Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Challenging A Towering Figure! (609)

Kurotsugu was as amazingly strong as he was in the Shinou games, so Satoshi managing to keep pace against Kurotsugu's Dosidon using his rather weak Hayashigame was an achievement in and of itself. My only issue here was that Kurotsugu mentioned Shinou's Battle Frontier, yet Satoshi never even got to visit it.

Palmer's laid back attitude reminded me of Goku and his Rhyperior was awesome when it fought Grotle. I liked Barry's singing scene too.

Lol. Why is it that Ash pretty much forgets everything he has ever done? Like here, he got all excited about meeting a Frontier Brain as if he had never been offered the chance to be one himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Lol. Why is it that Ash pretty much forgets everything he has ever done? Like here, he got all excited about meeting a Frontier Brain as if he had never been offered the chance to be one himself...
    The famous Sinnoh reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    We get professional athletes who fangirl at the chance of meeting other pro athletes IRL. I doubt a 10 year old getting excited at meeting a prominent trainer means he forgot all about the Battle Frontier just because they offered him a spot.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    A Noble and Just Cause
    No I Am Not Sanity Check...
    Wise Words From A Wise Person
    Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    No Ash, you must always go up in League ranks and hold on to every skill you've ever learned ever or else whatever experiences you've had was a waste and never happened. That's the only reason on why I'm invested in you. Ash, I'm frustrated at you for not winning the League once you average protagonist. It doesn't matter if you almost won it, make a mistake and you'll be burned to the stake.

-With love, your fans

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trollbias View Post
    We get professional athletes who fangirl at the chance of meeting other pro athletes IRL. I doubt a 10 year old getting excited at meeting a prominent trainer means he forgot all about the Battle Frontier just because they offered him a spot.
    I just thought that a Kanto Frontier Brain flashback/montage was in order, for consistency's sake. :c

Ash really showed why he's a great trainer in this episode and actually thought things through before choosing his main battle Pokemon. That was nice. I kind of got distracted when I tried to figure out what song was playing in place of "Battle Frontier" (was it just some random TPCI instrumental?) and again to try and figure out what song Barry was singing instead of "Pokemon Ondo".

Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    My only issue here was that Kurotsugu mentioned Shinou's Battle Frontier, yet Satoshi never even got to visit it.
    I kind of figured that perhaps the writing staff had Palmer mention that location here cuz they had planned on showing it someday, but then maybe those original plans changed as Dp's pace got quicker. That's just my headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I kind of figured that perhaps the writing staff had Palmer mention that location here cuz they had planned on showing it someday, but then maybe those original plans changed as Dp's pace got quicker. That's just my headcanon.
    Given the anime's habit of abandoning plot points, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case as well. Still, it would've been nice if we had gotten a silhouette appearance of the Shinou Frontier Brains while Kurotsugu was explaining the Shinou Battle Frontier.

Wow, that was an intense battle between Ash and Palmer, with an epic Rock Climb. Rhyperior pretty much killed Grotle at the end though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567