Page 290 of 376 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 9394

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I actually used that Togepi this time. The Extrasensory it came with has been quite useful.
    I have also used a Togekiss in the past, and it was really good. But for this playthrough, I will not use it.

Anywaym I started from Goldenrod City, which is where I stopped yesterday. Went directly to the gym… only to find out that I couldn’t challenge it. For the third time in a row. The Gym Leader had gone off to the Radio Tower. I decided to explore the rest of the town before going there. Went to the Game Corner and played the idiotic Voltorb Flip Game until I had 200 coins, as I plan to buy an Abra later on and will need these coins for that. Got a Bike from a random dude in a bike shop… for free? He thought it would be great if I could ride it to advertise for him, and I’m not saying no to that. This also means I won’t have to keep my Pokemon following me all the time, which is very good. Also met my childhood friend again, this time to obtain a who for accessories from him. Again, for free. I went down in the underground passage of this town, battled a few trainers and saw a photograph stand where it was possible to take photos of myself. Not very interesting… until I saw that it was possible to dress up as a Team Rocket member? Awesome! I took a photo before leaving for the Radio Tower.

There, I found the Gym Leader Whitney, also known as “The Incredibly Pretty Girl” (couldn’t they have come up with something original? Her title sounds incredibly silly to me). She thought it was more important to win a Radio Card than to take care of her business at the Gym. Is this what it is like to be a Gym Leader in this game? Since I couldn’t battle her, I decided to try to win a Radio Card myself. And I did, winning it was as easy as anything. One more upgrade to my Pokegear, nice. Whitney saw me winning, and was impressed because she had been unable to do it herself… is she dumb, or what? But she returned to the Gym at least, so now I could challenge her.

Went inside the gym and battled all the regular trainers, then out again to train a little before the gym. With the members of my team at level 24, I felt ready to challenge Whitney. Before the battle, she told me that the reason she was into Pokemon was just because everyone else was… Peer pressure or what? Anyway, the battle started. I went with my Quilava against her Clefairy and Flamethrower was an easy OHKO. Switched to Ivysaur against her Miltank and used Sleep Powder, from which it healed itself from with a Lum Berry. Sleep Powder again, and it missed. Once more, and it was ready for some sleep. Two hits from Petal Dance and it was down.

After the battle, I expected a Badge. But no, Whitney started crying instead. What a Drama Queen, everyone loses at some point; you need to live with that. Disappointed for not getting a badge, I prepared to leave the Gym… but one of the regular trainers in the Gym told me to go back and claim my Badge, and I did. Whitney had stopped crying and gave me the Badge this time. She also gave me a TM, containing Attract… which is just garbage, easily the worst move I have gotten from a Gym Leader so far.

I exited the Gym and went back to the Flower Shop in this City as I had a feeling it would be useful for myself if I made another visit there. And it was, I got a Watering Can for free. Continued up towards Route 35 and the guard in the gate asked me if I could deliver a mail to one of his friends on Route 31. I was about to decline, but seeing as he gave me a free Pokemon with the mail, I accepted it. And besides, Route 31 shouldn’t be too far from here according to my map.

Went out to Route 35 and battled all the trainers there, grabbed a few items I found as well. Entered the gateway to the Pokéathlon Dome and the National Park, decided to check out the former first. As I was walking up to the Pokéathlon Dome, a man greeted me and presented himself as Magnus, founder of the Pokéathlon Dome. He wanted me to participate in the event as he thought I was athletic, but I declined as I am more of the lazy type. And I have more Gym Leaders to defeat.

Went back to the Gateway and into the National Park itself. Battled all the trainers and picked up the items I was able to take before leaving for Route 36. Battled the trainers here as well, and ended up in a three-way Scramble Crossing where a tree was blocking the way. A young girl suggested that I should use my Watering Can on the tree to see how it reacted. I did as she suggested, and the tree came to life! Not really, it turned out to be a wild Sudowoodo which now challenged me to a battle. I decided to capture it, and so I did. With that out of the way, the path was cleared, and the girl returned back to Goldenrod…

I went to Route 31 and delivered the Mail I had been ordered to deliver. The man I gave it to seemed to be happy, and he gave me a TM for giving it to him! Awesome! Just what I needed. Or something. I continued up to Route 37 and battled the trainers here before arriving in Ecruteak City. As I went inside the Pokemon Center, I met a man who presented himself as Bill, inventor of the Pokemon Storage system, although it was his friend Lanette from Hoenn who made it to the awesomeness it is today. He didn’t have any time for me though, went back to Goldenrod immediately after I met him.

I went to the Gym… but as soon as I went inside, an old man told me that the Gym Leader had gone off to the Burned Tower. Yeah, I did totally not see that coming. Fourth time in a row, who wrote the awful story for this game? And if I remember correctly, that Tower was far away in Violet City… it isn’t? That was another Tower, and this one is at the northernmost site in this town… just like last time? I guess I have to go there, but I might as well just explore the town first, since I have nothing better to do.

Went to the Dance Theater and saw another Kimono Girl… and a member of Team Rocket trying to force her to dance. Pretty cool, I would love to see her dance… but on the other hand, forcing someone to dance is not cool. Since the Kimono Girl didn’t want to dance, the Rocket Member started to dance instead. I was about to join in, but he challenged me to a battle instead. And I won, like all the trainers in this region, he was using weak Pokemon. After being defeated, he ran away, and the Kimono Girl thanked me… she also told me that I was raising my Pokemon with care and that I was a good trainer. really? Was she sure that she didn’t mistake me for someone else?

I left the Theater and headed off to the Burned Tower. There, I met Morty, the Gym Leader, and his friend Eusine. They were there looking for the Legendary Pokemon Suicune, which could be seen through the hole in the floor. I decided to take a closer look at this legendary Pokemon, and prepared to climb down the ladder to the second floor… when my Rival appeared! He did obviously challenge me to a battle, and I won again. I battled the two other trainers in the Tower before going down to the basement floor.

There, Suicune as well as its two friends Entei and Raikou stood in the middle, but as I got closer to them, they all ran away. Eusine came down and told me that I was special and that Suicune had something for me… seriously? I’m just a normal trainer, something like that would never happen to me. Eusine left, and I did too.

Before challenging the Gym, I decided to head back to Goldenrod for a small visit. I met Bill in his home, and he offered me an Eevee. But I declined the offer, I didn’t need an Eevee right now, I’ll have to come back and take it later. His sister also gave me his Phone Number, which might be cool to have. Or not. I also visited the Guard in the gate to Route 35, who gave me a thanks for delivering the mail to his friend. I went back to Ecruteak, the next thing I will is to challenge the Gym.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 14th April 2012 at 12:36 AM.

I restarted last night. This is my first post in a whileeee, like I don't even remember. Just had the urge to play some Pokemon I have 3 badges and I'm sr'ing for a good Growlithe right now.

Full update coming later.

I wandered around Goldenrod City after I battled the Team Rocket grunts at the Radio Tower. I had to heal my injured Pokemon before going after the other grunts, and then I bought some items before entering the Underground area of Goldenrod City. I made it to the room with the doors and the switches, but my rival wanted to battle before I could go any further. I defeated him quickly, and then I moved around the room, attempting to unlock all the doors. I finally unlocked the door that led to the warehouse underneath the Department Store, and I collected some items there. I met the director of the Radio Tower and I obtained the key that unlocked the other offices at the Radio Tower from him. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center again after that encounter, and I entered the Radio Tower once more. I unlocked one of the doors there, and I saved the game.

I had now left Blackthorn City after doing some training for my Charizard and Lucario. I flew to New Bark Town where Prof. Elm told me to see the Kimono Girls, they were tough but I got out victorious. Unfortunatly I now had to go and capture Lugia, which I didn't want to do. So I bought a heap of Max Repels and off I went, along the way I caught a Krabby and a Seal. I had gotten lost a few times but eventually found my way to where Lugia was hiding. I battled it and Vapereon's Bite and Aureoa Beam brought down its HP, 7 Dusk Balls and 5 Ultra Balls later, I caught the legendary Lugia. I placed him in my PC, because I am never going to use him in battle, and I flew back to New Bark Town to set sail for the Pokemon League.
    Lucario lvl 43
    Charizard lvl 43
    Vapereon lvl 40
    Haunter lvl 42
    Raichu lvl 44
    Dragonair lvl 47
    Badges 8, Caught 130

Default Day 359 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 359 Friday, April 13th, 2012 7:55 PM
    I started off where we left off Yesterday, in the Battle Factory, in Battle Frontier! We thanked the two nice Clerks and everyone else here for letting us stay here! We then went over and talked to the two nice Clerks. We had gotten ourselves entered in a Single Battle Lv.50 Seven Battle Streak here in the Battle Factory! In a little while, out of the six Pokemon Lombre, Loudred, Croagunk, Pachirisu, Carvanha, and Kabuto, we chose Lombre, Kabuto, and Croagunk! We switched Pokemon for this Streak of up to Seven Battles. In a little while in the Arena, we started battling for our newest Seven Battle Streak here in the Battle Factory! We won our first Battle, our second Battle, our third Battle, our fourth Battle, our fifth Battle, our sixth Battle, and our seventh Battle! We got five BPs, Battle Points, for beating this Seven Battle Streak! Shortly after, we switched Pokemon back. In a little while in the lobby, we thanked the two nice Clerks and everyone else left and staying here for letting us stay here and for everything else that we have done so far today here! I then saved to the right and to the back a little bit of the two nice Clerks, and to the left of the TV, in the Battle Factory, in the Battle Frontier. 219:39, 40
    Badges: 16
    PokeDex, Caught: 120

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Ampharos Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63

Hooray! I did it! Hopefully I can keep this Streak going longer than my past ones. Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Well, on my HG, I just resetted it cause I completed my SS.

um, I started with Cyndaquil and caught a Spinarak and a Mareep.

Just beaten Falkner with Mareep with ease, and now heading to Azelea town.

Team:
    Cyndaquil lv9
    Spinarak lv 12
    Mareep lv13

Im swapping Cyndaquil for a Growlithe once I get the chance.

We set off from Violet City, and battled our way through Route 32. I caught Hoppip here at level 6. Hoppip doesn't learn any moves that cause damage until level 10 (Tackle). Luckily, the TM for Bullet Seed is on this route, and I taught it to Hoppip, just to make life easier for the unfortunate thing. I swear Union Cave was a small touch longer than I remember in Gold/Silver/Crystal, not that it bothered me. I caught a Sandshrew here, and then we went to save the Slowpoke. After telling Team Rocket where they can stick their Slowpoketail, we then did some levelling up. I don't like how wild pokemon on Gold/HeartGold are levelled quite low, it takes a while to level up as a result. Mareep evolved at Level 15.
    The Sandshrew remained a part of my team until the Egg hatched while I was walking in the grass (totally forgot I had it on me, lol). I thought hatched pokemon came out as Level 5 pokemon but no, my Togepi was Level 1! Which I thought was cute. So weak, so innocent. Togepi actually levelled up quickly, which pleased me. Not as quick as Mareep did, but still far speedier than HootHoot!
    With my babies on Level 12-15, I bravely took on my rival, and won! Hoppip took down a 2/3 health Bayleef!! Synthesis, Poisonpowder and two good bullet seeds (that said he'd already used his super potion and all of Synthesis PP). I was so proud of Hoppip. I then got that dude's ducks back to him (hasn't he heard of bread?). Got my Cut, and taught it to Totodile. I went to the Gym and went through the trainers easy, but lost to Bugsy, that Scyther's U-turn was nasty!
    After losing, I trained all my pokemon up to Level 15, and reattempted. Flaaffy killed Metapod. Flaaffy (aided with a super potion) weakened Scyther, and allowed HootHoot to deliver the fatal peck. Togepi took care of Kakuna. We won! We did another victory dance, Hoppip was nearly blown away in all the excitement. After healing and stocking up on a couple of supplies, we went into the Ilex Forest and cut down that tree. We thought camping by the shrine would be a good place to rest until next time.

My current team after 7hrs 42mins of gameplay:
    Totodile - Level 15
    Moves - Water Gun, Scary Face, Bite, Cut.
    HootHoot - Level 16
    Moves - Uproar, Peck, Roost, Hypnosis.
    Flaaffy - Level 16
    Moves - Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave.
    Hoppip - Level 15
    Moves - U-Turn, Synthesis, Bullet Seed, Poisonpowder.
    Togepi - Level 15
    Moves - Sweet Kiss, Yawn, Extrasensory, Metronome.

Next update will be after I defeat the Goldenrod City Gym.

The Ecruteak Gym...one of the easiest or hardest gyms in the game. I had Golbat take out the first gym trainer and right after it evolved into Crobat! I had Quagsire and Pineco take out the rest and then I challenged Morty. I tried to have Pineco defeat his Zubat but I fainted so Crobat finished it off with Bite. He used Haunter next which defeated Quagsire, but Crobat won with Bite. I just continued to spam Bite on his Gengar and his last Haunter until both had fainted. Morty gave me my badge and then I headed west towards Olivine City. I easily defeated all of the trainers along the way and met a man named Baoba who mentioned a Safari Zone. Soon I was in Olivine but, as Luke told me, the gym leader was at the lighthouse so I would need to head there if I wanted to get my next gym badge.

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

While still inside the forest, there seemed to be a chunky man banging his head against a tree. Anni asked if he was testing if he had low pain tolerance, but in reality he was shaking trees with Headbutt, which was even stranger... He then taught it to Elapidae in place of Wrap. Also in the forest, a Kimono girl was lost, which isn't that difficult to do in this forest, and Elapidae the Ekans led the way out.

Outside the forest, there were some gloating trainers scattered across the Route 34. Halfway through, there was that guy, that guy whose name was Ethan or something, with his grandparents. He gave the protagonist more phone numbers to deal with. Hoo yay...

And thus, Anni and company were at Goldenrod City. However, like any town, they had to do something arbitrary in order to go to the gym, which was win a radio contest. Also, there was some underground tunneling involved as well. The gym itself was A GIANT CLEFAIRY. Just imagine how much interior design time that must've taken. That aside, the protagonist takes on one of the hardest fights in the game...

Ms. Maniacal Murdering Milk Maiden
    WHITNEY
    V.S.

Whitney Ga Taosenai. Someone needs to make a video on that rather than Air Man. References aside, Elapidae Poison Jabbed Clefairy a few times to KO it while the fairy's Minimize didn't minimize its chance of survival.

Miltank is the reason I'm happy that my team is currently full of women. Grandjaws looked the cow in the eye to lower its hp. Then she retreated to Elapidae and took two Stomps in the face before Poison Jabbing. The snake barely lived another Stomp, and Poison Jab poisoned the next turn, except thanks to a dumb Lum berry, it didn't even matter. Anni tried to switch to Bareilles to try and do something, but it was a waste as two Rollout attacks KO'd it.

Grandjaws faced Miltank again, and took another Rollout. The Normal type used Tail Whip to lower the cow's defense, and as the cow went to do another roll, Grandjaws unleashed its hidden egg move power, Close Combat! With a critical hit, the match was finally over! Seemed easier than Bugsy, actually.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

(Ilex Forest to National Park, inc. Goldenrod Gym)

We sped through Ilex Forest because most of my pokemon were excited about shopping at the Department Store in Goldenrod. Togepi and I were confused, must be a girl thing?
    Cleared the trainers before Goldenrod. At the Dept Store, I picked out Solarbeam for Hoppip. A very decent grass attack for her, and at a good price, $3000 isn't too bad. I thought about buying Thunder for Flaaffy, I'll wait a little while and get some more money (even though I have enough for it). I'm usually a conservative spender, always like to have a lot in the piggy bank, just in-case.
    We went into the tunnel, so Togepi could get a haircut. The good one was in, score! So Togepi had some egg white chopped off, and enjoyed it.
    I wanted my pokemon to all be at least Level 18 when I challenged the Gym, so I levelled up using the trainers on Route 35 to the north. While training on the route, Totodile evolved into Croconaw at Level 18, and Hoppip evolved into Skiploom at Level 18 too. I went through the gym trainers fairly easily, with HootHoot's Uproar getting the job done usually. I challenged Whitney. My pokemon were level 18-19. Clefairy was a bit more trouble than I expected, thanks to Whitney using a super potion and then its Metronome caused it to used 'Milk Drink'. It knocked out Togepi courtesy of a critical hit. I couldn't believe it, but HootHoot's Uproar put that nonsense to rest. Out came Miltank, Hoot's used Hypnosis, surprise surprise, Miltank was holding a Lum Berry and awoke itself, it then caused some trouble knocking out Hoot's and Flaaffy was stomped to death. Thankfully, Flaaffy's Static paralysed Miltank (which would prove crucial). Croconaw was next, and I just kept on Water Gunning her and healed with a Lemonade twice. Whitney healed Miltank with a super potion and it used Milk Drink three times! But a combination of persistence and Miltank occasionally becoming paralysed, saw me knock it out with a Water Gun and I won! Whitney sobbed as I told her that the Pokemon League were coming to demote her as a gym leader and that no respectable gym leader would use normal type pokemon. It had just ticked past Midnight, so I went to the cheaper haircut guy and gave Togepi a clipping.
    We got that squirtbottle, and then headed off to check out the Pokeathlete place, then we left because we don't have time to muck around there.
    Togepi was disappointed but I promised we'll visit the National Park. I picked up the loose items at the National Park, and giving Togepi the Soothe Bell. Then went onto Route 36, with Togepi defeating those two trainers, then Togepi evolved in Togetic at Level 21. Yay! I was hoping Togepi would evolve soon, and it did, thankfully. It was getting very late, so my friends and I pitched a tent in the National Park, and went to sleep.

My current team after 10hrs 46mins of gameplay:
    Croconaw - Level 20
    Moves - Water Gun, Scary Face, Bite, Cut.
    HootHoot - Level 18
    Moves - Uproar, Peck, Roost, Hypnosis.
    Flaaffy - Level 18
    Moves - Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave.
    Skiploom - Level 18
    Moves - U-Turn, Synthesis, Solarbeam, Poisonpowder.
    Togetic - Level 21
    Moves - Headbutt, Yawn, Extrasensory, Metronome.

Next update after Ecruteak City Gym.

Just failed the elite 4 (not the first time) with their updated teams. Right now kanto is the best place to train my rhydon (who's lv.53). And I'm also training my typhlosion and mewtwo.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

After spending 2 hours in the GTC i finnaly find a person with a reasonable trade and can evolve my kadabra. I gave up getting a growlith or a traded magmar cause i cant possibly have a legit deoxys after 4th gym =.='' Still looking for someone who can trade with me.

I climbed up to the top of the Lighthouse where Jasmine awaited with a sick Amphy. Luckily I have a Quagsire that can Surf so I swan on over to Cianwood and got the medicine. While I was there I figured I may as well challenge the gym and challenge it I did. Crobat managed to take out Primeape with a few Wing Attacks and then Bayleef beat his Poliwrath with a mixture of Magical Leafs and Razor Leafs. I got Fly and flew back to Olivine where I delivered the medicine. Jasmine left for the gym but I also received a call from Baoba who told me to come check out the Safari Zone, so I did. Unfortunately they did not have the area I was hoping to see so I trained my team against the swimmers I had skipped and then headed to the Olivine Gym, but not before letting Bayleef evolve. Jasmine started with Magnemite but it fell to a single Mud Bomb from Quagsire, Steelix was beaten by 2 Surf's and then Magnemite fainted from a Mud Bomb. I got my badge and now I wait until the Safari Zone opens up with the new areas.

Last edited by Drummerdude; 15th April 2012 at 2:43 AM.

Went to the Gym and battled all the trainers inside. My Croconaw reached level 30, learned Crunch and evolved into Feraligatr. Which is very nice as it means that the first member of my team is fully evolved. With Feraligatr and Quilava at level 30 and Ivysaur at level 27, I was ready to challenge Morty. I talked to him, and he said that he wanted me to help him realize his potential of being a legendary trainer. Sure, why not? The battle started. One Crunch from my Feraligatr on each of his Pokemon, and they were down. So I won the battle and helped Morty realize his potential as a legendary trainer.

…Or? He gave me my fourth Badge and a TM with Shadow Ball, another awesome move. But he also said that he might have been mistaken, maybe he wasn’t meant to be the legendary trainer after all. I don’t know, and I’m not sure if I care either. I left the Gym as my business here was done. Before heading off to the next town, I decided to make a short visit to the Bell Tower, as the requirement for going there was to have beaten the Gym Leader of the city. I was allowed to pass and made it all the way to the Tower. Inside, a man told me that it was said that a Legendary Pokemon was resting on top of the Tower, and that only the legendary trainer told of in the Prophecy to restore friendship between People and Pokemon could bring it down. Well, that sure isn’t me, so I left the Tower.

Headed out to Route 38, battled all the trainers there and grabbed a few items I found laying on the ground. There wasn’t much to see there, so I continued to Route 39. There, I met a man named Baoba, who had been the owner of a Safari Zone in Kanto but had to close it as its entertainment value had dropped. But he told me that he was going to open another Safari Zone, and wanted it to be a timed exclusive to some people. For some reason, he chose me, I got his number and he promised me that he would call me as soon as it had opened. He ran away; guess he was busy with getting the Safari Zone opened.

At Route 39, I found a small farm. They were supposed to have delicious milk for sale… but they didn’t, as their most precious cow was ill and unable to produce any milk. It did apparently need a ton of Oran Berries to get healthy again. I was unable to help as I didn’t have more than three Oran Berries, so I left and continued down the Route. Battled a few more trainers before arriving in Olivine City. There, I was about to enter the Gym… when my Rival exited from its door. He told me that the Gym Leader wasn’t there, because she was busy saving the world or something like that. He didn’t want to battle me this time, so he left and I was alone again. I entered the Gym, and it looks like he was right. The Gym Leader was at the Lighthouse, taking care of a sick Pokemon, according to the Gym Guide. Just great. Now I have to go all the way to Sunyshore City, because that is where this Lighthouse is, right… no? Were they talking about the Lighthouse here in Olivine? Well, that makes things a bit easier.

Before going to the Lighthouse, I explored the other parts of this town and went out to train a little on Route 39. There, my Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur. One more member of my team is now fully evolved, awesome! With this, I felt ready to enter the Lighthouse. There, I saw an elevator on the first floor, leading straight to the top. Sweet, that means I won’t have to walk all the way up. I took the elevator and arrived at the top floor. There, I saw what I supposed was the Gym Leader as well as the sick Pokemon… but I couldn’t reach them! They were locked in the middle of the room. Dammit. I had no choice but to go down again and start from the bottom floor, hoping to find another way up to the top floor. I started climbing the Lighthouse the traditional way, battling a ton of trainers in the process. I arrived at the top floor of the Lighthouse and met Jasmine and the sick Ampharos, Amphy. Jasmine wanted me to go all the way to Cianwood to get a special medicine to cure the sick Pokemon… Couldn’t she just take it to a Pokemon Center and get it healed there? I guess not, she seemed to be quite stubborn. And maybe she would return to the Gym if I healed the Pokemon?

So I set sail for Cianwood… even if I don’t have a boat. I could at least ride on the back of my trustworthy Feraligatr. Would have loved to swim, although that isn’t possible, even if all the trainers I met along the way were swimming. Battled all the trainers I met and passed by the Whirl Islands, but could not enter them due to the huge whirls and boulders blocking the path. I arrived in Cianwood and decided to check the small town while I was there.

Found the Pharmacy quite easily and got the medicine to heal the poor Ampharos. I noticed that this town had a Gym as well, but since I have been unable to battle the Gym Leader directly after arriving in the past five cities, I decided to look for the leader outside of the Gym first. Met a dude in a house who had been forced to give away one of his Pokemon to some scary guy… and for some reason, he entrusted me with another of his Pokemon? Seriously, that was a huge mistake. I’m not the kind of person to give back things that I receive for free. Especially not if it’s a rare Pokemon. Sorry boy, but you can kiss this Pokemon goodbye since you won’t be seeing it again.

I went to the north of the town and saw… Suicune! It was gazing upon me from the top of a small hill, but ran away as soon as I got close to it. After it ran away, Eusine appeared. This time, he challenged me to a battle as he thought Suicune respected me more than him… which is strange as I don’t see any reason for why it should do that. I won the battle against him and he went off again to continue searching for Suicune at other places.

I couldn’t find the Gym Leader anywhere in the city, so I went to the Gym to see where he could be… only to find that he had been there all the time! First time that happens, but hopefully not the last. I battled all the regular trainers in the Gym and noticed that my Quilava was very close to evolving. Went out and battled a few wild Pokemon, and it evolved into Typhlosion. Which of course is awesome, as that means that all members of my team are fully evolved. I went back to the Gym and challenged Chuck to a battle, which he accepted. I started with my Typhlosion against his Primeape and got an easy OHKO. Switched to Venusaur against his Poliwrath. Petal Dance, it survived with a tiny bit of HP, recovered with a Berry and used Hypnosis so my plant/animal hybrid thing fell asleep. It slept for two turns before waking up to finish the frog with another Petal Dance. I won the Storm Badge and a Focus Punch TM, awesome!

As I exited the gym, a woman greeted me and gave me an HM containing Fly. Which means I can fly anywhere I want (almost) and don’t have to walk all the time anymore. I flew back to Olivine instead of surfing, took the elevator to the top of the Lighthouse and gave the potion to Jasmine, who gave it to Amphy. The medicine cured the poor Lightbringer, making the Lighthouse bright again. With that out of the way, Jasmine returned to the Gym. And now I could challenge her, yay!

As I exited the Lighthouse, I got a Phone Call from Baoba, who told me that the Safari Zone now was open. That was nice of him, but I wanted to challenge the Gym before going there. I entered the Gym, and prepared to battle some trainers before Jasmine… but they didn’t want to battle me! What a bunch of lazy suckers, I wanted to get some training before the Leader. But never mind, I’ll just challenge her directly instead. And so I did. Walked up to Jasmine, the battle started. I decided to let my Typhlosion do the job. Lava Plume, Flamethrower, Lava Plume, and I had won. Obtained my sixth badge and a TM containing Iron Tail. Swell.

I have two Gyms left, and according to my map, the only towns left in this terribly boring region are Mahogany and Blackthorn, so I guess I’ll be visiting them next to find the Gyms there. But first, I will check out the Safari Zone since I have some free time. I flew back to Cianwood and went through all of Route 47 and 48, battled all the trainers along the way. Arrived at the Safari Zone, where Baoba wanted me to catch a Geodude for an “Owner Test”. Sure, why not? I took the challenge, entered The Game and captured a Geodude as well as a few other Pokemon. I showed the Geodude to the old dude afterwards, who told me that I had completed the first part of his test. I was curious about what this “Owner Test” was about anyway, catching a Geodude and then owning it? If that was the case, I guess it wasn’t as interesting as I had expected.

I flew back to Ecruteak, and will head to Mahogany Town tomorrow for yet another Gym Challenge.

After solving the issues at the Goldenrod City Radio Tower, I flew to Mahogany Town, and I went east to Route 44. I then headed for Ice Cave, and I battled the trainers along the way. I got to the cave, and I slid around the ice for a while, since I had totally forgotten how to navigate through there. I eventually managed to get to the next floor of Ice Cave and I picked up some items. I ran into some wild Swinub and then I encountered a wild Jynx as I reached the next floor. I captured that since I needed an Ice-type for Clair's Gym. I headed to the exit of the cave, but I found a Kimono Girl there. I helped push her out of the way and then I headed for the exit. I arrived in Blackthorn City and I went to heal at the local Pokemon Center. I withdrew Jynx from the PC and I headed for Ice Cave once again to train her. I leveled her up by 5 levels and then I flew to Ecruteak City to train her there.

Default Day 360 - HeartGold Walkthrough

Day 360 Saturday, April 14th, 2012 8:31,2 PM
    I started off where we left off Yesterday, in the Battle Factory, in the Battle Frontier! We thanked the two nice Clerks and everyone else here for letting us stay here! We then went over and talked to the two nice Clerks. We had gotten ourselves entered in our second in a row Single Battle Lv.50 Seven Battle Streak here in the Battle Factory! In a little while, out of the six Pokemon Furret, Bibarel, Rotom, Crawdaunt, Jumpluff, and Xatu, we chose Xatu, Crawdaunt, and Jumpluff! We switched our Pokemon for this Streak of hopefully seven Battles. In a little while in the Battle Factory's Arena, we started batting for our second seven Battle Streak here in a row! We won our first Battle, our second Battle, our third Battle, our fourth Battle, our fifth Battle, our sixth Battle, and our seventh Battle! In a little while, we got five BPs, Battle Points, for beating this seven battle Streak! We switched our Pokemon back. In the lobby in a little while, someone called us, but we missed it! We hope that they call us back later if they want to talk! We then thanked the two nice Clerks and everyone else left here for letting us stay here and for doing everything else that we have done so far today here! I then saved to the right and to the back a little bit of the two nice Clerks, and to the left of the TV, in the Battle Factory, in the Battle Frontier. 220:29
    Badges: 16
    PokeDex, Caught: 120

My Team is:
    Meganium Lv.63
    Kingler Lv.63
    Ampharos Lv.63
    Sudowoodo Lv.63
    Ariados Lv.63
    Honchkrow Lv.63

Hooray! I beat my second Seven battle Streak in the Battle Factory. Hopefully I can do good in my third in a row too! Thank you for reading this, my Update, Post!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I caught some new pokemon in the safari zone. I caught sandshrew, sandslash, cubone, marowak, slowpoke, and slowbro. I tried to catch mr mime but I was at lunch break at work and ran out of time >.> stupid things >.<

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I had travelled to Victory Road, battling against the many trainers hoping to beat the famous Elite 4. However I beat them all quite easily. I decided to train my Haunter seeing as how it underlevelled compared to my other 5 pokemon. Once inside Victory Road I thought it would be a good chance for my Vaporeon and Lucario to gain some levels seeing as how most of the pokemon in victory road are Rock/Ground. Before exiting Victory Road, my rival had turned up wanting to see my strength. I beat him quite easily. Once outside the Pokemon League I found a rare candy and used it on Dragonair which now made him level 47.
    Will has my first opponent and Raichu and Charizard beat him easily. Koga was no match for Haunter and Charizard. However Bruno supprisingly gave me a challenge, his Machamp defeated my Charizard, Haunter and Dragonair with Rock Slide and Cross Chop, Vaporeon eventually beat it with Surf. Karen was much easier because Lucario quite easily knocked out most of her pokemon.

I knew Lance would be tough. He had 3 Dragonites and I only had a Dragonair and a Vaporeon who knew Aureoa Beam. Raichu first went out and KO'd Gyarados, I switched to Dragonair who brought down his Dragonite to little health, unfortunatly Dragonair fainted. Vaporeon was next to go out and beat 2 of his Dragonites with lots of Auroa Beams. Vaporeon also knocked out Aerodyactyl. Raichu and Dragonair then finished off his other pokemon. It was a long battle, but it was worth it knowing that I was the new champion of Johto.

After winning I went to Kanto where I beat Lt.Surge and my Dragonair evolved.

My Team:
    Charizard lvl 49
    Raichu lvl 48
    Lucario lvl 49
    Haunter lvl 47
    Vaporeon lvl 48
    Dragonite lvl 55

Badges 9, Pokedex 140 (142 National)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    I climbed up to the top of the Lighthouse where Jasmine awaited with a sick Amphy. Luckily I have a Quagsire that can Surf so I swan on over to Cianwood and got the medicine. While I was there I figured I may as well challenge the gym and challenge it I did. Crobat managed to take out Primeape with a few Wing Attacks and then Bayleef beat his Poliwrath with a mixture of Magical Leafs and Razor Leafs. I got Fly and flew back to Olivine where I delivered the medicine. Jasmine left for the gym but I also received a call from Baoba who told me to come check out the Safari Zone, so I did. Unfortunately they did not have the area I was hoping to see so I trained my team against the swimmers I had skipped and then headed to the Olivine Gym, but not before letting Bayleef evolve. Jasmine started with Magnemite but it fell to a single Mud Bomb from Quagsire, Steelix was beaten by 2 Surf's and then Magnemite fainted from a Mud Bomb. I got my badge and now I wait until the Safari Zone opens up with the new areas.

Loving your team! Who are you planning to use as a fire pokemon, assuming that you will use one.

I personally just beat Blue and am now training my team, mainly Scizor and Feraligatr to be honest, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I had hoped.. I'm probably going to breed a new team and play Battle Tower or something. I'm thinking something with Ninjask, never even used one o.O .

So after I defeated the Vermillion gym, I decided to continue defeating the gyms. I went to Saffron City and I took on Sabrina, my Scyther and my Electabuzz were great here! I continued taking on the gyms, and this time it was Erika's turn. Unfortunately, I had a very easy time, Magmar finished her very quickly. It was now Janine's turn!! Janine was a bit harder, but still, my Magmar and my Electabuzz had an easy time. After that, I visited Cerulean City, and I discovered Misty wasn't there. I decided to go to that huge cave, but I realized I had to go to the Power Plant. I went there and this guy was screaming like a little girl because his machine wasn't finished, someone had stolen it!! :O :O I went back to Cerulean and I saw this TR grunt, he ran away and I followed him. We battled, and he told me he left something at the gym. I went back and found the missing part of the machine, that wasn't allowing many things work in Kanto. We went to the Power Plant and gave the machine part back, and we received the TM Charge Beam. We flew to Lavender Town, and went to the Radio Tower, and this guy gave us this thing to listen to the broadcasts of Kanto. We then went to Saffron City, and talked to the Copycat, and she asked us to go look for her doll. We went to Vermillion, and after searching, we found it in the Poke Club. We left the PokeClub and Steven went to talk to us and told us a Latias was roaming Kanto. We returned the Poke Doll to the Copycat. We then took on the Cerulean Gym, and my Electivire had an easy time. We went to Pewter, but a Snorlax was blocking the cave's entrance. We used the Poke Flute on the Pokegear's radio, and caught him. We went to Pewter, recieved the Silver Wing, and took on Brock. Easy work, Feraligatr defeated all of them. We flew to Cerulean City, (route 25) and we remembered what Eusine told us, and Suicune sure was there. We caught it with a Quick Ball. We flew back to Pewter and went down to the forest. We passed the forest and went to Viridian, but there was no gym leader. We are now on route 1! Team:

"Krookototo", Jolly Nature, Torrent Ability, lvl 56, Exp. Share
    Moveset:
    Ice Fang; Trash; Surf; Waterfall

"Clawsman", Bold Nature, Technician Ability, lvl 57, Leftovers
    Moveset:
    X Scissor; Iron Head; Swords Dance; Bullet Punch

Hasty Nature, Flame Body Ability, lvl 56, Charcoal
    Moveset:
    Flamethrower; Psychic; Strenght; Fire Blast

Hardy Nature, Motor Drive Ability, lvl 57, No Item
    Moveset:
    Thunderbolt; ThunderPunch; Focus Blast; Iron Tail

"Matey", Sand Stream Ability, Quirky Nature, Quick Claw, lvl 55
    Moveset:
    Trash; Earthquake; Dark Pulse; Stone Edge

"Buds", Inner Focus Ability, Lonely Nature, level 55, Focus Sash
    Moveset:
    Fly; Dragon Rush; Draco Meteor; Fire Punch

Quote Originally Posted by smartie View Post
    Loving your team! Who are you planning to use as a fire pokemon, assuming that you will use one.
    Thanks! I haven't planned my last Pokemon yet to be honest.

Due to a need to stall for time I went to Violet City and got the Rare Candy from the Northeast corner. I then went to the Ruins of Alph and solved a few of the puzzles before going to Goldenrod. I found the three girls training their water Pokemon. Meganium and Pineco beat the three trainers before heading back to the Safari Zone and I trained Pineco to Lv31, where it evolved! I honestly thought it was at Lv33, but the surprise was nice. Soon after Baoba called and told me the second test was ready so I ran their and switched some areas around. I entered and ran to the mountain area where after many failed attempts I finally captured my 5th team member, a Lickitung! I flew back to Mahogany Town and took a break.

Hey guys. I have a question. Has anyone caught Mewtwo?
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

I just beat the Pokémon league after multiple attempts, with just my Wigglytuff and Granbull. C: Bruno was really hard, but Wigglytuff's Cute Charm ended up allowing me to beat his Machamp. Now I'm on the S.S Aqua on my way to Kanto!

Wigglytuff, lv. 59
    Cute Charm

Shadow Ball
    Wake-Up Slap
    Hyper Voice
    Double-Edge

Granbull, lv. 63
    Quick Feet

Take Down
    Earthquake
    Payback
    Crunch
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/k4dpxc.gif[/IMG]
    the dancing that captivated my heart;
    your selfishly nice gestures, the breathtaking sexiness you have
    those flashing gestures ;;; it makes me lose my breath -- x . x . x

After training in Ecruteak City, I flew back to Blackthorn City. I headed south and I visited Dark Cave for about 30 minutes since I wanted to train a Lickitung. I managed to level it up by quite a bit while I trained there, and then I captured a wild Graveler while inside Dark Cave since I thought it might come in handy at the Blackthorn Gym. I then left the cave, and I healed my Pokemon at the Blackthorn City Pokemon Center. I bought some more items at the local Poke Mart, and then I set off towards the route to the south in order to train some more there. I captured a wild Gligar while there, and I thought that I might as well use it during the Gym battle as well. I trained both Lickitung and Gligar on Route 45, and then I headed back to the Pokemon Center to withdraw Graveler and I trained it on Route 45 as well. Then I saved the game before heading back to the Gym to challenge it.

Quote Originally Posted by TransDonald View Post
    Hey guys. I have a question. Has anyone caught Mewtwo?
    I have caught it in both of my other files, but not yet in my current one.

Today, I surfed east from Ecruteak and arrived at a small Island in front of a large mountain. There, inside of a small grove, I saw Suicune again for a split second before it decided to run away, like it always does. Eusine appeared again, he told me once more that I was “special” before he left to continue chasing Suicune. I surfed over another small part of water and battled a few trainers on the next piece of land before arriving in Mahogany Town. I went to the Gym only to find out that… someone was blocking the entrance and wouldn’t get out of the way. How unexpected, I did really not see that coming after seeing it in a few other towns before this.

I decided to check the rest of the town instead… although there wasn’t much to see. When I tried to exit from the east side of the town, a man forced me to buy a RageCandyBar. Not too bad though, I like candy so I took it. But even after that, he wouldn’t let me exit, which was a bit frustrating. I decided to check out the Lake of Rage since the townspeople were talking about it, and it was also quite close to the town according to my map.

I went up to Route 43, battled a ton of trainers before arriving at the Lake. There, I heard that the people were speaking of a Red Gyarados having appeared at the Lake. What silly nonsense is that, everyone knows that all Gyarados are blue. Red Gyarados doesn’t exist; it’s as simple as that. To prove that they were wrong, I set sail in the Lake to find the non-existant Red Gyarados… only to find out that it actually does exist! I could not believe my eyes, it was a Red Gyarados, right in front of me. If I catch it, I will be the owner of a rare Pokemon, yay! So capture time!

I could capture it rather easily… and I started to wonder why nobody else had tried to capture it. Then I remembered that someone told me when I was younger that everyone in Johto has a Red Gyarados, making this as worthless as a Magikarp. Which was a bit disappointing. I looked a bit more in the lake and found a Red Scale just where the Red Gyarados had been. Went back to the shore and saw as strangely dressed man that I had never seen before. He also had a Dragonite with him. He introduced himself as Lance, and said he was inspecting things in the town. Inspecting what, I wondered. He flew off without saying where he was going, and I was alone again.

Went back to the city, still unable to enter the Gym. There was a souvenir shop which I had missed before, so I entered it. There I saw Lance again, and his Dragonite fighting against a helpless trainer who couldn’t do anything. Apparently, he was investigating this shop, and it turned out to have a secret bottom floor! Awesome! I wonder what it could be hiding. Lance wanted me to go with him, and as I didn’t have anything else to do, I followed him.

On the first floor, I battled countless Rocket Members before arriving at a stair leading to the second floor. There, I met Lance again, who healed my Pokemon. I continued walking along the base, and found out that the main room was protected by a password. I continued to search the base, looking for the password, not sure why, and arrived at the room of the Boss of the Hideout after going through a large part of it. He told me the password after I defeated him in battle, but it would only open with his voice, so I felt pretty doomed when he ran away. But his Murkrow managed to imitate his voice saying the password (I suspect that it was a Chatot in disguise or something) and the bird flew all the way to the door and said the Password for me, I didn’t have to do a thing. Another Rocket Boss and a Grunt arrived and challenged me to a double battle, but I didn’t have to do it alone as Lance stepped in and helped me. After winning the battle, we took care of the whole strangeness in the main room which apparently stopped the radio broadcast I had heard of before. Lance left, and I was alone once more.

I exited the Rocket Hideout, and now, the person blocking the way to the Gym had moved. Finally! I entered the Gym and battled all the regular trainers before arriving in front of the Gym Leader. Since this is an Ice-type Gym, I decided to use my Typhlosion for the battle. I spoke to the Leader, an old man named Pryce, and the battle started. Hidden Power on his Seel, Flamethrower on his Piloswine and Focus Blast on his Dewgong. Was that all? For someone who has been training Pokemon for 50 years, he sure didn’t put up a challenge. But whatever, I won. Got my seventh Badge and a TM containing Hail… guess that could have been better, but never mind. I exited the Gym and got a Phone Call from Professor Elm, saying that there were strange Radio Broadcasts about Team Rocket. I thought he was just joking, but decided to listen to the Radio anyway, and it turned out that he was right. I could care less about that; perhaps it is just the Radio Broadcasters being joking with the listeners instead.

As my business in this town was done, I decided to head for my next destination, Blackthorn City! Except for the fact that the guy blocking the way still was there and he won’t let me pass no matter what I do… even if I couldn’t really do anything. Not sure what to do next, might actually go back to Goldenrod and see if there is anything going on at the Radio Tower… but I really doubt that Team Rocket are doing something there, especially since I just destroyed their Hideout here in Mahogany…

Page 290 of 376 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340 ... LastLast