Page 336 of 382 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 9527

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Routine View Post
    My SoulSilver save file is going to be three years old in a week, lol.

Anyway, I'm planning to get a 3DS soon-ish, which means I'll be able to transfer Pokemon between games! In preparation for this, I decided to finally capture all of the legendaries in my SS game. I already had Lugia, Suicune, Articuno and Zapdos. So I took my legendary birds, because I love them, but I don't get to use them often, and took off into the Cerulean cave to capture Mewtwo. Took four resets, the idiot kept killing himself with struggle.
    Then, I went after Moltres and caught him with little difficulty.
    Finally, I took my DS with me when Pirates of the Caribbean was on TV and decided to capture Ho-Oh. Also didn't take too long, but I forgot to save in front of him, so after I had to reset I needed to go through Bell Tower again, lol.
    I then proceeded to catch the roaming legendaries. I didn't even realize I already had Entei down to one HP and asleep. At any rate, they were a bit annoying, but not too hard to catch overall.

I'm trying to capture Latios now and hoo boy. This son of a pickle is down to 1 HP, either paralyzed (courtesy of my Ampharos) or asleep (leveled a Haunter for this), I've been trying for like 5 hours and it just won't stay in the damn ball. In addition to that, it takes ages to encounter him again after it flees or I reset. It keeps coming close to where I am, then suddenly appears halfway across the map. Why oh why did I use my Master Ball on Lugia *kicks past me*

I'm not going to give up, Latios, you shall be mine!
    I hate that. It happened to me in emerald. Groudon killed itself probably 4 or 5 times with struggle >.<

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I battled against the wild Snorlax that was sleeping on Route 11 and I was able to catch the thing with a Heavy Ball after I put it to sleep. I then healed my Pokemon at the Vermilion City Pokemon Center and I headed out to Diglett's Cave afterwards. I entered it and I traveled along it. I caught a wild Diglett inside and I eventually arrived on Route 2. I picked up some items and then I cut down a tree that was in the way and I battled a trainer near some tall grass. I headed north to Pewter City and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I bought some items at the Poke Mart. I obtained the Silver Wing key item from an old man, then I went to the Pewter Museum of Science and I had a look around there. After picking a couple of Apricorns, I headed to the Pewter City Gym. I battled against the two Gym trainers inside there and then I went out to heal my Pokemon at the local PC.

I finished beating everyone in the radio tower. Now I'm on my way to the ice cave.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

So after about after 4 days of play and distractions in-game. I finally have a Dragonite ready to go to 5th gen. Gonna catch Entei and Groudon since I completely forgot to catch them. Shroomish is next after than. Raikou is done as well. Pretty much just gonna EV pokes and leave em in the box for BW2.
    Wandering Trainer with A Mysterious Past......
    FC:0216-1314-5642
    Former Leader of the Storm Kings

Made by Brutaka

Yanmega + Haunter + Vaporeon is like...the best Pokemon Party ever.

6 badges down..2 to go.

Gotta catch the Red Gyarados now.

Shiny Meganium is cool..but sooooooo bad. Worst starter ever and I get it shiny.

Will add a Dratini soon enough..then hopefully a physical attacker. I need one. A fighter probably.

It's been awhile, but I finally beat the Elite 4 in my HeartGold runthrough. The Elite 4 wasn't too bad for the most part. Crane the Cacturne and Hugh the Qwilfish did practically nothing unfortunately. Dyre the Typhlosion, Rhynoplast the Rhydon, and ProfessorX the Xatu were all pretty decent. However the real champ was 'Murica the Snorlax! Not only was it 'Murica that defeated Koga's Muk and Crobat (both incredible nuisances) but he also swept Lance by himself. I used Curse 6 times and then went to town. For some weird reason Lance decided to save Aerodactyl for last, but it didn't matter because one Crunch did it in.

I have to say I lost interest in this playthrough but finishing it really got me back into it. I'll probably continue on, though I may swap out Hugh...

Current Team
    Dyre Lv44
    Crane Lv42
    'Murica Lv44
    Hugh Lv42
    ProfessorX Lv42
    Rhynoplast Lv43

I battled against Brock at the Pewter City Gym and I used my Quagsire against his Rhyhorn and Graveler and I beat both of them with Surf. I used Bellossom against his Omastar and Kabutops and I won each battle with Energy Ball. I used my Hypno against his Onix after that and when that didn't work out so well, I switched to Typhlosion and I won the battle with Earthquake. I won the Boulder Badge from Brock after I defeated him and I left the Gym. I headed back to the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I swapped Pokemon on the PC while I was there and then I decided to visit Mt. Moon to the east. I went to Route 3 and I battled some trainers along the mountain path that led to Mt. Moon. I arrived near the Pokemon Center there and I entered the cave. I immediately encountered my rival and I battled against him. I saved the game at Mt. Moon Square after said battle.

Lol. I've been looking for a Heracross all day in these damn headbutt trees.

I keep running into Spearow and I was thinking..what do they look like shiny..I don't wan to accidentally kill one if I see one.

An what do you know. Minutes later. Bam. Shiny Spearow.

Caught it. Bashful nature. Stored.

Man..I haven't seen a shiny random encounter since Diamond lol

I bought some items at the shop at Mt. Moon Square, and then I headed back into Mt. Moon's cavern. I headed over to Route 3 and I kept going along the path until I arrived in Pewter City again. After swapping Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, I went back south to Route 2 and I entered the Viridian Forest's gatehouse. Once inside the actual forest I wandered the tall grass and I captured a wild Pikachu that I encountered. I followed the forest labyrinth until I found some Bug Catchers and I battled against them for experience. I kept wandering around the forest until I found the southern entrance and I arrived at the southern portion of Route 2. I battled a couple more Bug Catcher trainers there and I arrived in Viridian City after that adventure. I couldn't yet access the Viridian City Gym since Blue wasn't there, so I bought some items at the Poke Mart and I saved at the Trainer House.

I beat Claire but lost Corn to her stupid kingdra. She got 2 criticals with dragon pulse on lanturn so I had to make a sacrifice somewhere D= RIP Corn. Now I'm about to battle the kimono girls and decided to use Radish, my diglett to replace Corn. Current team:

Bellpepper the meganium and Grape the slowking lv 40
    Lime the crobat and Eggplant the gengar lv 40
    Blueberry the lanturn and Rdish the diglett lv 41 and 21

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

So Im pretty much done with SS atm. Caught pretty much all possible Pokes and got a head start on breeding...gonna head to 5th Gen soon.
    Wandering Trainer with A Mysterious Past......
    FC:0216-1314-5642
    Former Leader of the Storm Kings

Made by Brutaka

Well I decided to stop grinding on Mt. Silver and head to catch Suicune. I decided to catch it with Premier balls so I got 50 by buying and selling Pokeballs x.x
    I spend most of the days and nights trying to catch it DX. Faints, accidental runaway from it (oops .-.), and having no premier balls on the long run so I kept reseting. Finally caught it and I was happy :3 I decided to then search for Mewtwo and catch it with the remaining Premier Balls I had on hand. He was easier to catch, since I just used about 7 of them and I was happy ^>^

I nicknamed Suicune Northix and.... I can't decide on a Nickname for Mewtwo.

I then decided to go and catch Ho-Oh.. and the surprising thing for me was that I captured it in a freaking Quick Ball @-@ Sure I was happy, but This Quick Ball captured it when I had run out of everything else beside the Master Ball, and I don't want to use that yet >.>. So much for a high capture rate on the first go XD I was still happy about it though :P

Currently trying to capture Latios. Who keeps fleeing >:c
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Created by Sworn Metalhead

I beat the kimono girls really easily with just Blueberry. She did have a little trouble with espeon and the stupid jolteon used double team like 7 times >.> Now I'm going to the whirl islands to beat lugia.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Just getting ready to restart a playthrough I started months ago. About to battle Lugia.
    The Team:
    Serpentide the Red Gyarados lv. 40
    Overload the Magnezone lv. 39
    Kookamunga the Espeon lv. 42
    KimYoo-Suk the Nidoqueen lv. 40
    Flocka the Murkrow lv. 29 (new to the party)
    Hit Me the Hitmontop lv. 25 (new to the party)

I don't really like Flocka but he fills my dark and flying needs, and I need to see how Hit Me is gonna do.
    Last edited by zwgiantsfan; 26th April 2013 at 4:25 PM.

NEW ORAS OU TEAM!!

FC: 1977-0183-9640

Quote Originally Posted by zwgiantsfan View Post
    Just getting ready to restart a playthrough I started months ago. About to battle Lugia.
    The Team:
    Overload the Magnezone lv. 39
    Flocka the Murkrow lv. 29 (new to the party)
    Hit Me the Hitmontop lv. 25 (new to the party)

I don't really like Flocka but he fills my dark and flying needs, and I need to see how Hit Me is gonna do.
    Murkrow is actually a really good pokemon once it evolves. I used one in soulsilver once and it was pretty strong.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    Murkrow is actually a really good pokemon once it evolves. I used one in soulsilver once and it was pretty strong.
    oh great, thanks!
    any good moveset that u used?

NEW ORAS OU TEAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by zwgiantsfan View Post
    oh great, thanks!
    any good moveset that u used?
    I remember using night slash and drill peck. I don't remember what else. It's pretty strong so physical moves are good.

Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I remember using night slash and drill peck. I don't remember what else. It's pretty strong so physical moves are good.
    ok thanks
    just realized i for some reason have 0 fire moves on anybody... idk what i was ever thinking lol. Going to replace hitmontop with the torchic i get in the end of the game as soon as i can

NEW ORAS OU TEAM!!

I battled against Cal at the Viridian City Trainer House and then I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I had visited every place around Viridian City, so I left south to Route 1 and headed for Pallet Town. I battle a couple of trainers along the way there, and when I finally arrived at my destination I wandered over to Professor Oak's Pokemon Lab. We talked and then I explored the town a bit; I visited Red and Blue's houses, then I left south to Cinnabar Island which was the next stop on my journey. I arrived in Cinnabar after Surfing around a bit and battling and I found Blue there. I talked to him and he said he'd return to the Viridian City Gym if I got the Volcano Badge from Blaine, so I healed at the Pokemon Center and headed east towards the Seafoam Islands to battle Blaine. I battled some wild Tentacool and some trainers along the way and I saved in the sea before arriving.

I have decided to take out Hitmontop from my team. Its stats were very good, however its moveset was not. I decided to go back to my starter, my Typhlosion, over a Heracross I have for my 6th spot. As I am about to enter Victory Road, here is my team.
    Overload the Magnezone lv. 41
    Flocka the Murkrow lv. 33
    Big Daddy the Typhlosion lv. 39

NEW ORAS OU TEAM!!

Picked back up my SoulSilver after a long hiatus. I was in Union Cave with a level 14 Totodile and a level 14 Gastly. I trained a bit and found lots of items (Shell Bell - score!) and got Gastly to 16 and Totodile to 17 by the time I got to Azalea Town. I just saved in the Pokemon Center.

My next goal is to crash Team Rockets party in the well and then beat Bugsy and maybe catch a Heracross or something. Either that or a Nidoran (M)
    Big Brother 17 >>>
    Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance ~ September 23rd

I battled some Swimmers and then I stopped by some sandbars and I battled some trainers that were stranded there. I eventually arrived at the Seafoam Islands to the east of Cinnabar Island and I entered the cavern there. I arrived at a cave that led to Blaine's new Gym and the interior of the Seafoam Islands. I decided to challenge Blaine's Gym first though. I entered the smaller cave and I went around in a circle battling against the Gym trainers there. I eventually found Blaine's spot in the middle of the circle and I battled him. I used Quagsire against his Rapidash and I defeated it with Waterfall. I then used Typhlosion against Magcargo and I defeated it with Earthquake. I used my Pidgeot against Blaine's Magmar after that and I defeated it with a couple of Aerial Ace attacks. I earned the Volcano Badge and a TM from Blaine and I left the cave. I saved before exploring the other cave.

Arrived in Vemillion City, Kanto, after beating Lance. My team is now between the 45-50. Back in Johto prof. Oak said he want that I visit his lab, so I looked on the map and discoverd that I first have to go to Saffron, then Cerulean, then Pewter, Viridian and finnaly Pallet Town. The Pokecenter nurse told me that it's smart to challenge Brock first in Pewter city. So I went on my journey trough Kanto. Arrived in Saffron City and nothing noteable happened. Okay, let's go to route 5! Hello Cerulean! In Cerulean I noticed that Misty, Ceruleans gym leader wasn't in the gym, and there were some problems woth the Power Plant and decided to help Kanto out with this problem. It was really late, so I went to the Pokecenter to take a nap.

Current team:
    Meganium lv.48
    Quagsire lv. 50
    Herracross lv. 48
    Magmar lv. 47
    Piloswine lv.48
    Murkrow lv.50

EDIT:
    In the Powerplant they said that a machine part was stolen, and in Cerulean there was a sneaky person hanging around the gym. In the gym I saw it was Team Rocket, what a surprise... The grunt ran away but saw him on the bridge, he hided, but I found him. After a though (NOT) battle he gave me the machine part and I brang it back to the Kanto Powerplant. I recieved TM. Charge Beam for reward. After that I wanted to continue my journey but on rt.4 I discoverd it was an one-way road. After some thinking I thought about Diglett's Cave to go to Pewter city. Good idea, I thought. But there was a huge sleeping Snorlax blocking the way. So I decided to challenge Misty first , but she stillmwasn't in her gym. Someone said he saw her on the end of rt.9. I walked to that cliff and spotted Misty with a young boy, the boy ran away. Misty called me a pest and then she saw my badges. She challenged me! Now I'm gonna challenge Misty first, instead of Brock. Now I'm standing in the gym of Misty, thinking of which Pokemon I'm gonna use. What I'm gonna do after the gym battle; I don't know yet. But I really wanna go to Pallet Town.

Current team:
    Meganium lv.50
    Magmar lv.48
    The others are still the same.
    Last edited by Roy9; 1st May 2013 at 1:02 PM. Reason: Rt. 4 is annoying
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

I entered the icy parts of the Seafoam Islands and I roamed around the slippery ice. I eventually found some trainers inside the cave and I battled against them. I headed deeper into the cavern and I had to push some ice blocks around and I eventually arrived at the watery part of the cave. I Surfed until I arrived on Articuno's little island and I battled against it. I was able to put it to sleep with Hypno's Hypnosis attack and then I caught it with an Ultra Ball. I left the island and I headed outside once I found the exit. I flew to Cinnabar Island in order to heal my Pokemon and then I flew to Viridian City. I battled against Cal at the Trainer House once more and I earned a Battle Point. I headed over to the Viridian City Gym and I was finally able to enter it. I wandered around the Gym on those moving tiles and I battled some of the Gym trainers inside and I saved near the middle of the Gym.

So, beated Misty and healed my Pokemon. Also beated Erika.
    Erika's Victreebell was tough, but I beated her. After that I checked my options to do.

-challenge Saffron's gym
    -visit Fuchsia
    -visit Lavender Town

I don't wanna challenge Saffron's gym for now, so I had to choose between Fuchsia and Lavender. Decided for Lavender because that's the closest from Celadon Ciy. So I walked to route 8 and challenged the first 3 trainers.

Current team:

Meganium lv.51
    Quagsire lv.50
    Heracross lv.50
    Magmar lv.50
    Piloswine lv.48
    Honchkrow lv.51
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Page 336 of 382 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast