Thread: Just a little Experiment i did.

Default Just a little Experiment i did.

Ok i was testing to see if EV pionts do transfer if you rare candy pokes

i used Drifblims for this(i tested Sp. Atk and Speed)

Drifblim 1 (completely EV trained with 252 Sp.atk and 252 Speed did not rare candy)
    Nature Timid (ups speed downs attack)
    Sp. ATK: 88
    Speed: 84

Drifblim 2 (used 10 Carbos and Calciums thats all so 100 on Sp. Atk and Speed than Rare candied)
    Nature: Mild (ups Sp. Atk lowers Sp. Def
    Sp. Atk: 81
    Speed: 67

Drifblim 3 (this was the control i used no EVs at all just rare candied)
    Nature: Lax (ups def down Sp. Def)
    Sp. Atk 61
    Speed 57

from what i'm reading EVs do apply even when Rare candying after they have the EVs you want

Note: All Drifblims are Lv 31 and all hatched from eggs
    Last edited by D.S. Delano; 7th October 2009 at 2:47 AM.
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/n68in8.png[/IMG]
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Unless they had the same IVs in Special Attack and Speed, and the same natures, I don't think this proves it.

Good piont but its impossible to get every thing the same but this is just something i did but there is a large different from Drifblim 2 and 3 though
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams. If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Uh, of course EVs will go apply to the stats, even if you Rare Candy it. There is no difference from normal leveling, daycare leveling and Rare "Canding".

You just get EVs from wild pokes while leveling normally, but since you already EV trained it then there is no difference at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    And of course I think Leaf should be a cannon, what else could I have been referring to.

ok i just did this because i remembered reading something a while back saying it was not sure so i just did it out of boredom and saved b4 i rare candied Drifblim 2 and 3

I've EV trained hundreds (not exaggerating) of pokes. You can EV them at any level before 100 and Rare candy them if you like and it makes no difference. I've done it every way conceivable.