Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Challenging A Towering Figure! (609)

I skipped a few episodes because I really wanted to see this one. Maybe I´ll watch the other episodes later, but I don´t really feel like it until now. THIS episode on the other hand really entertained me.

If only this little event could have been a two parter. The tournament felt more than rushed, even Satoshi´s and Jun´s battle was just a little freeze frame slideshow...Why waste the possibilty of an exciting two-parter because of some Oak-napping?

The final battle against Palmer was veeeery, veeery cool. Not many battles in this anime keep me on the edge of my seat, but this one surely did. And considering the outcome was clear as crystal from the beginning, this really means something.
    Grotle needs more battles like that...Satoshi´s strategy of swallowing attacks was a neat idea, but I hope it won´t get overused as it would be kinda cheap in the long run.

Palmer´s personality corresponds perfectly with Jun´s and I hope we´ll see more of him later.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

O yea, I wonder what made Ash think about the 6 on 6 battle against Paul again.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    What I think is brilliant about Pokemon is that it doesn't need subtitles to know what's going on. I do still wish I could speak the language though...
    I dislike subtitles in Pokemon. I think it ruins the experience.

Besides, you can basically understand what's going on without them.

6/10

Great battle, Grotle was good, too bad Ash lost.

and i loved the tournament.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Peace, Love, and Victory.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post

Peace, Love, and Victory.
    I never noticed that. It's cute. Croagunk always seems so....stiff. It's odd to see it like a female.

I should mention that Grotle's whole "swallowing Energy Ball" move was epic.

The plain and simple truth is that Croagunk's a P-I-M-P. He doesn't go cruisin' for love, love comes lookin' for a little piece o' da Croagunk, ya dig?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This was one of the top five battles of Sinnoh for Ash in my opinion..

1. Full Battle vs Paul
    2. Buizel vs Lucario
    3. Grotle vs Rhyperior
    4. Chimchar and Turtwig vs Metagross and Zangoose
    5. Ash vs Fantina

Honorable mentions:
    Pikachu vs Raichu.. but that was such a homage to Ash's gymbattle with Surge that I
    don't really count it as a Sinnoh battle, but still, it rocked..
    Staraptor vs Honchkrow.. since it wasn't a battle in the same context as we want here..
    Pikachu vs Magikarp.. Awesome animation!

I'm sure there are gonna be more awesome battles to come, but somehow, I don't like Ash's battles vs Barry.. They didn't have that vibe going on, that really excited feeling.

The rest of this episode was rushed though.. one minute for the rest of the tournament.. But I'll take it again if we see another battle of those proportions!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I am really looking forward to this episode because that short moment when Dragonite pops out of its pokeball will probably its only appearance in Sinnoh. Either way, I watched this on youtube, and I liked seeing Grotle and Rhyperior face off.

EDIT: I realized that we saw the Dragonite in the Pokeringer contest, so I mean this will probably be its last appearance in Sinnoh.
    Last edited by popcorn dragon; 6th January 2010 at 2:58 AM.

I wonder if Ash is gonna use his pokemon formerly known as Turtwig again when he rechallenges Palmer. Would be a cool match to see. the pokemon formerly known as Turtwig would have major advantages over at least two of Palmers pokemon (Rhyperior and Milotic).
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Great episode! I liked Ash VS Palmer. Too bad Grotle did not win although Ash and Dawn both have new strategies. Poor Grotle does not have too much wins since it evolved 41 episodes ago.

9.5/10
    Well they should have made Ash VS Barry slightly longer since the show does end usually 5 minutes before 7:30 and they could have shown Dawn losing as well. Nice to see Ash VS Paul Full Battle flashbacks.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I really didn't like that "He ate the Energy Ball" business at first since uit seemed pretty cheap. Though I do hope they bring it back again just so it could be a recurring strategy for Grotle. The battle was pretty cool too. I liked the way it ended with Rypherioir using Rock Wrecker the way that he did to finifh off Grotle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Anybody else notice how Pikachu seemed like a lighter shade of yellow, as with some scenes from the opening. It seems kind of weird. I don't think it is mt TV's, especially if everyone else noticed this. Other than that, I still enjoyed the episode.

White 2:

What an episode?! 10/10

There is nothing that I didn't like about it! I liked how even Ash and Dawn were surprised that Brock was actually going to do something. Poor Brock. I still don't understand how Glameow and Umbreon can just fly at will like that, but I like it! Ash's battle with Palmer was amazing! I liked Grotle's face when he swallowed the energy ball. Palmer gave Ash a lot of compliments and advice. This battle was definitely a sign of things to come! Throughout this whole episode, I had that feeling like this was an hour special episode, but it wasn't. That's just how good this episode was to me. Ok, so maybe I found one thing that I didn't like about this episode and it's that it begins the long wait til Sunnyshore City.

The battle was great, since it involves Rhypherior, too bad Ash lost the battle against Palmer. The whole "Grotle swallowing Energy Ball" thing and ending up looking powerful is a perfect example of logical mistakes as told by WTF Pokemon, from the creators of Show Me Your News.

(After five weeks of missing Pokemon, I finally got to watch this!)

Palmer was decent; the way he should have sound. In fact, I've pictured him the way he should have spoke and it matched! (okay it was a little deep). Overall the episode was terrific till the end, only to my dismay was the Satellite service over the west coast being glitched for some reason. Oh well, guess I"m thankful to have Direct TV otherwise missing out would not do. And what did Barry sing at the end? I try to recognize the singing and it wasn't Pokemon Ondo. What did Palmer say at the end? He said something "At a different time" I believe.

I noticed how they said that Palmer was from Sinnoh Battle Frontier and not Johto. Maybe this could bring down hopes for Ash and Co. going to Johto for a Battle Frontier after Sinnoh since it is in Sinnoh. I just thought I'd bring up that interesting piece of information.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I noticed how they said that Palmer was from Sinnoh Battle Frontier and not Johto. Maybe this could bring down hopes for Ash and Co. going to Johto for a Battle Frontier after Sinnoh since it is in Sinnoh. I just thought I'd bring up that interesting piece of information.
    Not necessarily. They could announce they're moving to Johto and Ash could follow them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It was a good episode. The Ash vs. Palmer battle was cool. Too bad Ash lost though, but he did his best. And Grotle eating that Energy Ball is kind of strange, it was really unexpected.

This was a great episode and one of my favourites in sinnoh so far however i found it odd the narrator saying we'll get to see how a frontier brain battles? yet we've seen 7 of them before now

Smashing through the boundaries
    Lunacy has found me

Black FC- 2408 4376 9444

Wow, where has all the epic background music gone? No "Latios no Moto he" !?

I prefer this one in the original...

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

-------------------------------------

My Fave Duel - Atem VS Raphael II (YGO! DM Episode 174 -176)

They said the battle frontier was in sinnoh... maybe itll relocate! I loved the battle music during the rounds of the touenament! It went pretty fast and i wash the battle had been bigger. Grotle did really good but i had hoped itd at least be a tie
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

So Grotle did not use Overgrow? I thought it was established that Grotle had activated its ability, Overgrow, when it swallowed Energy Ball although they did not say anything about it in the dub.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    So Grotle did not use Overgrow? I thought it was established that Grotle had activated its ability, Overgrow, when it swallowed Energy Ball although they did not say anything about it in the dub.
    It was probably left out of the dub. A dubbing error.

I don't know if it's an important point to mention, but it looks like the episode worked without Overgrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    It was probably left out of the dub. A dubbing error.

I don't know if it's an important point to mention, but it looks like the episode worked without Overgrow.
    Yeah, you know, I wouldn;t really call it Overgrow honestly.

So, it looks like Barry is heading to Sunyshore City. Maybe Ash and Co. will meety him there? I should have expected tat Palmer would know Volkner since he tells Ash and Co. of Sunyshore City. Poor Ash does not know what Palmer meant with "shock".

White 2:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast