area
6) Dark Cave
7) Blue Lake
8) Town Edge
9) Hoenn Field - This course is able to travel to the faraway Hoenn region starting from here. You can meet Pokemon you don't find in Kanto and Johto.
10) Warm Beach - A very hot beach somewhere in Hoenn. You meet Pokemon not found in Kanto and Johto.
11) Volcano Route - A route leading to a volcano that is still active. Very hot rare Pokemon live here.
12) Tree House - A path that stays close to nature with its forest trees. As always, you meet slightly different Pokemon.
13) Scary Cave - A pitch dark cave where distant sounds are heard inside. A lot of Pokemon live here.
14) Sinnoh Field - A path that travels to Sinnoh, a faraway region from Kanto and Johto. Rare Pokemon live here.
15) Cold Mountainpath
16) Big Forest
17) White Lake
18) Rough Sea
19) Resort Area
20) Quiet Cave
21) Beyond the Sea
22) Evening Sky (activated by Jirachi)
23) Yellow Forest (WiFi event)
26) Champ Path
27) Amity Field
Locations 1-8 are in Kanto and Johto. 9-13 enters the Hoenn region while 14-21 are those in Sinnoh. 22-23 are known event-triggered, while 24-27 remains unknown.
Note that the Dark Cave and Resort Area are not of the exact name as their in-game counterparts in Japanese, but I couldn't find better names for them for now.
Edit: Running out of time now. Will supplement the descriptions when I have more time.
Right, to get Rotom's forms, you just have to take a Rotom to Silph Co's Elevator and Rotom will power it, taking you to the room. No Secret Key needed
For those curious, here's some info on the Bug-Catching Contest:
The Bug-Catching Contest is still held once every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. No entrance fee.
It still has the same mechanics. You are given twenty Park Balls and you're only allowed to use a single Pokémon. You can catch different Pokémon (at most 20) and still be registered in the Dex.
BUT! you are allowed to keep "only one" Pokémon for judging. That specific Pokémon may be kept afterwards.
So, if you want to capture Scyther, Pinsir, Paras or Venonat, you need to participate in the contest several times just to get them all. It's quite sad, really. And here I was hoping that it would work similar to the Safari Zone. Goshdarnit.
Anyway, here are the Pokemon found during the Bug Catching Contest (pre-E4):
- Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree
- Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill
Sorry, I have no idea yet as to what kinds of Pokémon can be caught post-E4.
But Serebii posted that he caught a Wurmple. We'll look into this later on
Oh yeah, here's a friendly tip. To guarantee a win, you need to catch rare Pokémon with a high level. A Lv15 Beedrill or Butterfree would do. A Lv14 Scyther or Pinsir works as well. I got a Sun Stone for placing 1st. I dunno about 2nd, 3rd and consolation prices.
.: Still waiting... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.
Wulava, already posted about the Bug Catching Comp some pages back. =P
On top of 1st prize being the Sun Stone, 2nd prize = Everstone, 3rd = Sitrus Berry, anything else = Shed Shell.
A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.
Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions | Song Parodies
Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
Current article: Interview with AE Games Lead Developer! Mad Men Football, the Wii U, and more!
Avatar is edited, cropped pic by minty-fivestar on DA (adding backgrounds FTW!), and fic banner by cieux.
We found Lt. Surge with some help from Snapple
He is found every day from 9am to 11am by the Power Plant after you have captured Zapdos
Call him on Friday mornings for a rematch
If you want to level up high levelled Pokemon quickly, the Fighting Dojo is the way to go
Battling through all 16 gym leaders atm and my Celebi has shot up from Level 83 to 91
There's other 4th/3rd gen Pokemon available in another way (such as Kricketot, Luvdisc etc)...we're looking into it. These ones are version exclusives (Baltoy in HG, Gulpin in SS)
In the Safari Zone, you have the ability to actually customise each of the areas. By putting in a variety of items, you have the ability to manipulate the Pokémon in the Safari Zone area, perhaps even bringing new Pokémon into that area.
This will allow even more Pokémon to appear, some of which wouldn't normally appear in that area, as often or even at all