Thread: Team "Awesome Pokemon"

Default Team "Awesome Pokemon"

Team Awesome Pokemon

Hey Rezon here, back with a new RMT. I haven't posted one in a while and since I really wanted help with this I figured I'd make one out. Now, while making this team I figured I would make kind of a Bulky Offense/Balanced team so this is what I came up with. There are some standard and not so standard pokemon here as I try to balance that out on my teams and you'll see why I picked some of them in a bit but in the meantime here we go!

Team Building Process

Well first I wanted to use a lead that was uncommon and then I noticed that Gliscor had all the right materials to be a great lead. Earthquake, Stealth Rock, U-Turn, Taunt, and Roost. I picked this lead because it could not only work well for scouting and getting up rocks but it can also take down some of the top leads as you will see in a little bit.

Alright well next I noticed that he had a large Ice weakness as well as a water weakness. I was debating between a few waters until I noticed that Vaporeon can not only privide great Wish support but also can coutner top threats such as Gyarados and MixApe. So naturally I went with Vapreon.

Next I wanted a staller. After scrolling threw a bunch of pokemon I noticed my favorite pokemon, Breloom. It can learn Spore, Leech Seed, and Substitute which is all I needed to see. So I was debating between a few sets when I finally decided on the SubSeedPunch set.

Alright well next I noticed a large Latias weakness. So I went with Scizor who can also help with Salamence and Gengar which is perfect.

Next I saw a large Fire weakness so I was debating between another water or a dragon since Rock types do not work very well in thsi metagame. So I went with latias to provide some extra Special Attacking support.

Next I wanted a strong PHysical sweeper. I was debating between some common ones but none seemed to fit well. Metagross aids me with my Latias weakness as well as with Gengar, Metagross and any other strong sweeper that could harm my team. Since I wanted a good late game clean up sweeper I decided to go with Agiligross.

Finally seeing as how I had an enormus Fire weakness I took out Scizor for Absol. I like Absol as a revenge killer better because it has a strong STAB Priorty move, isn't effected by MAgnezones Magnet Pull, and also works as a mixed sweeper.

There you have it. Now onto the team!

The Lead

Gliscor (Scar) w/ Leftovers
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 180 HP/ 96 Atk/ 216 Spe/ 16 SpD
    Moveset:
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Roost
    U-Turn

The best lead I have ever used, hands down. I discovered this set once I saw it on one of Calums old RMTs and it is absolutely amazing. It counters some of the top leads today. The EVs make it so that Naive/Hasty Max Special Attack Infernapes Flamethrower won't 2HKO me, Metagross won't 2HKO me and I can 2HKO Metagross, Infernape (With Sash otherwise OHKO), heatran (Shuca Berry), Jirachi and many others. Stealth Rock is obvious. Gliscor is a very reliable pokemon for setting up SR due to it's great bulk. Earthquake is for STAB and allows me to OHKO-2HKO said pokemon above. Roost allows me to stay alive for late game as this is also my Lucario check. U-Turn lets me escape Taunters like Aerodactyl and Azelf so I can come back with anotehr pokemon and finish them both off. Gliscor is, as stated, the best lead I have ever used.

The Water Goddess

Vaporeon (WaterPup) w/ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 180 HP/ 252 Def/ 68 SpA
    Moveset:
    Surf
    Hidden Power [Electric]
    Wish
    Protect

She's a Water Goddess for a reason. This thing can take hits like a pro as well as counter Gyarados/Infernape and provide the team with Wish Support. The EVs are standard. HP EVs provide Leftovers point. Max Defense because it's defense is awful and I changed the Speed EVs to Special Attack so I can 2HKO Skamory. Surf is for obvious STAB and get's great neutral coverage. Hidden power Elecric let's me counter Gyarados as I OHKO it. Wish gives the team Wish Support which is very needed for my Metagross and Breloom as Metagross can't recover HP ANd Breloom is frail and will take alot of damage when switching into an attack. Protect allows me to take Wish without having to worry about taking damage first. All in all this set is pretty standard but still feared.

The Unexpected Killer

Absol (Stalker) w/ Life Orb
    Nature: naughty
    Ability: Super Luck
    Evs: 252 Attack/ 80 Special Attack/ 176 Speed
    Moveset:
    Sucker Punch
    Superpower
    Flamethrower
    Pursuit

The revenge killer of the team. Absol is one of the most unexpecting threats in todays Metagame which is why it works so well. 176 Speed lets me outrun standard Choice Band Scizor so that I cna Flamethrower them before they U-Turn. He can revenge kill a Salamence locked into Outrage OHKOing it after Stealth Rock and Life Orb with Sucker Punch. Absol also puts a check on Latias, Starmie, Gengar, and Azelf for me. Now normanly they expect Suckerpunch making them switch. This is where they're in trouble. They get hit with STAB Pursuit reaching power of 240. Superpower OHKOs Snorlax and Tyranitar which is no easy feat. Flamethrower and these Special Attacks evs allow a 2HKO on Skarmory with Flamethrower, something Skarmory users never expect. Pursuit, as mentioned before, is to put Ghosts and PSychics in a check mate position. Absol is a highly underrated sweeper that should not be messed with.

Want some Shrooms?

Breloom (WannaGetHigh?) w/ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 36 HP/ 252 Atk/ 220 Spe
    Moveset:
    Spore
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Focus Punch

Yes, that's right. One of the most hated SubSeed sets today. SubSeed Breloom! Now I know what your wondering, whats up with the EVs? Well I made it so that I could outspeed 216 Speed EV Breloom trying to outspeed the standard 212 Speed Breloom. I like to think ahead xD. Spore is obvious on Breloom. It is numbero Uno in Brelooms 3 part plan. It is also what makes Breloom so unique and awesome. Leech Seed is step numbero dos to the 3 part plan. I will Leeh Seed while they are asleep so I am getting 25% health every turn because of Poison Heal. Substitute is step numero trece in the 3 part plan. Substitute is great with leech Seed and Poison Heal because I am recovering all the damage taken rom Substitute every turn so I have an infinite amount of Subs (well, until the PP runs out). Focus Punch is the icing on the cake, the bonus in the game, the awesomeness that gets STAB from Breloom. In Substitute I can get a hit off every time and it hurts. Max Attack STAB 150 power from 394 Attack hurts like a baseball getting thrown at your balls. I love this set as it lets me outstall stall teams which is not easy.

The Queen of the Dragons

Latias (TeeHee) w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 128 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 128 Def
    Moveset:
    Calm Mind
    Dragon Pulse
    Recover
    Refresh/Hidden Power [Fire]

The one set that can beat Blissey one on one. The EVs are standard and are just made for some bulk. Calm Mind is a key move on this set as it allows me to sweep with some power. Dragon Pulse is it's only attacking move but it gets amazing coverage with only 1 type resisting it. Dragon Pulse is weak at first but after a Calm Mind or 2 it can become a real dangerous thing. Recover allows for some previous taken damage to be recovered back so I can continue an omnipresent sweep. The last move is amazing. Refresh is what allows me to beat any Blissey one on one which is not easy to do if you are a special attacker. Hidden power Fire would only be used if Scizor really does threaten this team although if I do use Hidden Power Fire I will change the spread around because I will be losing 1 Speed IV anyway. I am looking for a replacement here so if you know any replacement please say so.

The Beast with a Million Backs

Metagross (Iron Lung) w/ Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 112 HP/ 252 Atk / 144 Spe
    Moveset:
    Rock Polish
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    ThunderPunch

The standard set but with Rock Polish because I'm to lazy to lvl it up to get Agility xD. I took the 12 Defense EVs out of Defense and put them into Speed to outrun Timid Scarfed Porygon-Z as I saw 12 Defense EVs were not needed. I chose a Lum Berry so that I don't get Burned or Paralyzed so I can continue to sweep. Rock Polish allows me to sweep. Meteor Mash is for STAB. Meteor Mash is an amazing move especially on Metagross. Earthquake is for coverage against other Steels that Meteor Mash won't destroy. Thunderpunch allows me to hit Waters for super effective damage. Gyarados in particular as it OHKOs it since my Attack won't be lowered. There really isn't much else to say here as iit is standard.

Final Glance

If you see any problems please do not be afraid to say so.

Thank You
    Last edited by Rezon; 6th September 2009 at 2:09 PM.

*Space saved for Threat List*

I would say NP/MixApe weak, HP Ice for Gliscor/Latias, Flamethrower/Fire Blast for Breloom/Gross, and Close Combat for Absol. You do have Vappy to help with him, but he isn't the best check. I believe a BulkyDos would work well here, yes that leaves you weak to electric, but wohoo! Gliscor. But thats all my tiny little burnt out brain can come up with now. I'll try to come up with some more later.
    GoldChocobo Diamond FC: 3008 4134 9942

HP Ice for Gliscor/Latias

Wat. Hp ice cannot OHKO latias and barely does anything unless its +2 or +4 and who is really going to let ape get even a +2 from NP.

Second thing this team has latias AND vaporeon who both check/Latias counters it; so how is this team ape weak?

Fail.

Rezon ill rate later.

I find it that your team is highly dependent upon setting up...which isn't too great. Half your team requires to set-up in order to function properly and to fulfill their purpose. Metagross, Latias and Breloom. Only one pokemon that needs setting up would be more then fine and in fact I might think it would be perfect. Your team lacks somewhat of power and definatly lacks speed IMO. And 2/3 of the pokemon that you have in your team that need setting up can provide that. Scarf Latias or Scarf Breloom (Trust me it's a beast! And no one ever expects it) and a Band'ed Metagross. If I were you I'd take two of those pokes and give them a choice item..all three of those pokes pause a huge threat when they set up..the other should clear the way in order for the pokemon that sets up has an easier job to set-up.

Also roar messes you up to an extend..and Celebi <3.
    FC: 3996 0976 0038

All credits to the userbar to Gengar.

Alrght but I am looking for a replacement for Scizor so I suppose the replacement could be made into a Scarfer because I like to always have 2 set up pokemon just in case.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for double posting but I am thinking about changing this teama alot:

Empoleon over Metagross
    ??? Over Vappy
    ??? Over Absol

Please do not suggest SCizor over Absol. He is to easily coutnered now and I do not wish to have him on my team

ice hits this team hard maybe fire as well absol can learn superpower

Well, maybe try a TTar? With Gliscor having sand veil, and Meta, just being Meta. You could trap with Pursuit, and pull off Flamethrower. But idk right now, thats off the top of my head. I'll try to come up with something later, its late for me. And maybe exchange the Laias pic? Its awkward.....
    GoldChocobo Diamond FC: 3008 4134 9942