Page 319 of 375 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 9352

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Following my last post, I continued to train Dratini until around 8 o'clock in which my training ground for Atk and Spd would turn into Hoothoots and Spinaracs. I decided it was time to take on the Kimono Girls. Pretty easily beat out everything but Espeon and Umbreon. Took them down with a combination of Pupitar and Gengar, the latter being used on Espeon. Gengar then proceeded to sweep the rest of the Kimono Girls with a Hypnosis-Dream Eater/Shadow Ball treatment.

I climbed my way to the top of the Bell Tower and met Ho-oh. I got lucky with some sunny day uses in a row after the first move, which was a sacred fire which burned Pupitar. Pupitar used Rock Slide until Ho-oh was no more (as I like to kill off the legendaries at the beginning and go back for them later in the game).

After Ho-oh, I continued to Victory road where I met and beat my rival Silver. I am currently taking advantage of rematches to level up my team to around 50 if not 55 (as I will need to do that to get Dragonite and Tyranitar anyways). The team is as follows...

Lv 40 -- Lv 41 -- Lv 37 -- Lv 39 -- Lv 41 -- Lv 37

Today I get to work on levelling my team to the mid 50's while working on homework and other everyday things. Hopefully I can take down Lance before the end of the weekend

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

I am really struggling in my HG playthrough.There just not seems to be a place to train and I keep getting curbstomped by the Elite 4.Fortunately,Today I was able to reach till Bruno's last Pokemon,his Machamp(otherwise Will just used to destroy my team) but I don't think I will be able to defeat them with my low levelled team.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv.43 Male Timid (Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Slash) Ability:Torrent Held Item:None
    Fearow Lv.44 Male Lonely (Fly/Aerial Ace/U-Turn/Assurance) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:None
    Ampharos Lv.44 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave) Ability:Static Held Item:None
    Heracross Lv.43 Female Impish (Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Take Down/Horn Attack) Ability:Swarm Held Item:None
    Nidoking Lv.43 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Double Kick/Toxic Spikes) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:None
    Growlithe Lv.43 Male Adamant (Flamethrower/Fire Fang/Crunch/Leer) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None

If anyone had any good suggestions for places to train,please help me.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I managed to beat the elite 4 wth my team only lv 40 and 42 which was my rhyperier. NowI'm only going as far as it takes to catch suicune then I'm going to catch raikou.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Training Hoppip was tough. It could do nothing until Lv10 which meant I had to keep swapping out to Totodile every single battle. Once it finally learned Tackle I went to the Sprout Tower and took on all the sages with Hoppip and only used Totodile for the Hoothoot's. Once the head sage gave me Flash I went and trained Hoppip and Totodile to Lv15 because of Falkner's stupid critical hit spamming Pidgeotto. It took a little while but once they were both at the desired level I headed into the gym and challenged Falkner. Totodile took down his Pidgey in a single Bite. Hoppip came out against Pidgeotto and hit it with Poison Powder before being taken out by a CRITICAL HIT GUST!!!!!!! Totodile was back in and used Bite while it used Roost over and over and over. Once Bite finally caused it to flinch it only took one more Bite to bring it down. Falkner accepted his demise and gave me my first badge.

When I left the gym Professor Elm gave me a phone call wanting me to pick up something from the mart. When I got there I discovered that it was an egg and that a strange Kimono girl was interested in it. What could be in this egg? Could it be a new team member???

Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    I am really struggling in my HG playthrough.There just not seems to be a place to train and I keep getting curbstomped by the Elite 4.Fortunately,Today I was able to reach till Bruno's last Pokemon,his Machamp(otherwise Will just used to destroy my team) but I don't think I will be able to defeat them with my low levelled team.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv.43 Male Timid (Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Slash) Ability:Torrent Held Item:None
    Fearow Lv.44 Male Lonely (Fly/Aerial Ace/U-Turn/Assurance) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:None
    Ampharos Lv.44 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave) Ability:Static Held Item:None
    Heracross Lv.43 Female Impish (Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Take Down/Horn Attack) Ability:Swarm Held Item:None
    Nidoking Lv.43 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Double Kick/Toxic Spikes) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:None
    Growlithe Lv.43 Male Adamant (Flamethrower/Fire Fang/Crunch/Leer) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None

If anyone had any good suggestions for places to train,please help me.
    Levelling up in HG/SS was always a pain :/

You could just try battling the Elite Four over and over to level up, even if you don't beat all of them, you would still be getting EXP points from the ones you do beat.
    Can you call Gym leaders for a rematch? Set the clock on your game to the specific time that they say they will battle you.

I left the Cerulean City Gym after I defeated Misty and won the Cascade Badge. I went over to the Cerulean City Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon on the PC, and then I healed my injured Pokemon while I was there. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart,and then I headed east towards the Power Plant since I had to return the Machine Part that the Team Rocket thief stole. I battled some of the trainers along the way, and then I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center near Rock Tunnel. I then used Surf and I headed down stream to the Kanto Power Plant. I entered the building and I talked to the manager there. I gave him the missing Machine Part and then I solved the power crisis. I left the Power Plant after that and I decided to challenge the Zapdos outside. I managed to weaken it using Magmar, and I captured it inside an Ultra Ball. Then I saved the game.

I finally caught suicune. Man it took a long time. Now I'm going to catch raikou and ho-oh and then I will be done with soul silver ^^

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Default Pokemon HeartGold: The Union Cave and Team Rocket!

After getting the mystery egg, I walked west of Violet City, and received HM Rock Smash, which I taught Onix (received in that in-game trade, because YOLO). I went south of Violet City and skipped a few trainers, until I received the Old Rod. After that, I skipped all the skipped trainers again and walked back in Violet City and fished for about 5 mns, until I caught my third team member, a Poliwag! I just realized all my team members (Quilava;Zubat;Poliwag) are female, so I hope the next three are male! Anyways, with Poliwag I battled all trainers I had before skipped and managed to get her to level 14. Then, with the egg, Onix and also a Mareep in my team (again, because YOLO), I went in the Union Cave. There, I put Poliwag in front, and managed to get her to level 17 before I left the cave. Zubat also got one level, going to level 15. I left and arrived in Azalea Town.

In Azalea, first thing I did was beat this hiker, in a fight where all my team members participated. Then, I walked a bit and saw Kurt get harrassed by a Team Rocket guy. Kurt went back and I followed him to his house, where he told me about Team Rocket and the Slowpoke, and he then left to defeat Team Rocket, so as a good samaritan, I followed him. In Azalea Town, my egg hatched into a Togepi, which reminded me of boxing Onix, Togepi and Mareep. Then I ran to the Slowpoke Well, where Kurt had been harrassed before. I got in and saw Kurt was hurt, because apparently he fell and hit his back. Ok, so now I have to do everything alone, well with my Torch, Batwoman and Toad (nicknames). With Zubat in front, since he's very close to level 16, I started my quest to defeat Team Rocket. Also, Professor Elm, stop calling me!!!!!!! First I fought this grunt that had a Rattata and yet another Rattata in his team. Zubat took care of both of them, though he got hit by a lousy Quick Attack. Zubat leveled up to level 16 and so I put Torch (Quilava) in front. I found a Super Potion in the way, joy. Then I fought this other grunt that had a Zubat and an Ekans. I gave Quilava a Persim Berry because he got hit by a Supersonic, but he ended up knocking both Pokemon out. Oh yeah, I also gave Torch a Shell Bell. Torch is close to leveling up now. Next grunt had a Rattata, a Zubat and another Zubat, who were all OHKO'd. Torch got up to level 16, and our team is getting stronger now! We saw some Slowpoke without tails, poor things! One of them had a letter which we read. Last but not least, we found the executive, Proton.

TheSirPeras VS Proton
    VS

Quilava ended up knocking both his Pokemon out without losing any HP. He also leveled up to level 17!! After, Team Rocket ran away, and Kurt came to me. His back is better now and we went to his home, where he gave me some Fast Balls. We gave him our two Black Apricorns, and he told us to come back tomorrow, which we will. His granddaughter then gave me Kurt's phone number. We then stopped and saved for today.

Heart Gold Team

Today I attempted to do the Elite 4 again and guess what I managed to not only defeat Bruno but also Karen but needless to say I got curbstomped by his team.After defeating Karen my four Pokemon had fainted and i had only 3 Max revives so I was forced to use a Rare Candy to heal Nidoking(otherwise I never use Rare Candies).I think the game changing moment was when my Feraligatr's Ice Fang missed twice on his Level 50 Dragonite who single handedly defeated 4 members of my team(Fearow was defeated by Aerodactyl) before losing to my Heracross.But Heracross had a tough task of beating his two Lv.49 Dragonite and his Charizard but it couldn't and I lost.But atleast it was a little helpful in raising the levels of my Pokemon.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv.44 Male Timid (Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Slash) Ability:Torrent Held Item:None
    Fearow Lv.45 Male Lonely (Fly/Aerial Ace/U-Turn/Assurance) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:None
    Ampharos Lv.46 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave) Ability:Static Held Item:None
    Heracross Lv.44 Female Impish (Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Take Down/Horn Attack) Ability:Swarm Held Item:None
    Nidoking Lv.44 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Double Kick/Toxic Spikes) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:None
    Growlithe Lv.44 Male Adamant (Flamethrower/Fire Fang/Crunch/Leer) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None

I headed south of Violet City and battled the trainers. Hoppip became much easier to train once I taught it Bullet Seed. I entered into the Union Cave and evolved both Hoppip and Totodile inside the small cave. When I emerged in Azalea Town I witnessed a Team Rocket grunt harassing a poor old man so with the help of Kurt I challenged Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well and cleared them from the town. Now that the gym was open I beat all the gym trainers and challenged Bugsy. Skiploom started off against Scyther and put it to sleep and then I swapped out to Croconaw and pelted it with Bite. It woke up and used U-Turn to swap out to Metapod which was easy bait for Croconaw. Once Metapod was down Croconaw learned Ice Fang which took out Scyther in one hit. Skiploom then defeated Kakuna and I had my second badge!

Once I left the gym I tried to go to the Ilex Forest but I was stopped by my rival. Croconaw ended up sweeping his team with Bite and Ice Fang. Then I found the Farfetch'd, got through the forest, and took a break.

Planned Omega Ruby Team

HeartGold

I transferred and caught Deoxys, Groudon, Jirachi, Latias, Latios & another legendary (Rayquaza maybe) from another Emerald to HeartGold. Caught Zapdos, beat Clair & Lance, and now I just need Clair & Blue's Pokégear numbers and then I've got all the gym leaders.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Today,I attempted the Elite 4 for another time but still couldn't defeat Lance.I only defeated his Gyarados and his Lv.50 Dragonite and that too because it is (surprisingly) slower than his Lv.49 Dragonite.But then his Lv.49 Dragonite with Thunder defeated my only hope against his three Dragonite.my Feraligatr and then he swept my other team members.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv.44 Male Timid (Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Slash) Ability:Torrent Held Item:None
    Fearow Lv.46 Male Lonely (Return/Fly/Aerial Ace/U-Turn) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:None
    Ampharos Lv.47 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave) Ability:Static Held Item:None
    Heracross Lv.44 Female Impish (Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Take Down/Horn Attack) Ability:Swarm Held Item:None
    Nidoking Lv.44 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Double Kick/Toxic Spikes) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:None
    Growlithe Lv.45 Male Adamant (Heat Wave/Fire Fang/Crunch/Leer) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None

I skipped the trainers south of Goldenrod and ran straight through the city and northern route all the way to the National Park. Why? Because the Bug Catching Contest was on! I entered with Skiploom and ran from all the Caterpie's and Weedle's I found until I encountered a Scyther. I caught it and managed to come in third place. Although it didn't win the competition for me I still decided to add it to the team! I headed back to train Scyther on all the trainers I skipped and then against the various trainers inside the city as well. Scyther then managed to beat all the gym trainers so I went ahead and challenged Whitney.

Scyther beat Clefairy no sweat. Then she sent out Miltank. Rollout defeated Skiploom on the second turn of using it, then the third turn defeated my HM slave Rattata, then the fourth turn beat the newly hatched Togepi, and the fifth turn knocked out Croconaw. Luckily I had been getting attacks in during those Rollout's so when it came down to Scyther I was able to win with Pursuit. I grabbed the Squirt Bottle and then headed to the weird tree and knocked it out with Skiploom. I proceeded into Ecruteak City and took a break.

Planned Omega Ruby Team

Default Scyther & Miltank & Golbat

After beating Proton I headed to the gym. In the gym I got my Zubat to level up a bit. Then came Bugsy. His Scyther killed my Zubat, and again he was the first one to fall, poor Zubat. I sent in Quilava and was lucky that Scyther didn't use U-Turn, and just spammed Focus Energy and Quick Attack, so I beat Scyther. Then I let Poliwag beat Kakuna and Metapod. I received my second badge and U-Turn, may teach it to Zubat. Then I remembered I could get some Heavy Balls from Kurt and got them.

So before the Ilex Forest, my rival showed up, can't remember his name because he's just that bad. When I first played Gold/Crystal I thought it was a girl, lmao. Anyways, he showed up and I beat him pretty easily. Then I entered the Ilex Forest, and got the Far and the Fetch'd back to the kid and received Cut, which I taught to a random Oddish. I taught Headbutt to Quilava for Tackle, and my Zubat helped a Kimono Girl leave the forest. I left the forest and beat those trainers, and managed to get Quilava and Zubat up to level 19, while Poliwag is almost there. I met up with Lyra and she introduced me to the Day Care. Since it was night I also battled the cop dude, and I managed to level up Poliwag. I caught a Ditto in the way to Goldenrod and put it in the day care.

I got the bike and much like Drummerdude I headed to the National Park after changing the date, and chose Zubat as my go-to Pokemon!! I didn't really avoid any trainers though since I will only get my next team member after the 3rd gym. A stupid Butterfree paralysed my Zubat like a little ***** and that made everything much harder. I was even slower than noob little Weedles... Anyways, my strategy was to run away from Pokemon like Scyther and Pinsir so I wouldn't get killed by them. Eventually after killing tons of Weedle and Caterpie, Zubat got to level 22 and evolved into the epic Golbat!! After that I left and healed, and went to the 3rd gym.

I got Golbat to level 23 after fighting 2 gym trainers but she didn't evolve, so I put Poliwag in front. She leveled up quickly so I got Quilava in front. She got to level 20, and then battled Whitney. First came Clefairy, which Quilava beat. Then Miltank beat Quilava and Poliwag, who both did an amazing job, and then Golbat beat Miltank!!

Stopped and saved.

Heart Gold Team

Last edited by TheSirPeras; 30th September 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Finally I beat the Elite 4 and right now I'm in Kanto. Wow, the E4 were though but I was able to beat them though. Lance was definitely the toughest but I beat his last Poke with Typhlosion. Anyways, I'm planning where should I go next now that I'm in Kanto.

Trained my shiny Typhlosion to level 50 while EV training and powered through the first 7 gyms. Heading through the Dark Cave at the moment to take on the 8th gym.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

My entire party just got infected with PokéRus. I think my freshly traded-over Electrike got it when he fought a wild Pokémon and now it's spread over to all my party Pokémon. Gonna make sure I train them a lot while their growth is increased for the time being.
    Last edited by Pietaar; 29th September 2012 at 4:25 PM.

Another Elite 4 failed attempt.But this time I decided to use Held Items and was able to defeat 3 of Lance's Pokemon(i.e.Gyarados,Lv.50 Dragonite,Lv.48 Dragonite with Thunder).Next Time,I will do the Elite 4 but that time i will try to level up my Pokemon not try to win because when I try to win,I use type advantages and that's why only my Ampharos and Fearow are close to levels of Lance and his team.

Team:

Feraligatr Lv.45 Male Timid (Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Screech) Ability:Torrent Held Item:None
    Fearow Lv.48 Male Lonely (Return/Fly/Drill Peck/U-Turn) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:None
    Ampharos Lv.49 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave) Ability:Static Held Item:None
    Heracross Lv.45 Female Impish (Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Take Down/Horn Attack) Ability:Swarm Held Item:None
    Nidoking Lv.45 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Double Kick/Toxic Spikes) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:None
    Growlithe Lv.46 Male Adamant (Heat Wave/Fire Fang/Crunch/Leer) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:None

Default Golbat is so OP!!!!!!!!

Last time I defeated Miltank and Whitney. So after that, I got the SquirtBottle, but before continuing, I actually went to the underground which I had forgotten about. I put Poliwag up front, and beat the first 2 trainers, while Quilava beat the other 2. So after that, I battled all the trainers I hadn't before, and went straight to the weird tree, skipping some trainers at the National Park.

I caught Sudowoodo with a Heavy Ball and luckily it had a neutral nature + Rock Head ability!! I now have my 4th team member, called CopyPaste (don't ask). Anyways, with Sudowoodo about 4-5 levels away from everyone else (forgot to say Quilava got to level 25 in the Bug Catching Contest and Poliwag got to level 24 by battling random trainers), I battled everyone else with Sudowoodo, getting her to level 23. Then I made my way towards Ecruteak City, and when I arrived there, I met Bill. I got HM Surf which I taught Poliwag and got the Dowsing Machine. I entered the Burned Tower and met Morty and Eusine. I also saw Suicune, Raikou and Entei. In there, I also met up with my rival Drummer. We battled, and my Poliwag ended up evolving to Poliwhirl! Woo hoo After we defeated Drummer, we finished our tour in the tower, and finished our training with Sudowoodo to level 25.

Gym time! I put Golbat up front, and pwned whoever came in front of me. Sudowoodo also helped against a Haunter with Faint Attack. Then came Morty, and Golbat beat all his Pokemon, and ended up with 7HP. After the battle, Golbat started glowing white and evolved into a Crobat!! I received the badge.

Then I surfed to Mahogany Town and went to the route before the lake of rage and ran around skipping the trainers, and finally found my 5th team member, a Girafarig! I caught it at level 15 and saved.

Heart Gold Team

Last edited by TheSirPeras; 30th September 2012 at 4:26 PM.

Why is Sudowoodo named CopyPaste TheSirPeras?

When I entered Ecruteak City I went to the Pokemon Center and met Bill. He spoke with me about the PC system and told me to visit him in Goldenrod. I figured I would be nice and visit and he seemed to appreciate the visit so much that he gave me an Eevee as a thank you. Because I don't want to be rude I guess I'll just have to make Eevee my fourth team member. I began training it against the trainers I had skipped to get to Ecruteak City. When I returned to the city instead of going to save the Kimono girl or exploring the Burned Tower I decided to head west and battle more trainers to train Eevee but when I entered the grass I encountered a wild Miltank. After remembered the almost annihilation that was Whitney's gym battle I figured, "If you can't beat em (I did beat em), join em!" So I captured the Miltank and added it to the team!

After the capture I headed to the Pokeathlon Dome and participated in the speed event a few times with Skiploom, Croconaw, and Eevee. What will Eevee evolve into? Does my taking part in the Pokeathlon have anything to do with it or was I just bored? Stay tuned!

Last edited by Drummerdude; 1st October 2012 at 2:10 AM.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Well I mine as well share that I just recently beaten the Elite Four along with Lance.

I had 3 goals in mind obtain this victory though. First was to capture and level Ho-oh to L50 which was simple enough. He ended up replacing my Growlith as my main fire type. I also dropped fire blast and gave him fly since I figured I should replace my flier as well Togetic since I can't evolve him into his final form plus I had Ho-oh a attacking power house which Fly would be a solid move with enough power and PP to cover for his lack of PP for sacred fire.

Togetic was kind of a weird one on my team. He was good for awhile cause of extrasensory but Ho-oh also knew that and despite Ho-oh being a attack specialist he still blew Togetic's special attack out of the park so I decided I wanted a ghost type to compliment my team.

My second goal was to obtain a Gengar. This obviously would take some time since this required trading. Well I tried putting up a Growlithe first looking for a Haunter since you can catch them in the wild and I thought Growlithe was only available on gold. Well it too so long so I swapped Growlithe out for a Graveler since there was one in my inventory. I thought since it evolved through trade as well someone may just throw up a Haunter to get Golem.

While this was happening I also wanted Raikou as my third goal. I already weakened him through various incidents and put paralyzed him and threw numerous quick balls at him since I like that pokeball design for him. Unfortunately I was getting sick of it and so I decided to train a pokemon that learned mean look. First I tried a Golbat but it took too long leveling him to 33 so I caught a Ghastly and leveled it to 25 and kept mean look. This kept Raikou in place and I easily caught him within 5 ultra balls.

Back at the GTS no one was biting for my Graveler. I guess no one liked him. I then remembered I trained a Haunter and decided I should just do a pokemon swap. Needless to say this worked rather quickly. I now had a capable Gengar that took no time at all to level up and became combat ready.

I went into the pokemon league with a capable team.
    Steelix. This guy was my weakest at L40. It took awhile to level this guy since I caught him myself and didn't get through a trade but he mainly is my HM pokemon so I can use strength and rock smash. Despite his level. I could use him against types hes strong against and he was near invulnerable with the ridiculous defense despite being 10 levels lower than some of the opponents I ended up using him against.
    Dragonaire was at L44 at the start. It was a she and I got it early in goldenrod playing the voltorb mine sweeper game. She was almost hacks for have the time since Dragon Rage would 1 shot anything at those levels. Not to mention when she evolved into Dragonaire shes been strong for so long. Shes mainly a attack based pokemon that I can send out as a starter when I don't know what I'm facing first especially since she knows thunder wave a good status effect to throw down. Shes now one of my weaker members but I'm sure once shes reaches L55 that will change since Dragonite is a beast!
    The faithful starter. This guy was L48 and was my main to deal with Lance's Dragonites with Ice Fang and boy did he obliterate those guys. Screech and Ice Fang was all that was needed to end the L50 Dragonite. I got lucky cause the attack he used first missed.
    Raikou is pretty awesome. He replaced my other electric pokemon. The sheep thing Ampharasomething I don't remember its name. That guy was strong but Raikou was stronger and made a fine addition. It knew crunch, I bought thunder since I wanted a heavy hitting ability and I gave it shadow ball since Raikou is a special attack powerhouse. I figure its good to have a type attack uncommon for an electric type since I'll replace crunch with thunderbolt or something else he learns down the road. The 4th ability is reflect. I'm torn between that and getting rain dance once he can learn it. Rain dance makes thunder 100% hit chance which is a big deal so I might even drop shadow ball for it. I'll just have to see. He was L44 or 45 at the start as well.
    Ho-oh was L51. He was the powerhouse and my trump card. With fly and Extrasensory he essentially countered 2/3rds of the entire elite four and with a combo of sunny day and sacred fire he could essentially one almost anything. Getting this guy can really make the elite four experience easy.
    Lastly Gengar. The new edition to my team. Hes a bit funky when it comes to move sets. I'm upset he didn't know hypnosis in the beginning so I couldn't go that route so instead I made him into a special attack powerhouse. Hes super fast and hits like a truck with shadow ball. The only problem is hes a glass cannon. Oh hes a she too. Oops. ;P

Regardless, this is the team I chose to take on the elite four. They all went down but by sheer bad luck and poor execution on my part vs Bruno who should of been a walk in the park for Ho-oh I ended up only doing half his health with extrasensory and rockslide 1 shot him. Yikes. Yeah 3 other pokemon followed suit in that mess up too but My starter managed to beat him up. Everyone else including Lance was pretty easy.

Funny how you can write off the guy who you think you'll dominate as the lowest threat and end up doing the most damage. I suppose my lesson is to not underestimate.

I'm now in Kanto just exploring the area before I hit up a Gym. I think I'll be checking out the downed power plant first though.

Ok, First thing I did while in Kanto is that I had to solve the Power plant problem. Which I did by beating that Rocket grunt (last one I'm pretty sure) and got my reward after returning the missing part too. Anyways, after that, I did the Latios sidequest wherein I caught him using my Masterball. I'm using him right now on my team because he's pretty good and he's got decent stats and he happens to be my second most favorite Pokemon (for those who didn't know). Anyways, I'm training him and while in the middle of training him, he happened to find this Shiny Leaf. I'm still training him though so he can finally take on the Gym leaders of Kanto.

I finally was able to defeat the Elite 4 and Lance and its all thanks to My Team.I was getting so frustrated because only 5 of my Pokemon were doing major damage,Growlithe had too weak Base Stats that its strongest attacks could not kill a weakened Pokemon.So as it learned Flare Blitz at Lv.48,I transferred a Fire Stone from my Platinum to HeartGold and evolved him.I found 2 Heart Scales after 15 minutes of Rock Smashing in Cianwood City.I got my newly evolved Arcanine to learn Thunder Fang and ExtremeSpeed.All the Elite 4 were easy but still Lance was still difficult.In the end,we both had one Pokemon each left:His Charizard and My Fearow.But my Fearow pulled off the victory in the end.I got the S.S. Aqua Ticket from Professor Elm and I am just about to board it and go to Kanto.

Team:

Lv.50 Male Timid (Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Thrash) Ability:Torrent Held Item:NeverMelt Ice

Lv.53 Male Lonely (Return/Fly/Drill Peck/U-Turn) Ability:Keen Eye Held Item:Shell Bell

Lv.52 Female Mild (Discharge/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Thunder Wave) Ability:Static Held Item:Choice Specs

Lv.48 Female Impish (Close Combat/Aerial Ace/Take Down/Horn Attack) Ability:Swarm Held Item:None

Lv.48 Male Hardy (Poison Jab/Earthquake/Double Kick/Toxic Spikes) Ability:Poison Point Held Item:Quick Claw

Lv.49 Male Adamant (Flare Blitz/Thunder Fang/Crunch/ExtremeSpeed) Ability:Intimidate Held Item:Bright Powder

It's strange, ive bought pokemon white but dont even want to start it until ive caught them all. heartgold is my favourite over all the pokemone games

I like rematching all the gym leaders, the elite four are always fun to play and i can migrate pokemon from my games leafgreen,firered, ruby (which i play over and over again to raise different pokemon/stock up on tm's/berries/items/pokeballs).

I also completed pearl/diamond so many times and still trade from my heartgold to these games.

Think im just so use to the pre 5th gen pokemon as now there are so damn many and the older pokemon will always remember because i grew up around them

...i also have 651:40 hours on my heartgold game starting it in February 27th, 2011; so stoked!
    Crew dem;
    ...and more

Chillin' Heart Gold battles and trading; PM me

Mark; 2967 2456 5413 - FC

"Blaze blunts like a bear!"

Trying to get Magmar, Electabuzz, Larvitar, and Eggecute(don't know the real spelling), I just restarted the game and on the way to Cianwood city.
    Team: Pidgetto and Feraligatr.

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

Page 319 of 375 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast