Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Challenging A Towering Figure! (609)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Fairly entertaining battle that shows that Ash is getting better with his selection. One thing that stands out, though, is that Grotle's moveset is just down-right boring. Energy Ball, Razor Leaf, Rock Climb, Synthesis. They really need to add something to mix things up a bit.
    how about earthquake? lol

The episode was kind of a let down, but at least the battle was good.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I quite like this episode, the battle in it was quite intense. =P I was honestly surprised at the sheer amount of power Grotle recieved by swalling a mere Energy Ball. I mean, compared to your average Pokemon power-ups where there were only a small amount of difference, Grotle literally tackled over a 623.5 lbs. wall of solid rock with brute force, and continued to propel it up a hill which it had made earlier, surely that deserves a big "wow." o.o
    How warm is a hug?

Even though I've already watched this episode, but... was it Overgrow or just a power up? My Japanese is not good, so I could've missed it when they mentioned what it was.

BACK

great i was really waiting for the looker to appear in a dubbed episode and now i can't wait for palmer!
    In Game Name:SUJEETH
    FC: DIAMOND 4082-2431-8243
    PLATNUIM 0474-6685-1342
    Soul Silver: Too lazy to type right now.

Check out my Youtube Channel, Where I post Pokemon battles! http://www.youtube.com/user/DuelingMastery

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Fairly entertaining battle that shows that Ash is getting better with his selection. One thing that stands out, though, is that Grotle's moveset is just down-right boring. Energy Ball, Razor Leaf, Rock Climb, Synthesis. They really need to add something to mix things up a bit.
    How is that boring?

Remember how Bayleef had the same exact moves Bulbasaur did? Besides, after coming off the heels of Sceptile, did you honestly expect Grotle to live up to the things Sceptile did throughout all three of its forms?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    How is that boring?

Remember how Bayleef had the same exact moves Bulbasaur did? Besides, after coming off the heels of Sceptile, did you honestly expect Grotle to live up to the things Sceptile did throughout all three of its forms?
    Agreed.

The problem with the same three-type starters over and over again is you're pretty much covering the same sort of ground again, especially in the 1st stage where they don't have anything unique about them. (Charizard's wings, or Grovyle/Sceptile's blades.)

This applies to pretty much every starter bar Treecko, who is pretty much the only original Grass starter, especially in the anime where it didn't and couldn't just fire off Razor Leafs and Vine Whips.

But alas.

I wish Johanna would go away. I don't know, she just bothers me. I miss Lola. Can we have some Lola back please?

I liked how dawn's mom appeared out of nowhere when ash was doing his victory pose and then just spun away.

Somehow I see Grotle learning Solarbeam at some point. Hopefully it won't be some stock footaged beam of white light.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This was a fairly entertaining episode. I'm looking forward to see this episode in the states in 19 weeks. Whenever I see Jun/Barry in an episode, momentum and excitement just bursts out! In terms, I guess I am sort of attached to his characteristics. Silly willy. Seeing Palmer was cool and humorous (running off after meeting Ash). Why do you say Jun/Barry has ADD? He's hyperactive and always on the go when it comes to being impatient.

After seeing pictures of this episode, I think it's good. I'm only disappointed that Ash lose to Palmer & still receive the trophy. I thought the days of Ash receiving charity winnings were over. I guess they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    After seeing pictures of this episode, I think it's good. I'm only disappointed that Ash lose to Palmer & still receive the trophy. I thought the days of Ash receiving charity winnings were over. I guess they're not.
    i believe the trophy was for winning the tournoment, palmerd was like a bonus battle.

I watched the episode again and I sort of translated some parts to myself in my thoughts to understand what they were saying and I did hear some English syllables or phrases. I find it interesting how different languages can sound close to the native word and the background music was heartwarming once I heard the Victory Road Johto fanfare and ending part of the episode when they depart Johanna's home.

Jun: Daddy!

The thing about pokemon is you can watch it in your non native language and stil get the jist of what's going on if you have knowledge of the sghow in general because there is not much explaining involved in it

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

I liked the way that Rhyperior took down Grotle; hitting him on the back with Rock Wrecker from point-blank range. Also, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to Grotle after he had that Energy Ball forced down his throat. Did he reabsorb that energy or something? It looked like Overgrow except for the fact that Overgrow covers the entire body and the light quickly fades.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampardo View Post
    I like how Dawn went "WHAT? WHY DON'T YOU USE BUIZEL?!?!" when Grotle was called out.
    she said that???????
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    she said that???????
    Yes, she said Buizel, I don't know if it was to that extent but I think it's because Buizel would've been a "technical" better choice than Grotle. Buizel is faster and would deal the same super effective hits.

But Ash chose Grotle for its defense.

Of course it is natural for Dawn to think that, after all Buizel did use to belong to her, so she probably is biased towards it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This episode failed. The tournament was only a montage! Seriously?

Like Crogunks crush though
    Introducing BASED POD

Seems like Ash chose Grotle, because he came to the realization that every gym leader had a counter for their weakness. Since he would normally use speed, he figured Palmer would have a counter for that so he went power vs power.

Quote Originally Posted by Straitos View Post
    Seems like Ash chose Grotle, because he came to the realization that every gym leader had a counter for their weakness. Since he would normally use speed, he figured Palmer would have a counter for that so he went power vs power.
    That makes sense.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Wish I could claim credit, but that's what Ash says to himself in the episode before the battle with Palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Straitos View Post
    Wish I could claim credit, but that's what Ash says to himself in the episode before the battle with Palmer
    You know Japanese?
    Ash's team right now

What I think is brilliant about Pokemon is that it doesn't need subtitles to know what's going on. I do still wish I could speak the language though...

Not 100% true. Battles yes, but try watching a heavy dialogue episode when you don't know Japanese. VERY boring.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Not 100% true. Battles yes, but try watching a heavy dialogue episode when you don't know Japanese. VERY boring.
    Who would even want to do that?
    Ash's team right now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast