Page 338 of 377 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 9406

Thread: Official HG/SS Recent Happenings Thread - [READ THE FIRST POST]

I started battling against trainers on Route 30 as I headed to Violet City. I healed my Pokemon in Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center afterward and then I kept going north until I arrived outside of Dark Cave. I explored the cave a bit and I got lucky and a Dunsparce appeared while I was inside. I caught it and a wild Geodude that appeared afterwards and then I left Dark Cave. I went west and I battled a Bug Catcher, then I arrived at the gatehouse between the route and Violet City. Ethan appeared there and he gave me the VS Recorder, then I visited the Pokemon Center. I wandered around and I visited various places of interest like the Poke Mart and Earl's Pokemon Academy. I headed over to the Sprout Tower after I discovered that I couldn't yet access the Violet City Gym, and I started to climb the tower. I battled against some Sages and I eventually saved the game halfway up the tower.

I did everything up to Goldenrod, basically. Onix soloed Bugsy and beat Falkner, but Chikorita evolved and became powerful too.

The trainers along Route 32 - Route 34 were given a good hiding by Bayleef who had learned Headbutt. The first thing I did upon reaching Goldenrod...I dashed to Route 35 and caught a NidoranM and a Yanma after very little searching. Quirky and Mild natures respectively.

After 3 days, I got 12,500 coins for Ice Beam...but I thought Swords Dance was 2,500 not 4,000...

I traded the two team members over to Platinum for some training.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

I caught a wild Gastly that appeared at night at the Sprout Tower, then I battled more Sages. I eventually reached the top of the tower and after battling the last remaining Sages there, I encountered my rival. He left after speaking with me and I battled against the Elder. I defeated him and after receiving the Flash TM from him I left the Sprout Tower. I healed my Pokemon at the Violet City Pokemon Center and I headed over to the Ruins of Alph to do some exploring and some more training for the upcoming Gym battle against Falkner. I wandered around the ruins and I solved one of the puzzles. Afterwards I headed back to Violet City and I entered the Gym which I could finally access. I battled against both of the Gym trainers inside of the Gym and I healed my Pokemon again. I did some last minute training before returning to the Gym, and I saved the game before battling against Falkner.

Started a new game recently and I chose Cyndaquil as my starter. I nicknamed him Adol (after Adol Christin, main character of the Ys series). As of this post, I'm at Azalea Town and just drove Team Rocket away from there and will be challenging the gym anytime soon. My starter, now a Quilava is at level 20 so I expect an easy win here since I also have the advantage.
    - Nate the

I finally got Nidorino and Yanma up to Lv25 on Platinum, so I traded them back. After playing some Voltorb Flip, I got the TM for Swords Dance and taught it to Bayleef...but there was a reason for that.

Bayleef took Whitney's gym on by himself...and then proceeded to set up 2 Swords Dances and swept Whitney

With that done, I grabbed the Squirt Bottle, and nicknamed Yanma 'Sparx' (reference anyone?). I powered through to Ecruteak and found items, before I battled and trounced my rival! Yanma gained Uproar in the process. I now plan to catch Magmar...
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

I just defeated the Gym Leader Bugsy in a really easy win and also defeated my rival. Of course I got through the forest and at this time I'm at the National Park. I might take part in the bug catching contest and after that, I'll be heading back to Goldenrod to get the Radio card and fight the Gym leader. Hopefully she won't give me too much of a hard time.
    - Nate the

I continued up the Lighthouse and finally found Jasmine tending to a sick Ampharos. She tasked me with going off to Cianwood City and retrieving some SecretPotion or something. Unfortunately the only way to get there was by surfing the dreaded Water Routes! Shellder wasn't able to participate due to its lack of moves against water types but Bayleef and Flaaffy had a field day. Flaaffy even evolved along the way! I got to Cianwood City and got the Potion along with a Shuckle and then I trounced Eusine and headed to the gym. The gym trainers weren't too difficult and neither was Chuck. Kadabra knocked out Primeape with Psybeam and Ampharos defeated Poliwrath with Thunder. His wife gave me Fly as a reward for beating her husband and I took a break after healing.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I challenged Falkner at the Violet City Gym and I used my newly-caught Mareep against his Pidgey. I used Thundershock against it and I defeated Falkner's Pidgey like it was nothing, but things got harder when he used his Pidgeotto. I had to use Geodude, but the battle went on and on since Pidgeotto kept using Roost to heal itself continuously. I eventually got lucky enough to defeat Pidgeotto and I obtained the Zephyr Badge as well as the Roost TM from Falkner himself. I left the Violet City Gym with a sense of accomplishment and I got a call on the Pokegear upon leaving the Gym. Elm called and he wanted me to pick up the mysterious Pokemon egg from his assistant at the local Poke Mart. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center first, then I picked up the egg and I added it to my team. I encountered a Kimono Girl outside and then I headed south to Route 32 and I saved along the path.

I defeated Whitney and Morty and got their badges. Whitney was quite easy, albeit a little annoying and after beating her, I went to Ecruteak and caught the Sudowoodo along the way. On arrival,I beat my rival, got the Surf HM and fought the Gym Leader. Morty was harder than Whitney for sure and I almost lost the battle oddly enough. After beating him, I went to Union Cave and since today was a Friday, I went ahead and caught Lapras who I believe I'll use on my team. Right now, I'll be heading to Olivine anytime.
    - Nate the

I obtained a Miracle Seed from a man on Route 32 and then I continued to wander south toward my next destination: Azalea Town. I battled some of the trainers along the route and I eventually arrived at the bridge area by the sea. I battled some Fisherman trainers there, and I registered one in the Pokegear since I knew he'd call if there was a specific Pokemon outbreak later on. I battled the trainers in the tall grass as well and then I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center near the entrance to Union Cave. I headed out after obtaining the Old Rod and then I spoke to Frieda outside and I obtained the Poison Barb item from her. I fished with the Old Rod and I caught a wild Magikarp that appeared. I finally entered Union Cave after that adventure and I had to navigate around the cave. I battled some trainers and I trained my Pokemon against wild ones before saving the game inside.

I'm in Olivine City as of this post and already have healed the sick Pokemon at the lighthouse and will be fighting the Gym Leader Jasmine next. Anyways, before all of this, I did the usual stuff (went to Cianwood, get the medicine...) and defeated Cianwood Leader Chuck, earning his badge. I trained my Pokes a bit and caught a few more Pokemon. Oddly enough, I just hatched the Togepi egg today too since I kept it for a while in the PC but I finally decided to hatch it. The nature's pretty meh, so I might breed to get a better one though
    .- Nate the

I decided to boot up my copy of Heart Gold and got a nice hit of nostalgia. I chose to restart it after trading my best Pokemon to Soul Silver and start as a female trainer this time (no idea why I chose to be male). I have been on a shiny hunt for my boyfriend in the previous games, so I thought I would do the same here. I've been SRing for a shiny starter for a few days now. :)

Xx|Divinity|xX

I surfed back across the ocean to Olivine City and gave Ampharos the SecretPotion. Then I spent a while camped out at the Pokeathlon Dome so I could get a Water Stone. When I finally got it I evolved Shellder into Cloyster! Since I felt some more training was in order before I faced Jasmine I went to the Union Cave and went to the bottom floor as well as going to the Safari Zone and battling all the trainers. Once Machop evolved I finally went back to Olivine to challenge Jasmine in an easy fight. Machoke defeated both Magnemite with Vital Throw and Cloyster knocked out Steelix with Surf. I got my 6th badge and then headed to Mahogany Town. Since the gym was blocked off I went north towards the Lake of Rage. I spotted something red in the water, wonder what that could be???

I finally left Union Cave after battling trainers and training against various wild Pokemon inside. I arrived on Route 33 and I battled a Hiker there and I registered his phone number in my Pokegear. I picked some Apricorns from some trees and then I headed out of the rain and I arrived near the Slowpoke Well in Azalea Town. I saw a Team Rocket grunt there and I couldn't enter the Slowpoke Well because he was blocking the way. I arrived at the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I then went out to the Poke Mart and I stocked up on items. I couldn't enter the Gym yet, so I went to Kurt's house next instead. I spoke with him there and he left to the Slowpoke Well to liberate the Slowpoke. I picked a White Apricorn in his garden, then I headed out to the well too. I entered it and I was told by Kurt to go ahead. I battled a couple of Team Rocket grunts inside there and saved.

Finally beat Jasmine and got her badge. From there, I went to wherever and trained my team a bit. After training, I went back to Goldenrod, bought some Pokeballs and got a good Eevee from Bill after some tries (I kept getting some that didn't really have good stats). And then, I went to train some more and headed to the Lake of Rage and just caught the Gyarados there. Now, I'll most likely be heading to the Rocket HQ in Mahogany.
    - Nate the

I battled against the last remaining Team Rocket grunts inside the Slowpoke Well and then I battled against Team Rocket Executive Proton at the end of the cave. I used my Geodude against his Zubat and my Mareep against his Koffing and he fled the cave afterwards. I spoke with Kurt later on and I headed out of the Slowpoke Well. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center again and I headed out to Union Cave in order to train my Pokemon some more for the upcoming Azalea Town Gym battle. I worked hard to train my Bayleef, Pidgeotto and Geodude and after spending 45 minutes inside the cave training, I headed back out to Route 33 and I wandered back to Azalea Town. I headed over to the Azalea Town Gym and I started to wander around it, battling trainers. I had to travel around the Gym using the spider carts and I saved the game halfway through the Gym challenge.

(Soul Silver) Last night I paced outside the entrance to Ecruteak City training my Ratatta now Raticate to face Morty. Having completed the tasks in the burnt tower, I ran into Riakou three times and Entei once. I used Raticate's pursuit on Riakou in two of the encounters before it fled doing hardly any damage. The third time I decided to be an idiot and throw a great ball and of course it didn't work. Threw a pokeball at Entei, failed of course. It was eerie how many times they appeared in the same grassy area and it sucks that I am in no condition to capture or even dent them. :P
    Last edited by PhoenixFever; 24th May 2013 at 9:22 PM.
    I'm looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/29lljsz.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/rteqmg.jpg[/IMG]
    Http://mooneyedwolf.deviantart.com
    http://thewolfsmoon.livejournal.com

I found a shiny!!! Right in the middle of the lake was a Red Gyarados!! Joking aside I knocked it out with Ampharos then talked with Lance and together he and I (mostly me) defeated Team Rocket in their hideout in Mahogany Town. Lance gave me Whirlpool for helping him and then I went to the gym. My team really doesn't have any problems with Ice types so I was able to easily sweep the place. Ampharos beat Pryce's Seel and Dewgong with Thunder and Cloyster defeated Piloswine with Surf. Elm hit me up and spoke of weird things happening at the Radio Tower so of course I checked it out.

Team Rocket takeover! After my attempts to join them were foiled them I was left with no choice but to take them down! It was a long and monotonous journey but I was able to not only rescue the Director but also stop Team Rocket and save the world!!!

I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center after I defeated all of the Gym trainers inside the Azalea Town Gym. I headed back and I arrived at the back of the Gym where Bugsy was waiting. I battled his Scyther with my Geodude, but it returned to Bugsy with U-turn and I defeated Bugsy's Metapod first instead. I used my Pidgeotto against Bugsy's Kakuna and I defeated it easily with Gust, then I moved on to Scyther again. I used Mareep and then Geodude and I defeated Scyther. I won the Hive Badge and the U-turn TM from Bugsy afterwards and I left the Azalea Town Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center once more and I also bought some items at the Poke Mart. I headed to Kurt's house and I asked him to make me some Fast Balls out of a couple of White Apricorns that I had. I battled my rival near the gatehouse to the Ilex Forest and then I saved before continuing.

I have 40 hours of game time at this point. I borrowed my friend's DS to play his Soul Silver on Monday. I chose Cyndaquil because he is my favorite starter and Pokemon of all time. I didn't evolve him until he had learned flamethrower at level 37. I think this is why his stats are ridiculously high compared to some of my friend's starters. This is the first playthrough where I actually built a team before I caught the Pokemon themselves. It took me two tries at the Elite Four, and I was forced to use Lugia, because the first time I brought my HM slave. I'm currently trying to catch Raikou and Entei, and am not sure what Pokemon I can catch to stop them from fleeing. Anyways, this is my first post. Thanks
    I'm just about ready to fight Red. I have defeated blue and all the other gyms with this team. You guys/gals think I can make it?

1. Umbreon Level 31. Atk:56, Def 89, SP.ATK 47, SP. Def 85, Speed 52
    Ability: Synchronize
    -Attract
    -Quick Attack
    -Confuse Ray
    -Torment

2.Togetic Level 51 Atk 63, Def 103, Sp. Atk 89, Sp. Def 123, Speed 77
    Ability: Hustle
    -Return
    -Extrasensory
    -Fly
    -Last Resort

3. Kadabra level 30. Atk 30, Def 29, Sp. Atk 72, Sp. Def 47, Speed 81
    Ability: Inner Focus
    -Recover
    -Psychic
    -Miracle Eye
    -Embargo

4.Typhlosion Lv. 60. Atk 129, Def 112, Sp. Atk 155, Sp. Def 127, Speed 151
    Ability: Blaze
    -Overheat
    -Flamethrower
    -Double-Edge
    -Eruption

5. Gyarados Lv 54. Atk 152, Def 102, Sp. Atk 83, Def 140, Speed 97
    Ability: Intimidate
    -Blizzard
    -Ice Beam
    -Waterfall
    -Surf

6.Machoke Lv. 44 Atk 100, Def 83, Sp. Atk 65, Sp. Def 70, Speed 67
    Ability: No Guard
    -Cross Chop
    -Strength
    -Earthquake
    -Poison Jab
    Last edited by TsubakiSoulSilver; 27th May 2013 at 9:00 AM.

I healed my Pokemon in Azalea Town once more and I headed into the Ilex Forest after that. I wandered around until I arrived at the tree that was blocking the rest of the forest path. I had to help find the two lost Farfetch'd in order to get the Cut HM, so I wandered around the forest trying to lure the Farfetch'd closer to me. I eventually managed to get them and their owners were happy. I taught Cut to my Oddish and I used it to cut down the skinny tree in front of the Ilex Forest shrine. I wandered around the forest some more and I encountered the guy who taught Headbutt to Pokemon. After passing near him I met another Kimono Girl. She left the forest after I spoke with her and I arrived at the northern entrance. I left the gatehouse and I battled some trainers on Route 34. I also caught a wild Drowzee in the tall grass and I met Ethan outside of the Day Care. I then saved the game.

I decided now was as good a time as any to evolve Kadabra and Machoke, so I did just that. After quickly getting through the Ice Cave I arrived in Blackthorn City. Typically I will head south for some training but not this time. This time I went straight to the gym. Cloyster and Meganium dominated the Dratini's and Horsea's and before I knew it I was challenging Claire. Ampharos took out Gyarados with a Discharge to start off the battle. I sent in Cloyster to fight her first Dragonair and Ice Beam only brought it to the red. After she healed I used Ice Shard which brought it to half health and another knocked it out. I swapped to Machamp who did a decent amount of damage with Vital Throw before getting knocked out by a freaking critical hit Dragon Pulse. Cloyster was able to come in and finish it off with Ice Shard. Meganium was up against Kingdra and luckily got a critical hit Petal Dance which knocked it out. Clair was stubborn and wouldn't hand over the badge until I passed a test, so I did.

Professor Elm gave me a Master Ball for beating all the gym leaders and mentioned something about Kimono Girls. Once I got to Ecruteak I had to beat the 5 girls in succession. Suddenly, a little girl ran in saying something about a rainbow Pokemon or something. I climbed to the top of the Bell Tower and encountered Ho-oh. After four tries I gave up and chucked my Master Ball at it. With my final team member captured I flew back to Blackthorn to battle the trainers south of it for experience.

After I had visited the Day Care Center on Route 34, I headed north some more and I battled another trainer. I eventually arrived in Goldenrod City after I trained at Route 34 some more, and I quickly headed over to the local Pokemon Center in order to heal my Pokemon. I visited the local Department Store as well and I purchased some basic items there. I wandered around town a bit afterwards, visiting random places of interest. I found the Bike Shop and I got a free Bike there. I rode it around town a bit and I eventually visited the Underground area of Goldenrod City. I battled more trainers there and then I wandered over to the Goldenrod City Radio Tower. I passed the quiz there and I got my Pokegear upgraded so that it would play music now. I met Whitney inside and she left to her Gym after meeting me. I went south to Route 34 in order to train some more for the Gym battle.

After beating every trainer in Johto I surfed over to Kanto. Since Cloyster can't learn Waterfall for some stupid reason I had to leave Ho-oh behind since it was overleveled anyway. Once I got through Victory Road I stocked up and challenged the Elite 4. The actual Elite 4 were very easy, but Lance was a doozy. He seemed to never miss and always landed critical hits. Luckily Meganium acted as a tank and was able to endure some hits while I healed up my team. Cloyster's Ice Shard proved invaluable here doing about half damage on each of his Dragonite's. In the end I won and became the Pokemon League Champion!!

I awoke in my room and before I knew what was going on I arrived in Kanto. I didn't feel like exploring so the first thing I did was head to the Vermilion Gym. Machamp proved its worth thanks to Earthquake and No Guard making Lt Surge's cheap Double Team strategy worthless. After getting that badge I headed north to Saffron City and went straight to the gym there. Sabrina was much more difficult. Once Meganium's tanking proved useful. Once she was beaten I ran north to Cerulean City and went to the Power Plant and learned of a theft. I returned to Cerulean and found the Mchn part inside the gym so I returned it. Then I had to go through the Nugget Bridge to get Misty back to the gym. Misty proved as easy as Lt Surge with most of my team getting a chance to take out her team. After leaving the gym with my 11th badge I took a break.

I decided to make a game with all 3 starters, so after going through the get mr pokemons amazing discovery 3 times, and almost losing my mind I was set. Oh and defeated my rival 3 times. When I got the other 2 starters, I went to violet city, defeating the trainers allong my path, which were quite easy. After that I challenged the sprout tower, which proved to be good exp for me. After defeating about 15 bellsprouts, I went to challenge the first gym. Where the pidgeotto proved to be more difficult then I thought, mainly because poisonpowder missed 6 times in a row. (And yes this was without the use of sand attack) I finally took care of him and picked up the togepi egg. Oh right, cindaquill evolved into a quillava.

Team:

Chikorita Level 14
    -Tackle
    -Synthesis
    -Razor Leaf
    -Poison Powder

Quillava Level 14
    -Tackle
    -Quick Attack
    -SmokeScreen
    -Ember

Totodile Level 12
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Rage
    -Watergun
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 1st June 2013 at 12:28 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Page 338 of 377 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348 ... LastLast