Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where No Togepi Has Gone Before! (610)

To be honest I do not understand what all that exaggerated hype is about... What was so special about today's episode?
    I for one don't know what to make of it, and quite frankly, I didn't enjoy the episode much.
    Sure, it was entertaining at the beginning with all those twists and turns and many hilarious scenes like Mount Rocketmore, but it got worse and worse as it proceeded. The level of negativity ,so to speak, then reached its climax during the scenes in the rocket which defied physics, reason and logic:

-How can Buneary cool down the whole rocket while not destroying or at least freezing the cockpit, as it obviously launched Ice Beam inside the cockpit?
    - How IN THE WORLD can explosions caused by two not all too powerful attacks make a heavy rocket turn around? This was by far the worst moment in today's episode...
    I mean, we have indeed already seen collisions of attacks which were strong enough to blast people away or fill a whole stadium with smoke and resembled the detonation of an atomic bomb (as in the battle between Her Majesty Cynthia vs. Loser Palmer in the opening of the 12th movie). But firstly, with all due respect for Ash's and Dawn's Pokemon, this is not Garchomp we're talking about and secondly, two rather ordinary attacks just can't turn a whole rocket(!) around.
    - How come the rocket managed to land at EXACTLY the same spot from where it also started? Come on writers...common sense please...

No, I can't help it...I'm not satisfied with this episode. And the fact that there were also some witty elements in it didn't help either, because they were outnumbered by those scenes with logical mistakes, some of which I mentioned above.

All in all, a rather underwhelming and sometimes even shocking episode (no, not because of Togepi's evil grin, but because of the blatant logical flaws)
    I'm afraid that today's episode was all grist for the mill of the opponents of Pokemon.
    Thank God, Rayquaza had a short cameo. This fantastic Pokemon saved the day

5 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quick question: Was there an added dub line when Togepi left, when Meowth said "We'll finish this another time?"

If so, I'm kind of interested in a possible Happiny/Togepi rivalry showing up. Interesting episode to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

To the people saying there were too many unexplained/physically illogical elements, yellow rats spewing 1000s of volts of electricity says hi.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I know in the dub Togepi's phychic-type move was Psychic, but wasn't in JP it was Extrasensory? (since in HGSS it learns that for an egg move) Or was I just mistaken?
    (Still a great episode though! ^^ That was just bugging me )
    Was it a beam of yellowish light? (I haven't seen the episode since last year).

If it was, then yeah it was extrasensory, if it wasn't, it was another Psychic move.

Here is how it looks in the anime.

OMG I LOVED LOVE LOVED this episode! lol

Evil Togepi was great I do hope we see it again to continue the duel against Happiny

and Brock Actually DID something!

Loved Team Rocket when the rocket fell: All together now!!

Jessiee finds out her yanmega is female! LOL : you're female!? Yanmega: Yan meg ga *all blushin* LOL

Wow I have not laughed so much for an episode in a long time it was totally off the wall and I loved it!

Evil togepi:Toge! Toge!!!
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 31st January 2010 at 2:09 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by ryodragonite View Post
    And now I know for sure that piplups a boy why does dawn dress him like a girl?
    Remember how strongly it feels about Dawn, and combine that with its embarrassed reaction upon being dressed in a little maid outfit in the maid cafe episode (which was already a hint of its maleness). So it can be concluded that Piplup doesn't necessarily like it but does it anyway because Dawn wants it to.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, there you have it folks, Pikachu's a boy. Not that I doubted it, but finally, the doubters can be put to rest (seriously? you thought he was a girl?)

And honestly, if you want to complain about logical flaws and the laws of physics, don't watch Pokemon. That's kind of what the show does - defies the laws of physics. Hello? It's a fictional cartoon show. The whole point of animation is to be able to do stuff that just plain doesn't make sense. And it's more fun that way It really begs the question of why are you watching anyway?

Kthanxbye

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Karen, Final member of GSC Elite 4.

If you battle using your favorite Pokémon simply because they're you faves, copy and paste this into your sig.
    -Started by Lucario Master Chris

There is no "Water Pokemon Curse." It is fanmade speculation by those who are freakishly obsessed with evolution. So... to get everyone straight... ASH'S WATER POKEMON CAN EVOLVE IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT!!! If they don't evolve then they don't want to and if you got a problem with it too bad for you. Find something else to complain about.

Also,We found out that Piplup is a dude.I like the part in space with Raquzza.I hope there will be a continuation of the Evil Togepi and Happiny duel.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

One of the best episodes I've ever seen since the anime started. It was funny to see how Ash and co kept falling into pitfalls into the same cell all the time. I can't believe Jessie didn't know her own Yanmega was female all this time. She should have known that as its been in her possession for long enough. That evil Togepi was awesome and Pikachu's gender is confirmed here.

Best episode.

Great seeing Raquzza and Togapi is so Evil for or just cute pokemon.
    I havn't seen Togapi for ages.

Yammega is a female! I though it where male!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Was it a beam of yellowish light? (I haven't seen the episode since last year).

If it was, then yeah it was extrasensory, if it wasn't, it was another Psychic move.

Here is how it looks in the anime.
    Ok, thanks! ^^ Like I said it was bugging me. I read somewhere that people were saying it was Extrasensory (like when the ep. first aired in JP, or something like that...and since moves are used differently in some cases I wasn't sure) Psychic is more logical anyways so yeah! ^^
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Okay, why did Togepi want to fly to the edge of the universe? There's not a lot of call for that, is there? Plus, even if Jessie, James, Ash, Brock, and Dawn hadn't interfered, Rayquaza would have. Togepi didn't know that, of course, but it was still no less startling to anyone else than it was to her.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Okay, why did Togepi want to fly to the edge of the universe? There's not a lot of call for that, is there? Plus, even if Jessie, James, Ash, Brock, and Dawn hadn't interfered, Rayquaza would have. Togepi didn't know that, of course, but it was still no less startling to anyone else than it was to her.
    for adventure..no reason... according to the. I'm tired... I'm gonna go home line from togepi... it was just playing like it's an everyday thing for it to just cause some mayhem!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I've been waiting for this episode. It was just as good as it was months ago.

Anyway, Piplup's gender was known before this episode.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

that togepi was really creepy

An interesting episode. Kind of brings a conflict when you thing about how every Togepi is supposed to be filled with happiness. But I guess, like Dawn said, every rose has it's thorns. I thought it was pretty cool seeing all the moves Togepi can learn. Made me think about how much potential Misty's Togepi had. As for the Happiny/Togepi rivalry, that's just plain awesome hopefully if this Togepi IS the one Dawn will be catching, we'll see more of that.

I give it a: 9.2/10.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Togepi was sort of funny in this episode.It reminds me of the Johto
    Episode,UnBEARable.It also had a sweet pokemon that is part evil.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

You know, I just really have to comment on this one.

With the Pokedex description it has on Togepi, you'd think there'd be no such thing as an evil one. This episode really proved that one wrong. It was funny seeing it all happen though.

On top of that, Pikachu's gender is revealed. The debate is FINALLY over! Not that I had any doubts he was male in the first place.

Also, I do enjoy the Evil Togepi/Happiny rivalry. I hope we get to see more of this little bundle of evil. I'd love it if we did.

I really liked this episode, a very fun filler episode to watch.

I found Giovanni's "marionette" doll or whatever it is very frightening though, how in the world they come up with this?

Togepi is just evil, i love that unexpected personality in a pokemon.It was tough too! We got to know Yanmega and the evil Togepi are female thanks to attract, nice move
    Last edited by NES; 2nd February 2010 at 11:07 AM.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rougela View Post
    You know, I just really have to comment on this one.

With the Pokedex description it has on Togepi, you'd think there'd be no such thing as an evil one. This episode really proved that one wrong. It was funny seeing it all happen though.
    And it also proves Ekans wrong in Island Of The Giant Pokemon even if you take Meowth out the picture.

Perhaps Ekans mistook it because majority of Pokemon aren't naturally bad-hearted.Of course,there's also Spiritomb,considering what it did it could be considered one of the most naturally evil Pokemon in the anime series

Also,what was Togepi's ultimate evil motive with the rocket and going into space?The idea of an evil Togepi planning on taking over the world seems awesome

Oh,and I see Rayquaza got out of Team Rocket's clutches.Hopefully we'll see more of the underused legendary{I'm still angry at the Aqua/Magma conclusion for not using Rayquaza}

Oh,and it was obvious Pikachu is a male even before this.Even if they weren't bothered in changing the tail at the D/P arc,Buneary had a big crush on him,and the PC people don't want Pokelesbians.And I always knew Piplup was male,with it's attitude
    Last edited by RedJirachi; 4th February 2010 at 2:56 AM. Reason: Adding stuff
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by BogleDominic Crazy Anime View Post
    Best episode.

Great seeing Raquzza and Togapi is so Evil for or just cute pokemon.
    I havn't seen Togapi for ages.

Yammega is a female! I though it where male!
    Best summed up with:

Jessise: "wait, your a girl?!"

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    I've been waiting for this episode. It was just as good as it was months ago.
    I was actually a bit apprehensive about this episode, but good lord, it was hilarious!

Anyway, Piplup's gender was known before this episode.
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by glowing_light010 View Post
    As for the Happiny/Togepi rivalry, that's just plain awesome hopefully if this Togepi IS the one Dawn will be catching, we'll see more of that.

I give it a: 9.2/10.
    Hehehe, no.

I have to say, I was thoroughly lmao at this episode. I actually thought it was funny how the lever to the cage was right outside the cage, yet they never really bothered with it once.

The whole scene in the rocket was pretty funny too; kind of reminded me of those typical scenes involving the "bridge" so to speak.

Evil Togepi was cunning and amusing, glad to see it had a twisted sense of humour to boot.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

That Togepi was just strange lol. It freaked me out anyway
    I liked how Ash and the others plus Team Rocket were able to work together although I had to laugh at Happiny and Togepis battle. I didnt quite get the Togepi going into space thing but I kinda shrugged it off. Nice to see Togepi again even though it was evil lol

Finally got to see this episode. It was amazing as usual. xD That Togepi sure was amazing, especially for tricking the gang 3 times by going up the elevator and back down the pit traps. xD

And wow, Yanmega was a girl the whole time. :O What a way to show the genders of the gang's Pokemon. :P

And the whole battle rivalry between Togepi and Happiny was pretty cool, but really amazing the gang was in outer space. :O Especially seeing Raquaza, I would've been shocked.

Great episode Ill say, and the HD finally worked this time on my tv. x3

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This is one of the best episodes in a long time and one of the most WTF as well. I was talking about it at dinner the next day, and a guy who hadn't seen any Pokemon since the Orange Islands was intrigued enough to come watch it, and a couple of my other friends are planning to come see it later. Everyone wants to see Evil Togepi!

And, you know, of all the Pokemon I might have considered acquiring an archenemy, Happiny wasn't even on the list? That was a little stroke of genius right there.

One semi-serious note- it was interesting that Dawn was the first one to figure out who was behind it, even if Ash and Brock convinced her she was wrong.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast