Page 189 of 234 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5834

Thread: Official HG/SS Help Thread

In the Bug Contest i usually just spammed balls until I caught the damn thing.

off-topic; i'm only missing Deoxys to get one of all pokemon in my pc. (serious lack of hoenn/sinnoh pokemon in hgss is a pain.)
    Soul Silver [JPN] National Dex: COMPLETE
    Black [JPN] National Dex: COMPLETE
    Black 2 [JPN] National Dex: In Progess
    B2FC:
    3268-1310-9057

I have a question that I don't think can be easily solved by one person, though I may be wrong. What I'm looking for is a comprehensive list of all places in the game where you use rock climb. I noticed a ton of them during the game, but since you don't get rock climb till you get all 16 badges I'm not sure where all the places are that I need to use it at.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplEFy View Post
    I have a question that I don't think can be easily solved by one person, though I may be wrong. What I'm looking for is a comprehensive list of all places in the game where you use rock climb. I noticed a ton of them during the game, but since you don't get rock climb till you get all 16 badges I'm not sure where all the places are that I need to use it at.
    I posted a few of the locations a while back. In Johto the main places with Rock Climb steps are:
    -Mt. Mortar
    -Mt. Silver
    -National Park
    -Route 39
    -Cherrygrove City

In Kanto I believe these are the locations:
    -Cerulean Cave
    -Cinnabar Island

I might have missed some so anyone can correct me.

I decided to say "screw the Bug-Catching Contest," but then I figured, "Hey, I might just catch a Scyther with Technician. Let's see how that works out!

Speaking of Scyther, I have two more questions, one of which has to deal with Scyther and Scizor. First off, I'm thinking of using a Pokewalker Doduo on my HeartGold team, but only if it has the right ability. Does the Pokewalker Doduo in the beginning course (can't be assed to look it up) come with only one ability, or can it have either of its abilities?

Now for the Scyther/Scizor question. If I have a Scyther with Technician (it could have Swarm instead, I suppose), teach it Aerial Ace, and evolve it to Scizor, Aerial Ace would lose STAB, but is Scizor's increased Attack stat enough to make up for it?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Now for the Scyther/Scizor question. If I have a Scyther with Technician (it could have Swarm instead, I suppose), teach it Aerial Ace, and evolve it to Scizor, Aerial Ace would lose STAB, but is Scizor's increased Attack stat enough to make up for it?
    Considering STAB is a 2x bonus, wouldn't Scizor have to have twice the attack of Scyther?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I dont know whether either nobody heard me or just didn't know the answer but I'll repeat myself. Say I had a japanese game cart but lived in America, could I have downloaded, say, the Yellow Forest event or would I have had to have waited for the US release of the event?
    If you think the UK gets a raw deal by not getting special download events, copy and paste this into your sig (Started by loopy100)

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Village Leader: wait- what are we going to bomb it with?
    Local cantankerous octogenerian: *whips out stick of dynamite*
    Local Electrode: *rolls off sulking*

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbityboo View Post
    I dont know whether either nobody heard me or just didn't know the answer but I'll repeat myself. Say I had a japanese game cart but lived in America, could I have downloaded, say, the Yellow Forest event or would I have had to have waited for the US release of the event?
    The games only know how to connect to their regional server. So you can download any event whose region corresponds with your own anywhere in the world.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I remember in GSC, wild Dratini would flee from me in the Dragons Den among other things.

Do they still do that? Or have the fleeing Pokemon been relegated to the Safari Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Considering STAB is a 2x bonus, wouldn't Scizor have to have twice the attack of Scyther?
    Hum...
    STAB is x1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Hum...
    STAB is x1.5
    Oh yeah.

In that case we should assume Scizor should 1.5 times the attack of Scyther.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Togekiss View Post
    I remember in GSC, wild Dratini would flee from me in the Dragons Den among other things.

Do they still do that? Or have the fleeing Pokemon been relegated to the Safari Zone?
    I would assume they can still flee, what else would the Fast Ball be good for? Just Lati@s and the legendary gerbils?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Question..

Is there a move re-learner in HGSS?

you know like the one in pastoria city in platinum..
    3DS Friend Code: 3711-7030-6999

PLATINUM: Elliot @ 0604-1806-0050

HEARTGOLD: Lyle @ 5414-2148-0188

WHITE: Terry @ 1678-3060-4834

WHITE 2: Cecil @ 5372-8208-0387

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
    Question..

Is there a move re-learner in HGSS?

you know like the one in pastoria city in platinum..
    Yes, in Blackthorn City.

see "Blackthorn - Elemental Beams"

1978年5月18日 岐阜県で起こった連続殺人事件。
    死者13名、負傷者52名 凶器 ハサミ―。

Using Pokemon Black/White Wi-Fi Club
    Using Pokemon Global Link

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I posted a few of the locations a while back. In Johto the main places with Rock Climb steps are:
    -Mt. Mortar
    -Mt. Silver
    -National Park
    -Route 39
    -Cherrygrove City

In Kanto I believe these are the locations:
    -Cerulean Cave
    -Cinnabar Island
    -Diglett's Cave

I might have missed some so anyone can correct me.

See the bold.......... (is that 10?)
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    See the bold.......... (is that 10?)
    I missed one, oh noes. That's eight, unless there's more missing lol. I don't recall the ones in caves very well because usually the caves are dark (I don't use Flash) or I just don't notice.

Edit: Actually there is another location, the Route 47/48 area has one that you must climb in order to reach the location of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. So nine apparently.
    Last edited by Lorde; 25th February 2010 at 1:53 AM.

I'm thinking of using a Dodrio on my HeartGold team, so I'm trying to learn as much about the Pokewalker as I can before March 14th. Does a Group A Pokemon have a lower chance of appearing than a Group C Pokemon, or do all groups have the same rarity?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

i sincerely apologize if this has been answered before but I'm having trouble with the Pal Park.

i have made it to fuschia city... a long time ago in fact. and yet, i still dont get the option to migrate pokemon on the main menu. is there anything additional required to use it? i.e. all the badges, ect. i was under the impression all you had to do was make it there to begin using it.

thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Chick View Post
    i sincerely apologize if this has been answered before but I'm having trouble with the Pal Park.

i have made it to fuschia city... a long time ago in fact. and yet, i still dont get the option to migrate pokemon on the main menu. is there anything additional required to use it? i.e. all the badges, ect. i was under the impression all you had to do was make it there to begin using it.

thank you in advance.
    First off, I must ask, are you using a Japanese GBA cartridge to Pal Park from? You cannot Pal Park from a foreign cartridge.

that would be the problem then. i was under the impression pokemon didnt have language barriers between games anymore XD [using an English game]

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Chick View Post
    that would be the problem then. i was under the impression pokemon didnt have language barriers between games anymore XD [using an English game]

thank you.
    Haha no problem. The only thing new about the Pal Park in HG/SS is that you are no longer limited to just transfering 6 Pokemon per cartridge per day anymore.

you have to wait for US release

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_grass View Post
    you have to wait for US release
    It wouldn't work. Japanese games can't pick up the US events. You would only be able to get Japanese Wi-Fi events if you live outside of Japan and the events that go on where you are (outside of Japan) would not be receivable; as said below:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The games only know how to connect to their regional server. So you can download any event whose region corresponds with your own anywhere in the world.

1978年5月18日 岐阜県で起こった連続殺人事件。
    死者13名、負傷者52名 凶器 ハサミ―。

Using Pokemon Black/White Wi-Fi Club
    Using Pokemon Global Link

o and you have to have US game forgot to mention that sorry

Friend Safari: FAIRY
    Mawile, Deddenne and Clefairy

Always up for a BATTLE

Ok. So I'm still confused on how the Gamestop events work. During the Pichu event, I tried it twice, mystery gift was never an option when I turned on my DSi. I already had beaten the game and seen every pokemon, so I'm not sure why it's not working. I actually want to do the events this year, so any help would be appreciated.

Does Lugia only learn Aeroblast in SoulSilver like it only did in the original Silver?

Page 189 of 234 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast