Page 322 of 374 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 9342

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I have been pretty tired of the Unova region lately, as I own all 4 games for that region. So on a whim, I decided to start over Pokemon SoulSilver, my favorite Pokemon game ever. Here is what has happened so far:
    Started in New Bark Town, named my character Mallory (which is my name). Went to Professor Elm, got a Chikorita. Girl on the first pick! I can never use Meganium unless it is female, so that saved me a lot of trouble. Went to Mr. Pokemon's house, went back to New Bark (you sure do have to go back and forth a lot). Finally made it to Violet City, and beat the Sprout Tower easily. Surprisingly, I didn't come across a single Rattata. With Chikorita still my only Pokemon, I decided to try to beat Falkner. I knew it was going to be difficult, but on the fourth try, I barely beat him. Got a call from my boyfriend saying he Random Encountered a shiny Vulpix and was willing to give it to me. I am so excited! Because Chikorita is overlevelled, I am having to wait until tomorrow when he goes to his Dad's where he can connect to the wifi to give me the Vulpix so I can train it appropriately. So I'm kind of stuck where I am for now.
    My Shines (Gifts/GTS, some RE): -Lucky, -Pichu, -Raichu, - Vileplume, -Bellera, -Hunbro, -Entei, - Darunia, -Burning, -Mew, -Flybea, - Azumarill, -Weavile, -Arceus, - Blaxorus, -Janine, -Swampert, -O'kee, -Purple, -Suicune, -Raikou, -Furret, -Blupo, -Charming (first random encounter on Black), -Blingblang, -Tempos, -Whiscash, -Rueben and Rubri, -Goragal, -Starmie, -Porygon-Z, -Athena, -Jim Bo, -Pinkeye (first ever shiny encounter on Emerald).

I played the Voltorb Flip game at the Goldenrod City Game Corner for a while since I was bored, then I headed over to the GTS in town in order to trade with other people. I found some foreign Pokemon on there, but what I really wanted was a Japanese Ditto so that I could do the Masuda Method later on to hatch a Shiny Pokemon. Sadly, all the Japanese Ditto owners were looking for outrageous Pokemon in exchange for them, so I left the GTS building. I headed north to National Park, then I visited Ecruteak City. I went to the Burned Tower and I searched around for a wild Magmar. I found one after searching around the rubble for about 15 minutes, and I captured it in a Quick Ball. I traded it over to my other SoulSilver verstion with the special evolution item attached, and it evolved into Magmortar. I traded it back to my game and I went to train it at Mt. Silver with Exp. Share attached.

picked up heartgold again after a looong time (possibly a year). i restarted the game and chose cyndaquil since I picked chikorita the last time and i dislike totodile's line. i played for about three hours yesterday but didn't come very far (just arrived to azalea) since i decided i'd catch every pokémon i haven't yet.

among those pokémon i caught a hoothoot and gastly and decided to use them in my team. i would've used pidgey but i decided i'm going to use noctowl this time because i use pidgeot in every game where it's possible to get one. i have never used gastly either but i gave her a honorary place in my team since gengar is my boyfriend's favourite pokémon. :> too bad she'll be absolutely horrible until she learns at least shadow ball or i find some decent tms for her.

off to bugsy and whitney now, i guess~

Last edited by xerxes; 6th November 2012 at 8:59 PM.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”
    myanimelist || hummingbird || vndb || tumblr || last.fm

I went over to National Park today and I participated in the Bug Catching Contest. I wandered around the tall grass and I captured several Pokemon, but I was only allowed to keep one for judging. I came in second place this week with a level 27 Scyther, then I headed over to Violet City. I withdrew an event Arceus from my PC box at the Pokemon Center, and I took it over to the Ruins of Alph which were located right next to the city. I went to the house/lab there and I met a man. He told me more about Arceus and I eventually managed to warp to Sinjoh Ruins. I headed into a cabin and I met Cynthia the Sinnoh Champion there. We talked and she headed into the Mystri Stage in order to start the Arceus event. I went there too and I chose to make Arceus create a Palkia. I eventually received it after going through the cut-scene, and I headed over to the Violet City Pokemon Center to store it.

rescued the slowpoke in azalea, grinded up a bit for bugsy and hatched the egg while i was at it. the battle with bugsy started off badly since i didn't know he would start with scyther and i sent out gastly first, thinking i could get past metapod and kakuna without getting any damage and to boost up gastly's exp a bit. in the end i had quilava do everything.

then i went through ilex forest, got the two farfetch'd yadda yadda. once i came out, i battled all the trainers in the route just before goldenrod and hoothoot finally evolved! it was about time since i hated looking at the little fat thing. afterwards, i entered the bug catching contest and won with a lv13 scyther. it was a close call because my noctowl was poisoned and i only had about 5 parkballs left when i started battling it. i had a butterfree as a backup (the one who poisoned me and made me waste parkballs in the first place) either way so it wouldn't matter that much either way. i won and got a sun stone.

after some more grinding i went to whitney's gym. gastly would've evolved during that time but i decided i'll evolve her when she learns shadow ball as it learns it much sooner as a gastly than as a haunter and i don't want to put up with night shade until then. whitney was a nightmare. clefairy went down easily but the miltank... i thought it wouldn't be much of a problem since her rollout strategy from GSC has changed to attract + stomp spam, oh how wrong i was. i just continued with my quilava because i figured flame wheel would still do at least 1/3 damage but it turned out to be 1/5 and when she stomped me, i lost over a half. i switched to noctowl while she milk drinked to hypnotise her and put up reflect. then i went back to quilava and started spamming smokescreen. she woke up after the first one and started stomping me but with reflect and a couple super potions i managed to rack up 6 smokescreens before quilava fainted. then i switched back to noctowl (who was immune to attract), put up reflect again and started spamming confusion. after a long battle of milk drinking and attempting to stomp my noctowl, miltank finally fell!

then i went north to catch the sudowoodo and talk to bill, then went back to get my eevee. luckily the pokémon marathon was just giving out water stones today so i went ahead and entered a skill and some speed competitions (won all of them, whoo) and evolved eevee into vaporeon. now i'm heading back to get elm's everstone and to deliver the spearow with the mail. tomorrow i'm going to look for snubbull to put in my team. that's... going to be a horrible experience. e_e

Last edited by xerxes; 6th November 2012 at 11:47 PM.

“... even if the world line changes, as long as you don't forget me, i'm there.”

I returned to Cianwood City and went along the path to the Safari Zone to get some more experience. Once I got there I returned to Olivine and challenged Jasmine. Umbreon defeated both of her Magnemite's thanks to Dig and Feraligatr beat her Steelix with Surf. I got a badge and a TM for Iron Tail before leaving the gym. Before heading to Mahogany Town I went ahead and traded Scyther over to SoulSilver so it could evolve into Scizor! Once I got it back I returned to Ecruteak City and went east and battled some trainers and encountered a certain Legendary Dog before taking a break upon my arrival in the city.

Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

spent most of my morning looking for snubbull. it might've taken me less time if i hadn't battled every pokémon i encountered and if i wasn't watching anime at the same time. by the time i finally found one and recovered from my heart attack, my vaporeon went from lv 5 to 33 from just fighting off those pesky raticates. the snubbull was female like i wanted her to be but sadly she didn't have intimidate, though considering i spent about two hours just looking for the fucking thing i shouldn't be complaining. she's jolly which isn't bad i suppose.

went to the burnt tower to kick my rival's ass and released the three beasts. i went back to goldenrod to tell buena the password and i ended up seeing entei on my way there and a raikou on my way back. both in the same patch of grass. derp. of course i failed to catch either of them. i also leveled up gastly up to lv 29 so she would learn shadow ball a little earlier and let her evolve. while i was trading her between my games to turn her into a gengar, i traded over a thunderbolt from my pearl game and taught it to her so she can be fully badass.

then i finally entered the gym, leading with snubbull who had turned out to be great against most of the trainers there since she is unaffected by just about everything that roams there except curse and her bite ko'd most gastly and 2-ko'd the haunters. once i came up to morty i ko'd his first gastly, then i switched my gengar when he was about to use his. ko'd the other gengar and a haunter with shadow ball, then went back to snubbull to knock out his last haunter which gave her just enough exp to evolve. my team is finally coming together! only quilava is left to be evolved.

did some grinding in the lighthouse, talked to jasmine and went to cianwood. the trip there took forever as always. it's probably one of my least favourite places in the game you must go through. all my pokémon are around lv 33 right now and i'm going to beat chuck tomorrow.

I decided to get all the special Pokemon activated events out of the way, so I flew to Azalea Town after doing the Arceus event in order to do the Ilex Forest Spiky-Ear Pichu event. I withdrew the Pikachu-colored Pichu from the local Pokemon Center, then I went through the gatehouse that led to the Ilex Forest. Once there, I cut down the tree that was infront of the forest shrine and I interacted with it. The special Spiky-Ear Pichu appeared and an old man arrived to tell me more about it. I learned about the Pichu and then I added it to my party. I headed out after that and I flew to Goldenrod City in order to do more trades at the GTS building. I used the Name Rater's services after that, then I went to the Pokeathlon Dome to participate in some activities there. I won some courses and I got some points. I spent some on items at the item exchange desk, then I saved the game outside.

went north of cianwood to scare off suicune and fight eusine. it was a fairly easy match, i knocked out just about all he had with gengar's shadow ball. afterwards i spent some time grinding up to finally evolve my sentret since it wouldn't learn certain hms unless it evolved (i'm looking at you, strength). afterwards i went to chuck's gym and defeated as many trainers as possible with just quilava because it's a couple levels behind the rest of the team and i want it to evolve already. when i went up against chuck i lead with quilava as well and managed to knock out his primeape with it, though i was paranoid as it used double team twice and then proceeded to spam focus punch but lickily all my hits landed so in the end he didn't do anything. then i switched to gengar and fried his poliwarth with thunderbolt. badge get.

got fly and picked up the medicine for amphy. then i flew over to jasmine to hand over the medicine and fight her. figured it would be easy with quilava but when i battled against her first magnemite, it was left with its hp in the red, just enough to use thunderwave. the next turn it outsped quilava and used supersonic and i failed to land an attack. spent some time struggling against it until it fainted, then i couldn't be bothered with a paralyzed pokemon anymore and switched to vaporeon who ko'd everything else she had with surf.

baoba called me afterwards, saying that the safari zone had opened. i made my was though the trainers there and finished his first test by catching the geodude. also caught a larvitar, magneton, jigglypuff, ekans and grimer while i was there. i was trying to get a murkrow as well since i was already there but i ran out of pokéballs. maybe next time.

then i went through the cave that connects ecruteak and mahogany (mt. mortar? idk), picked up everything possible without waterfall and rock climb. now i'm heading towards lake of rage. quilava finally evolved while fighting off the first bunch of trainers there.

I participated at the Pokeathlon some more after winning some points just for the fun of it (and also because I got really addicted to it). I headed out after about an hour of playing there, and I went to National Park. I participated in the Bug Catching Contest since it was Thursday, and I captured several Pokemon and chose to keep a Dustox for Pokedex purposes. I won first place this time, and I headed over to Violet City after winning the prize. I swapped Pokemon on the PC, then I went over to the trade counter and I connected with Diamond version in order to trade some version exclusive Pokemon over. I flew over to New Bark Town after that, and I Surfed until I arrived in the Kanto region. I used Fly and I went over to Saffron City in order to battle some of the Gym Leaders who were waiting at the Dojo. I battled against Misty and Whitney, then I saved before battling Clair.

Blazed my way through half of Kanto including the Fuchsia gym. It is the lowest levelled gym in Kanto, about the same as Lance but with worse pokemon.
    Vermillion gym came next. Cho the Golem and Coleos the Heracross swept them all. Similar story with Celadon except with Lestrade the Togekiss and Sulad the Magmortar. Can I just say that the gym TMs are simply terrible. Apart from Overheat, Poison Jab and Trick Room all these TMs should've come in the middle of Johto somewhere. I should be getting Charge Beam, Energy Ball, Psychic, Stone Edge, and...okay all the Water Tms are pretty bad.

Now Sabrina, she was just as tough as I remember. She's the highest levelled leader in Kanto apart from Blue and her pokemon hit like trucks with Psychic(well apart from Mr. Mime). Espeon managed to take out 2 pokemon before I managed to KO it. I revived and healed the team againsat Mr. Mime preparing for Alakazam.
    It used Reflect on the first turn allowing be to use Yawn and then Air Slash it. Sabrina's Full Restore undid Lestrade's work. After Yawning it again and having Lestrade go down to a critical Psychic, Hertz the Feraligatr finished the job with Crunch.
    That was probably the hardest battle I'll have until the E4.

Anyway, I sorted out the Power Plant and got Kanto running again. Beat the Cerulean Gym. Got the train pass. Kanto Radio stations are up and running and I went on to catch Snorlax. I was very lucky here. After putting it to sleep and weakening it, my first Heavy Ball caught it. After such bad luck with Ho-oh this was welcome change.

Headed through Diglett cave and emerged on Route 2. About to head into Pewter City and destroy Brock. It did occur to me that you never need to awaken that Snorlax. Of course, going South from Fuchsia city, by the Seafoam Islands, through Pallet Town and all the way through Viridian city and its forest is far too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I headed to Celadon City after battling against the Gym Leaders at the Fighting Dojo. I went shopping since I had a lot of money, and I bought some more Ultra Balls and some TMs that I didn't have. I headed out to the Game Corner after that and I played the Voltorb Flip game for a while. I flew to Fuchsia City afterwards, and I visited the Pal Park building in order to transfer some Pokemon over from Emerald version. After capturing them in the park itself, I rearranged my Boxes in the PC and I flew over to Johto again. I wandered around the Olivine City Lighthouse and battled some of the trainers who were waiting for rematches there. I returned to the Battle Castle and the Battle Frontier once that was done, and I defeated another seven trainers there. I got bored after that, so I just went to the Battle Hall and I participated with my Blaziken. I won 10 battles and I saved after getting BP.

My last update was ages ago... Well I'm gonna start this post with: Does anyone know where I can get a King's Rock? Anyways, I flew to Olivine to battle on the 6th gym to catch up with Drummerdude. Got Quilava up front. Let's do this

VS Jasmine
    Quilava VS Magnemite - Flame wheel killed it
    Poliwhirl VS Steelix - Don't know, I just know that I kept clicking on surf until Steelix died xD
    Quilava VS Magnemite - Flame wheel... lawl

Training my Pokemon to level 33, whenever Im done I'll update this

Heart Gold Team

I switched to my HeartGold version in order to continue the main storyline that I had neglected in the past few months. I started out in Olivine City after obtaining the SecretPotion for Jasmine's Ampharos. I climbed the Lighthouse and I gave Jasmine the medicine. Her Ampharos was healed immediately, and Jasmine returned to the Olivine City Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, and then I headed out to the Olivine City Gym. There were two Gym trainers there, but they didn't battle me. I challenged Jasmine right away, and I used my Magmar against her first Magnemite. I defeated it with Fire Spin, then I sent out my Poliwhirl to battle against her Steelix. Surf attack damaged Steelix, but I had to use Graveler's Magnitude to defeat it. I used Magmar's Ember attack against Jasmine's second Magnemite, and I won the Mineral Badge and Iron Tail TM after beating Jasmine.

After weeks of soft resetting, I just caught my shiny Lugia.. it took so long, but it's so worth it!
    It has a Bold nature and awful IVs, but I pretty much don't care.

And now, off to get Omastar, Kabutops and Mewtwo, and finally completing the Johto Pokédex!
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

I've been grinding at mt silver. Trying to get my low level pokemon I never trained to evolve. I also on a losing streak at voltorb flip.

I healed my Pokemon at the Olivine City Pokemon Center after my battle with Jasmine. I bought some items at the Poke Mart, then I fished around the water for a wild Krabby, but I gave up after a few minutes when one didn't appear. I headed north after that, and I stopped by Moomoo Farm to feed an Oran Berry to the sick Miltank there. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass on my way to Ecruteak City, and I stopped by the Pokemon Center when I arrived. I swapped Pokemon, then I headed south to collect some Apricorns. I went south to National Park, and I wandered around there for a while before I finally returned to Ecruteak City. I went through the gatehouse to the east of the city and I arrived at Route 42. I found the Shadow Claw TM on the ground, then I met a Hiker who exited Mt. Mortar. He gave me the Strength HM. I entered Mt. Mortar after that, then I saved inside.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    My last update was ages ago... Well I'm gonna start this post with: Does anyone know where I can get a King's Rock? Anyways, I flew to Olivine to battle on the 6th gym to catch up with Drummerdude. Got Quilava up front. Let's do this

VS Jasmine
    Poliwhirl VS Steelix - Don't know, I just know that I kept clicking on surf until Steelix died xD

Heart Gold Team

You can buy a kings rock at the pokeathlon when you have enough points. The items you can buy change daily, not sure on which day the king's rock is up, but that's how I got mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post

VS Jasmine

Heart Gold Team

You can get King's Rock in Slowpoke Well after being able to use Surf outside of battle.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

I wandered around Mt. Mortar and I battled some wild Pokemon. I was lucky enough to encounter a wild Marill inside, so I captured that. I eventually ran into some trainers, and I battled them as well. Unfortunately, I couldn't access all of Mt. Mortar since I didn't have the Waterfall HM, so I went around the cave until I exited on the other side of Route 42. I battled some more trainers there, then I arrived in Mahogany Town. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, then I swapped Pokemon. I headed outside again, but there wasn't much to do since the local Gym was blocked for the time being. I headed north toward Route 43 and Lake of Rage, and I battled some trainers in the grass there. I also took the opportunity to train my Pokemon. I eventually arrived at the lake shore, and I Surfed until I came across the Red Gyarados. I battled it and I saved after I successfully captured it.

Pewter Gym was easy. Rock types have so many weaknesses that only Sulad the Magmortar didn't have a part in the battle.

I deicded that the game needed some challenge, so after making my way to Pallet Town I decided to do all of Kanto's sea in one go. All of Route 19-21, including the Seafoam Islands and the gym with no pokecentres in between. The biggest challenge here was not running out of Repels. I reached Fuschia with 2 left after expelling 20 or so exploring everything. Also PP became an issue as well, tapping into my Ether/Elixir store. On the bright side, I got a ton of Pearls in the Seafoam Islands.
    Oh and the Seafoam gym was easy. Yeah, Fire types aren't the most challenging, as they don't have much type variation that affects the types' weaknesses.
    Off to the Viridian gym to take on Blue, then I'll gather the gym leader's phone numbers and grind for E4 round 2, but not before exploring the rest of Kanto and everything accessible by Rock Climb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I returned to the lake shore after I captured the Red Gyarados, and I met Lance there. We talked and I headed back to Mahogany Town to help solve the crisis there. I healed at the Pokemon Center when I arrived, and then I entered the little shop in town. Lance was there already, and he uncovered the entrance to the secret underground base where Team Rocket was hiding or whatever. I went inside and fought some Team Rocket grunts the moment I stepped in, and I went around trying to get to the next floor. I made my way around the Team Rocket hideout and I battled some Team Rocket grunts and I obtained the passwords as well. Lance caught up to me and he helped me defeat Ariana and some Team Rocket grunt. When we defeated them, we gained access to the next room. Lance told me to help him defeat the wild Electrode that were being used as a power source. I saved.

I made bidoof my hm slave. I'm looking for heart scales in the rock tunnel since they seem to be there more. I am planing on making my mantine learn bubble beam again because now I have an HM slave for waterfall.

I battled against the three Electrode on my side, and then Lance gave me the Whirlpool HM after that. I headed out to Mahogany Town after that was done, and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I went to Mt. Mortar after that in order to train my Pokemon some more, then I returned to Mahogany Town to challenge the Gym for the Glacier Badge. I battled the trainers in the first room after sliding around, then I headed into the next room and I eventually reached Pryce's location. I challenged him and I defeated his Seel with my Ampharos's ThunderPunch attack. I switched to my Ninetales when he sent out his Piloswine, and I won that match with a few Ember attacks. I sent out my Haunter when Pryce sent out his Dewgong. Haunter got hit with Ice Shard, but Haunter's Shadow Ball attack was enough to defeat it in the end. I saved after getting the Glacier Badge.

I recently started a new file and reached Azalea Town.

I start off by helping Kurt take down Proton and his goons, I proceed to explore Ilex Forest after a heated battle with my rival: Cornell.

After playing tag with the Farfetch'd, I obtain Cut, I can't use it yet though.

Next stop: Bugsy!

Page 322 of 374 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast