Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! (610)

Laugh all you want, tis true.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The fact that the bunny is in love with Pikachu should have told you that it was male.

Not true. I've always believed it was male, but I don't assume without solid proof like this episode. At that point in time Buneary could have been........I think you know where I'm going. It may sound strange, but there's always a possibility.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Dare I say this, but its kind of ironic there was no brief flashback to Misty's Togepi in this episode. Its like the writers have pretty much stopped Misty's cameos entirely, even of the flashback kind.

Makes me wonder if we'll see scenes of her watching Ash in the Sinnoh league this time.
    the reason there no flash back it because they would have to remake the flasback because the newer episode are in widescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    the reason there no flash back it because they would have to remake the flasback because the newer episode are in widescreen.
    That didn't stop them in other episodes. We've seen flashbacks to Kanto and Hoenn episodes with new animation in DP.

We had a flashback to Ash waving goodbye to his Butterfree for instance not too long ago with new animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    -Meowth's Giovanni puppet was... bizarre. It's basically Meowth's equivilent of a blow up sex doll.

Just made out of wood and strokes Meowth instead of having anything to do with sex whatsoever
    LOL EXACTLY what I was thinking XD when I saw that.

Honestly I didnt like this episode, but like the post James did in the ship.

And 5ilver is right o_o piplups a male ....and always wearing that pink dress in a contest.......???!
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 12th September 2009 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    This episode looks awesome, I can't wait to see it dubbed.

Genderless until real proof is given.

He didn't even imply that.
    You see I at first didn't think there would be a flashback till CC mention it, funny how I predicted Misty would be in the opening but change my mind cause others here didn't think it would happen and I turn out to be right.

Once again CC came up with an prediction just so he can argue a point, I can't believe I fell for it too, I got my hopes up at the end when Ash looks up that he'd mention her like he did with Angie in the begining of the Floating Monster epi, so I sighed and thought "well at least I'll see her during the leadge" Then CC says that...

I remember when I first talked CC about Advanceshipping being the 2nd most popular ship (at the time of 2005) as it being another reason we pokeshippers hated AS. Some say I was to quick to judge him but now that I've got to know him better... well ... I think I hate his guts even more ...but now I think I've figured him out, and won't be falling for his predictions that's purpose is to start a debate about something.
    Last edited by Melody93; 12th September 2009 at 1:32 AM.

-Blah blah TR blah
    -Togepi?!
    -Evil Togepi.
    -Bad remix. Again.
    -I think I'll just skip all the boring parts so I can watch a solid block of Togepi wandering along then suddenly breaking into its evil face.
    -How does a tiny little egg manage to eat that much food at once?
    -Haha, a James room with bottlecaps proudly displayed like badges.
    -I could watch Togepi making people miserable all day.
    -This episode makes no sense whatsoever. Awesome.
    -Are they all in an actual rocket now?
    -Haha, Happiny VS Togepi! For once, baby Pokemon aren't incredibly annoying!
    -Rayquaza's there guarding the ozone layer. Yup.
    -Aaaaannnnd back to earth.
    -I have no idea what happened in this episode, but it was awesome.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

HoennMaster,

Did you even watch the episode?

There is a scene where Togepi uses 'attract' on Pikachu, Piplup, Croagunk, Meowth, and Yanmega.

The move did not work on Yanmega because it was female while it worked on other four Pokemon.

Are you saying this isn't a solid proof?

That is 1 messed up togepi O_o.

HoennMaster this is pokemon ur talking about. No male pokemon can be love with other male pokemon and same thing with females.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Uh, this episode was unbeleivalbe. In many episodes, they do the impossible, and in DP, it strikes high. Let's pull a list of what would have killed Ash and Co otherwise.
    ~Getting Twiggy With It!
    ~Sanshrew's Locker
    ~Fighting Fear With Fear
    ~Chim-Charred
    ~Cheers on Castway Isle!
    ~Trails and Adulations!
    ~(the Luxio episode)
    ~The Worst Togepi in History!

That's just in DP, the stupid stunts.
    Also, they get something wrong with dawn (Eww) and that Togepi should've been caught.
    Rayquaza attacking was like... wrong.
    And a rocket? Team Rocket? (pun, badly)
    Lol episode 1000/100%.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

For a filler, this episode was pretty good. It was pretty clever of that Togepi to use its cuteness to hide its mischievous personality. Togepi & Happiny's little fight was kinda funny. Plus, it was awesome how Ash & co. went into space (a first) & saw Rayquaza. I don't think this the last we'll see of mischievous Togepi. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it returns in a future episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    For a filler, this episode was pretty good. It was pretty clever of that Togepi to use its cuteness to hide its mischievous personality. Togepi & Happiny's little fight was kinda funny. Plus, it was awesome how Ash & co. went into space (a first) & saw Rayquaza. I don't think this the last we'll see of mischievous Togepi. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it returns in a future episode.
    If it does return, this eppy won't be consider a filler then.

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    HoennMaster,

Did you even watch the episode?

There is a scene where Togepi uses 'attract' on Pikachu, Piplup, Croagunk, Meowth, and Yanmega.

The move did not work on Yanmega because it was female while it worked on other four Pokemon.

Are you saying this isn't a solid proof?
    And just how do you know Togepi's gender? How do you know it was female?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    And just how do you know Togepi's gender? How do you know it was female?
    For one thing, Jessie remarked that if Attract worked on Meowth, it must be female. Then later, she concluded that since it didn't work on Yanmega, it must be female as well. And Yanmega confirmed that. There was absolutely no indication that Jessie was wrong with either of her assumptions.
    Brock also explicitly states that Attract just doesn't work against Pokémon of the same gender.

As for my personal opinion on this episode, there was some crazy stuff involved and I absolutely loved it.

It really felt like the script writer had a "lulz :D" moment when he created this, especially with the spontaneous revelation that Yanmega is female.
    I honestly doubt that it was planned that way from the getgo, but rather thrown in as another tidbit of roflcopterness after making sure that nothing in previous episodes would explicitly contradict that. Kiyotaka Furushima officially has the craziest roster of characters a VA voices now.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I'm surprised they directly confirmed the gender of YANMEGA of all things. 0.o

That's like the only character development it's got, yet it's just so unexpected lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I'm surprised they directly confirmed the gender of YANMEGA of all things. 0.o

That's like the only character development it's got, yet it's just so unexpected lol.
    Yea it is lol.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

This episode got me thinking, has Ash ever seen Giovanni's face before in the Anime (excluding the movies)? That Mount Rocketmore thing is the first time I can remember Ash ever seeing Giovanni's likeness at all.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This was certainly one of the odd episodes that leaves me with more questions than answers :S

I loved that Togepi. 8/10 just for that.

An EPIC comedy episode in DP? About time you´d think.

Some much awesome stuff in one episode, I don´t know where to start...so I won´t.

The only thing that bugged me were the reuses of the "Togepi frees Satoshi&friends"-scene over and over again...but...oh well. Everything else was EPIC.

Gendo James was the icing on the cake...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Great episode.
    I loved how Togepi used flamethrower, great move for it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

One of my favourites in the saga so far.9.5/10

I want this evil tyke to be recurring, it's THAT evil. Be the next Jigglypuff please.
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    I want this evil tyke to be recurring, it's THAT evil. Be the next Jigglypuff please.
    How about that Teddiursa back in Johto?
    Ash's team right now

Quote Originally Posted by realarcastform View Post
    I like the idea of it appearing again but comparing it to Jigglypuff? Jiggly wasn't evil.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    How about that Teddiursa back in Johto?
    Not sure Teddiursa was evil per se. Though I like where you're going with this.

Not everyday you see a twisted yet cute Pokemon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast