Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 127

Thread: Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! (610)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,219

    Default Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! (610)

    The Worst Togepi In History!

    Travelling to the next town for the Pokémon Contest, Ash & Co. discover the Trainer Tower. However, as soon as they enter, they discover it is a Team Rocket trap. Unable to get out, they soon find a Togepi who lets them out. However, they are constantly finding themselves back in the cell. To make matters worse, the Togepi is constantly taunting and attacking Team Rocket and throw them in the cell too. Can everyone work together to escape the Togepi's grasp?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ayase, Japan
    Posts
    729

    Default



    It was... WEIRD episode...
    Some stuffs I want to point out..

    - Togepi really is evil. (And it's a girl)

    - This episode finally confirmed that Satoshi's Pikachu is 100% Male (Take that non-believers)

    - Jessie's Yanmega is female.

    - Rayquaza was real one. (Yes, it obviously can breath in space)
    Last edited by pK'; 10th September 2009 at 1:26 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    - This episode finally confirmed that Satoshi's Pikachu is 100% Male (Take that non-believers)

    - Jessie's Yanmega is female.
    Also, Piplup, Croagunk, and Meowth are confirmed male.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Also, Piplup, Croagunk, and Meowth are confirmed male.
    HAHA I thought it was confirmed already that Pipulp/Meowth/Croagrunk were malesXD
    I liked the episode, the writers have a way of making you like Team Rocket a lot.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    Wow, I sure wasn't expecting so many gender confirmations (specifically with Yanmega, its rare when anyone debates over a bugs gender).

    Too bad we didn't get any with Gliscor though, her gender (yes, her gender) really needs to be solidified.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

    I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Guess Rayquaza must've escaped being caught. Bet it was messy.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    think smarter, not harder=]
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    HAHA I thought it was confirmed already that Pipulp/Meowth/Croagrunk were malesXD
    Piplup is a male???!!!
    wasn't HE wearing a pink dress one time???

    by the way....very very nice episode
    claps to you all pokemon writers I would never thought about an evil togepi that's for sure......
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]



    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

    credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much


    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Are you a stalker?
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Also, Piplup, Croagunk, and Meowth are confirmed male.
    Didn't it already say meowth learned english to impress a female meowth?

    Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!


    Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    I don't poop enough (please do not point out the sheer irony regarding my name). Once every 3 or 4 days or so. Maybe there's something wrong with me but it's been that way all my life.
    Put this in your signature if you hate people calling game rivals by their manga/anime name. (Started by The Elite Trainer)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,885

    Default

    This episode looks awesome, I can't wait to see it dubbed.

    Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    This episode finally confirmed that Satoshi's Pikachu is 100% Male (Take that non-believers)
    Genderless until real proof is given.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melody93 View Post
    just because theres no flashback of Misty's togepi in this one doesn't mean Misty is forgotten.
    He didn't even imply that.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ayase, Japan
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Genderless until real proof is given.
    I will just laugh at you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    My Imagination!
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    This episode looks awesome, I can't wait to see it dubbed.



    Genderless until real proof is given.



    He didn't even imply that.
    You see I at first didn't think there would be a flashback till CC mention it, funny how I predicted Misty would be in the opening but change my mind cause others here didn't think it would happen and I turn out to be right.

    Once again CC came up with an prediction just so he can argue a point, I can't believe I fell for it too, I got my hopes up at the end when Ash looks up that he'd mention her like he did with Angie in the begining of the Floating Monster epi, so I sighed and thought "well at least I'll see her during the leadge" Then CC says that...

    I remember when I first talked CC about Advanceshipping being the 2nd most popular ship (at the time of 2005) as it being another reason we pokeshippers hated AS. Some say I was to quick to judge him but now that I've got to know him better... well ... I think I hate his guts even more ...but now I think I've figured him out, and won't be falling for his predictions that's purpose is to start a debate about something.
    Last edited by Melody93; 12th September 2009 at 1:32 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Wall of Briggs ♥
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    ^ Weird, indeed. I like this Togepi 'cause, well, it was evil. Quite an enjoyable episode.

    So... Togepi knows Flamethrower, Psychic and Attract.
    - Togepi gets Ash & Co. out from the dungeon and take them into a lift. Ash & Co. then falls back into the dungeon. This repeats for a few more times, and once with TR.
    - Togepi uses Attract and controls Pikachu's, Piplup's Meowth's & Croagunk's minds.
    - The hideout-rocket takes off. They see a Rayquaza.
    - The rocket gets out of control & James takes the lead. He instructs Meowth to allow Pikachu to Thunderbolt the power source.
    - Buneary uses Ice Beam to slow down(?) the rocket. So does Piplup with BubbleBeam & Grotle with Energy Ball.
    - Togepi uses Flamethrower on Happiny but Happiny uses Pound and hits it away.
    - Flamethrower burns a hole into the rocket's 'snout' and also the parachute.
    - Togepi uses Psychic to land the rocket.
    - Everyone's OK, but the rocket falls apart. Togepi is seen walking away, but turns to face the screen & *turns evil*. The smoke is in the shape of Togepi.
    - Ash & Co. are safe, & TR get stuck in the dungeon.
    *MADA MADA SUZUKU*

    Pretty nice episode. Kinda fun to see Togepi playing around. ^^

    BACK

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    This might be a bit of this threads point but someone made this pic of Togepi relating to today's episode (i felt this one was amusing so i am posting it here but many people might not like this one),
    http://i25.*******.com/11alh69.jpg

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Looks like I'm really going to enjoy this episode. I had no expectations for captures. I just wanted a badass Togepi, and it looks like I got my wish. Also, big LOL at confirming that Pikachu is all male...I'm sure a certain Buneary is quite thrilled.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  15. #15

    Default

    This episode looks weird...I mean, they end up going into space. :P

    I think there were some EVA references too...James did the Gendo Ikari pose (you know the one) at one part. :P

    Besides that, this episode looks fun.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ayase, Japan
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I think there were some EVA references too...James did the Gendo Ikari pose (you know the one) at one part. :P
    You mean this?

    It's kinda ironic because Musashi's VA is also a person who did voice for Rei. XD

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,933

    Default

    Dare I say this, but its kind of ironic there was no brief flashback to Misty's Togepi in this episode. Its like the writers have pretty much stopped Misty's cameos entirely, even of the flashback kind.

    Makes me wonder if we'll see scenes of her watching Ash in the Sinnoh league this time.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dare I say this, but its kind of ironic there was no brief flashback to Misty's Togepi in this episode. Its like the writers have pretty much stopped Misty's cameos entirely, even of the flashback kind.

    Makes me wonder if we'll see scenes of her watching Ash in the Sinnoh league this time.
    Wow, you must really want Misty to be eliminated don't you, you are honestly, IMO, trying to slyly convince Misty fans that Misty is supposedly irrelevant as you believe and you are trying to find every which way possible to try and make us paranoid.

    Well, it doesn't work on me.

    This episode was funny. It made me love Jessie and Yanmega even more, and also, James and Meowth.

    But the best part of the episode was:

    Buneary and Pikachu holding hands while landing. Lagomorshipping FTW! <3

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,933

    Default

    No its not that at all, I just kinda expected Ash/Brock to mention how different this Togepi was than Misty's, with a small flashback. I'm surprised to be honest they didn't bring it up.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dare I say this, but its kind of ironic there was no brief flashback to Misty's Togepi in this episode. Its like the writers have pretty much stopped Misty's cameos entirely, even of the flashback kind.

    Makes me wonder if we'll see scenes of her watching Ash in the Sinnoh league this time.
    the reason there no flash back it because they would have to remake the flasback because the newer episode are in widescreen.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    the reason there no flash back it because they would have to remake the flasback because the newer episode are in widescreen.
    That didn't stop them in other episodes. We've seen flashbacks to Kanto and Hoenn episodes with new animation in DP.

    We had a flashback to Ash waving goodbye to his Butterfree for instance not too long ago with new animation.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    My Imagination!
    Posts
    585

    Default

    ^I knew it, I knew you would say this, just because theres no flashback of Misty's togepi in this one doesn't mean Misty is forgotten.

    I think it's cool the genders of the pokemon are reveal, not that it was obivous before.
    Last edited by Melody93; 10th September 2009 at 6:32 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melody93 View Post
    ^I knew it, I knew you would say this, just because theres no flashback of Misty's togepi in this one doesn't mean Misty is forgotten.
    Nah, it does mean Misty has been forgotten.

    *troll*

    Love you guys.

    Episode was... pretty damn weird, but pretty damn epic as well. Bullet point summeries are the 'in thing' at the moment, so here's my attempt at getting down with you kids:

    -Meowth's Giovanni puppet was... bizarre. It's basically Meowth's equivilent of a blow up sex doll.

    Just made out of wood and strokes Meowth instead of having anything to do with sex whatsoever.

    -Jessie's Yanmega is female, cute.

    -Actually Rayquaza being in this episode was pretty awesome, even if it was just for a short appearence. Seeing the main characters go to space and back was a little... farfetch'd, but I guess Pokemon has done worse.

    -James in the Gendo pose made me smile a little too much.

    -Other than that the episode was fairly standard, bar evil Togepi hyjinks. I'm not sure if it's been used before, but did anyone catch the start of Roketto Dan Yo Eien Ni during the first eyecatch? I've only just started watching episodes again so this is new to me.

    -Never seen the Pichu ending before.

    *hates it*

    Basically Pichu Bros 2.0 ._.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    -Meowth's Giovanni puppet was... bizarre. It's basically Meowth's equivilent of a blow up sex doll.

    Just made out of wood and strokes Meowth instead of having anything to do with sex whatsoever
    .
    LOL EXACTLY what I was thinking XD when I saw that.

    Honestly I didnt like this episode, but like the post James did in the ship.

    And 5ilver is right o_o piplups a male ....and always wearing that pink dress in a contest.......???!
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 12th September 2009 at 1:07 AM.

  25. #25

    Default

    Man that is one nastly little togepi, its like it has two personalities. And I think its way to strong to be a wild pokemon. I'm revising my guess to that togepi probably belongs to a member of team galactic or team rocket (not JJ&M)
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

    Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

        Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •