Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Shiny Discussion Thread

Default Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Shiny Discussion Thread

(*coughmakeofficialoneguyscough*)

Welcome to the unofficial (Cause it ain't approved by a staff member ='D) Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Shiny Discussion Thread. Use this thread to do your "YAY I CAUGHT SHINY <insert>!" here. Except there are some rules to follow (Don't you just luff rules? <3)...

1) Do not under any circumstance double post. If it falls to page 2, do not "bump" the topic. That can be deemed spam and we don't need that cluttering this topic. Thank you.

2) Please type out 4 sentences of detail not just "I GOT SHINY METAPOD!" or "I don't have a shiny...". Put some thought into it.

3) Try to use correct grammar and punctuation. I understand typos happen (trust me, I'm the god of making typos.), but try not to use what is known as "chat" or "leet/1337" speak. It can annoy a lot of people and not all that funny. I understand in some cases its alright to use it but don't abuse it (Ex. Pwn, ZOMG, W00T, n00bz0rz, etc.).

4) Do not flame anyone. Yes, it is the internet but emotions still exist and you have to consider how a message may be received by the other person. I don't think anyone wants to come into this topic and have to see a 3-page "You suck!" fight nor should anyone feel insulted.

Thank you.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Right now, since the game is only out in Japan, please only post about your shinies IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE HEARTGOLD/SOULSILVER.
    Alpha SapphireL

Well, since you can see the shiny sprites of the starters before even picking one, it's quite easy to get a shiny one. I completed SS, so I'm now SRing for a shiny starter on HG. You can easily do 6 resets, maybe 7 in a minute, so that makes 21 starters in 1 single minute, making it 1260 in 1 hour. It shouldn't take longer than a day or 3 to get it, unless I'm really unlucky.

My last 1/8192 shiny was back in December 2008, it was Torchic in Sapphire. In June I hatched a Shiny Caterpie while trying to get good IV's. The Ditto was Japanese though so that makes it 1/2048. But I still got it on the first hatch I did, which makes it a great trophy ^^

Anyways, as you can see I'm in a real shiny drought, so I hope HG will reward me with an awesome shiny starter soon.

Good luck to all fellow hunters, let HG/SS be a shiny machine for you =p
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerealm View Post
    Well, since you can see the shiny sprites of the starters before even picking one, it's quite easy to get a shiny one. I completed SS, so I'm now SRing for a shiny starter on HG. You can easily do 6 resets, maybe 7 in a minute, so that makes 21 starters in 1 single minute, making it 1260 in 1 hour. It shouldn't take longer than a day or 3 to get it, unless I'm really unlucky.

My last 1/8192 shiny was back in December 2008, it was Torchic in Sapphire. In June I hatched a Shiny Caterpie while trying to get good IV's. The Ditto was Japanese though so that makes it 1/2048. But I still got it on the first hatch I did, which makes it a great trophy ^^

Anyways, as you can see I'm in a real shiny drought, so I hope HG will reward me with an awesome shiny starter soon.

Good luck to all fellow hunters, let HG/SS be a shiny machine for you =p
    I don't know where you got the idea that you can do 6 or 7 SR's per minute, but you can't.

Unless of course your counting each view of each starter as a SR, in which case, your definition of SR is totally wrong. SR means pressing Start+Select+L+R.

It doesn't mean viewing as many Pokemon as possible. Thats called encountering.

HG/SS starter SRing equates to 3 encounters per SR, not 3 SR's.

Thats like saying grabbing 50 abra in LG's game corner equates to 50 SR's, when its actually 50 encounters.

Now if your actually saying you can do 6 or 7 normal SR's per minute, your wrong again.

I've timed the startup sequence, and it takes roughly 20 seconds to get through one entire SR, which means you can only get in 2-3 SR's per minute.

Your way of speaking makes it sound like you can through a SR in under 10 seconds which is impossible.

So unless your using a rom(or you've done something to the DS to make it work faster), can you explain how your completing a SR in under 10 seconds.

I've been SRing for 3 days now, and i've not seen any shinies, nor have i seen any way of SRing thats as fast as you think it is.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 20th September 2009 at 12:41 PM.

Hi, pokerealm..

Anyways, I encountered a Shiny right now.

its a nidoran M. In bu catching contest tough =/

Unfortunately through out my entire pok&#233;mon experience, I've only managed to catch two different shiny pok&#233;mon. The first, very obvious one is the guarenteed Shiny Gyarados in lake rage. The second...I made a joke on this forum back in the import D/P days about how I bet my first shiny pok&#233;mon would be an unown. Low and behold...a friggin' unown was my shiny.

My luck seems to following the same pattern in Soul Silver. Of course, I did manage to get an adamant shiny Gyarados in three soft resets.Though, it's nothing special due to the fact it's that guarenteed one. (That, and I have no idea what's its IVs are until my boyfriend wakes up. I bet their garbage though due to my luck ): )

Presently, I'm working on soft resetting Bill's eevee. Regardless if it has a bad nature, I must obtain one for the sheer purpose of shiny umbreon.

Hopefully everyone will else will have far better luck than myself <3

*~*~*~*Pokemon Fan since 09/29/98*~*~*~*~
    Rainbow Houndour by Mega Trickster, Recolor Houndour
    and Houndour banner by Slicing_Scizor. Thank you guys <3333

My first shiny on soul silver :
    new : others : Feebass, Growlithe, Scyther, Straly, Ledian, Cubone, Elekid, Darkrai, Tauros, Larvitar, Bagon, Pachirisu, Slakoth, Houndoom, Absol, Shaymin, Bronsly, Ponyta, Mewtwo, Latias, Shinx, Giratina, Roselia, Latios, Zangoose, Carvanha, Magikarp, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Sandshrew, Swablu, Deoxys, Chikorita, Snorlax, Charmander, Abra, Eevee, Dratini, Gyarados, Groudon, Lapras, Pelipper, Beldum, Rayquaza, Mudkip, Makuhita, Crobat, Exeggutor, Zapdos, Articuno.
    Pictures on : http://pelican67.skyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pelican View Post
    My first shiny on soul silver :
    Wow, congrats on the shiny chikorita.

Can i ask how long it took, and how many SR's did you manage in a minute?
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 20th September 2009 at 10:22 PM.

Thumbs down

I have yet to encounter my first shiny in Heart Gold, except for Gyarados of course~ Does anyone remember the increased chance of shinies in the orginal GSC by breeding a shiny with a normal Pokémon? (1/64 I believe it was) Since we don't have the PokéRadar anymore to chain our way to shinies, could this feature have made a return? Anyone been experimenting with this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerealm View Post
    In June I hatched a Shiny Caterpie while trying to get good IV's. The Ditto was Japanese though so that makes it 1/2048.
    Wait. What? Using a foreign Pokémon will increase the chance of a shiny while breeding? In which games is this?

Pokemon White 1506 4989 6621

*Sniffle* I had a shiny Nidoking in Silver...then I lost my game...and when I found it...the dust got into the cartridge...gone.

I'm either going to have to hack or trade...

HeartGold and SoulSilver

I'm ready. The final conquest awaits...

Quote Originally Posted by Pasukaru View Post
    I have yet to encounter my first shiny in Heart Gold, except for Gyarados of course~ Does anyone remember the increased chance of shinies in the orginal GSC by breeding a shiny with a normal Pokémon? (1/64 I believe it was) Since we don't have the PokéRadar anymore to chain our way to shinies, could this feature have made a return? Anyone been experimenting with this yet?

Wait. What? Using a foreign Pokémon will increase the chance of a shiny while breeding? In which games is this?
    In all fourth gen games, I believe, breeding two Pokemon that are each from different countries will increase the chance of the baby being shiny. For English players, Japanese Ditto are fairly standard fare for this purpose.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

I really hope to get a Shiny in this game, I have played all the Pokemon games ( I have all the versions) and my last shiny was in original Silver a feeeew years ago. Lets see I have better luck now.

I got myself a shiny Totodile in SoulSilver. It appeared 5 resets into a new game and it has a Hardy nature. It took about 450 or so SR's.

I was EV training it in Attack when I ran into a completely random shiny Pidgey. I wasn't expecting to get a shiny while I was training. Good thing I caught a Sentret earlier, because my Totodile was at Lvl 20 and would have fainted it.

Like my shiny Totodile, Pidgey has a neutral nature(Docile). I have since evolve shiny Totodile into a Feraligatr. I'm currently resetting for a shiny Lugia at the moment, I have a Timid synchronize in the front, so hopefully when it appears, synch will work.

One of the good tidbits I like about this game is that shiny hunting's back to being Nintendo Hard to do, 'less you know about RNG abuse.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Pasukaru View Post
    I have yet to encounter my first shiny in Heart Gold, except for Gyarados of course~ Does anyone remember the increased chance of shinies in the orginal GSC by breeding a shiny with a normal Pok&#233;mon? (1/64 I believe it was) Since we don't have the Pok&#233;Radar anymore to chain our way to shinies, could this feature have made a return? Anyone been experimenting with this yet?
    It will not because shinyness back in the 2nd Gen games was determined by the Pokemon's IVs. If the Pokemon had certain IVs, it was shiny, therefore there was a 1/64 chance the parent's exact IVs were passed down to the child, thus bringing forth the 1/64 chance shiny breeding in GSC.

Since shinyness is determined differently since the 3rd Gen onwards, this won't make a return. If it did, it would create too many problems.

I feel lucky to be one of the very first people on this forum that has SR'd a shiny Chikorita on HGSS (first in the Shiny Club for Chikorita!).
    Mine came a couple of days ago, at only 381 SRs. Sorry for the poor webcam cameras. I was fiddling with the saturation a day before. ;O;
        Spoiler:- Terrible webcam shiny Chiko pics:

I'm currently Soft Resetting for another shiny HGSS starter. I've passed 700SRs so far (so that's more than what I did for my Chikorita), so hopefully I'll be posting here again with another update. <:
    Proud member of the Shiny Hunters United forum! Love shiny hunting? Join us!

I'm currently SRing for a shiny Chikorita.
    I just started though, and I'm at roughly 50 SRs.
    So hopefully all goes well.

I got my first shiny on Heart Gold a couple of days ago. It was a shiny Rattata, with a quirky nature.

I caught it in a random encounter on route 32. It appeared in a square of grass just below an item I was heading towards.
    Last edited by peppy7; 21st September 2009 at 6:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xTheNewbreed View Post
    I'm either going to have to hack or trade...
    Dont hack, that ruins the fun for everyone....
    There's a guy on youtube that hacks shinies and trades them to people... anything they want... and it takes the fun and excitement out of it... not to mention shiny pokemon arent special if everyone has one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    I hate nature for designing ugly things!!! Animals are supposed to be cute. This is unacceptable! I mean a spider is kinda cool but this is taking it too far!!! Clearly Gaia has run out of ideas.

Also 'orange' worst. name. for. a. fruit. ever.
    VERSION 2

my first shiny in HGSS is a magicarp i was fishing for a chinchou and it popped out now i have 2 red gyarados
    Time to join DARKNESSdont worry i dont BITE!

I was sitting there soft resetting for a Bold Lugia and a shiny one popped up. Was a tad shocked by that! Too bad it's Lonely, so it's completely useless for my original purpose.

Oh, and of course the red Gyrados. I should've thought of SRing for Nature. *pouts* Maybe next playthrough then once I've gotten everything else and I'm just farming the game. =P

I was training in the route near Olivine City and I came across a Shiny Miltank. Caught it with an Ultra Ball.

My shinies in Ruby so far.

In all my days of playing the Pokemon games, I have only ever caught ONE shiny Pokemon (apart from Red Gyarados). In the original Silver Verision I caught a Shiny Machop...

I was hoping I could encounter another Shiny in Soul Silver but so far, no luck. I've completed the game and now I'm just running around catching all the Pokemon I missed at the start of the game, hopefully I encounter one soon...

I'm jealous of everyone who catches them by luck! Hahaha!
    Pokemon SOUL SILVER

The Party:

Lugia: 57, Golem: 57, Red Gyarados: 58, Typhlosion: 56, Fearow: 57, Togekiss: 57
    Current Status: Training party to defeat Red
    Yes, I am a girl, and yes, I am a PokeManiac

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Wow, congrats on the shiny chikorita.

Can i ask how long it took, and how many SR's did you manage in a minute?
    I made about 800 SR before encounter. It take about 25 seconds for a SR.
    Just before I also made more than 4500 eggs with 2 parents from different land on my pearl game without shiny ...
    new : others : Feebass, Growlithe, Scyther, Straly, Ledian, Cubone, Elekid, Darkrai, Tauros, Larvitar, Bagon, Pachirisu, Slakoth, Houndoom, Absol, Shaymin, Bronsly, Ponyta, Mewtwo, Latias, Shinx, Giratina, Roselia, Latios, Zangoose, Carvanha, Magikarp, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Sandshrew, Swablu, Deoxys, Chikorita, Snorlax, Charmander, Abra, Eevee, Dratini, Gyarados, Groudon, Lapras, Pelipper, Beldum, Rayquaza, Mudkip, Makuhita, Crobat, Exeggutor, Zapdos, Articuno.
    Pictures on : http://pelican67.skyblog.com/

What's the deal on SR? Does it work by simply just saving in front of the starter Pokemon and hitting the button combo until one appears? I'd like to think that their stats are entirely randomized as soon as you talk to them and not before you enter Elm's lab. If so, I may be wasting a lot of time.

My sprite thread, onoez!
    PALKIA is my SPACIAL FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by Skaisdead View Post
    What's the deal on SR? Does it work by simply just saving in front of the starter Pokemon and hitting the button combo until one appears? I'd like to think that their stats are entirely randomized as soon as you talk to them and not before you enter Elm's lab. If so, I may be wasting a lot of time.
    Yup that's how it works, save before it, then start SR until you may get a glimpse of it..
    Some time ago I saw a shiny Natu but yeah it has teleport..whatever.
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast